WHY

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Stephen
    Participant

If there are all these Christians in the world. Why do they stand-up for what they believe? GOD

Why are so many Christians not willing to share there faith and beliefs about GOD?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Stephen @ Oct. 24 2007,13:10)
    If there are all these Christians in the world. Why do they stand-up for what they believe? GOD

Why are so many Christians not willing to share there faith and beliefs about GOD?

Fear.

Stephen
    Participant

Yes, I understand that but if a “Christian” believes in GOD there should not be anything to fear. Right???

If someone was trying to hurt your family would you fight for them? I thought so.

Then why do “Christians” fight for there FATHER???

Not3in1
    Participant

Stephen – WELCOME

We have 4 “Steve's” here now (Mr. Steve, Steven, Steve and now you – Stephen). Whew! :) I hope I can keep you all straight?

I think the main reason why Christians do not witness is because they are too busy to read the bible! They may attend church twice on Sunday and once on Wednesday night, but they don't read the bible for themselves. Thus, they really don't know what the Word says. They avoid witnessing or standing up for their beliefs……because their not sure what their beliefs truly are.

david
    Participant

First, some do “share their faith and beliefs” and even preach the good news of the kingdom that Jesus fortold would be preached in our time. (mat 24:14)
    But Jesus also said there would be many false Christians, many weeds. Today, we have that. Many say “peace” but go to war. Many say “this is all important information” but then don't share.

Love of God and love of neighbor should motive people with the right heart to share the most wonderful news mankind has ever had.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Stephen @ Oct. 25 2007,06:10)

Although you seem to have answered for yourself the questions you pose already, may I have a go?

Christians are the subject of ridicule because if they are true to the presumed tenets of the faith, they believe ridiculous things. All people try to avoid being mocked so it is a natural human reaction to avoid mockery by staying quiet. These forums are a safe place for people to express their extrordinary claims without too much question, so you will see it expressed here but not in public as much.

What are the mainstream christian churches suffering wholesale abandonment on an unprecedented scale? Some of those are turning to the evangelical churches but most are just not bothering. Why? Partly because christianity (unlike Eastern systems of mythology) demands not only spiritual involvement, but literal belief in impossible events such as virgin birth, life after death and walking on water. Many will call themselves christian and also adopt a rational skepticism about these myths, but if you take away the miracles, why bother with the rest?

The things you read in the bible, they ain't necessarily so.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 25 2007,19:43)
    These forums are a safe place for people to express their extrordinary claims without too much question, so you will see it expressed here but not in public as much.

Yeah like that guy who claims to be a descendant of a monkey who keeps raving about the Cosmos coming from nothing.

:D

kejonn
    Participant

In the 17th century when Blaise Pascal, the great French enlightenment philosopher, was asked by Louis XIV for proof of the supernatural, he answered, “The Jewish people, your Majesty.”

'Nuff said.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Oct. 25 2007,21:10)

These forums are a safe place for people to express their extrordinary claims without too much question, so you will see it expressed here but not in public as much.

Yeah like that guy who claims to be a descendant of a monkey who keeps raving about the Cosmos coming from nothing.

:D

Where did I say we are decendants of monkeys?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Oct. 26 2007,02:29)
    In the 17th century when Blaise Pascal, the great French enlightenment philosopher, was asked by Louis XIV for proof of the supernatural, he answered, “The Jewish people, your Majesty.”

'Nuff said.

Not quite 'nuff said. Are we talking about Pascal the brilliant scientist before 1654 or Pascal the raving religious loony after then? I don't think you can call the older Pascal an enlightenment philosopher when he was essentially a religious apologist with quotes like “Sickness is the natural state of Christians” and cowardly concepts like Pascal's Wager.

Stuart

Stephen
    Participant

Stu are you a believer??????

Not3in1
    Participant

Why?  Because certain things cannot be “proven”?  And you will only believe things that are completely evident and written in some text book?

Will you wake tomorrow morning, Stu?  It's not proven.  But do you have faith that you will?  I'm sure that you do.  :)

Some things, while “proven” and shown to have strong “evidence” cannot be a GIVEN.  There is a degree of faith that everyone must operate in to get up and live everyday.

May I ask you something?  What is your main beef against God's Word that has caused you to not believe any of God's words? That God is a murder? Or that he won't allow homosexuality? Or that there isn't a paper-trail from Creation? What was/is it exactly?

IM4Truth
    Participant

I have been looking for a place to put this. Hope this is O.K. here.

YOU KNOW THE SENARIO–AND IT'S NOT A PRETTY SIGHT. tHE DAY BEGINS BADLY. TENSION FILLS THE AIR. tHE FAMILY IS AT EACH OTHEWRS TROATS. EVEN THE FAMILY PET SEEMS TO HAVE AN ATTITUDE. AN ARGUMENT STARTS. TEMPERS FLARE. ACCUSATION FLY. VIOLENCE ERUPTS AS A PILLOW IS THROWN ACROSS THE ROOM.

WHO CAN REMEDY THIS DEPLORABLE SITUATION? WHO CAN RESCUE THE DAY? WHO CAN RESTORE PEACE AND ORDER, AND THE AMERICAN WAY? WHO, WHO, WHO? ONLY ONE PERSON CAN BRING THIS CHAOS UNDER CONTROL– YOU SUPER MOM.

AND WHAT WEAPONERY WILL YOU USE TO STOP THIS RUSHING WALL OF TENSION THAT THREATENS ALL OF MANKIND? LAUGHTER. YOU FIND THE HUMOR IN THE MOMENT, AND YOU LAUGH.
    WHEN MOM LAUGHS EVERYONE LAUGHS.

OF JOY IS GOOD MEDICINE, THEN THE LAUGHTER OF A MOM IS A MIRACLE CURE. IT SHORT CIRCUITS THE TEMPER, DROWNS THE FIRE OF TENSION, AND CALMS THE TEMPEST.

A HEAVY AIR OF TENSION COVERS OUR SOCIETY. IT CAN SEEP INTO OUR HOME AND POISON THE AIR BEFORE WE KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING.
    BUT IT CANNOT INFILTRATE A HOME FILLED WITH LAUGHTER. SO LAUGH A LOT. LOOK FOR THE LIGHTER SIDE. YOUR LAUGHTER IS INFECTIOUS– IT HEALS AND REFRESHES. IT REMINDS THE FAMILY THAT THINGS ARE NEVER AS BAD AS THE MAY SEEM.

WHERE THERE IS LAUGHTER, HOPE CAN GROW. WHERE THERE IS HOPE FAITH THRIVES. WHERE THERE IS FAITH THE SAVIOR REIGNS. WHERE THE SAVIOR RULES THE HEART, JOY IS MADE COMPLETE.

LET HIS LOVE LIVE IN YOU RICHLY AND LAUGHTER WILL COME EASILY.

NO, YOU WILL NOT ALWAYS LEAP TALL BUILDING IN A SINGLE BOUND, BUT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO LIFT YOUR FAMILY ABOVE THE DAILY STRUGGLES OF LIFE.

SAY, DO YOU ALWAYS WEAR THAT CAP AROUND THE HOUSE?

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Stephen @ Oct. 26 2007,07:39)
    Stu are you a believer??????

Hi Stephen

Well, I believe in truth, at least as close as we can come to it. I believe in the capacity of humans to go good for one another, and for the planet we inhabit. I believe all have a right to oxygen to breathe, food and water and companionship.

I place pretty low on the list of necessities the myth that a man who may or man not have existed died to save you from breaking rules made up by ancient and ignorant middle Eastern tribes. How about you?

Stuart

Samuel
    Participant

Matthew 10:39

He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Ok…this is a very good example of what every Christian needs to do.

According to this scripture If you lose your life for the sake of JESUS CHRIST you will find life.

So, to answer your question…plain and simple they refuse to stand up for JESUS CHRIST by refusing to defend the FAITH of their belief. In this even every Christian should therefore stand up and shout at the top of their lungs:

Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God! This is what Peter said.

Because if you don't this shall be your reward:
    Mark 8:38
    Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Thats why I'm:

Romans 1:16
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Maybe:

Romans 10:11
    For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Maybe its because they don't really believe. I don't know.

Samuel
    Participant

I'm just curious Stu…

What do you honestly think is going to happen when you die?

Do you think thats just gonna be it…Lights out…and no more Stu?

I mean do you honestly not believe in any life after death at all?

Or do you believe in some type of reincarnation process?

IM4Truth
    Participant

Men they are so ignorant when it comes to Mothers. Ha,Ha,ha. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Peace and Love Mrs.

Stu
    Participant

Hi Not3in1

++”Why? Because certain things cannot be “proven”? And you will only believe things that are completely evident and written in some text book?

Well Ira Gershwin could have written “tings you is li’ble to read in de textbook, dey ain’t necessarily so” too. The difference is the contents of a text book will change over time as new knowledge comes to light. The bible hasn’t, and is now factually out-of-date (unless you bend it with extreme interpretation).

++”Will you wake tomorrow morning, Stu? It's not proven. But do you have faith that you will? I'm sure that you do.

I have confidence that I will wake tomorrow based on the evidence that I have done so on all other mornings thus far. One day it won’t happen any more but at the moment the probability is reassuring enough.

++”Some things, while “proven” and shown to have strong “evidence” cannot be a GIVEN. There is a degree of faith that everyone must operate in to get up and live everyday.

I don’t think there is. I think it is very much human nature to attempt to subconsciously calculate (sometimes badly) likelihoods based on past experience. I think very little, or indeed nothing is done on faith alone, except tarot cards, astrology and religion. This has been the subject of another thread, which turned quite dull in the end.

++”May I ask you something? What is your main beef against God's Word that has caused you to not believe any of God's words? That God is a murder? Or that he won't allow homosexuality? Or that there isn't a paper-trail from Creation? What was/is it exactly?

I don’t think I ever believed any of it to begin with. What is believable about it?
    God is depicted as petulant and unpredictably murderous in the OT, it is difficult to put a positive spin on 2,000,000+ (some say as high as 32,000,000) homicides, although some here have tried to justify it. He has been attributed as the cause of more deaths than probably all other fictional characters put together.
    Not withstanding the philosophical question of why a creator would create homosexuality in humans and other animals then condemn it, I don’t give a fig about whether “god allows” homosexuality or not, it is irrelevant except to the extent that some religious lunatics have caused great suffering for gays, who as far as I can tell only want to live their own private lives they way they choose. As for creation myths, they can’t all be right, and I think the evidence says all of them are wrong.

Thank you for asking!

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Oct. 26 2007,18:24)
    I'm just curious Stu…

What do you honestly think is going to happen when you die?

Do you think thats just gonna be it…Lights out…and no more Stu?

I mean do you honestly not believe in any life after death at all?

Or do you believe in some type of reincarnation process?

Hi Samuel

Are you looking forward to a life hearafter on which every day you spend the whole time giving praise? As Christopher Hitchens would say, why don't you try living in North Korea – that's what the people there spend most of their days doing – praising the “Dear Leader”. At least they can escape by dying!

Yes, it's game over for Stu when he dies. I am quite keen for that to be a long time from now, but when it happens I will be comforted by the fact that it is the end – eternal life would be like music that never comes to a final resolving chord, it would mean that all of life (whatever it is) would lose the meaning and urgency that a final death gives it.

Stuart

IM4Truth
    Participant

Stuart Time really goes fast, you might not think so right now, believe me life is just a vapor. And then you have no hope for nothing, that is rather sad. And I said it before I feel really sorry for you. Why take the chance? Would you rather be dead then alive in the future. To me it makes no sense. I will keep on praying for you and others on this website it sure is needed.

Bless you

Peace and Love Mrs.. :D :D :D

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account