Words for worshipingjesus and thinker

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    squirrel
    Participant

Hi all,
    I believe that Jesus is God made human but I have never had to defend it. I have been watching the discussion and want to tell worshipingJesus and thinker that I think they are doing a good job. I have learned a lot from them watching the past few days. The bible says that the lamb is worthy and this is good enough for me.

thank you
    squirrel

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (squirrel @ June 23 2009,05:19)
    Hi all,
    I believe that Jesus is God made human but I have never had to defend it. I have been watching the discussion and want to tell worshipingJesus and thinker that I think they are doing a good job. I have learned a lot from them watching the past few days. The bible says that the lamb is worthy and this is good enough for me.

thank you
    squirrel

Is God a lamb?

Why do you imagine that God is likened to an animal that perishes?

Exodus 20:3-5 (King James Version)

3Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Ecclesiastes 3:18-20 (King James Version)

18I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.

19For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

20All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Paladin
    Participant

Hi all,

thank you
    squirrel

Jesus is “the lamb OF God,” not “God the lamb.”

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Paladin @ June 23 2009,07:23)

Hi all,

thank you
    squirrel

Amen!

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Paladin @ June 23 2009,07:23)

Hi all,

thank you
    squirrel

Squirrel,
    Welcome to the board! I apologize for the poor manners of those above me. Please note how they misrepresented you. You said that Jesus is the Lamb and that the Lamb is worthy. They twisted what you said as they do the scriptures.

Thanks for the encouraging words. :cool:

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Is it bad manners to speak the truth?
    Jesus is the lamb OF GOD

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi all,

thank you
    squirrel

Hi Sq and welcome,
    If Jesus is God made human is he also the son of that God?
    If God was in Christ [2cor5]was he also the God who was in him?

Is God just a man?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2009,09:22)
    Hi TT,
    Jesus is the lamb OF GOD

Nick,
    I was speaking about Pd's and bd's not welcoming a new member. They tore into him right away. Squirrel said that Jesus is the Lamb. You all need to go back and read what he said,

I believe that Jesus is God made human…the lamb is worthy and this is good enough for me.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Jesus is the Lamb OF GOD.
    God is not a lamb or a man.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Nick said:

Chapter and verse please.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Chapter and verse that God is not a man or a lamb?

No if you would call the awesome and immortal God of Jesus a mortal lamb or mortal man you should show it from scripture.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 23 2009,09:38)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2009,09:22)
    Hi TT,
    Jesus is the lamb OF GOD

Nick,
    I was speaking about Pd's and bd's not welcoming a new member. They tore into him right away. Squirrel said that Jesus is the Lamb. You all need to go back and read what he said,

I believe that Jesus is God made human…the lamb is worthy and this is good enough for me.

thinker

Jude 1:22-24 (King James Version)

22And of some have compassion, making a difference:

23And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Maybe we just love squirrel

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

23And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

But do you love the Lamb? Is He worthy or not?

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    For us Jesus is Lord, not God.[1cor8]

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 23 2009,12:34)
    bodhitharta said:

But do you love the Lamb? Is He worthy or not?

thinker

To Love Jesus with a great love does not make him God by any means in fact him being a Man makes him and his mission much greater than if God simply went slumming as a human to show off His Power.

Why are you ashamed that a Man of flesh and blood loved you and lived for you.

Can anyone of you please explain to me how would God need to entomb himself to forgive you of your sins when he had already been forgiving sins since the beginning of time.

Do you still pray and ask God to forgive you for any sins you do today?

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

To Love Jesus with a great love does not make him God by any means in fact him being a Man makes him and his mission much greater than if God simply went slumming as a human to show off His Power.

I asked you two questions and you did not answer the second. Is Jesus worthy or not?

bodhitharta said:

This is funny. Last month you denied that Jesus loved us.  

bodhitharta said:

Can anyone of you please explain to me how would God need to entomb himself to forgive you of your sins when he had already been forgiving sins since the beginning of time.

This needs to be explained only to Gnostics.

bodhitharta said:

And the point of your question is…?

thinker

Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 23 2009,10:02)
    Nick said:

thinker

Hi thethinker:

Num 23:19 God [is] not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do [it]? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 23 2009,13:18)

Nick said:

thinker

Hi thethinker:

Num 23:19 God [is] not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do [it]? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,
    Since Jesus never lied or repented of anything you have no argument.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever

Jesus Christ changes not which is an attribute of God.

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 23 2009,13:08)
    bodhitharta said:

I asked you two questions and you did not answer the second. Is Jesus worthy or not?

bodhitharta said:

This is funny. Last month you denied that Jesus loved us.  

bodhitharta said:

This needs to be explained only to Gnostics.

bodhitharta said:

And the point of your question is…?

thinker

I really want to know, do you or do you not pray?

Do you ask for forgiveness for anything ever?

Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 23 2009,13:24)

Quote (942767 @ June 23 2009,13:18)

Nick said:

thinker

Hi thethinker:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,
    Since Jesus never lied or repented of anything you have no argument.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever

Jesus Christ changes not which is an attribute of God.

thinker

Hi thethinker:

Jesus called himself the son of man, and although he did not sin, he could have sinned.

Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

And this is what God our Father has revealed to the church:

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
    Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
    Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed [it] unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account