Why don't christians believe tha god sent muhammad

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 547 total)
  • Author
    karmarie
    Participant

Ed, see how bod agreed with you, so he agreed with it being ok to deny the Son, and agreed that if the Holy Spirit is the father then he is ok…but the Holy Spirit spoke through Jesus, this word that he spoke was not his own, to deny the Son of God is the sin that if not repented of once knowledge of the fact has been seen…see? Bod needs to repent of denying the son and denying the words he spoke and denying the death and the shedding of blood on the cross. Otherwise he has passed on from the knowledge he had and has taken instead a mans word rather than the Son of Gods words. He has agreed rather with what one person has said “God has no Son”

The bible part about this shows Jesus performing miracles, through what power? The Holy Spirits power, just as the words he spoke  were through the Holy Spirit, so bod saying that he wasnt the only begotten son of God and that the words he said were not true but lies is the same thing.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ June 07 2010,12:28)
    Ed, see how bod agreed with you, so he agreed with it being ok to deny the Son, and agreed that if the Holy Spirit is the father then he is ok…but the Holy Spirit spoke through Jesus, this word that he spoke was not his own, to deny the Son of God is the sin that if not repented of once knowledge of the fact has been seen…see? Bod needs to repent of denying the son and denying the words he spoke and denying the death and the shedding of blood on the cross. Otherwise he has passed on from the knowledge he had and has taken instead a mans word rather than the Son of Gods words. He has agreed rather with what one person has said “God has no Son”

The bible part about this shows Jesus performing miracles, through what power? The Holy Spirits power, just as the words he spoke  were through the Holy Spirit, so bod saying that he wasnt the only begotten son of God and that the words he said were not true but lies is the same thing.

Elijah performed miracles by what power?

Was not Elijah the Son of God?

bodhitharta
    Participant

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
    John 3:12-14

Who is Jesus talking about here since he was not in Heaven at the time he spoke.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ June 07 2010,18:56)

Ask God who Allah is. I do not believe in Allah. i can assure you of that. let me check, let me ask myself. Nope i do not. Again like i said. before, denying Allah for you, is like dieing. I dont blame you for not believing, its human of you. Who would want to deny their faith? who? no one. but if God is who he says he is, than it becomes a ressurection.

Like Arab Muslims and Arab Jews, Arab Christians refer to God as Allah, since this is the word in Arabic for “God”.[18][19] The use of the term Allah in Arab Christian churches predates Islam by several centuries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki….istians

Denying ALLAH for you is like dismissing all your Christian Arabic brothers and sisters

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 08 2010,01:09)

SimplyForgiven,June wrote:

[/quote]

Ask God who Allah is.  I do not believe in Allah. i can assure you of that.  let me check, let me ask myself.  Nope i do not.  Again like i said. before, denying Allah for you, is like dieing.  I dont blame you for not believing, its human of you.  Who would want to deny their faith? who? no one.  but if God is who he says he is, than it becomes a ressurection.

Like Arab Muslims and Arab Jews, Arab Christians refer to God as Allah, since this is the word in Arabic for “God”.[18][19] The use of the term Allah in Arab Christian churches predates Islam by several centuries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki….istians

Denying ALLAH for you is like dismissing all your Christian Arabic brothers and sisters

Your point is dismissed by many reasons.
    its a foolish response, and sneaky wordy trap.
    full of deceiftul guilt trip and trickary.
    I dont appreciate that you have tried to trap me in such a situation and try to corner me to accpet allah as my God. in other words you have tried to corner me to leave me without a choice to freely accept “allah” or not.

Lets put this situation In symbolic terms, you have held Christian “arabic” brother and sisters kidnapped pointing a gun at their heads, saying if you dont accpet allah, your putting them to death (dismissing) them.

This is a devilish attack. Full of emotional responses and not truth.

One you cant hold my soul due to what other say.
    My salvation with God is personal,
    My soul, is between God and I, as others are the same.
    God judges the intentions of the heart. He can search me and examine me because he knows my very heart and thoughts.
    Therefore neither you or anyone else can hold me accountable for what someone elses choose to call God.

why can i dismiss your conclusion about dismissing “arab” brothers and sisters. Why?
    Sure in the language of Arabic it can called God.
    Im my language it is Dios.

But when i say i do not believe in Allah, it means the Allah of the Quran. the very identity of Allah, and the very personality that is presented within the Quran, I Truely Deny.

Dont pull the race card, and the language barrier, as a way to twist ones thoughts into agreeing with you.

And your stating what i did not say.
    I never said i dismissed anyone.

Your adding speculation to what i did not say.
    this is very dishonest. making a similie or a cause and effect point on what other people call God is disturbing on your part.

You know exactly what i meant.
    Because the allah of the quran is Not the same God of the bible.

bodhitharta
    Participant

O children of israel! call to mind the (special) favour which I bestowed upon you, and fulfil your covenant with Me as I fulfil My Covenant with you, and fear none but Me.
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #40)

children of israel! call to mind the (special) favour which I bestowed upon you, and that I preferred you to all other (for My Message).
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #47)

And remember We took a covenant from the children of israel (to this effect): Worship none but Allah. treat with kindness your parents and kindred, and orphans and those in need; speak fair to the people; be steadfast in prayer; and practise regular charity. Then did ye turn back, except a few among you, and ye backslide (even now).
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #83)

All food was lawful to the children of israel, except what israel Made unlawful for itself, before the Law (of Moses) was revealed. Say: “Bring ye the Law and study it, if ye be men of truth.”
    ( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #93)

On that account: We ordained for the children of israel that if any one slew a person – unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land – it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our apostles with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.
    ( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #32)

Now, is this the same God? ALLAH is my GOD and your GOD and there is none else this is who Jesus said about:

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
    John 20:16-18

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 09 2010,00:51)
    1)O children of israel! call to mind the (special) favour which I bestowed upon you, and fulfil your covenant with Me as I fulfil My Covenant with you, and fear none but Me.  
    (  سورة البقرة  , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #40)

2)children of israel! call to mind the (special) favour which I bestowed upon you, and that I preferred you to all other (for My Message).  
    (  سورة البقرة  , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #47)

3)And remember We took a covenant from the children of israel (to this effect): Worship none but Allah. treat with kindness your parents and kindred, and orphans and those in need; speak fair to the people; be steadfast in prayer; and practise regular charity. Then did ye turn back, except a few among you, and ye backslide (even now).  
    (  سورة البقرة  , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #83)

4)All food was lawful to the children of israel, except what israel Made unlawful for itself, before the Law (of Moses) was revealed. Say: “Bring ye the Law and study it, if ye be men of truth.”  
    (  سورة آل عمران  , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #93)

5)On that account: We ordained for the children of israel that if any one slew a person – unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land – it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our apostles with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.  
    (  سورة المائدة  , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #32)

6)Now, is this the same God? ALLAH is my GOD and your GOD and there is none else this is who Jesus said about:

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
    John 20:16-18

Hey bod,

You can pick and choose scripture from the Quran all you like, but it still not match the God of the Bible.
    ill tell you what, what website are you using to qoute the quran for i can study context.

1 & 2)Israel was a Chosen nation.  They couldnt fullfill the covenant because they always broke it. who is speaking in your text?
    Deuteronomy 7:6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

3) Who is speaking here? Seems like this is in first person about allah.  the term we, i can assume is muhammed speaking.  How do you take a covenant from someone else?  How does one take someone elses agreement?
    Exodus 20:12 Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.  
    16 You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
    Leviticus 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.
    Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    Matthew 2238This is the first and great commandment.
    39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Kindness? has nothign to do with it.  Honor your parents. The kindred and orphans are our neightbors love them as you love your self.  nothing about speaking fair, speak only truth, never bear false witness.  Love God with all your heart, soul and might.  Not practice regular charity,  Live it, a lifestyle its who we are.  
    Big differense.
    4) this passage makes no sense.   All food was not lawful to israel, Israel did not make food unlawful to itself, it was God who wrote the commandments.
    5) Matthew 25
    37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
    38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
    39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
    40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

The people dont matter as much as God. if you do wrong to the least of people its as if you do it to God himself.
    6) Totally not the Same God.  For God speaks for himself, My Father, Abba, Mi Padre, Is not the God you worship.  and allah is not the God i worship.  
    Think about the last text you mentioned.  who was Jesus talkking to?  He was talking to mary.  not an muslim.
    the islam God, is not the same as the Christian God.
    no offense.
    But its clear.
    You can try to make the universial point that it is the same God, but really its not.
    People hate my God, because he is real.
    We all want to go to heaven, but most dont want to see God there.
    The problem here my friend is that your God is not my God.
    They are not the same.

karmarie
    Participant

Bod, you cant try to prove the Quran agrees with the Bible by putting a few verses from the Quran but missing out the rest, its like just telling a part of a story not the full one. The Jesus of the Quran is not the Jesus of the Bible, so how can God in the bible be the same God if he doesnt have a Son in the Quran?

Well said Dennison:)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ June 09 2010,07:25)

Hey bod,

You can pick and choose scripture from the Quran all you like, but it still not match the God of the Bible.
    ill tell you what, what website are you using to qoute the quran for i can study context.

http://searchtruth.net/

1 & 2)Israel was a Chosen nation. They couldnt fullfill the covenant because they always broke it. who is speaking in your text?

Gabriel has revealed this Word of God

Say: Whoever is an enemy to Gabriel-for he brings down the (revelation) to thy heart by Allah.s will, a confirmation of what went before, and guidance and glad tidings for those who believe,-
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #97)

How do you take a covenant from someone else? How does one take someone elses agreement?

When someone accepts an agreement

And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.
    Exodus 24:6-8

Those that created mischief were punished with death

Exodus 32:26-28 (King James Version)

26Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the LORD's side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.

27And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

28And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

4) this passage makes no sense. All food was not lawful to israel, Israel did not make food unlawful to itself, it was God who wrote the commandments.

Genesis 9:3-4 (King James Version)

3Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

4But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

People hate my God, because he is real.

“And Allah by His words doth prove and establish His truth, however much the sinners may hate it!”
    ( سورة يونس , Yunus, Chapter #10, Verse #82)

That is because they hate the Revelation of Allah. so He has made their deeds fruitless.
    ( سورة محمد , Muhammad, Chapter #47, Verse #9)

We all want to go to heaven, but most dont want to see God there.

How can ye reject the faith in allah.- seeing that ye were without life, and He gave you life; then will He cause you to die, and will again bring you to life; and again to Him will ye return.
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #28)

Say: “If the last Home, with allah, be for you specially, and not for anyone else, then seek ye for death, if ye are sincere.”
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #94)

94 Say: “If the last Home, with Allah, be for you specially, and not for anyone else, then seek ye for death, if ye are sincere.”
    95 But they will never seek for death, on account of the (sins) which their hands have sent on before them. and Allah is well-acquainted with the wrong-doers.
    96 Thou wilt indeed find them, of all people, most greedy of life,-even more than the idolaters: Each one of them wishes He could be given a life of a thousand years: But the grant of such life will not save him from (due) punishment. For Allah sees well all that they do.

The problem here my friend is that your God is not my God.

Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #62)

Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the sabians and the Christians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness,- on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
    ( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #69)

Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the sabians, Christians, Magians, and Polytheists,- Allah will judge between them on the Day of Judgment: for Allah is witness of all things.
    ( سورة الحج , Al-Hajj, Chapter #22, Verse #17)

Allah is He, than Whom there is no other god;- the Sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace (and Perfection), the Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Safety, the Exalted in Might, the Irresistible, the supreme: Glory to Allah. (High is He) above the partners they attribute to Him.
    ( سورة الحشر , Al-Hashr, Chapter #59, Verse #23)

Allah. There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the supreme (in glory).
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #255)

Say: “Who is the Lord and Sustainer of the heavens and the earth?” Say: “(It is) Allah.” Say: “Do ye then take (for worship) protectors other than Him, such as have no power either for good or for
    harm to themselves?” Say: “Are the blind equal with those who see? Or the depths of darkness equal with light?” Or do they assign to Allah partners who have created (anything) as He has created, so that the creation seemed to them similar? Say: “(Allah) is the Creator of all things: He is the One, the supreme and Irresistible.”
    ( سورة الرعد , Ar-Rad, Chapter #13, Verse #16)

“(Allah)!- there is no god but He!- Lord of the Throne supreme!”
    ( سورة النمل , An-Naml, Chapter #27, Verse #26)

God Bless You!

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ June 09 2010,09:11)
    Bod, you cant try to prove the Quran agrees with the Bible by putting a few verses from the Quran but missing out the rest, its like just telling a part of a story not the full one. The Jesus of the Quran is not the Jesus of the Bible, so how can God in the bible be the same God if he doesnt have a Son in the Quran?

Is there one scripture in the entire Bible where God says to Jesus “You are My Son”

In-fact it says

Revelation 21
    7He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

If anyone can be the son of God then of course it is not literal and I have already told you it is an expression of righteousness of a pious servant. Otherwise why would Jesus also be called a servant?

Acts 3:13 (New King James Version)
    13 The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified His Servant Jesus, whom you delivered up and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let Him go.

Acts 3:13 (King James Version)

13The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Servant or Son, which is it?

Acts 3:26 (New King James Version)
    26 To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities.”

Acts 3:26 (King James Version)

26Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Acts 4:27 (New King James Version)
    27 “For truly against Your holy Servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together

Acts 4:27 (King James Version)

27For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,

Servant or Child, which is it?

Acts 4:30 (New King James Version)
    30 by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.

Acts 4:30 (King James Version)

30By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.

Romans 15:8 (New King James Version)
    8 Now I say that Jesus Christ has become a servant to the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made to the fathers,

Romans 15:8 (King James Version)

8Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

What! these two agree a servant is a minister

5 verses is more than enough of a witness to prove this point and to seal this point. look at the same verses do you understand now?

either that or which version is corrupted?

NKJV

Version Information
    Commissioned in 1975 by Thomas Nelson Publishers, 130 respected Bible scholars, church leaders, and lay Christians worked for seven years to create a completely new, modern translation of Scripture, yet one that would retain the purity and stylistic beauty of the original King James. With unyielding faithfulness to the original Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic texts, the translatiors applies the most recent research in archaelology, linguistics, and textual studies.

Guess what I went through several versions Darby, Young's literal… and you will see one will say servant the other will say son. There is your proof unless you choose to remain blind.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ June 08 2010,19:19)

Hi SF,

I know exactly what you mean! Curse=allah=66

Gal.1:8-9 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you
    than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. as we said before, so say I now again,
    If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, LET HIM BE ACCURSED.

2Cor.4:3-4 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
    In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
    lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

God bless you Simply Forgiven,
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:14)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 09 2010,14:44)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ June 08 2010,19:19)

Hi SF,

I know exactly what you mean! Curse=allah=66

Gal.1:8-9 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you
    than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. as we said before, so say I now again,
    If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, LET HIM BE ACCURSED.

2Cor.4:3-4 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
    In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
    lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

God bless you Simply Forgiven,
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:14)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Curse C=3 U=21 R=18 S=19 E=5

3+21+18+19+5= 66

ALLAH A=1 L=12 L=12 A=1 H=8

1+12+12+1+8=34

Why would ED Lie?

GRACE G=7 R=18 A=1 C=3 E=5

7+18+1+3+5=34

OH!!!! I see why ED would lie because his system of numbers reveal that ALLAH = GRACE

bodhitharta
    Participant

Why did ED lie and say that curse = Allah when Grace = Allah?

Because ED is a LIAR when he allows satan to misguide him. He has not studied the Quran and bears false witness and he will have to answer for that sin and so will all that bear false witness. Do you really think that Jesus would be proud that you MAKE UP false accusations because you can not prove your position with actual knowledge?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 09 2010,14:56)
    Why did ED lie and say that curse = Allah when Grace = Allah?

Because ED is a LIAR when he allows satan to misguide him. He has not studied the Quran and bears false witness and he will have to answer for that sin and so will all that bear false witness. Do you really think that Jesus would be proud that you MAKE UP false accusations because you can not prove your position with actual knowledge?

Hi BD,

What is the “Gematria” value of 'allah' in Arabic? You deny it is 66?

karmarie
    Participant

Calm down bod,  

It doesnt prove anything bod, it shows that numbers, ok,  God is greater than numbers, theres the sky the earth animals, creation,…..so numbers dont need to prove anything, we have eyes to see ears to hear air to breathe, all the senses and emotions so, numbers.. im sorry Ed.

And you bod have the scriptures, so just as Ed has chased after numbers you have chased after something else.

Best to stick with the scriptures and creation. Both of you.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 09 2010,11:03)

Quote (karmarie @ June 09 2010,09:11)

Is there one scripture in the entire Bible where God says to Jesus “You are My Son”

In-fact it says

Revelation 21
    7He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

If anyone can be the son of God then of course it is not literal and I have already told you it is an expression of righteousness of a pious servant. Otherwise why would Jesus also be called a servant?

Acts 3:13 (New King James Version)
    13 The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified His Servant Jesus, whom you delivered up and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let Him go.

Acts 3:13 (King James Version)

13The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Acts 3:26 (New King James Version)
    26 To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities.”

Acts 3:26 (King James Version)

26Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Acts 4:27 (New King James Version)
    27 “For truly against Your holy Servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together

Acts 4:27 (King James Version)

27For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,

Acts 4:30 (New King James Version)
    30 by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.

Acts 4:30 (King James Version)

30By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.

Romans 15:8 (New King James Version)
    8 Now I say that Jesus Christ has become a servant to the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made to the fathers,

Romans 15:8 (King James Version)

8Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

What! these two agree a servant is a minister

5 verses is more than enough of a witness to prove this point and to seal this point. look at the same verses do you understand now?

either that or which version is corrupted?

NKJV

Version Information
    Commissioned in 1975 by Thomas Nelson Publishers, 130 respected Bible scholars, church leaders, and lay Christians worked for seven years to create a completely new, modern translation of Scripture, yet one that would retain the purity and stylistic beauty of the original King James. With unyielding faithfulness to the original Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic texts, the translatiors applies the most recent research in archaelology, linguistics, and textual studies.

Guess what I went through several versions Darby, Young's literal… and you will see one will say servant the other will say son.  There is your proof unless you choose to remain blind.

Hi Bod,
    To intervene in your response
    [qoute] Is there one scripture in the entire Bible where God says to Jesus “You are My Son”[/qoute]

Here are several scriptures, including John who was actually there. and bared record.

Matthew 3:16And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
    17And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Mark 1:10And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
    11And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

John 1:
    32And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.
    33And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
    34And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
    35Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;
    36And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!
    37And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.

Between the four gospels, each one was written to a differnt group of people and each one represented Jesus in a certain way. It was proving who he was in several differnt manners.
    yet they all agreed using the same concepts and stories, unlike mark who was in a hurry.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Bod to respond to your scriptures.

1)

Gabriel has revealed this Word of God
    Say: Whoever is an enemy to Gabriel-for he brings down the (revelation) to thy heart by Allah.s will, a confirmation of what went before, and guidance and glad tidings for those who believe,-
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #97)

Gabriel reveals messages? delivers messages he doesnt recite. God inspires his own words. What does this have to do with what i wrote?

2)

When someone accepts an agreement

And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.
    Exodus 24:6-8

You didnt answer my question. You misunderstood it. If Ed J makes a agreement to pay 100 dollars for me to fix his car, and you just come around while walking down the street and jump in trying to fix his car while im on my break, when the agreement was was with me. You can jump within an agreement.

Genesis 9:3-4 (King James Version)
    3Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
    4But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

This means that God had everything in control. This had nothign to do with israel and everything to do with Adam and eve.

“And Allah by His words doth prove and establish His truth, however much the sinners may hate it!”
    ( سورة يونس , Yunus, Chapter #10, Verse #82)

That is because they hate the Revelation of Allah. so He has made their deeds fruitless.
    ( سورة محمد , Muhammad, Chapter #47, Verse #9)

Without love everything that we think we do that is good means nothing

Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #62)

Thank you for showing me the exact scripture that shows the exact contradiction to the whole religion.

Making all contradicting statments true is the death of truth.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ June 09 2010,15:30)
    Calm down bod,  

It doesnt prove anything bod, it shows that numbers, ok,  God is greater than numbers, theres the sky the earth animals, creation,…..so numbers dont need to prove anything, we have eyes to see ears to hear air to breathe, all the senses and emotions so, numbers.. im sorry Ed.

And you bod have the scriptures, so just as Ed has chased after numbers you have chased after something else.

Best to stick with the scriptures and creation. Both of you.

You know in the hebrew language numbers are very important.

Actually there langauage is numbers i believe.
    correct me if im wrong.

but each letter means a number, or a symbolic thing.

Numbers are very important it means alot.

each number represents something about God.
    7 happens to be the number of compelete i think.
    or in other words the number that means perfect.

not sure.

just something to think about karmarie.

=)

karmarie
    Participant

Hi Dennison.

I just dont see how numbers can be used to prove God exists, or to prove what things mean in the Bible. The words are simple to understand, why should there be some mystery? Why do we need proof with numbers when we have all the proof around us?
    One thing leads onto another, this adds up with that, it starts getting really confusing.

Hope your well dennison, hope this forum hasnt worn you out too much like it has with me haha. Too confusing sometimes.

karmarie
    Participant

Ed, the other thing that bugs me is how you say 'I am' means someone is speaking evil, well, God himself said “This is my beloved Son in whom I am pleased”, see the words “I am”?

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 547 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account