2 Commandments, in Which Way do YOU Love Jesus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You asked about the fruitfulness of my church and so I will just mention some of the things that come to my mind.

Two former Muslim women accepted Jesus as their Lord recently and were baptized just a couple of weeks ago at my church. One of them that I know of has been receiving one hate text after another on her phone from the Muslim community. Her family has disowned her, yet she has responded in nothing but the love of God and courage and determination towards them. She wants to be a missionary now, to the Muslims. Several Muslims and foreigners are being loved on and their needs cared for from my local church as well as all over the world. My pastor is leaving this week with his family to help a missionary family who was sent from our church. They live in Southeast Asia. We have an orphan ministry, a widow ministry, a children’s ministry, a youth ministry, a college ministry, a music ministry, a refugee ministry, an Arabic speaking outreach, a Spanish speaking outreach, a Cambodian speaking outreach, and of course our English services. Baptisms are as needed, communion is frequent.

Personally, I am involved as a volunteer teacher in the ESL ministry. Tonight in my ESL class, I helped a young man from Mexico, a woman and her daughter from Vietnam, another woman and her young daughter from Guatemala, also a man and a woman from Sudan all who attended my class. I speak English to them, they are there to learn English, but more so, I speak the language of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control. There are plenty of opportunities to speak that language of the fruit of the spirit. My gift is teaching, not speaking in tongues yet I am teaching them to speak in a tongue that is foreign to them.

One of my friends who was leading the prison ministry locally has felt led to start a church in Arizona and several people are planning on going with him and his family. I was talking to another lady today about praying for the deliverance of her schizophrenic client and the spiritual warfare she fights against on her social worker job. There is a lot of ministry going on all the time, as well as disciple-ing. I spent a year recently in a discipleship group and learned about 100 passages and read through the Bible in a year while getting together with five other women weekly. Discipleship groups are commonplace. For the past two years I have been mentoring a Korean pastor’s wife, helping her with her English and teaching her about the Bible. I feel very blessed for these opportunities that God has given me and no, I don’t get paid for it. I’m not boasting in myself but in what God is doing through me and my local church, since you asked.

If you want a link to look at my church, listen to podcasts, etc. I will provide that for you if you are truly interested.

I hope that helps. LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

ACCEPTED JESUS AS THEIR SAVIOUR.

I have heard of this idea but never found it written about in the book of Acts.

And folks get falsely baptised in the name of trinities etc so were they baptised in the name of Jesus Christ?

As Acts 19 shows it does matter.

Lightenup
    Participant

Actually Nick,

This is what I said: “…accepted Jesus as their Lord.”

Of course they were baptized in Jesus.

And they believe Jesus is their Savior, as the apostles declare.

2 Peter 3:17Therefore, beloved, since you already know these things, be on your guard not to be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure standing. 18But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Read that again…our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Ed J
    Participant

Why would I look for a group of similar believers?

If you are reborn in to the Body of Christ you are in the church.

Hi Nick,

It is so refreshing to see you posting here again!

Ed J
    Participant

Hi LU,

I have taken up my role in the Body.

Is it not enough for you?

Hi Nick,

Amen Brother,
    The kingdom of God is only for those with eyes to see!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

In whose name were they baptised?

Ed J
    Participant

Kathi, I cannot quantify my love for God versus my love for Jesus. One is my Father who gave my life to me, and the other is my brother who laid down his own life for mine.

But where do you place God’s other faithful servants like Michael and Gabriel in your two-choice scenario? Are they God, or neighbor? Where do you place your own children as compared to a person who molests and then sacrifices an innocent child to his god Satan? They are both your neighbors, right?

Hi MikeBoll64,

Always good with the reasoning, but you are seldom heard my friend. (Luke 10:25-37)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

LU….HERE is one for you Ok, and others to, A, was Jesus, “his” sacrifice for the sin of the world, or B, was he, GOD’S sacriice for the sins of the world?

Please answer.

Peace and love to you and yours. …..gene

Lightenup
    Participant

Gene

How about you answer the OP, in a clear, bold, direct way as you have been asked more than once to do.

After that you may ask that question again. The answer may surprise you.

LU

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

LU….Jesus is my brother i love him as a brother, “not” as a God how clear can i get. Love is love, does it matter or make a difference? Is love a respector of persons? All life boils down to two categories , love and hate, love the good hate the evil. Therefore tell us whats your opinion of what love is?

Fact is you haven’t even given the meaning of the word love, do you even know it? Tell us what love is to you, in a short but clear answer. What do you think THE love you are speaking of is LU,? Why ask a question if you don’t even know what the word means?

You may answer my question any way you can., i realze you really would like to evade the answer and ieven know why i believe.

Lightenup
    Participant

Gene,

you said:

Fact is you haven’t even given the meaning of the word love, do you even know it?

Does that statement that you wrote sound a bit arrogant to you Gene.? Go look at the OP, Gene and then you might want to rephrase that. Read it slowly, the whole first post. Does it say what love is NOT notice the word “arrogant”, Gene, does it say that love is NOT ARROGANT? What does it tell you about what love is AND IS NOT? It is this really great passage in the Bible, perhaps you have not read it ever. It is worthy of your time.

Does Jesus expect to be loved equally to your brothers, Gene? I think you are seriously mistaken!! Would you believe me if I told you that Jesus wants you to love Him MORE than your brothers?

As far as your question, Jesus didn’t need to present a sacrifice to be right before God His Father. He was without sin. Both the Father and the Son sacrificed in their own way to send:

the Shepherd (the Son) of the lost sheep

to become as a sheep (the Lamb)

in order to save the lost sheep.

The Shepherd became a sheep.

The lamb is actually your Shepherd.

Your brother is actually your LORD.

How cool is that, Gene!!!!

You are to love the Shepherd MORE than the sheep, Gene. If everybody was to be loved equally, there would only be ONE commandment.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

Why do you call me LORD, LORD, and not do what I say?

Pronouncing love for the one who needs to be obeyed seems to put the cart before the horse.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

Whatever you did for these brothers of mine you did for me.

Making pronouncements is not fruit.

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,

Do you live by those words here on HN? Would you answer Jesus the same way you talk to members here?

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,

Jesus has no need for our obedience without love. He desires our love, a love that is expressed in part by our obedience. Obedience doesn’t come before love for Him, Love comes first then out of love comes obedience if one is wise that is.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi LU,

Whatever you did for these brothers of mine you did for me.

Making pronouncements is not fruit.

Hi Nick, keep up the good work brother!

“by their fruits ye shall know them” (Matt 7:20)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

You say Jesus desires our love?

Any scriptures or is this just your idea?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

Love one another as I have loved you.

He loved unto death.

But we are his useless servants unless we, at least, obey his commands.

He needs to be able to rely on his body to work for him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

LU….Again you avoided the question i ask you, who’s sacrifice was Jesus his or Gods, you said i guess, you believe both I think, “WRONG”, while JESUS PUT HIS WILL TO DEATH, in obedience to GOD the Father, through the spirit of God that was “in” him, he himself was “NOT” the sacrificer, that saved the world, why? Because it was God the Father that gave the death sentence to all souls that sin, IN THE FIRST PLACE, not Jesus, and it was God the Fathers sacrifice of his Lamb, for the forgiveness and removal of that penalty for sin, on all.

But my question is, “what” did GOD THE FATHER DO, BY OFFERING THE SACRIFICE OF HIS SINLESS LAMB “FOR” THOSE SINNERS?

WHAT were those Israelites doing when they offered up their sacrifices for their sins? Where they not taking RESPONSIBLITY FOR SINS, AND PAYING A PRICE FOR THEM?, AND WAS NOT GOD THE FATHER TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR “ALL” SIN, BY OFFERING UP HIS LAMB, JESUS, AND PAYING A PRICE FOR THEM, FOR THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD.

Could God the Father have not prevented sin in the first place, buy perfecting man right off , like he did Jesus in the first place? Sin as a result of evil doing was a teaching tool, God used to teach us the difference between good and evil from the start, so he does take responsibility for it all, and therefore, just as he required those Israelites to pay a price for their sins, he also out of love for us, paid the price for “our” sin, by offering up HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON AS “HIS” LAMB, “SACRIFICE” FOR “all” SIN.

NOW THEREFORE ALL WHO EXCEPT THE FATHERS PAYMENT FOR THEIR SINS CAN HAVE ETERNAL LIFE. WHY?, Because it was God the Father himself that made the payment, that took away the ETERNAL DEATH PENALTY for our sins and not ours only but the sins of the entire world, as John said. Now there is hope for “all” humanity. Because God so loved the world that “HE” gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes on him (GOD) “SHOULD” not parish, but have EVERLASTING life. John 3:16

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

LU….By the way, Nick didn’t ask about ministries, he ask about “MIRACLES”. There is a difference right?

As far as love goes, AND YOU TRYING TO MAKE A DEFERENCE about the FIRST and Second, Jesus said unpon these “TWO” hing “ALL” THE LAW A COMMANDMENTS.

So which hing on a door is more important the upper or the lower, are they not “BOTH” EQUALLY IMPORTANT?

So now, because i disagree with you i am arrogant? Is that the way you view people who disagree with you. Jesus told us to have Salt in yourselves “and” have peace.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account