Witnessing for jesus on halloween!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi All

For those who have been following along the Halloween threads and are interested in reaching out to the lost that may come to your door, here is a website where you can purchase some tracts if you would like!  Click here!

If anyone else has any ideas for doing so like Jacks suggestion to carve John 3:16 in a pumpkin, please share them!

Please, this thread is for sharing ideas on how to witness to the lost on Oct 31st and not for judging those who do!

Blessings Keith

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Are you going to offer trinity tracts?
    In what way does this help the lost?

Not3in1
    Participant

I think it's hard to have a major impact when the kids are coming to the door one by one….. It's easier at a party or a group function. But certainly the tracts, the carved pumpkin with verses – great ideas!!!

If you wanted to get real dramatic you could have a tomb-like scene set up and a sign that reads: Someone really did rise from the dead! His name is Jesus and he loves you. Something like that. I dunno….

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 22 2009,17:11)
    I think it's hard to have a major impact when the kids are coming to the door one by one…..  It's easier at a party or a group function.  But certainly the tracts, the carved pumpkin with verses – great ideas!!!

If you wanted to get real dramatic you could have a tomb-like scene set up and a sign that reads:  Someone really did rise from the dead!  His name is Jesus and he loves you.  Something like that.  I dunno….

Hi Mandy

I like that!

WJ

david
    Participant

Hi All

For those who have been following along the Halloween threads and are interested in reaching out to the lost that may come to your door, here is a website where you can purchase some tracts if you would like! Click here!

If anyone else has any ideas for doing so like Jacks suggestion to carve John 3:16 in a pumpkin, please share them!

Please, this thread is for sharing ideas on how to witness to the lost on Oct 31st and not for judging those who do!

Blessings Keith

You could go to where people are, like Jesus did. Especially on halloween, the malls are filled with people. (Maybe it's just where I live, but I think the malls give out more candy.) I find informal witnesses somewhat easier in that you get to decide who you are going to talk to.
    Example: Someone dressed up like a princess, go talk to them about the Bible. Someone dressed up like a slasher…let your friend do it.

I think it's hard to have a major impact when the kids are coming to the door one by one….. It's easier at a party or a group function. But certainly the tracts, the carved pumpkin with verses – great ideas!!!

My guess is, on this special day, candy day, halloween, prank day, whatever you want to call it, kids won't be too focused on reading material. Most will use it to wipe the chocolate off their face. It's best to talk to people about spiritual things when they're not engaged in other things.

If you wanted to get real dramatic you could have a tomb-like scene set up and a sign that reads: Someone really did rise from the dead! His name is Jesus and he loves you. Something like that. I dunno….

Clever use of what's around you.

Quote (david @ Oct. 23 2009,21:57)

Hi All

For those who have been following along the Halloween threads and are interested in reaching out to the lost that may come to your door, here is a website where you can purchase some tracts if you would like!  Click here!

Blessings Keith

You could go to where people are, like Jesus did.  Especially on halloween, the malls are filled with people.  (Maybe it's just where I live, but I think the malls give out more candy.)  I find informal witnesses somewhat easier in that you get to decide who you are going to talk to.  
    Example:   Someone dressed up like a princess, go talk to them about the Bible.  Someone dressed up like a slasher…let your friend do it.

I think it's hard to have a major impact when the kids are coming to the door one by one…..  It's easier at a party or a group function.  But certainly the tracts, the carved pumpkin with verses – great ideas!!!

My guess is, on this special day, candy day, halloween, prank day, whatever you want to call it, kids won't be too focused on reading material.  Most will use it to wipe the chocolate off their face.  It's best to talk to people about spiritual things when they're not engaged in other things.

If you wanted to get real dramatic you could have a tomb-like scene set up and a sign that reads:  Someone really did rise from the dead!  His name is Jesus and he loves you.  Something like that.  I dunno….

HaHaHa, I like this, lets witness twice as hard on halloween. How about just witnessing everyday, woop, that just might scare away your little pagan customs.

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 24 2009,02:19)

Hi All

Blessings Keith

You could go to where people are, like Jesus did.  Especially on halloween, the malls are filled with people.  (Maybe it's just where I live, but I think the malls give out more candy.)  I find informal witnesses somewhat easier in that you get to decide who you are going to talk to.  
    Example:   Someone dressed up like a princess, go talk to them about the Bible.  Someone dressed up like a slasher…let your friend do it.

My guess is, on this special day, candy day, halloween, prank day, whatever you want to call it, kids won't be too focused on reading material.  Most will use it to wipe the chocolate off their face.  It's best to talk to people about spiritual things when they're not engaged in other things.

HaHaHa, I like this, lets witness twice as hard on halloween. How about just witnessing everyday, woop, that just might scare away your little pagan customs.

HAHAHA!

So lets just witness on everyday except Oct 31st since you are scared of pagan customs!

:D

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 24 2009,19:06)

Hi All

Blessings Keith

HAHAHA!

So lets just witness on everyday except Oct 31st since you are scared of pagan customs!

WJ,
    You politely asked that no one judge evangelizing on this thread and Con just could not resist asserting his pompous self.

thinker

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 24 2009,00:42)

Hi All

Blessings Keith

HAHAHA!

WJ,
    You politely asked that no one judge evangelizing on this thread and Con just could not resist asserting his pompous self.

thinker

Was it a judgement?

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 24 2009,01:38)

Hi All

Blessings Keith

HAHAHA!

WJ,

thinker

Was it a judgement?

After all we are talking about witnessing against pagan customs.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

We are not being judged by our physical works and deeds! You can't do anything to please God except express his love! Love allows freedom.Love does not resist. Share your time with others in love not control. One day is no better or worse than another day no matter who made it up. Make the most love out of them all.From this position people will envy your freedom and not hate your self made moralism. Any show of resistence or non-acceptence to anything for a religious position is self-righteous and un-Godly! You don't have to participate in anything but love all things. Making up your own rules of life and laws to follow is ok for you but don't try to impress others to do the same. Bless you, TK

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 24 2009,20:38)

Hi All

Blessings Keith

HAHAHA!

WJ,

thinker

Was it a judgement?

You said “Ha ha ha.” It was a judgment in the form of ridicule. This is the problem with the unpure. They defile everything even a thread about evangelism.

thinker

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 24 2009,03:02)

Hi All

Blessings Keith

HAHAHA!

WJ,

thinker

Was it a judgement?

You said “Ha ha ha.” It was a judgment in the form of ridicule. This is the problem with the unpure. They defile everything even a thread about evangelism.

thinker

Your stretching.

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 24 2009,03:08)

Hi All

Blessings Keith

HAHAHA!

WJ,

thinker

Was it a judgement?

thinker

Your stretching.

I said “HAHAHA” bexause thought of it is funny.

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 24 2009,03:09)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 24 2009,03:08)

Hi All

Blessings Keith

HAHAHA!

WJ,

thinker

Was it a judgement?

thinker

Your stretching.

I said “HAHAHA” bexause thought of it is funny.

Just an observation?

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 24 2009,04:40)

But I thought we are supposed to be witnessing for Jesus?

This is the problem with legalism and legalistic preachers.

All they ever do is preach *against* something. They are always condemning the world rather than preaching Jesus and him crucified!

Jesus said…

For God **did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world**, but to save the world through him. John 3:17

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 25 2009,03:34)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 24 2009,04:40)

But I thought we are supposed to be witnessing for Jesus?

This is the problem with legalism and legalistic preachers.

All they ever do is preach *against* something. They are always condemning the world rather than preaching Jesus and him crucified!

Jesus said…

For God **did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world**, but to save the world through him. John 3:17

WJ

Keith,
    My thoughts exactly. This is the chief difference between us and them. They think that evangelization is to condemn people when to us evangelization is to tell people of the love of Christ.

Even evangelization is defiled by them. Everything the unpure in heart touch is defiled.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So where did the evil dogma of trinity arise?
    Not from pure hearts?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account