1 John 5.20 – Christ is not the true God?

Viewing 20 posts - 901 through 920 (of 1,982 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 19 2012,14:41)
    the term God refers to their nature.
    their nature is God.
    they are both God.

your nature is only one nick. your nature is MAN.

Hi Jammin,

The term “GOD” refers to the Creator and ruler of the universe.
    You have already admitted the having God's nature
    does not make one to become God.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

carmel
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 19 2012,16:44)

their nature is God.
    they are both God.

Hi Jammin,

God bless

Edj,

What about this from John 3:31

John 3:31   He that cometh from above, is above all. He that is of the earth, of the earth he is, and of the earth he speaketh. He that cometh from heaven, is above all. 32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth: and no man receiveth his testimony. 33 He that hath received his testimony, hath set to his seal that God is true. 34 For he whom God hath sent, speaketh the words of God: for God doth not give the Spirit by measure. 35 The Father loveth the Son: and he hath given all things into his hand. 36 He that believeth in the Son, hath life everlasting; but he that believeth not the Son, shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

He said:He that cometh from ABOVE, is ABOVE ALL.

Who lives above, AND ABOVE ALL?? ONLY THE REAL GOD

WHO CAME FROM ABOVE, WHO LIVES ABOVE ALL, ONLY THE REAL GOD.

THEREFORE JESUS IS GOD IN FLESH AND ALSO  IN HIS SPIRIT WITHIN JESUS' SOUL.

THEN HE CONFIRMS:

For he whom God hath sent,

OBVIOUS IN FLESH AND SPIRIT TO:

And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth:

OBVIOUS AGAIN SINCE HE WAS ETERNALY ONE WITH THE FATHER AS A SPIRIT.

HE CONCLUDES:He that believeth in the Son, hath life everlasting; but he that believeth not the Son, shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Now reflect:

but he that believeth not the Son, THAT HE IS FROM ABOVE AND ABOVE ALL,THEREFORE GOD,shall not see life; but the wrath of God(SATAN'S SPIRIT) abideth on him.

Edj,

I did posted a couple in the thread Isaiah 14:9:20

peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ April 19 2012,17:38)
    Edj,

I did posted a couple in the thread Isaiah 14:9:20

peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Hi Charles,

Yes, I seen them; thanks for your input!

God bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Charles,
    THEREFORE betrays your dependance on human wisdom.
    Dig deeper.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 19 2012,15:09)
    Hi Jammin,
    You want to share the peace?
    The Spirit will give you life and peace

read the context boy
    2 cor 5.18-19

LOL

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 19 2012,16:44)

their nature is God.
    they are both God.

Hi Jammin,

God bless

if that refers to human by nature.

but Christ came from heaven. he is God by nature.
    before he became flesh, he was GOD.
    Philippians 2:6

New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Though he was God,
    he did not think of equality with God
    as something to cling to.

i believe what paul said.

study hard boy

jammin
    Participant

Christ made the heavens and the earth
    Hebrews 1:10

10 He also says to the Son,

“In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundation of the earth
    and made the heavens with your hands.

sorry edj but your doctrine is not in the bible.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    Are you happy with your current level of understanding?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 19 2012,19:03)

Hi Jammin, do you feel content believing in corrupted text that contradict Scripture?

“I the LORD that maketh all things;
    that stretcheth forth the heavens ALONE; that spreadeth abroad the earth BY MYSELF;
    That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth
    wise men backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish;” (Isaiah 44:24-25)

Isaiah 37:16 O “LORD of Hosts”, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims,
    thou art the God, even THOU ALONE, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth.

God bless

jammin
    Participant

that lord of Host is Christ. he is the commander of heaven's armies. he is the ruler of heaven's armies

Daniel 8:11

Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
    11 That little horn became very strong, and it turned against God, the Ruler of heaven’s army. It stopped the daily sacrifices that were offered to the Ruler. And the holy place where people worshiped the Ruler was pulled down.

rev 19.14
    Revelation 19:14-15

Good News Translation (GNT)
    14 The armies of heaven followed him, riding on white horses and dressed in clean white linen.15 Out of his mouth came a sharp sword, with which he will defeat the nations. He will rule over them with a rod of iron, and he will trample out the wine in the wine press of the furious anger of the Almighty God.

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

14The armies of heaven, wearing pure, white linen, follow him on white horses. 15A sharp sword comes out of his mouth to defeat the nations. He will rule them with an iron scepter and tread the winepress of the fierce anger of God Almighty.

Revelation 19:14-19

14 The armies of heaven, dressed in the finest of pure white linen, followed him on white horses. 15 From his mouth came a sharp sword to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod. He will release the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty, like juice flowing from a winepress. 16 On his robe at his thigh[a] was written this title: King of all kings and Lord of all lords.

17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, shouting to the vultures flying high in the sky: “Come! Gather together for the great banquet God has prepared. 18 Come and eat the flesh of kings, generals, and strong warriors; of horses and their riders; and of all humanity, both free and slave, small and great.”

19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the world and their armies gathered together to fight against the one sitting on the horse and his army.

the book of hebrew clearly says that the son made the heavens and the earth

the God of Israel is Christ himself. Christ is their Rock, the one who followed them in the wilderness.

1 Corinthians 10:1-6

Lessons from Israel’s Idolatry

10 I don’t want you to forget, dear brothers and sisters,[a] about our ancestors in the wilderness long ago. All of them were guided by a cloud that moved ahead of them, and all of them walked through the sea on dry ground. 2 In the cloud and in the sea, all of them were baptized as followers of Moses. 3 All of them ate the same spiritual food, 4 and all of them drank the same spiritual water. For they drank from the spiritual rock that traveled with them, and that rock was Christ. 5 Yet God was not pleased with most of them, and their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.

compare with
    Exodus 17:6

6 I will stand before you on the rock at Mount Sinai.[a] Strike the rock, and water will come gushing out. Then the people will be able to drink.” So Moses struck the rock as he was told, and water gushed out as the elders looked on.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 19 2012,23:22)
    that lord of Host is Christ. he is the commander of heaven's armies. he is the ruler of heaven's armies

11 That little horn became very strong, and it turned against God, the Ruler of heaven’s army. It stopped the daily sacrifices that were offered to the Ruler. And the holy place where people worshiped the Ruler was pulled down.

rev 19.14

14 The armies of heaven followed him, riding on white horses and dressed in clean white linen.15 Out of his mouth came a sharp sword, with which he will defeat the nations. He will rule over them with a rod of iron, and he will trample out the wine in the wine press of the furious anger of the Almighty God.

14The armies of heaven, wearing pure, white linen, follow him on white horses. 15A sharp sword comes out of his mouth to defeat the nations. He will rule them with an iron scepter and tread the winepress of the fierce anger of God Almighty.

14 The armies of heaven, dressed in the finest of pure white linen, followed him on white horses. 15 From his mouth came a sharp sword to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod. He will release the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty, like juice flowing from a winepress. 16 On his robe at his thigh[a] was written this title: King of all kings and Lord of all lords.

17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, shouting to the vultures flying high in the sky: “Come! Gather together for the great banquet God has prepared. 18 Come and eat the flesh of kings, generals, and strong warriors; of horses and their riders; and of all humanity, both free and slave, small and great.”

19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the world and their armies gathered together to fight against the one sitting on the horse and his army.

the God of Israel is Christ himself. Christ is their Rock, the one who followed them in the wilderness.

10 I don’t want you to forget, dear brothers and sisters,[a] about our ancestors in the wilderness long ago. All of them were guided by a cloud that moved ahead of them, and all of them walked through the sea on dry ground. 2 In the cloud and in the sea, all of them were baptized as followers of Moses. 3 All of them ate the same spiritual food, 4 and all of them drank the same spiritual water. For they drank from the spiritual rock that traveled with them, and that rock was Christ. 5 Yet God was not pleased with most of them, and their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.

compare with

6 I will stand before you on the rock at Mount Sinai.[a] Strike the rock, and water will come gushing out. Then the people will be able to drink.” So Moses struck the rock as he was told, and water gushed out as the elders looked on.

Hi Jammin,

I believe you posted this in the wrong thread.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 19 2012,20:01)

Quote (jammin @ April 19 2012,19:03)

Hi Jammin, do you feel content believing in corrupted text that contradict Scripture?

“I the LORD that maketh all things;
    that stretcheth forth the heavens ALONE; that spreadeth abroad the earth BY MYSELF;
    That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth
    wise men backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish;” (Isaiah 44:24-25)

Isaiah 37:16 O “LORD of Hosts”, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims,
    thou art the God, even THOU ALONE, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth.

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Jammin,

Any comment on this post?

God bless

jammin
    Participant

i have already answered those questions. my answer is
    ill repeat

rev 19.14

compare with

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 19 2012,19:48)
    Hi Jammin,
    Are you happy with your current level of understanding?

i am happy bec the bible is very clear.

Christ is truly God!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    Clear to those who cannot yet see?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ April 18 2012,21:27)
    mat 24.36 refers to his HUMAN NATURE AND NOT HIS “NATURE AS GOD”

jammin,

It seems to me that you have a decision to make.  You have to decide for yourself whether Jesus was truly God Almighty manifested in the flesh, and was therefore all-powerful and all-knowing…………..or if Jesus was a kind of “lesser god” while on earth, whose own God in heaven knew more than him and was greater than him.

You must also consider Nick's point about God being IN Jesus.  How can God be IN God?  Also, you must figure out who the God was that was doing the miracles through Jesus (Acts 2:22) if Jesus was truly our one and only God while on earth.

I'll leave you to meditate on these things.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ April 18 2012,23:44)
    Hi Jammin,

Yes, that is ONE person the word “god” can refer to – and many times does.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 19 2012,01:01)
    Hi Charles,
    THEREFORE betrays your dependance on human wisdom.
    Dig deeper.

Nick is the only person I know who refuses to use his God-given human wisdom, yet still pretends to teach others.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ April 19 2012,02:03)

Does God Almighty have a God of His own, jammin? Heb 1:9 speaks of the God OF the other god mentioned. Surely God Most High doesn't have a God of His own, right?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ April 19 2012,06:22)
    For they drank from the spiritual rock that traveled with them, and that rock was Christ.

Jesus may have been the angel of God who went before the Israelites in the wilderness. (Exodus 20:20-23) But that verse could just as easily be referring to Moses, another christ of God.

Either way, at best it lists Jesus as an angel OF God, and not God Himself.

Viewing 20 posts - 901 through 920 (of 1,982 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account