Are you happy that jesus died for you?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 29 2009,02:56)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 27 2009,18:38)
    Isn't God Almighty the God of this world and all worlds?

There is another god of this world.

In whom the god of this world “hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2 Cor 4:4

Notice it doesn't say believe in Allah!  Believe in Jesus!

WJ

WJ……What do you do with this “because they recieve not the Love of the truth , GOD will send to them strong delusion in order for them to believe a LIE”> Looks like GOD the FATHER does this, and another thing How do you know that the word god is not really GOD written in the text seeing (ALL) original Greek was written with Capital letters. DB may have a point WJ. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………….gene

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Aug. 07 2009,12:25)
    Jodi………..Amen Sis, you have it right. Jesus did not preexist His berth here on earth, He was planed before hand to be Born and come into existence through the Lions of DAVID, by GOD the FATHER, and at the right time He was born. 100% pure HUMAN BEING exactly like Us in every way. All who look at Jesus as being Just like themselves and Believe in the FATHER as He did will also recieve what He did. WE are to grow into the (FULL) Measure of CHRIST> All Trinitarians , Preexistences , and teachers of Doctrines about devils and demons are of the Apostate Churches and Must come out of them. IMO

peace and love to you and yours Jodi………………………gene

Greetings Gene…..Are you saying there are no devils or demons in our existance….Phew !!!! Thats good.. so I guess Halloween is a Hoax….And all this evil in our world is a product of active violent imaginations…Why would the scripture refer to satan as the God of this world…

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

theodorej……….the Adversarial Spirit in (MAN) is what rules in this world , not some unseen spook going around Jumpinmg in and out of people. And yes Halloween is a HOAX, as well as all demonic tales people hear. Any time a person is going against GOD they are SATAN or DEVILS themselves, Jesus told Peter “get behind me SATAN” why? because he was an offense to Jesus and also the work of GOD, Just like the Pharisees were also When Jesus said they were of there father the devil. The devil is not a person it is a adversarial position people take. Jesus also said that he chose all 12 of the apostles and went on to say and yet “One of you (IS) a DEVIL. No Spook Just human beings in opposition to GOD they are Adversaries (SATAN) Same word. All who believe in devils and demons suffer from phobias of all types , this is the plague they recieve by not coming out of those false teaching of the apostate churches.

peace and love……………………gene

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Aug. 07 2009,13:22)
    theodorej……….the Adversarial Spirit in (MAN) is what rules in this world , not some unseen spook going around Jumpinmg in and out of people.  And yes Halloween is a HOAX, as well as all demonic tales people hear. Any time a person is going against GOD they are SATAN or DEVILS themselves, Jesus told Peter “get behind me SATAN” why? because he was an offense to Jesus and also the work of GOD, Just like the Pharisees were also When Jesus said they were of there father the devil. The devil is not a person it is a adversarial position people take. Jesus also said that he chose all 12 of the apostles and went on to say and yet “One of you (IS) a DEVIL. No Spook Just human beings in opposition to GOD they are Adversaries (SATAN) Same word. All who believe in devils and demons suffer from phobias of all types , this is the plague they recieve by not coming out of those false teaching of the apostate churches.  

peace and love……………………gene

Gene,

We agree on so much but once again the scriptures are clear “Satan entered into him”

John 13:26-28 (King James Version)

26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.

27And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DB……….An adversarial Spirit (intellect) was already in him. Spirit (intellect) can inter or leave some one. ” when an unclean spirit leaves a person it goes into (ARID) places look for REST. Now ask yourself why is it in (arid) places looking for Rest, it is because a (thought or intellect) can not do anything outside of a body. It is useless. But in a body it can animate it. Now think about Judas , Jesus said before that evening every happened ” Have I not chosen you all and Yet One of you is a devil” (Adversary). Judas was an adversary from the start, he had an adversarial or (SATAN) Spirit (intellect) from the start, It was simply when Jesus gave him the sop, he simply acted out completely what was already in Him which He had from the start. The problem is Most all do not KNOW what SPIRIT IS. It is (NOT) a Person or being of any kind, It is the intellect of the MIND in a person. There are (NO) Spirit (BEINGS) there are (BEINGS) who Have SPIRIT (INTELLECT) in them. That includes angles or Humans. The confusion of Spirit as a Being has caused much misunderstanding in scripture. When we die the Spirit (intellect) goes back to who gave it , Man became a living (soul) after His body recieved (Spirit) intellect and the Spirit animate His body through His mind. Jesus said “don't fear him who can destory the Body and after that can do nothing else , but fear Him who can destory (Both) Body and Soul,” in the GRAVE. If your not resurrected you (ARE) destroyed your have perished. because your thoughts Parish they leave the body. Remember where it says when a man dies (HIS Thoughts Parish). Notice Jesus never said both body and spirit , because it takes the Spirit or intellect which can not die (AND) a Body to make a soul, because the soul is the combination of both body and spirit. You can not destory SPIRIT (INTELLECT) But you can destory a BODY. And if a Body does not have a Spirit in it it is dead . The good new here is that a Spirit (intellect) can be changed from unclean to clean from Evil to GOOD. Whosoever is born of HOLY SPIRIT (Holy Intellect) can not sin. We can have our Spirits (intellects) changed with the Help of Holy Spirit or Intellect . We need to let the mind be in us and ask the FATHER for His Spirit (intellect) And when we seek (HIS) word we are installing HIS Mind or intellect in us and becoming more like our heavenly FATHER. The wonderful GOOD NEWS is we can become CLEANSED from our sins. “Though thy sin be as scarlet, yet they shall be a white as wool”. Our minds and Hearts can be Changed by (SPIRIT). Again SPIRIT is (NOT) A (BEING) it is INTELLECT in the MIND. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………gene

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Aug. 09 2009,17:01)
    DB……….An adversarial Spirit (intellect) was already in him. Spirit (intellect) can inter or leave some one. ” when an unclean spirit leaves a person  it goes into (ARID) places look for REST. Now ask yourself why is it in (arid)  places looking for Rest, it is because a (thought or intellect) can not do anything outside of a body. It is useless. But in a body it can animate it.  Now think about Judas , Jesus said before that evening every happened ” Have I not chosen you all and Yet One of you is a devil” (Adversary). Judas was an adversary from the start, he had an adversarial or (SATAN) Spirit (intellect) from the start, It was simply when Jesus gave him the sop, he simply acted out completely what was already in Him which He had from the start.  The problem is Most all do not KNOW what SPIRIT IS. It is (NOT) a Person or being of any kind, It is the intellect of the MIND in a person. There are (NO) Spirit (BEINGS) there are (BEINGS) who Have SPIRIT (INTELLECT) in them. That includes angles or Humans. The confusion of Spirit as a Being has caused much misunderstanding in scripture. When we die the Spirit (intellect) goes back to who gave it , Man became a living (soul) after His body recieved (Spirit) intellect and the Spirit animate His body through His mind. Jesus said “don't fear him who can destory the Body and after that can do nothing else , but fear Him who can destory (Both) Body and Soul,” in the GRAVE. If your not resurrected you (ARE) destroyed your have perished. because your thoughts Parish they leave the body. Remember where it says when a man dies (HIS Thoughts Parish). Notice Jesus never said both body and spirit , because it takes the Spirit or intellect which can not die (AND) a Body to make a soul, because the soul is the combination of both body and spirit. You can not destory SPIRIT (INTELLECT) But you can destory a BODY. And if a Body does not have a Spirit in it it is dead .  The good new here is that a Spirit (intellect) can be changed from unclean to clean from Evil to GOOD.  Whosoever is born of HOLY SPIRIT (Holy Intellect) can not sin. We can have our Spirits (intellects) changed with the Help of Holy Spirit or Intellect . We need to let the mind be in us and ask the FATHER for His Spirit (intellect) And when we seek (HIS) word we are installing HIS Mind or intellect in us and becoming more like our heavenly FATHER. The wonderful GOOD NEWS is we can become CLEANSED from our sins. “Though thy sin be as scarlet, yet they shall be a white as wool”. Our minds and Hearts can be Changed by (SPIRIT). Again SPIRIT is (NOT) A (BEING) it is INTELLECT in the MIND. IMO

Gene the scriptures say that “Satan entered into him” This shows a being “Satan” was not “in” this other being i.e. “him” and then entered into him.

Do you not believe that the devil tempted Jesus in the wilderness? Was that “Devil just part of Jesus? or was their an actual Spirit that tempted Jesus?

I agree with what you said regarding humans being “devils” but that does not mean that there are not spiritual devils. That is why the Quran is so critical to understanding The entire word of God. The Quran talks about a creation of spiritual beings called the Jinn, they are not angels and it is said that Satan was one of the Jinn and not an angel as most christians believe.

(8) And the Jinn race, We had created before, from the fire of a scorching wind.
    ( سورة الحجر , Al-Hijr, Chapter #15, Verse #27)

(10) Behold! We said to the angels, “Bow down to Adam”: They bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they are enemies to you! Evil would be the exchange for the wrong-doers!
    ( سورة الكهف , Al-Kahf, Chapter #18, Verse #50)

(23) And He created Jinns from fire free of smoke:
    ( سورة الرحمن , Ar-Rahman, Chapter #55, Verse #15)

There are spiritual beings Gene, What was Gabriel?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DB……….Show us were it says SATAN (IS) a BEING. SATAN is a descriptor that describes a Spirit or intellect that is in a (PERSON). YOu have also brought into the Lie of devils and demons as separate (Beings). They do not exist any one who is an adversary to GOD is a DEVIL, yes even Peter was called a SATAN BY Jesus, because He savored (NOT) the things of GOD. You failed to answer why Jesus said Judas was a DEVIL (BEFORE) that Night. Judas was that way all a long even before Jesus called HIM. Read the scriptures and put them together, if you can. Also DB go and read what JODI Posted on this subject She is accurate and right on. IMO

peace and love…………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DB……….I meant to add that the god (powers of this world are not unseen spooks going around jumping in and out of people , they are the men in this world with Power to control it. Full of Greed and Lust and Pride. “for (ALL) that is in the world, the lust of (FLESH) the lust of the eyes, and the PRIDE of LIFE, are (FROM) the WORLD, do you see Satan's and demons here, and John did say (ALL that is in the World). So why try to add more to it . Come out of the false teaching of the Apostate Churches brother. IMO

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Aug. 10 2009,04:36)
    DB……….Show us were it says SATAN (IS) a BEING. SATAN is a descriptor that describes a Spirit or intellect that is in a (PERSON). YOu have also brought into the Lie of devils and demons as separate (Beings). They do not exist any one who is an adversary to GOD is a DEVIL, yes even Peter was called a SATAN BY Jesus, because He savored (NOT) the things of GOD.  You failed to answer why Jesus said Judas was a DEVIL (BEFORE) that Night. Judas was that way all a long even before Jesus called HIM. Read the scriptures and put them together, if you can. Also DB go and read what JODI Posted on this subject She is accurate and right on. IMO

Gene,

This is good that we can argue this out because I admire you greatly,

I have already said that a person can be called “Satanic” referring to their intellect or a “devil” according to their intellect. The fact is their are also spirit beings that fit the description or who do you think God was talking to in Job?

Job 1
    6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Isn't God talking to a being entitled Satan in this verse?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Aug. 10 2009,04:36)
    DB……….Show us were it says SATAN (IS) a BEING. SATAN is a descriptor that describes a Spirit or intellect that is in a (PERSON). YOu have also brought into the Lie of devils and demons as separate (Beings). They do not exist any one who is an adversary to GOD is a DEVIL, yes even Peter was called a SATAN BY Jesus, because He savored (NOT) the things of GOD.  You failed to answer why Jesus said Judas was a DEVIL (BEFORE) that Night. Judas was that way all a long even before Jesus called HIM. Read the scriptures and put them together, if you can. Also DB go and read what JODI Posted on this subject She is accurate and right on. IMO

Mark 5

15And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.

16And they that saw it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the swine.

You see here “Possessed with The Devil. Now the man was not an advesary to God but what was inside him was.

You should look at my first responses to Jodi and you will see why she didn't really focus on my replies although I think she is brilliant in her research. The fact is even when someone would receive prophetic utterance it was God that Possessed them.

I have put the scriptures together Gene and as I have said Jodi said most of the story but the whole story is that there are spirits.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DB………You need to understand there are (SEVEN) Spirits of ONE GOD, and this also includes the SPIRIT of an ADVERSARY, All adversaries are possessed with and Adversarial Spirit, (Intellect) this Spirit intellect is what is guiding them, it causes them to respond the way they do. Just as HOLY Spirit or HOLY INTELLECT causes Us to respond the way it influences us, “let this mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus our Lord, same Mind same Spirit or Intellect. GOD Himself can be and Adversary and Has at times (meaning He simple is against some things). God Sent a an adversarial Spirit (intellect) against Job and it controlled things around Job like the ones who kill his children and burned his fields and raided His lands. This Spirit (intellect) was at work in those who carried out these horrible deeds in Jobs life, It was the Spirit of an adversary sent by GOD. Angles can also have an adversarial Spirit (intellect) if GOD puts it in them. There is (NO) SATAN (Being) as such, there are beings that have the Spirit or Intellect of an adversary or SATAN, such as Peter Had when Jesus confronted Him and said GET BEHIND ME SATAN Or (Adversary) Trying to make Satan into some super individual being is a false doctrine about devils and demons taught by the Apostate Churches. DB if you get a chance read JODI”S posts on this subject She goes through much scripture explaining it, She's right on this brother.. Spirit is simple (INTELLECT) of THE MIND nothing more nothing less. When they saw Jesus after His resurection they thought they had seen a SPIRIT, but Jesus said a (SPIRIT) DOES (NOT) have FLESH AND BONE as you see I have. Jesus was not a SPIRIT BEING, therefore Jesus is (NOT) GOD even after the resurrection. Why because Jesus said He was not a SPIRIT and He also said GOD (WAS) a SPIRIT, in fact SEVEN SPIRITS (INTELLECTS) compose (ONE) GOD. WE must come out of (ALL) the False teachings of the Whore Church and Her Daughters not just a few things. Not just the LYING TRINITY DOCTRINE, but also the DOCTRINE of PREEXISTENCES, AS WELL DOCTRINES ABOUT DEVILS AND DEMONS. all ARE FALSE TEACHING, and those who teach them are plagued with Her plagues like all type of Phobias and the like. “Come out of her my people that you recieve not of (HER) plagues” we are told, not part way but all the way. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours……………………….gene

Cato
    Participant

It sounds to me like a lot of disagreements might be solved or better discussed if terms were defined or at least a common understanding of what we as individuals mean when using certain terms.  Take for instance spirit; it is taken a lot of different ways by different folks and beliefs.  Soul is another.  Devil and demon are other terms that mean many things to many people with some using them interchangably with others defining them differently.  Take for instance Jinn most Christians would consider them either demons or imaginary, others would view them as non-demonic elementals.   Sometimes I read posts and think we are often arguing apples and oranges.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Cato………To me one of the greatest misunderstandings in scripture is what is SPIRIT , this lack of understanding causes much of the confusion. It would be a good start to deal with that ONE WORD. To me Spirit is (NOT) a (BEING) but is what is in the Being (His Intellect) and this seems to back up what the scriptures say about SPIRIT. But it would be a good start for us all. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………..gene

I

Cato
    Participant

When I think of spirit, I refer to the non-corporeal portions of existence.  Where I part probably with most is that I think there are multiple levels of existence even beyond the physical, such as the  astral plane that lead to ever more pure and abstact (at least to us ) levels of being.  The athiest looks only at one level of being, most Christians two, I think there are, in all likelyhood several.  Judaic Kabbalistic thought looks at many levels of reality.  But I stray from the topic and will end this here.  As far as the original question I will admit I am at a loss for an answer. I have too many questions about the life and true nature of the Great Master to be able to sort out such emotions the question, as posed ,would entail.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Aug. 10 2009,13:07)
    DB………You need to understand there are (SEVEN) Spirits of ONE GOD, and this also includes the SPIRIT of an ADVERSARY, All adversaries are possessed with and Adversarial Spirit, (Intellect) this Spirit intellect is what is guiding them, it causes them to respond the way they do. Just as HOLY Spirit or HOLY INTELLECT causes Us to respond the way it influences us, “let this mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus our Lord, same Mind same Spirit or Intellect. GOD Himself can be and Adversary and Has at times (meaning He simple is against some things).  God Sent a an adversarial Spirit (intellect) against Job and it controlled things around Job like the ones who kill his children and burned his fields and raided His lands. This Spirit (intellect) was at work in those who carried out these horrible deeds in Jobs life, It was the Spirit of an adversary sent by GOD. Angles can also have an adversarial Spirit (intellect) if GOD puts it in them. There is (NO) SATAN (Being) as such, there are beings that have the Spirit or Intellect of an adversary or SATAN, such as Peter Had when Jesus confronted Him and said GET BEHIND ME SATAN Or (Adversary) Trying to make Satan into some super individual being is a false doctrine about devils and demons taught by the Apostate Churches. DB if you get a chance read JODI”S posts on this subject She goes through much scripture explaining it, She's right on this brother.. Spirit is simple (INTELLECT) of THE MIND nothing more nothing less. When they saw Jesus after His resurection they thought they had seen a SPIRIT, but Jesus said a (SPIRIT) DOES (NOT) have FLESH AND BONE as you see I have. Jesus was not a SPIRIT BEING, therefore Jesus is (NOT) GOD even after the resurrection. Why because Jesus said He was not a SPIRIT and He also said GOD (WAS) a SPIRIT, in fact SEVEN SPIRITS (INTELLECTS) compose (ONE) GOD. WE must come out of (ALL) the False teachings of the Whore Church and Her Daughters not just a few things. Not just the LYING TRINITY DOCTRINE, but also the DOCTRINE of PREEXISTENCES, AS WELL DOCTRINES ABOUT DEVILS AND DEMONS. all ARE FALSE TEACHING, and those who teach them are plagued with Her plagues like all type of Phobias and the like. “Come out of her my people that you recieve not of (HER) plagues” we are told, not part way but all the way. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours……………………….gene

No Gene,

Once again you have not explained who God was talking to when it says and Satan was with them. God was talking to a spiritual being, was he not? Some of the things that happened to Job had nothing to do with other “People” There were physical manifestations that happened to Job that no outside person could have done.

The scripture didn't say “a” Satan it said Satan. I never said Satan was some super individual but Satan or spirits that are adveserial are actual beings and that is a scriptural fact. Was Jesus tempted by a person or was it the Devil/Satan?

It is a false teaching that devils and demons do not exist when Jesus clearly said that they do and the Quran confirms that they do.

God Bless you always!

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Aug. 11 2009,03:34)
    Cato………To me one of the greatest misunderstandings in scripture is what is SPIRIT , this lack of understanding causes much of the confusion. It would be a good start to deal with that ONE WORD.  To me Spirit is (NOT) a (BEING) but is what is in the Being (His Intellect) and this seems to back up what the scriptures say about SPIRIT. But it would be a good start for us all. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………..gene

I

If you believe that Spirit is not a being then you believe that God is not a being because God is a Spirit.

So is it your belief that God is not a Being?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DB………Why do you think Jesus said no man has seen God at any time, that is because GOD is SPIRIT and you can't see spirit. Spirit is INTELLECT or a MIND it can only animate a body, it is NO Being as we Know what a being is. Jesus said He disclosed Him to us< how through His words , they (his words) are spirit and life, you can't see words they a expressions of one intellect (Spirit). "in the beginning was the word (spirit intellect expressed) and the word was GOD". Jesus said GOD was (A) spirit. IMO

peace and love……………..gene

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Aug. 14 2009,12:30)
    DB………Why do you think Jesus said no man has seen God at any time, that is because GOD is SPIRIT and you can't see spirit. Spirit is INTELLECT or a MIND it can only animate a body, it is NO Being as we Know what a being is.  Jesus said He disclosed Him to us< how through His words , they (his words) are spirit and life, you can't see words they a expressions of one intellect (Spirit). "in the beginning was the word (spirit intellect expressed) and the word was GOD".  Jesus said GOD was (A) spirit.  IMO

peace and love……………..gene

Conscious intellect that has an Identity exists as a being. If God says “I” Then God is a being. We are Human Beings, God is a Spirit Being.

Being =The state or quality of having existence

Spirit = 1. The vital principle or animating force within living beings.

2. Incorporeal consciousness.

In Humans Spirit is number 1 but in God and angels and such number two would apply.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Why is it you always accept two things representing one instead of accepting them as they are if one thing is put to death and another is set free you say those two things only represent one

How about as the trial of Jesus there was two People Jesus and Barabbas
    bar-Abbas,[1] (Aramaic: בר-אבא, Bar-abbâ, “son of the father”)

Then cried they all again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas. Now Barabbas was a robber.
    John 18:39-40

And there was one named Barabbas, which lay bound with them that had made insurrection with him, who had committed murder in the insurrection.
    Mark 15:6-8

Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ?
    Matthew 27:16-18

Luke 23:13-16 (King James Version)

13And Pilate, when he had called together the chief priests and the rulers and the people,

14Said unto them, Ye have brought this man unto me, as one that perverteth the people: and, behold, I, having examined him before you, have found no fault in this man touching those things whereof ye accuse him:

15No, nor yet Herod: for I sent you to him; and, lo, nothing worthy of death is done unto him.

16I will therefore chastise him, and release him

Now we all know that someone was crucified and someone was set free but the fact is would Jesus cry out?

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
    Matthew 27:45-47

And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
    Mark 15:33-35

Why not Father, Father?

Perhaps it really was BARABBAS (Son of the father)

That they said (in boast), “We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
    ( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #157)

francis
    Participant

Hello Bodhitharta…

At first it was very difficult to understand what you were initially asking.  I had to go through a few answers of yours before I can say I now think I understand the question you first asked… which is the title of the thread.

The following are some of your answers and questions in which you reworded your original question in an attempt to clarify your original question:

1)… If you knew that his death meant your salvation and it was your decision to crucify him or not, what would you do?

2)… I would like to say “Crucify him” but I know that wouldn't be right considering my own guilt so as much as I would detest my own punishment I would set him free seeing that he is innocent of any sins that I did.   So would you say “Crucify him” and then carry it out and nail him to the cross?

3)… If you could spare Jesus the Cross at your own expense would you do it? Would you suffer for your own sins that the innocent might escape punishment?

4)… Would you wish that Jesus did not die for you? Do you love Jesus that much?

All the above were direct quotes from your answers and they were clarifying your orginal question which was: “Does your love of Jesus surpass your salvation because of his death?”

Here is my answer… based on my understanding of what you are trying to ask:

I often tell God… Jesus… that I'm so sorry that because of my sins that He had to die so that I might live.  And so in effect,  my shame and guilt and sense of justice does compell me to admit that I deserve to be in hell for the sins that I alone committed. And that it is not fair that Jesus was put into a situation where He had to decide to make the choice of  voluntarily dying for my sins or not…  when justice demands that I die for my own sins…. and not someone else.

My sense of Justice… and my love for Jesus… and the sorrow I feel because of the pain He bore for me…  tells me that if I had the courage, I would sincerely want to be able to tell Jesus that because I love Him so much, I don't want Him to die for me… that I would rather die than have Him die.  After all, i deserve to die for my sins… not Him.  I am a sinner… He was not.  I was guilty… He was not.

Indeed, I distincly remember that when I was newly born-again, I used to pray and tell God that I was willing to give up my salvation so that another person (like a member of my family) can go to heaven.  I was in effect praying for the opportunity to give up “my seat”…  if you will… in heaven.

Now whether or not I would actually have the courage to go thru with what my mind and heart says… who can really say how a person will act at the moment of such a difficult and life altering decision.  Sometimes a person's courage fails them when tested under extreme circumstances.   And staring at the future of having to spend an eternity in hell separated from God… being permantly separated from the pure expression of Love and Mercy and Kindness that is God… that would test any human's courage and resolve.

Having said that though… I think you're interesting hypothetical (and that is all it is) has some fatal flaws in it.

For example… if I say that I hate Jesus and reject Him… I go to hell.  Equally true… if I love Jesus and don't want Him to die for me, but I decide to go to hell voluntarily for my own sins… I go to hell.

So here we can see that your hypothetical leads to the strange result that a person can hate and reject Jesus… and another person can love Jesus very much… and yet both will be going to hell.  It appears that there is no real difference between hate and love… that it ultimately makes no difference one way or the other whether you love or hate.   Now to me…  when the end result is exactly the same for a person who either loves or hates Jesus… then that is a red flag that something might be amiss about how the hypothetical was orginally set up.

Your questions speaks about love on the part of humans,  and about Justice… but it leaves out mercy and the idea of love as being part of the intrinsic nature of God.   And if we honestly look at your question again… with all of this in front of us… then can we begin to see how your question is really mute and doesn't go anywhere.

——
    So to put things in persepective, your scenario should look something like this.  There we are, standing in front of God/Jesus.   God has laid out the facts for us.  We are sinners and because of our sins we deserve to die and be sent to hell.  We groan and are saddened and terrified at the prospect of going to hell.   But we also know that we deserve it because we are sinners.   But then Jesus speaks up and says that because He loves us so much, He will die in our place.

Our first and immediate response is pure joy and relief that we don't have to go to hell.  But then slowly,  our sense of justice and our love for Jesus begins to dawn on us and we feel obligated to thank Jesus so much for His willingness to die for us… but because we love Jesus, we would rather pay our own debt so that Jesus doesn't have to suffer for us.

Now… your original question goes only that far.   Indeed, in the above scenario, I have even answered in much the say way you did when you said:

“I would like to say “Crucify him” but I know that wouldn't be right considering my own guilt so as much as I would detest my own punishment I would set him free seeing that he is innocent of any sins that I did.”

In that sense, we both have answered similiarily.

But here is the problem.  Your original question doesn't take into account the concept of “mercy” nor the fact that “love” is intrinsically a vital part of God's very nature.  So in the above scenario your answer and mine won't simply end there,  becaue of who God is.

Think about it.  What do you think God's and/or Jesus' response will be to our similiar answer?  Well, if love is an intrinsic part of God/Jesus… and if there is no greater example of love than the willingness to lay down your life for another… and if God/Jesus are merciful (granting us something that we don't deserve)… then our requests to be sent to hell for our own sins (motivated out of true love) will be brushed aside.  

How can you “out love” God who's nature is love?  You can't.  God/Jesus… bound by His very nature… will voluntarily lay down His life in your place.  His very nature will propel Him to the cross because of His love for us.  So while our answers might be managamous and lofty and admirable and full of justice… it pales in comparison… and cannot stand against the force of love that God/Jesus is.

We don't deserve to have Jesus die in our place.   But because of God's mercy, He will die in our place even though we don't deserve it… because that is what mercy is.   And as much as we might be able to love Jesus… He loves us even more… and true to His nature… as a personification of love, He will voluntarily decide to die for us… and THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN SAY OR DO TO STOP HIM.  

You can't stop love in action.

Well anyway… i apologize for being a bit lengthy.  But I found your original question intriguing, and I wanted to put my two cents in.

It might be something worth considering… or it might not.   I will let you decide.

Respecfully
    Francis

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 197 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account