Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,821 through 1,840 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 30 2008,12:17)
    Hi not3,
    Yes just as ordinary men came from the breath of God
    and prophets were ordinary men changed by God.

But remember, I'm not the one who is differentiating between common men (including Moses and the prophets), God's word does. So there must be a difference. Again, I ask you, what could this difference be?

Before he spoke through the prophets….now he speaks through his Son.

Before Moses was a servant over the house….now Jesus is a Son over the house.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    OT
    now
    NT

Not3in1
    Participant

Ah yes, but there's more……..

There was a reason that Moses was the servant and Jesus is the Son.

We are talking about the nature and person of Jesus Christ. What was the difference between the nature and person of Moses and Jesus Christ?

Their sonship was certainly different. Did the difference in their sonship directly corrolate with their respective covenants only?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    The son was sent to inherit the estate of men and become the anointed prophet that Moses spoke of.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 30 2008,04:38)

Quote (942767 @ May 24 2008,11:47)

Quote (gollamudi @ May 19 2008,19:16)
    Hi Seek,
    If the word was a spirit being then it must have been God also according to Jn1:1; You mean to say there were two Gods in the beginning? How about monotheism? That is where all the trinitarians mistaken and created a second person in the Godhead. In the beginning there was only one God in Genesis 1:1 not two or three. That one God created this universe through His spoken word. Please read Ps 33:6.
    You can not separate God's word from Him as you can not separate your words from you because your words are none but you.
        If Jesus was a spirit being what was he? was he an angel or God?. Pl. read Heb 2:14-18 (NASV). He did not have taken the nature of angels but the nature of the seed of Abraham. In all respects he was made like us not God or an angel.
    In Col 1:15-19 , Paul was talking about Jesus's superiority over all created things not that he himself is the creator. All things were created dia(through) him not by him and on account of him. God the Father created everything keeping Jesus His son in mind and for him.
    Please don't confuse using such verses only, see the over all concept of God of the Bible.
    Peace to you.
    Adam

Hi Brother:

Just want to say God Bless you and to say Amen to your post.

I second that AMEN!

:)
    Mandy

Thank you sis, it's all God's guidence and your encouragement.
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 30 2008,16:54)

We are talking about the nature and person of Jesus Christ.  What was the difference between the nature and person of Moses and Jesus Christ?

Their sonship was certainly different.  Did the difference in their sonship directly corrolate with their respective covenants only?

Hi not3,
    Both Moses and Jesus were servants of God.
    Acts 3:13
    ” The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus, the one whom you delivered and disowned in the presence of Pilate, when he had decided to release Him.'

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 31 2008,16:44)

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 30 2008,16:54)

We are talking about the nature and person of Jesus Christ.  What was the difference between the nature and person of Moses and Jesus Christ?

Their sonship was certainly different.  Did the difference in their sonship directly corrolate with their respective covenants only?

Hi not3,
    Both Moses and Jesus were servants of God.
    Acts 3:13
    ” The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus, the one whom you delivered and disowned in the presence of Pilate, when he had decided to release Him.'

Sure, he was the annointed servant. However, he was also something that the rest of the “servants” were not……

A son can still be a servant, however a servant is not necessarily a son.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    He has roles appointed above all men and angels.
    He is the head of the church.

Not3in1
    Participant

I agree with you. But that has really nothing to do with what we are talking about.

But I can use what you are saying and say that Moses would not have had “roles” that would be above angels. Again, Jesus' position is different. What is the difference? You like to compare him to Moses, but obviously there is no comparison.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Is Moses among the sons of God?
    They too are above the angels.

Heb1
    13But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

14Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Not3in1
    Participant

Jesus was made a little lower than the angels.  How is it that Moses could be “above” the angels?

Besides, this passage you quoted is directed at Jesus.  The Son of God had a unique call on his life that didn't apply to other “sons” of God.

Moses could not save us.  
    He didn't even get to pass over into the promise land.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    All who are in Christ enjoy his blessings.
    We are with him.
    Col3
    1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Not3in1
    Participant

I agree with the scriptures you are quoting, but I believe we are getting a bit off topic.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Do you not agree we will enjoy the blessed kingdom alongside other sons of God -Abraham, David, Isaac and John?

Matthew 8:11
    And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

Not3in1
    Participant

What does that have to do with the difference in sonship between Moses and Jesus while on earth?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Angels ministered to Christ and now to those in him.

Not3in1
    Participant

For some wierd reason on the board it is showing Nick as having the last post on this thread right now, but I do?  Hm, just posting this to see if it will change?  Little glitch in the system or something….

Oops it caught up – everythings OK now.

Not3in1
    Participant

Nick
    OK, but I still think we are straying off topic a bit.

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 31 2008,18:23)
    Nick
    OK, but I still think we are straying off topic a bit.

Mandy! You understand so much, but I don't get why you don't take Col. 1:15-18 and Rev. 3:14 the way it is written? Also look up the meaning of preeminence. First in all. Firstborn of all creation and firstborn of the dead. Now He does sit at the right hand of the Father the most High God, God Almighty, the highest position next to the Father. But the Father always being above all.
    Peace and Love Irene

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi seek,
    When was Jesus first born? if so what form, an angel or some spirit? Was he created? as you have quoted Col 1:15-18 and Rev 3:14, you mean Jesus was pre-existing in some form as I have questioned above. If so he must be an immortal in that form. Then how he has taken mortal form like us? Is it not against God's own creation?
    You have mentioned that Jesus is sitting with God the Father at right hand, yes it is his present positon not an existing postion. Please understand the scriptures clearly. Don't imagine things in that way.
    Peace to You.
    Adam

Viewing 20 posts - 1,821 through 1,840 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account