1 John 5.20 – Christ is not the true God?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,201 through 1,220 (of 1,982 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    Jesus promised that we could do greater things that he did.

Jn 14.12
    How come?

jammin
    Participant

study the context boy LOL

jammin
    Participant

John 14:11-12

Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE)

11I tell you that I am in my Father and my Father is in me. But you do not believe me. So then let the work that I do prove it to you.

12`I tell you the truth. The person who believes in me will do the big work that I do. And he will do even bigger work because I go to my Father.

People's New Testament

14:12 Greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. Those who believe shall have power given to do works, in some respects greater; not greater miracles, but to effect greater moral and spiritual revolutions. At the time of his death, as far as we know, he had only about five hundred disciples (1Co 15:6), but he went to his Father and shed forth the things seen and heard on Pentecost (Ac 2:33), and the eleven apostles converted three thousand in a single day (Ac 2:41).

study hard boy LOL :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi jammin,
    So how do your odd versions help explain that we can do greater things since we have only human nature according to you?

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 02 2012,09:25)
    Nick,

Can something that WAS God become “not God”?

Can something that WAS God become “not God”?

Mike,

When will you learn that all is possible for God!!

Jesus on EARTH WAS GOD IN FLESH,and  the cross became SATAN HIMSELF ON HIS DEATH.then he resurrected as GODMAN GLORIFIED FOR ETERNITY.

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,
    godman?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Yeah Nick. He is one of the superheroes in that new Avengers movie.

…………no wait…………….that's Ironman! My bad.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 01 2012,16:40)
    Hi MB,
    Which tools should we use to find an answer?

Spirit guided, God-given human wisdom and logic and the written word of God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 01 2012,16:43)
    Hi MB,
    You are soul.
    You do not have a soul.

Man is made in the image of God.

I am a living being that CONSISTS of a spirit, a flesh body, AND a soul.

The word “soul” is often used to describe the ENTIRE human being, but it is made clear by Jesus and Paul that our souls are separate from our spirit and our bodies.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 03 2012,10:33)

Hi MB,

Hi MB,
    So the bible is last in importance?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ May 01 2012,23:46)
    mike do you believe as a GOD by nature you are all powerful? you are all knowing? these are some of the nature of GOD. if you are GOD by nature, you possess all of these.

No to both.  Nor is “existing from eternity” a “divine nature” – or else those who partake in divine nature will somehow lose their origins.

How can someone who once DID have a beginning all of a sudden NOT have a beginning?

There are many gods in scripture, but only One of them is the All-knowing, All-powerful Creator of all things.

Jesus, on the other hand, is but one of the many things that One created.  Surely you remember the scriptures I quoted for you in the other thread that prove that to be the case, right?  :)

Plus, scripture teaches us that Jesus did NOT know all the things his God knew.  Nor was he as powerful as his God.  So those must be things that are not included in “the nature of God”……………….which leaves us with what I said:  They are both spirit beings.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 02 2012,17:36)

Hi MB,

Hi MB,

Let me rephrase it:

Spirit guided, God-given human wisdom and logic APPLIED TO the written word of God.

Is that better? Or will you still find something to nit-pick?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 02 2012,22:51)
    Hi T,
    The Lord God's.

Nick

I do not think so ,it is the man that hates his soul,

God is not tempted with evil ,it does not reach him ,but it is not what he ad plan men would do wickedness,

now if a men does evil he does wrong to himself and other men around him but he can not touch God ,

this is why we need love to each other ,

and this is why Christ said ;
    MT 16:26 “For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

MT 22:37 And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’

MT 10:28 “Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

those verses also stated that we have a soul and therefore are not one .but HAVE ONE

we also can see that men can forfeit their own SOUL by doing evil

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 03 2012,10:39)

Quote (jammin @ May 01 2012,23:46)
    mike do you believe as a GOD by nature you are all powerful? you are all knowing? these are some of the nature of GOD. if you are GOD by nature, you possess all of these.

No to both.  Nor is “existing from eternity” a “divine nature” – or else those who partake in divine nature will somehow lose their origins.

How can someone who once DID have a beginning all of a sudden NOT have a beginning?

There are many gods in scripture, but only One of them is the All-knowing, All-powerful Creator of all things.

Jesus, on the other hand, is but one of the many things that One created.  Surely you remember the scriptures I quoted for you in the other thread that prove that to be the case, right?  :)

Plus, scripture teaches us that Jesus did NOT know all the things his God knew.  Nor was he as powerful as his God.  So those must be things that are not included in “the nature of God”……………….which leaves us with what I said:  They are both spirit beings.

then you are contradicting your own belief mike.
    you believe that the father and the son have the same nature but you deny the other attributes of God.

you as man by nature are not all powerful, not all knowing, not eternal etc.

but God as nature possess all these attributes. that is the real GOD mike.

your christ is not truly GOD. that is not the teaching of the bible. the apostles believe that the son is GOd by nature.

study hard mike LOL

jammin
    Participant

mike remember that Christ became flesh. that is written in the book of 1 tim 3.16

as a man, he did not know the time of his coming. but as GOD he knows all things. peter said that to jesus.

i believe what the bible says mike.

nature means INHERENT QUALITIES MIKE lol :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

jammin,

It seems that you want to include all kinds of things into the word “nature”.

I have the nature of my father, but why would that mean I am as smart as him?  Or as strong?  Or as good at crossword puzzles?  Or that I lived as long as he has?  Etc.

Jesus also has the spirit nature of his Father, but having that spirit nature doesn't mean Jesus knows all that the Father knows.  Or that Jesus is as mighty as the Almighty.  Or that Jesus has existed as long as his God has existed.

Get my drift?

jammin
    Participant

you might be smart than your father you as a man by nature do not know all things. do you know all things mike??
    are you all powerful?? LOL

are you eternal mike? LOL

you are a MAN mike and not GOD. LOL

christ knows all. peter said that
    Christ is Almighty rev 1.7-8

read well mike LOL

that is the nature of GOD

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 03 2012,10:44)

Hi MB,

Hi MB,

Let me rephrase it:

Spirit guided, God-given human wisdom and logic APPLIED TO the written word of God.

Is that better?  Or will you still find something to nit-pick?

Hi MB,
    Best to be taught by the Spirit.
    Put away man's puny tools.

Not by might nor by power but by the Spirit

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 03 2012,20:11)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 03 2012,10:44)

Hi MB,

Hi MB,

Let me rephrase it:

Is that better?  Or will you still find something to nit-pick?

Hi MB,
    Best to be taught by the Spirit.
    Put away man's puny tools.

Not by might nor by power but by the Spirit

N

you only can have what you receive from above ,right ???

what ever that may be

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Yes anything we have that is useful to God comes from Him.
    We are the vessels and the tools.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,201 through 1,220 (of 1,982 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account