And God called their name adam

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

To all,

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

One may be called Adam, an adam…and another called, um…Boris, another adam but both would rule because they are both adam, not because they are both Adam, which they aren't.

They both rule over the cattle, etc. because of their common nature, not because of their name…get it??

And Mike…I like you too, smirk :)

Blessings,
    Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 14 2011,23:12)
    To all,

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

One may be called Adam, an adam…and another called, um…Boris, another adam but both would rule because they are both adam, not because they are both Adam, which they aren't.

They both rule over the cattle, etc. because of their common nature, not because of their name…get it??

Blessings,
    Kathi

kathi

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Pierre

shimmer
    Participant

smirk – my gosh?

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 13 2011,21:27)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 13 2011,10:39)

Bump for t8 and Mike who ignored this post and the points Jack and I made.

What points? :)  I laughed Jack's post off as just Jack being Jack.

Mike

Yes we notice you do a lot of laughing away truth when you can’t refute it.  :p  

Since when did the Hebrew language capitalize the “A” in “Adam”?  

Why don’t you explain that to t8 since he thinks that Adam is greater than adam. Just because he has created a model for his doctrine and capitalized adam in an effort to prove that somehow Adam is less in nature than adam and that Jesus is somehow less in nature than the Father doesn’t make it true.. He like you are teaching that the nature of a thing doesn’t matter and that Jesus is not a “True” Son of the Father unlike everyone else. Identity to him is greater than nature even though he doesn’t seem to understand that you cannot separate the two because you cannot identify anything without knowing the nature of the thing. This is elementary stuff that you guys have flushed down the toilet. And since you have not identified Jesus as being the name above all names and that he is the Almighty God sitting in the throne of God ruling as God over the Universe and that he has all things in his hands including all judgment and that by him all things consist, then I believe you serve a lesser Jesus than is taught in the scriptures meaning you serve a false Jesus or a false theos\god.,

If you two are not…………….let’s say, “adept” enough to know that Moses meant “Mankind – the Species” in Gen 5:2, then you are behind these other translators of scripture:

NET © He created them male and female; when they were created, he blessed them and named them “humankind.”

Ok Mike thanks for admitting that Moses understood that the plurality of men and women means the singular “Species” called mankind.

So now tell us Mike, what species does the “Only Begotten Son of God” belong too?

Is he of the “Angelic” species? Is he of the “Cherubim” species? Is he of the “demonic” or “satanic” species? Since you don’t believe that Jesus is of the “Mankind” species, what species is Jesus of?

I already know that you believe like the JW’s that Jesus is of the “Angelic” species but how can he be the “Only begotten Son of God” if that was so? The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are in a class of their own!

You'll notice that none of these scholars think that both Adam and Eve were called by Adam's PERSONAL name – as if the two of them were the same BEING.  But from the PERSON of the one man Adam, a SPECIES called “mankind” sprang.

The scriptures say the man and the women were both called “Adam”, meaning that they were one flesh or one mankind. Just as the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are “One God”, and “one Spirit” for they are One.

Mike and t8 do you care to address my point that you guys believe Jesus is half theos\god and half man?

I believe Jesus was 100% powerful spirit being (many of which were called “god”), who was made flesh for a time, but is now back in heaven at the right hand of his own God – again as 100% powerful spirit being.

There you go again making Jesus like all the others. Puke! The nature of the Father God is not just Spirit Mike. It is disingenuous of you to make Jesus who is the “Only Begotten Son of God” like the others. Jesus nature is identical to the Fathers unlike the Angels or other so-called gods.

Jesus lives in the hearts and lives of every true believer. That is called 'Omnipresence” which is an attribute of the nature of God that no other being shares.

Jesus knows all things for all things are in his hands and all wisdom, knowledge is in him. That is called “Omniscience” which is an attribute of the nature of God that no other being shares.

All authority and power are in Jesus hands including all judgment. That is called “Omnipotence” which is an attribute of the nature of God that no other being shares.

Jesus is called the “Eternal life” that was with the Father in the beginning. “Eternal life” is an attribute of God that can only be given by God the Father and Jesus and the Holy Spirit who are the only ones that can give it.

Those are just a few of the many things that the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are to all of creation. Jesus is the source of everything to the creation. Only God can be the source of all things to the creation. You have what is called selective theology which doesn’t see the whole picture. You can’t see the forest for the trees. :p

WJ

Is Jesus fully “theos\god” and fully man?

Jesus is not any percent “man” anymore.

Prove it scripturally! That is another heresy the JW’s teach. If Jesus is not still a man then how can he still be the Mediator and High Priest of salvation to all men? You are calling Paul a liar when he said…

For he has set a day when ”he will judge the world with justice by ”THE MAN” he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead.” Acts 17:31

Paul is clearly prophesying that Jesus “the man” will judge the world with justice, not to mention 1 Tim 2:5 where Paul in the present tense calls Jesus “the man” some 20 to 30 years after Jesus ascended. Paul also calls Jesus the “Second Adam” but according to you he is no longer the “Second Adam”.  :p

But yes, he is a god, according to the word usage in Biblical times.  But don't confuse him with his OWN God, the “God Most High”. :)

Well then don’t confuse him as “a god” like the others because you have already admitted he is “your god” and “the god of all who are in heaven and the believers in earth now”. Remember…

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 05 2011,18:35)
    Jesus is the god (changed to a god), or “powerful ruler” of all in heaven right now, and of the believer's on earth.

According to your theology even the “Angels” who you say are theos\gods have more than one theos\god also. You shouldn’t accuse the Angels of Polytheism Mike.

And…

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 08 2011,14:05)
    Jesus is one who has been called by the title “god”, so he is also “A god”.  He has not specifically been called “THE god” of anything in particular, but knowing that “god” only means “ruler”, I can honestly say that he is “my god”.

So you should be saying Jesus is “my god” and not just “a god” like the others are to you.

• Is Jesus your god to you like the other gods Mike?
  • Are the other gods, god to you like Jesus is?

In what way is Jesus not “fully theos\god”?

In no way whatsoever.  He is as “fully theos” as the angel Manoah saw was “fully theos” and as Satan is “fully theos”.  Again, don't confuse “god” with “The God OF gods” or “God ALMIGHTY”.  :)

But you are confusing Jesus being “a god” to you like the other gods, aren’t you? Is Jesus of the species of Angels Mike? Is Jesus fully “Theos\God” like the Father or is he fully “theos\god” like the Angels. If you say like the Angels then how do you reconcile that with Jesus being the “Only Begotten Son of God”?

Keith, do I need to remind you of the post where you acknowledged that just because Jesus is called “god” doesn't mean he is God?

Yes I saw how you misrepresented my words but please bring them up in their context and then see if you can refute them.

This is simply word play that I've answered time and time again for you.

The word games are with you. For you say things like “I believe in and serve only one true theos\god” but then you say you believe in and serve more than one theos\god and that Just doesn’t cut it scripturally Mike.

Word games is watching you and t8 dancing around the scriptures that say there is no theos\god but one. Your theology has put you against the words of YHWH that says you are to have no other gods before him.

Thou shalt have “no other gods” (elohiym) before me. Exod 20:3

And…

“But I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt. “You shall acknowledge no God ('elohiym) but me, no Savior except me”. Hosea 13:4

And…

…and that “there is none other God (theos) but one”. 1 Cor 8:4

Yet you guys claim you serve “a god” called Jesus who stands before you and the Father and it is that “god” that you must go through to get to God the Father.

WJ

Quote (Lightenup @ July 14 2011,00:12)

Hi Kathi

Exactly, and since Jesus is “King of Kings and Lord of Lords”  and that he has a name that is above every name and is sitting in the throne of God ruling as God with all authority and power, and that all things are in his hands and by him all things consist, then that should be enough for one to see that Jesus is God like the Father is God. :)

Blessings!

Keith

Lightenup
Participant

Hi Mike,

Your last post is exactly the reason I halted all of our debates and discussions. Keith, your arguments are much like if I said, “I like Kathi”, and you are a little kid that keeps taunting me saying, “You said you LIKE her! You said you LIKE her! Mike and Kathi, sitting in a tree…………….”

Looks like your comment and my return comment has been taken as 'inappropriate' by one without discernment and understanding.

For the record, Mikeboll, you are just a friend and I only like you as a friend even though sometimes I want to steal your bandana :)

Now Mike, I know you know this and our PM's can prove this out. I write this just because I have heard from someone that you might think otherwise, ha. Sorry if I was 'leading you on' in anyway throughout our aquaintance. Good grief!

Your 'friend,'
Kathi

Lightenup
Participant

True Keith and even as the creator He was Lord of lords!

Thanks,
Kathi

KangarooJack
Participant

Keith daid to Mike:

This is elementary stuff that you guys have flushed down the toilet.

Keith,

Exactly! Mike and t8 appear the fools because they MUST deny the elementary things. They MUST flush the basic truths about identity and nature down the tiolet just as you have said.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums….MG]

KangarooJack
Participant

Mike said to WJ:

What points? I laughed Jack's post off as just Jack being Jack.

WJ replied to Mike:

Yes we notice you do a lot of laughing away truth when you can’t refute it.

Keith,

This is Mike's way of not having to admit that he is stumped by Genesis 5:1-2. It exlpicitly says that God named them both “the Adam.” TH NKJV says, “God called them 'Humankind.' “

Mike and t8 admit that the woman was adam qualitatively but she cannot truly and properly possess “Adam” as her name.

If they admit to this, then they must consider that Christ may be more than God qualitatively and that it is His proper name.

Jack

KangarooJack
Participant

Marty asked:

Hi Jack:

And so, is God our Father or our husband?

Marty,

Moses said that God called the man and the woman “the Adam.” Was the Adam as husband or a wife?  

Jack

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ July 14 2011,14:00)
Mike said to WJ:

What points?   I laughed Jack's post off as just Jack being Jack.

WJ replied to Mike:

Keith,

This is Mike's way of not having to admit that he is stumped by Genesis 5:1-2. It exlpicitly says that God named them both “the Adam.” TH NKJV says, “God called them 'Humankind.' “

Mike and t8 admit that the woman was adam qualitatively but she cannot truly and properly possess “Adam” as her name.

If they admit to this, then they must consider that Christ may be more than God qualitatively and that it is His proper name.

Jack

Jack

True! :)

WJ

Quote (Lightenup @ July 14 2011,12:14)
True Keith and even as the creator He was Lord of lords!

Thanks,
Kathi

Big amen and high five! :)

WJ

KangarooJack
Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 15 2011,06:13)

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ July 14 2011,14:00)
Mike said to WJ:

What points?   I laughed Jack's post off as just Jack being Jack.

WJ replied to Mike:

Keith,

Jack

Jack

True! :)

WJ

Keith,

I think it interesting that NKJV ranslators render “the Adam” (identity) as “humankind” (nature). For the primary meaning of the word “identity” is “nature.”

But sameness of nature is the PRIMARY sense of the concept of identity.

Identity 1. sameness of essential nature (Webster's)

The first definition is the PRIMARY sense.

“So God created THE ADAM in His own image; in the image of God He created HIM; male and female He created THEM.”

“This is the book of the genealogy of THE ADAM. In the day that God created man, He made HIM in the likeness of God. 2 He created THEM male and female, and blessed THEM and named them THE ADAM in the day THEY were created.”

You cannot separate identity from nature. You can create individuality within that identity of nature. “The Adam” was “Him” and “Them.”

Weep Mikey weep!

Jack

Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ July 15 2011,06:04)
Marty asked:

Hi Jack:

And so, is God our Father or our husband?

Marty,

Moses said that God called the man and the woman “the Adam.” Was the Adam as husband or a wife?  

Jack

Hi Jack:

What has that to do with the question I asked you.  Is God our Father or our husband?  You implied that He was our husband by using a scripture from the OT.

And so, is he our husband or our Father?

This is what the scripture states relative to mankind:

Gen 1:27   So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.  

Gen 2:21   And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;  

Gen 2:22   And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.  

Gen 2:23   And Adam said, This [is] now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.  

Gen 2:24   Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.  

Gen 2:25   And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.  

Love in Christ,
Marty

KangarooJack
Participant

Marty asked:

What has that to do with the question I asked you.  Is God our Father or our husband?

Marty,

If you cannot understand earthly things, then how will you understand heavenly things? Your question was loaded because you assume that the God is one person.

God created “the Adam” male and female, that is, the husband and the wife? If tGod created the Adam two persons, then one person was the husband and the other was the wife.

Put it together Marty. If the God is one person, then He is both the father and the husband. If the God is two persons, then one person is the father and the other is the husband.

Logic 101 Marty.

Jack

terraricca
Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 14 2011,23:12)
To all,

Blessings,
Kathi

Kathi

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them

to our likeness = Adam and Eve

so God = Adam

God angelic beings = Eve

Eve being the companion of Adam as the angels org are the companions of God the creator.

Pierre

Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ July 15 2011,08:33)
Marty asked:

What has that to do with the question I asked you.  Is God our Father or our husband?

Marty,

If you cannot understand earthly things, then how will you understand heavenly things? Your question was loaded because you assume that the God is one person.

God created “the Adam” male and female, that is, the husband and the wife? If tGod created the Adam two persons, then one person was the husband and the other was the wife.

Put it together Marty. If the God is one person, then He is both the father and the husband. If the God is two persons, then one person is the father and the other is the husband.

Logic 101 Marty.

Jack

Hi Jack:

Your logic 101 course is flawed:

The following scriptures state that God is “One Person”.

1Ti 2:5 For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

And according to my Lord, Jesus instructions, God is not my husband, but He is my Father, and he states:

Jhn 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and [to] my God, and your God.

Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Jhn 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Jhn 4:24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

Jesus is the husband as head of the church and the church are members of his body as his bride, and they are “one in the Spirit” through the Word of God.

Rev 21:9 ¶ And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Love in Christ,
Marty

terraricca
Participant

Kathi

i forgot one; Christ = 144k are his compagnions

Pierre

mikeboll64
Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ July 13 2011,23:12)

Good! Now, what exactly is the “nature” of God Almighty? He is a Spirit Being, right? So Jesus, His Son, is a DIFFERENT spirit being that shares a nature with his Father.

Just as Seth was a DIFFERENT human being that shared a nature with his father, Adam.

This is not rocket science guys. There is no human being who has ever been the SAME BEING as his own father. Nor has there been any spirit being who has ever been the SAME BEING as his own Father.

We have but ONE God Almighty. Jesus is someone OTHER THAN Him, because he is the Son OF that One. That One is Jesus' own God.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account