Why the Confusion?!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 277 total)
  • Author
    The One
    Participant

I am somewhat surprised after reading many posts,both
    recent and not so recent,and I am confused as to why there is so much division over whether Jesus was/is God.

The scriptures say that God {Jesus' Father}indwelt Jesus(John14:10),therefore Jesus was/is God for that reason.As far as acknowledgement of who is God by Jesus(therefore also our God,being as we are fellow heirs with Jesus Rom.8:16-17),we have multitudes of examples:

John 6:27-..”which the Son of Man will give to you,for on Him{Jesus}the Father,God,has set His seal.”

John 8:41-42-“You are doing the deeds of you father.”They said to Him,”We were not born of fornication:we have one Father,God.” 42)Jesus said to them”If God were your Father,
    you would love me,for I proceeded forth and have come from
    God,for I have not come on my own initiative,but He sent me.”

In the high priestly prayer in John 171-3 where Jesus lifts His eyes to heaven and says”Father,the hour has come to glorify your Son…..{speaking TO the Father here}vs.3″This is
    eternal life,that they(disciples)may know You,THE ONLY TRUE GOD.”

John20:17-where Jesus is talking to Mary after His resurrection and tells her..”go tell my brethren,I ascend to My
    Father and your Father,MY GOD and your God.”

These are just a few examples of Jesus recognizing the Father as God.But,if the Father is God alone,how can Jesus also be God?

The answer is suprisingly simple…….God chose Him to be!The book of John is filled with comments of Jesus saying the
    words He spoke,the deeds He did,the will He obeyed were all from the Father.Jesus did nothing on His own.Therefore He could be called the”exact”representation of God's nature,because that is exactly what Jesus was!

We get conflicted over whether Jesus was eternally God
    because of passages where Jesus said”I and the Father are one.”Well,why do we jump to the conclusion that this scripture denotes diety?

In John 17:11 Jesus says”I am no longer in the world,and yet they themselves(the apostles)are in the world,and I
    come to You.Holy Father,keep them in Your name,the name You gave me,THAT THEY MAY BE ONE EVEN AS WE ARE.”Does
    this ascribe deity to the apostles?Of course not!This statement makes it clear that God's purpose is Jesus' purpose
    and that the same should apply to Jesus' disciples.

Let me make an analogy.My son is Eric{he's 12},and I abide in him,and he in me(physically).When you see him,you see me,right?!I taught him the scriptures,so,when he speaks the word,he speaks it according to how he was taught by me….
    but,he isn't me in totality.I am me,and he is a representation of me.I am his father,not visa versa.

Let me expand.Eric is”of”me.What does that mean TO?!Well,
    if I say”Eric is of TO”,or”TO's son”,that says Eric BELONGS TO ME.He came from me,NOT visa versa!In the same way,Jesus
    (Son OF God),the Holy Spirit(Spirit OF God),we(children OF
    God)are all the Father's.The Father is not”OF”anyone.

We are the same as Jesus was/is…servants(Is.53).GOD,THE FATHER,SERVES NO ONE!!Does co equal diety worship another co equal diety?Well John 4 says Jesus worshipped the Father. Out of His own mouth Jesus tells us who God is,and His God is OUR God,right?!And if we as humans
    add to that fact,can we be correct?Jesus asked three times for the cup of the cross to pass from Him….but what happened?He obeyed His God,the Father(as we must).

Ask the questions.Is the high priest equal to the deity He serves?Is the servant equal to the master?Is the Son equal to the Father?Is the worshipper equal to the one worshipped?The
    answer is NO!

Was/is Jesus God?Yes.But only because God,the Father, bestowed that fullness upon Him(Col.1:19).

I hope that this post helps to answer some questions,and hopefully promote study and thought of the Father's word!May
    the peace of Christ dwell with you all richly,and may God bless
    your heart with the truth that leads to heaven.
    TO

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TO,
    ” The scriptures say that God {Jesus' Father}indwelt Jesus(John14:10),therefore Jesus was/is God for that reason.”]

Was the Spirit of God always infilling Jesus to the fullness of DEITY or only after the Jordan?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TO,
    “Jesus did nothing on His own.Therefore He could be called the”exact”representation of God's nature,because that is exactly what Jesus was!”

Yes God spoke and acted through the vessel of Christ revealing the true personality of God as shown in the fruit and gifts of the Spirit of God that we too can share.

Scripture Seeker
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 03 2006,02:28)
    Hi TO,
    ” The scriptures say that God {Jesus' Father}indwelt Jesus(John14:10),therefore Jesus was/is God for that reason.”]

Was the Spirit of God always infilling Jesus to the fullness of DEITY or only after the Jordan?

Great question Nick!

But did Jesus really have to wait until he was thirty years old to receive the fullness of the Holy Spirit in his baptism? NO!

We know he was already full of grace and truth. He already had the glory of the only begotten of the Father.
    Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH.

Jesus always had the fullness of the Holy Spirit, “the word” has always contained the breath of the Holy Spirit. In unity with the Father and the Holy Spirit the Son created EVERYTHING including the invisible spirits in heaven, nothing was made without him.
    In fact Jesus baptism is the revelation of the new creation by the Father Son and the Holy Spirit…This will be revealed soon.

So Jesus as the Son of God “the word” changes not, “this is who he is”.    

Heb 13:8  Jesus Christ, YESTERDAY, AND TODAY: AND THE SAME FOR EVER.

Even John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Spirit in his Mothers Womb!

Luk 1:15  For he shall be great before the Lord and shall drink no wine nor strong drink: AND HE SHALL BE FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST, EVEN FROM HIS MOTHER'S WOMB.

And his Mother Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit upon the entry of Mary carry the true light of the world in her womb.

Luk 1:41  And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; AND ELISABETH WAS FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST:

So why was he baptized?

To understand why Jesus was baptized we need to understand what the word Christ means and we need to also understand what it means to be a Priest and Prophet.

Joh 1:41  He findeth first his brother Simon and saith to him: We have found the Messias, WHICH IS, BEING INTERPRETED, THE CHRIST.

Joh 4:25  The woman saith to him: I know that the Messias cometh (WHO IS CALLED CHRIST): therefore, when he is come, he will tell us all things.

The word Christ comes from the Greek translation of the Hebrew word Messiah, which means “Anointed”.

G5547 Χριστός Christos khris-tos'
    FROM G5548; ANOINTED, that is, the Messiah, an epithet of Jesus: – Christ.

G5548χρίω chriō khree'-o
    Probably akin to G5530 through the idea of contact; to smear or rub with oil, that is, (by implication) TO CONSECRATE TO AN OFFICE OR RELIGIOUS SERVICE: – ANOINT.

Jesus fulfilled the law perfectly. All high priest and prophets where anointed unto the lord in the priests office!

Lev 7:35  THIS IS THE PORTION OF THE ANOINTING OF AARON, and of the ANOINTING OF HIS SONS, out of the offerings of the LORD made by fire, IN THE DAY WHEN HE PRESENTED THEM TO MINISTER UNTO THE LORD IN THE PRIEST'S OFFICE;

The Son “the word” knew that the Father had made it a commandment that to minister as a High Priest he had first to be “anointed”. This was commanded by his Father as a statute FOREVER.  

Lev 7:36  Which the LORD commanded to be given them of the children of Israel, IN THE DAY THAT HE ANOINTED THEM, by A STATUTE FOR EVER THROUGHOUT THEIR GENERATIONS.

Lev 8:12  And he poured of the anointing oil upon Aaron's head, and ANOINTED HIM, TO SANCTIFY HIM.

Exo 29:44  And I will sanctify the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar: I WILL SANCTIFY ALSO BOTH AARON AND HIS SONS, TO MINISTER TO ME IN THE PRIEST'S OFFICE.

Exo 40:13  And thou shalt put upon Aaron the holy garments, and ANOINT HIM, and SANCTIFY HIM; THAT HE MAY MINISTER UNTO ME IN THE PRIEST'S OFFICE.

The anointing was to sanctify Aaron and his Sons to be able to minister in the priests office. BUT Jesus did not need to be sanctified

Joh 17:19  And FOR THEIR SAKES I SANCTIFY MYSELF, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

John came to bear witnesses that Jesus was the Christ “the Messiah”. He had to be anointed to be prove he was the Christ.

John is asked if he is the Christ because he is baptizing.. Who does he bear witnesses of?

Joh 1:25  And they asked him, and said unto him, WHY BAPTIZEST THOU THEN, IF THOU BE NOT THAT CHRIST, NOR ELIAS, NEITHER THAT PROPHET?
    Joh 1:26  John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;

Here he declares the Messiah.

Mat 3:11  I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, WHOSE SHOES I AM NOT WORTHY TO BEAR: HE SHALL BAPTIZE YOU WITH THE HOLY GHOST, AND WITH FIRE:

ALL THIS was to bear witnesses to ISREAL, that Jesus was the Christ!

Joh 1:31  And I knew him not: BUT THAT HE SHOULD BE MADE MANIFEST TO ISRAEL, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

Jesus did not need to be sanctified, it was for our sakes he was sanctified so Israel would know he was the Christ and so then they could be sanctified with His word which is “the word of truth”.

Joh 17:19  And FOR THEIR SAKES I SANCTIFY MYSELF, THAT THEY ALSO MIGHT BE SANCTIFIED THROUGH THE TRUTH.

Jesus DID NOT NEED ANY SINS TO BE WASHED AWAY but instead our sins are washed away by his obedience.

2Co 5:21  For he hath made him to be sin for us, WHO KNEW NO SIN; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
    1Pe 2:22  WHO DID NO SIN, neither was guile found in his mouth:
    1Jo 3:5  And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; AND IN HIM IS NO SIN.

This is why John the Baptist reveals he is the Lamb of God even before he is Baptized.

Joh 1:29  The next day, John saw Jesus coming to him; and he saith: Behold the Lamb of God. BEHOLD HIM WHO TAKETH AWAY THE SIN OF THE WORLD.
    Joh 1:36  And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

Jesus accepts and submits himself entirely to his Fathers will as the Messiah. The Father is well pleased and reveals his Son as the Messiah to Israel BY SENDING THE ANOINTING AND CONFIRMS HE IS WELL PLEASED. The Son is by whom all things are made so it was fitting that by him the new creation was made..

This is a preclude of the new creation also.. Compare the new births of the Water and the Dove.

Joh 1:32  And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from HEAVEN LIKE A DOVE, AND IT ABODE UPON HIM.

Gen 8:11  AND THE DOVE CAME IN TO HIM IN THE EVENING; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth

By the ANOINTING Jesus accepts his life as the messiah, the “anointed one”.
    Jesus can now confirm that he is the “anointed one”  to the synagogue.

Luk 4:18  The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, BECAUSE HE HATH ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
    Luk 4:19  To preach the acceptable year OF THE LORD.

And all bare him witness…..

Luk 4:21  And he began to say unto them, THIS DAY IS THIS SCRIPTURE FULFILLED IN YOUR EARS.
    Luk 4:22  AND ALL BARE HIM WITNESS, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. AND THEY SAID, IS NOT THIS JOSEPH'S SON?

He allows himself to be num
    bered among the sinners to open the heavens that the first Adam closed. This is why the word was made flesh and he accepts his Father will and is anointed in the baptism which will lead to HIS DEATH so when we are baptized we CAN BE RAISED IN HIS GLORY.

Rom 6:4  For we are BURIED TOGETHER WITH HIM BY BAPTISM INTO DEATH: that, as Christ is risen from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we also may walk in newness of life.

Col 2:12  BURIED WITH HIM IN BAPTISM: in whom also you are risen again by the faith of THE OPERATION OF GOD WHO HATH RAISED HIM UP FROM THE DEAD.

Who raised Jesus from the dead….THE OPERATION OF GOD

The Father
    Gal 1:1  Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, AND GOD THE FATHER, WHO RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD;)

The  Holy Spirit
    Rom 8:11  But if THE SPIRIT OF HIM THAT RAISED UP JESUS FROM THE DEAD dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

The Son
    Joh 2:19  Jesus answered and said unto them, DESTROY THIS TEMPLE, AND IN THREE DAYS I WILL RAISE IT UP.

Again it is BY the Son and FROM the commandment of the Father…
    Col 2:12…. THE OPERATION OF GOD WHO HATH RAISED HIM UP FROM THE DEAD.

Joh 10:17  Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
    Joh 10:18  No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, AND I HAVE POWER TO TAKE IT AGAIN. THIS COMMANDMENT HAVE I RECEIVED OF MY FATHER.

Look at what the Jews say about him….

Joh 10:20  And many of them said, HE HATH A DEVIL, AND IS MAD; WHY HEAR YE HIM?

Now what does Jesus reveal to them….

Joh 10:25  JESUS ANSWERED THEM, I TOLD YOU, AND YE BELIEVED NOT: THE WORKS THAT I DO IN MY FATHER'S NAME, THEY BEAR WITNESS OF ME.
    Joh 10:26  But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
    Joh 10:27  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    Joh 10:28  And I give them life everlasting: and they shall not perish for ever. AND NO MAN SHALL PLUCK THEM OUT OF MY HAND.
    Joh 10:29  That which my Father hath given me is greater than all: AND NO ONE CAN SNATCH THEM OUT OF THE HAND OF MY FATHER.
    Joh 10:30  I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE.

Here we have a revelation within the New Testament…the operation of God that raised him from the dead we also have a revelation from the Old Testament as well….

Deu 32:39  See ye that I ALONE AM, and THERE IS NO OTHER God besides me: I will kill and I will make to live: I will strike, and I will heal, AND THERE IS NONE THAT CAN DELIVER OUT OF MY HAND.
    Deu 32:40  I will lift up my hand to heaven, AND I WILL SAY: I LIVE FOR EVER.

SEE YE THAT I AM ALONE…. Now who is the first and last that who says I live for ever?

The revelations don’t stop there but this is another subject….

So the name Messiah means “anointed one” and the name Jesus means “God saves”.

Blessings in the name of the Jesus

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SS,
    You say
    “We know he was already full of grace and truth. He already had the glory of the only begotten of the Father.
    Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH.

Jesus always had the fullness of the Holy Spirit, “the word” has always contained the breath of the Holy Spirit”

Jesus was FULL OF grace and truth as a vessel is filled.
    We too are of the breath of God[Gen 2.7] so you are not making a relevant point here.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SS,
    You say
    “Jesus accepts and submits himself entirely to his Fathers will as the Messiah. The Father is well pleased and reveals his Son as the Messiah to Israel BY SENDING THE ANOINTING AND CONFIRMS HE IS WELL PLEASED. The Son is by whom all things are made so it was fitting that by him the new creation was made..”
    So you agree that Jesus was anointed at the Jordan with the Holy Spirit and power[Acts 1038]. Then why do you suggest he walked in that power before he was anointed with it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SS,
    From the time of the anointing in the Jordan Christ was filled with the Holy Spirit of God. He was working by the finger of God. God spoke through him by that Spirit to promise his resurrection and God fulfilled that prophecy.
    He worshiped and prayed to and served His Father God who anointed him with His own Spirit unto death.

So much of what you say is good.

Why add onto scripture the dangerous trinity God musings of deluded men?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

The One said:

The scriptures say that God {Jesus' Father}indwelt Jesus(John14:10),therefore Jesus was/is God for that reason.

So, if Yahweh (“God”) dwells in us does that make us Yahweh (“God”) also?

To Believe “Jesus Is God” Is To Be Deceived!

NickHassan
    Participant

Thanks Frank and welcome back.

The One
    Participant

Frank,
    God dwells in us all and in everything,but,we have a different relationship with God than what Jesus did.

There are similarities.We are fellow heirs with Christ(Rom.8:16-17…sons of God as well),He was tempted as we are,lived an earthly existence,suffered death,ate,drank,worshipped…as we do.

But,He was called the Son of God by God Himself{Matt.3:16-17}.He spoke only God's words{John 17:7-8,Jn.14:24,John 8:28…}and did only God's deeds/work{John 14:10,John 5:19}
    and had seen the Father personally{John 6:46,John 1:18}.
    these things we do not either partly(see God),or completely
    (the others)do,and Jesus did them all.

We are those that NEED a mediator.Jusus IS that high priest/mediator.We are those that NEED salvation.Jesus is the way/avenue to it.Jesus didn't NEED us.WE NEED HIM!

nuff said

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (The One @ Aug. 05 2006,23:12)
    Frank,
          God dwells in us all and in everything,but,we have a different relationship with God than what Jesus did.

There are similarities.We are fellow heirs with Christ(Rom.8:16-17…sons of God as well),He was tempted as we are,lived an earthly existence,suffered death,ate,drank,worshipped…as we do.

But,He was called the Son of God by God Himself{Matt.3:16-17}.He spoke only God's words{John 17:7-8,Jn.14:24,John 8:28…}and did only God's deeds/work{John 14:10,John 5:19}
    and had seen the Father personally{John 6:46,John 1:18}.
    these things we do not either partly(see God),or completely
    (the others)do,and Jesus did them all.

We are those that NEED a mediator.Jusus IS that high priest/mediator.We are those that NEED salvation.Jesus is the way/avenue to it.Jesus didn't NEED us.WE NEED HIM!

nuff said

Hi TO,
    But when we are reborn we are reborn INTO Christ and his Spirit is reborn into us.
    So that in him we now sit at the right hand of the Father.[coll 3.1f]
    We become members of his own body sharing that Spirit in our earthen vessels and continuing his work among men.

His role as mediator is to establish us in him and in blessed relationship with his Father through our relationship in him. Then we can call God our Abba Father ourselves.

Jesus wants us to have the same relationship with God that he does and that is possible because of the tearing of the temple curtain in his flesh.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Frank,
    God dwells in us all and in everything

What do you mean by saying that the “God” that you worship dwells in everything? Do you mean to say that your “God” dwells in rocks, trees, animals, soil and etc.? How about sinful men and dead bodies? Does your “God” dwell in them also? Does your “God” dwell in buildings such as the “church” you attend and pagan idols also? Where in your so called “Holy Bible” does it say “God dwells in everything.”

“Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet …” (Acts 7:48; 17:24; Isayah 66:1,2).

seminarian
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 04 2006,21:48)
    The One said:

The scriptures say that God {Jesus' Father}indwelt Jesus(John14:10),therefore Jesus was/is God for that reason.

Good point Frank for Yahweh & Nick,

The One, We are fellow heirs with Christ (Rom.8:16-17). That means we GET an equal share of everything that the Lord Jesus has been GIVEN. Nobody gives God Almighty ANYTHING. He already owns it all but He can give to His Son and us.

Also note that the Bible says we are brothers of Jesus and children of God. Nowhere in the Bible does it say or teach that we are BROTHERS of God!

Sort of elementary stuff here folks,

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (seminarian @ Aug. 07 2006,20:09)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 04 2006,21:48)
    The One said:

Good point Frank for Yahweh & Nick,

The One, We are fellow heirs with Christ (Rom.8:16-17).  That means we GET an equal share of everything that the Lord Jesus has been GIVEN.  Nobody gives God Almighty ANYTHING.  He already owns it all but He can give to His Son and us.

Also note that the Bible says we are brothers of Jesus and children of God.  Nowhere in the Bible does it say or teach that we are BROTHERS of God!

Sort of elementary stuff here folks,

I just happen to be working on entering a study by Voy Wilks on my web page on the pre-existence doctrine which mentions this very subject on our being fellow heirs with Yahshua. I have not yet completed and edited it, but her is a excerpt form it about that.

Yahshua the Heir

“… but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed HEIR OF ALL THINGS, …” (Heb. 1:2).

What does this say? Yahweh appointed his Son (Yahshua) to be his heir – to inherit “all things.” Please keep in mind: A son does not inherit property which he, himself, has worked for. No. He owns that already. This indicates that Yahshua did not, after all, create the world, since he is the heir to his Father's property. Does this agree with other Scriptures? Indeed, yes. Please note the following evidence:

“Hear another parable. There was a householder who planted a vinyard, and set a hedge about it, and dug a wine press in it, and built a tower, and let it out to tenents, and went into a far country. When the season of fruit drew near. he sent his servants to the tenants, to get his fruit; and the tentants took his ervants and beat one, killed another and stoned another. Again he sent other servants, more than the first; and they did the same to them. AFTERWARD he SENT HIS SON to them, saying, they will respect my son. But when the tenants saw the son they said to themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him and have his INHERITANCE. And they took him and cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him. When therefire the owner of the vineyahrd comes, what will he do to those tenants?” (Mt 21:33-40 Mk. 12:1-7; Lk. 20:9-16).

The following points are clear:

O The Father (Yahweh) was the householder.

O The Father (Yahweh) planted the vineyard.

O The Father (Yahweh) set the hedge, built the tower, and dug the winepress.

O The Father (Yahweh) made the contract with the tenants; thatis Israel (Isa. 5:1-7; Ps. 80:8-19).

O The Father (Yahweh) sent his servants (the prophets).

O The Father (Yahweh) sent his son (Yahshua).

O The son (Yahshua) was the heir of his Father's property (the vineyard with all its improvements).

O The Son (Yahshua) was cast out and killed.

Obviously, Yahshua is both the Son and the Heir; not the owner, nor the householder. True, this is a parable, but in order to teach truth, a parable must agree with prevailing conditions. Other Scriptures – Other Scriptures which are not parables – agreee with Hebrews 1:2 that Yahshua is the heir of Father Yahweh's property.

“For all who are lead by the spirit of Yahweh are sons of Yahweh. … and if children, then heirs, heirs of Yahweh and FELLOW HEIRS WITH the Messiah, …” (Rom. 8:14,17).

“… for in Messiah Yahshua you are all sons of Yahweh, through faith. For as many as wre baptised intothe Messiah have put on the Messaih. … And if you are the Messiah's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to the promise” (Gal. 3:26,27,29). So through Yahweh you are no longer a slave but a son and if a son then an heir” (Gal. 4:7).

We inherit the promise made to Abraham: the kingdom (the world, the vineyard), and everlasting life, because Yahshua is the cheif hear. By baptism in his name we, and the ancients, bcome fellow heirs with the Messaih (Gal. 3:16-19; Titus 3:7; Heb 11:7-10; Acts 20:32; 7:5,6; Rom. 4:13;; Eph. 1:3-23; 1 Peter 1:3,4; Rev. 21:5-7).

Remember the mother of James and John? She asked the Savior to grant that her two sons will set, one on Yahshua's right and one on his left in the Kingdom of Yahweh. Yahshua's reply: (the heavenly Father), being the Creator, is owner of all, while Yahshua (his Son) is the heir.

“I will tell of the decrees of Yahweh: He said to me, 'You are my son, today I [Yahweh] have begotten you. Ask of me and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession” (Ps. 2:7-9; Heb. 5:5).

Again, this shows Yahweh as both Father and Creator, and Yahshua as both Son and the Heir. Ephesians 1:3-23 also shows Yahweh to be the Creator, the Father, and the owner of the inheritance. One day Yahshua will receive this inheritance, and make us (the saints, (Jew and Gentile) joint heirs with himself. Again, the following quotation reaveals Yahweh as the provider and owner of the inheritance. Yahshua extends to us a share as joint heirs.

“For every house is builded by someone; but he that built all things is Yahweh” (Heb. 3:4 Bethel Edition).

These Scriptures are more than enough to confirm Yahweh as Creator and Yahshua hi So will one day inherit his Father's property – his Father's creation.

Here is the link to that study if you are interested.

http://frank4yahweh.tripod.com/ByAndThrough.html

I believe as Voy Wilks does, that Yahshua did not pre-exist with Father Yahweh in the beginning and was not a co-creator with Him. I also do not espouse to the doctrines “Holy Trinity, God the Son, Eternal Son (in that he always existed)”, Jesus is God” and etc.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Hmm! I thought there was an edit option for the posts that we make! Oh well! :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi F4y,
    You say this

” Please keep in mind: A son does not inherit property which he, himself, has worked for.”

Where is it written?

A son inherits whether or not he has ever worked on the property.
    The prodigal son did not work on the farm.
    The good son did not inherit because of his work.
    He was the remaining son who had not disinherited himself.
    Work is irrelevant in inheritance.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 09 2006,19:47)
    Hi F4y,
    You say this

” Please keep in mind: A son does not inherit property which he, himself, has worked for.”

Where is it written?

A son inherits whether or not he has ever worked on the property.
    The prodigal son did not work on the farm.
    The good son did not inherit because of his work.
    He was the remaining son who had not disinherited himself.
    Work is irrelevant in inheritance.

Well nick, you need to look more closely at the context of what you are reading. I did not say that. Note the author. Maybe you would like to argue this point with him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi F4Y,
    Forgive me if I have read you wrongly.

But you have seemingly posted the quote as if it is your belief too.
    Is it not your belief?
    or will just you not defend it?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 09 2006,21:53)
    Hi F4Y,
    Forgive me if I have read you wrongly.

But you have seemingly posted the quote as if it is your belief too.
    Is it not your belief?
    or will just you not defend it?

Yes, I do agree with Voy Wilk's article in that Yahshua did no WORK in creating the heavens and the earth. It was Father Yahweh alone Who did the creating (WORK) of the heavens and the earth. There are MANY (some 107) passages from Scripture that testify that Father Yahweh is the Creator of all things. Yahshua himself even proclaimed that Father Yahweh was our Creator of all things. Yahshua never once stated that he was the creator of all things or was a co-creator of all things.

He also never once stated that he pre-existed with Father Yahweh. Now, I am quite aware of the FEW passages that many ASSUME that he was in a round about way saying that he pre-existed, but I myself, as do many others, do not espouse to their interpretation of these FEW passages.

To me there is no difference in arguing with others who believe that Yahshua is Yahweh than agruing with those who believe Yahshua pre-existed and was a co-creator. It is like going around and around in a never ending circle with those who espouse to such foolish beliefs. I am simply stating what it is that I believe and if others can not see eye to eye with me, I can't force them to. Again, maybe you would like to argue with the author of this article.

I was simply making known that this was an excerpt of Voy Wilk's study where he made mention of Yahshua being an heir. I believe that I did make it known that I had not yet completed in tying this study out. I will also need to do some editing for typos when I am finished.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

*typing this article out. Oh I hate forums that won't let you go back and edit your posts!:(

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 277 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account