@proclaimer
DesireTruth replied to the topic The good news of Gods kingdom) Matt 24:14) in the forum Scriptural Teachings 1 year, 1 month ago
“how can the Jesus be of the line of David if she had never been with a man?”
Legally, through Joseph, since in Jewish tradition adoption or naming gave full rights to a father’s lineage; and possibly biologically, if Mary herself was also descended from David, as some believe Luke’s genealogy suggests.
Please site your source for…[Read more]
DesireTruth replied to the topic light vs darkness in the forum About Believers Place 1 year, 1 month ago
Concerning the Ezekiel 28 passage, you recognize a different title can be used to address the same person, just not in this case; why, because it doesn’t align with your belief system or I have to be wrong? You haven’t proved me wrong, just that you believe something different; who’s arguing?
I gave you a scriptural examples of bo…[Read more]
DesireTruth replied to the topic light vs darkness in the forum About Believers Place 1 year, 1 month ago
Satan appears rarely in the Old Testament, but the messiah had much to say about him.
Did the Jesus fulfill what was spoken about the Messiah in the Tanakh? If not, can he be called the Messiah; if so, what did he fulfill, please site the passage in the NT and the corresponding passage from the Tanakh?
The Old Testament also says…
DesireTruth replied to the topic The good news of Gods kingdom) Matt 24:14) in the forum Scriptural Teachings 1 year, 1 month ago
Been awhile for those questions; but your responses unfortunately are a prime example of what the church says when it can’t answer a question they aren’t prepared for or don’t have an answer to and that’s to provide vague, none answers. To say the end is a mystery and is revealed thru symbols that only at the “right time” true unders…[Read more]
DesireTruth replied to the topic light vs darkness in the forum About Believers Place 1 year, 2 months ago
Concerning your second reply to the “ruler of this world”; I asked for proof from the Tanakh NOT the NT. I want where G-d said Satan is the ruler of this world a not man, which is who you quoted.
I thought you knew I’ve rejected the NT entirely from the inconsistencies I’ve pointed out; if you didn’t, now you do. Do you have…[Read more]
DesireTruth replied to the topic light vs darkness in the forum About Believers Place 1 year, 2 months ago
Ezekiel 28 first addresses the ‘prince of Tyre’ (Ezekiel 28:1-10) and then shifts to address the ‘king of Tyre’ (Ezekiel 28:11-19).
They are one and the same. Did you find the parallels between both prophecies? Studying is your friend.
The first section about the prince of Tyre is directed at a human ruler who is proud and claims…
DesireTruth replied to the topic light vs darkness in the forum About Believers Place 1 year, 2 months ago
I didn’t ask if Satan was the “god” of this world, I asked who the “ruler” of this world is. This distinction makes a huge difference in understanding. I won’t argue against christians MAKING Satan a “god” by applying and projecting all evil onto him, making him the patsy for every evil inclination and sinful act of mankind, and fo…[Read more]
DesireTruth replied to the topic light vs darkness in the forum About Believers Place 1 year, 2 months ago
What was your point? I was saying Satan isn’t the ruler of this world, G-d is. Who do you say the ruler of this world is? Are you saying the created have power over the creator?
Isa 45:7 “I form light and I create darkness; I make peace and I create evil; I am Yahweh; I do all these things.”
In this passage G-d is the one who is spe…[Read more]
DesireTruth replied to the topic Ezekiel 38 & 39 in the forum Prophecy 1 year, 3 months ago
Is this war spoken of by Ezekiel the same battle spoken of in Revelation 20:7-9?
Berean replied to the topic Was Donald chosen by God? in the forum Prophetic News & Eschatology 1 year, 7 months ago
You. …..I don’t think so as the Bible is predominately talking about the area around the Great Sea, (Mediterranean).
…..
Me
I live nearby and I have a daughter who lives on the shore.
The first beast in Revelation 13 is described as “rise up out of the sea”…
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast come up ou…[Read more]
DesireTruth replied to the topic The good news of Gods kingdom) Matt 24:14) in the forum Scriptural Teachings 1 year, 8 months ago
When we left off you offered three suggestions to “the end of the age” and what you “believe” could be a possibility. From the sounds of it you aren’t sure of what the “end of the age” is.
In the parable of the wheat and tares the Jesus explicitly states the harvest is at the “end of the age” and the weeds are gathered and burn…[Read more]
DesireTruth replied to the topic The good news of Gods kingdom) Matt 24:14) in the forum Scriptural Teachings 1 year, 9 months ago
I don’t see the problem you are talking about.
So you didn’t verify anything…gotcha! Keep smashing that “I Believe Button”!
The tares and the wheat and the dividing of them is a process.
EXCEPT what does Matt 13:39 say…“The harvest is the end of the age.” The “end of the age” isn’t a millennia long period; it punctual, like a…[Read more]
DesireTruth replied to the topic The good news of Gods kingdom) Matt 24:14) in the forum Scriptural Teachings 1 year, 9 months ago
You’re arguing that if Jesus’ return truly eradicates all sin and lawlessness, the notion of a later rebellion (e.g., post-millennial reign) contradicts this promise. You suggest that such an idea implies Jesus’ kingdom is imperfect or that his followers could fall into sin again.
What I’m pointing out are the words of the Jesus and h…[Read more]
Berean replied to the topic Daily Devotions in the forum Inspirational writings & sermons 1 year, 9 months ago
You :Nothing you have ever said about the Vatican has ever convinced me that it is the Beast.
The Beasts are the Empires around the Mediterranean Sea.
The Woman that rides the Beast on the other hand are the false religions of Babylon that have evolved into the false religions of the present era. The Vatican and Pope qualify here…[Read more]
DesireTruth replied to the topic The good news of Gods kingdom) Matt 24:14) in the forum Scriptural Teachings 1 year, 9 months ago
There are tares and wheat. The tares are the children of the evil one and the wheat are the children of God. During the Millenial Reign, the evil one is restrained, so I guess that demonic temptation is not forthcoming, only one’s own flesh.
At the end, the evil one is released to harvest the tares that may not be obvious during the…
DesireTruth replied to the topic The good news of Gods kingdom) Matt 24:14) in the forum Scriptural Teachings 1 year, 10 months ago
Yes once dead one cannot be rejudged for past sin in the resurrection.
So what is the second death for?
DesireTruth replied to the topic The good news of Gods kingdom) Matt 24:14) in the forum Scriptural Teachings 1 year, 10 months ago
The soul that sins will die.
Absolutely, G-d said so; but, what must one do to live? (Ezek 18)
Therefore, death is the price of sin and it is a required payment.
When did G-d say death is the “required payment” for sin?
God is also merciful.
Absolutely!! He tells us HE is AND freely forgives those who come to HIM with a repentant hea…[Read more]
DesireTruth replied to the topic Even demons believe he is the son of God in the forum Scriptural Teachings 1 year, 11 months ago
Proclaimer wrote:
I finally realize the difference between christianity and what is written in the Tanakh concerning sin; christianity believes sin is a condition or an attribute/characteristic of humanity, consider themselves dirty rags, and thus need a “redeemer” to be forgiven; the Tanakh teaches sin is an action and you have a c…
DesireTruth replied to the topic Even demons believe he is the son of God in the forum Scriptural Teachings 1 year, 11 months ago
Proclaimer wrote:
I wasn’t speaking of paying a “fine”; I’m speaking of taking on the guilt of another; assuming the punishment of the guilty. Simply paying a “fine” is a monetary extortion of breaking a law and is used for compliance;
Sin has a cost and so does breaking man’s law. The cost for breaking some laws is a fine. The c…
DesireTruth replied to the topic Even demons believe he is the son of God in the forum Scriptural Teachings 1 year, 11 months ago
Proclaimer wrote:
(DT) Matt 2:15 to Hosea 11:1; do they agree? Explain how if you believe they do.
(Proclaimer) Carnality cannot see the deeper truths of scripture and wisdom. It is superficial. Jonah was in the belly of the big fish for 3 days and so the Son of Man was in the belly of the earth. Both rose from that hell.
What does…[Read more]
- Load More

