Yahshua, Jesus or both

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Eliyah @ Oct. 06 2005,00:12)
    Nick, how was those in ( Acts 14) claiming to worship Yahweh, when they were clearly worshipping their ” Theos Jupiter and thinking they were worshipping the true supreme Creator?

Hi ,
    False gods are entirely different from the false names of gods. If you were right then why did Paul not immediately tell them the name of our creator God? He did not but explained the reality and the nature of our God.That was the imost important ssue to Paul and is the most important issue for us.
    Names are a diversion.

Eliyah
    Participant

Hi ,
    False gods are entirely different from the false names of gods. If you were right then why did Paul not immediately tell them the name of our creator God? He did not but explained the reality and the nature of our God.That was the imost important ssue to Paul and is the most important issue for us.
    Names are a diversion.

Nick,

False names identify the false deities or gods, not the reverse as you seem to think.

Paul did tell them, for Yahweh's Name identifies Him from the false deities or gods, and His Name does explain His nature as you call it.

Oh yea, names are a diversion, and the original names of Yahweh and Yahshua were changed to idol pagan titles for deception to cause people to stumble from receiving true salvation, as both Peter( Acts 2:21; Acts 4:10-12) and Paul ( Rom.10:13-14) plainly state that knowing their true names is the beginning of salvation.

I'm not going to argue with you Nick, I have stated all these scriptures before, and no person on this forum has disproven those scriptures I have given either.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Here is a thread on names.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

What is in a name a rose by any other name would smell as sweet – these are the romantic warblings of an English poet-bard.
    Yet what is God if not worshipped in spirit and truth, in His acceptable and provided way and in the name He has given us to be saved by?
    For there is not another name under heaven whereby men MUST be saved (Acts 4:12)

The OT makes mention on several occasions of God acting for “his name's sake”

PSALMS 23:3
    He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
    also
    PSALMS 31:3
    PSALMS 143:11

ISAIAH 48:9
    For my name's sake will I defer mine anger, and for my praise will I refrain for thee, that I cut thee not off.

ISAIAH 66:5
    Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.
    also
    EZEKIEL 20:9
    EZEKIEL 20:14
    EZEKIEL 20:22

EZEKIEL 20:44
    And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have wrought with you for my name's sake, not according to your wicked ways, nor according to your corrupt doings, O ye house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

This thought of God acting for His name's sake continues in the NT (as one would expect it to)

MATTHEW 10:22
    And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
    also
    MATTHEW 19:29
    MATTHEW 24:9
    MARK 13:13
    LUKE 21:12
    LUKE 21:17

JOHN 15:21
    But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

ACTS 9:16
    For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

REVELATION 2:3
    And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.

It seems to me God holds great stock in the importance of His name

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Name represents a person.
    And God wants His Name treated with more than respect
    Is 57.15
    “Thus says the high and exalted One, whose NAME is Holy..”
    Ps 139.20
    ” For they speak against Thee wickedly, and Thine enemies take Thy NAME in vain..”

NickHassan
    Participant

this is topical

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (malcolm ferris @ June 06 2006,13:24)
    What is in a name a rose by any other name would smell as sweet – these are the romantic warblings of an English poet-bard.
    Yet what is God if not worshipped in spirit and truth, in His acceptable and provided way and in the name He has given us to be saved by?
    For there is not another name under heaven whereby men MUST be saved (Acts 4:12)

The OT makes mention on several occasions of God acting for “his name's sake”

PSALMS 23:3
    He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
    also
    PSALMS 31:3
    PSALMS 143:11

ISAIAH 48:9
    For my name's sake will I defer mine anger, and for my praise will I refrain for thee, that I cut thee not off.

ISAIAH 66:5
    Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.
    also
    EZEKIEL 20:9
    EZEKIEL 20:14
    EZEKIEL 20:22

EZEKIEL 20:44
    And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have wrought with you for my name's sake, not according to your wicked ways, nor according to your corrupt doings, O ye house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

This thought of God acting for His name's sake continues in the NT (as one would expect it to)

MATTHEW 10:22
    And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
    also
    MATTHEW 19:29
    MATTHEW 24:9
    MARK 13:13
    LUKE 21:12
    LUKE 21:17

JOHN 15:21
    But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

ACTS 9:16
    For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

REVELATION 2:3
    And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.

It seems to me God holds great stock in the importance of His name

I agree.

They went and changed YHWH's name to LORD and look at the problems the change has given rise to. I remember how shocked I was when I first found out, and what wonderful difference it's made in my growing knowledge and understanding of God.

I know too that God is concerned about our heart. But where does it say that we can't have both?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    If you go to the wrong address looking for your dad should you be surprised that the one you seek is not there and cannot answer your requests for help? Trying to know our father God through a non biblical trinity understanding cannot produce the close relationship He offers us.

NickHassan
    Participant

for Jeff

I apologize to everyone I may have offended in these forums.

Please don't look at me as an example of what a JW is, I haven't been one in over 10 years.

Anyway, I'm sorry for anyone in these forums that I've upset. I'm going to get my life on track, so I will no longer be joining in on these conversations for quite some time, if ever again.

I don't want my opinions to offend anymore people, so again I apologize to all.

The complete board is back to being your's Nick……………may your efforts of spreading “your” truth bring you all the happiness you can get from it.

And to anyone on this site that bashes the witnesses, please remember this, It's not the witnesses you are bashing, but Jehovah.

And to all you “born again” Christians who love using Jesus name……..please think about this info:

God’s name is Jehovah

“We do not say that “Jehovah” is the correct pronunciation of God's name. For that matter, neither is “Jesus” the correct pronunciation of Christ's name. But according to the Aramaic language which Christ and his apostles spoke, his name was pronounced “Yeshu'a”……. But “Jesus” is only our colloquial way of pronouncing his name, and we do not find fault with you for using it instead of Yeshu'a.

It might be added here what the meaning of the Son of God's name “Jesus” is, whilst he dwelt on earth as a man, as used by all translations. According to Weymouth this name means “Jehovah is Salvation.”(The New Testament in Modern Speech, ftnote 21 under Matthew 1:21.) He is entirely right. So every time anyone uses this name, Jesus, (which is not the original pronunciation of it in the 1st century) he is using and supporting a form of The Divine Name JEHOVAH

“Those who reject the English “Jehovah” and insist on using the Hebrew pronunciation[Yahweh] would do well to ask themselves why they say “Jesus Christ,” when that was not the way his name was pronounced in Hebrew. That is the English way, derived from the Greek language. In Hebrew, Jesus would be closer to “Yehshua” and Christ would be “Mash'edahh.” So, as we say “Jesus Christ” in the English language, we also say “Jehovah,” both being correct when speaking English.”

I again apologize to everyone I may have offended….

My only request was that you quit arguing over stupid stuff, and focus on the more important issues in these last days, but even I can't seem to stop arguing, so I'm bowing out to go do what I know I need to do to get my life back on track.

There's no need to respond to my messages anymore, because I'm now saying good buy to you all…………….

May all of your searches for “truth” bring you to what it is you are searching for.

Peace to all….I'm out!

Unisage
    Participant

Well as far as I know the Name Jesus is not it.It is a Added name along with LORD and lord and Adon and Adoni.

Proof is that they took the real names out and added bogus names in. Now to tell that to some people who they think that the bible is without error. And futher more God even warn those who tampered with his word.

So far when translation Yeshua to English it is not Jesus it is Joshua.Scholars got caught with there pants down sort of speak.Now we have these teachers and Pastors writing and covering up there lies.Those who serach the truth knows this.And we all know that Jesus is not the name given under Heaven.And the Bible was tampered with.I can see how you might spell it different in English as long it PRONOUNCE the SAME in the HEBREW LANGUAGE.Yeshua >>Hebrew to English>> Joshua.My O My what a big different from Jesus..

So this is how it is broken down and you can see the error..

Iseous Greek to English Jesus

Yeshua Hebrew to Joshua English.

It dont take a rocket Scholar to figure what is wrong here.

I will stick with Yeshua/Joshua.

Oh and can be proven from the KJV also..That Joshua is the Correct name.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account