Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,801 through 1,820 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Jesus emptied himself of any advantages he inherited. He *became* like you and me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Amen not3,
    Before he partook of our fleshly estate.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 30 2008,06:26)
    Amen not3,

I don't agree.

He emptied himself of these privileges after he shared in our humanity. Otherwise, how could he be like us? He certainly didn't come to help the angels but Abe's decendants.

Philip. 2
    …..being found as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient……

It was *after* he realized he was a man that he humbled himself. He didn't already have the knowledge of his humanity and then decide to relinquish his privileges.

Not3in1
    Participant

I also wanted to add that Jesus was exhaulted to the “highest place” because he obeyed.

If he already existed, did he exist on a lower plane that that of the one he was awarded for good behavior? If not, what would be the bonus is being exhaulted?

dirtyknections
    Participant

all power and authority in the heavens and earth…is given by god..me saying he has divine attributes is not me saying that he is the SOURCE of those attributes..i'm simply acknowledging that he had those attributes

dirtyknections
    Participant

His obediance…in this regard was also necessary for him to be a good king and judge…how can you judge someone based on their actions as a human if you have no idea what it is like to be a human…It indeed was a lesson in humility and obediance…note also at Revelation 7 and 14…the 144,000 that were taken to be kings, priests, and judges, were also taken from the earth…everybody mentioned in the bible who is said to take part in the judging of the earth…knows intimately what it is like to be a human existing in a lower form

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DK,
    He went further and ascribed those attributes to God.
    We too can partake of the Spirit and the powers and fruits thereof.[Gal5, 1Cor12]

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 30 2008,06:42)

Amen not3,

I don't agree.

He emptied himself of these privileges after he shared in our humanity.  Otherwise, how could he be like us?  He certainly didn't come to help the angels but Abe's decendants.

Philip. 2

It was *after* he realized he was a man that he humbled himself.  He didn't already have the knowledge of his humanity and then decide to relinquish his privileges.

Hi not3,
    Was the infant in the manger a greater form of man?
    Is emptying himself the same as humbling himself?
    Phil 2 suggests they are separate things.

dirtyknections
    Participant

The fact that he acscribed those attributes GOD does not mean that he did not possess them

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DK,
    From when?
    He only revealed the powers and knowledge of God from the Jordan.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Exactly…what are we debating here…maybe i'm lost ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DK,
    Did Jesus not truly empty himself but brought his own powers and knowledge with him?
    Acts 10.28 seems to disagree.

dirtyknections
    Participant

hey nick..

No..jesus did not bring anything with him..because during the time Mary was concieved up until his baptism…he was not fully aware of his pre-existence…nor did he possess the divine attributes that his father later blessed him with by means of the holy spirit…So for approx 30 years Jesus was completely emptied..but upon his baptism, “the heavens opened up” and “gods holy spirit fell upon him”

By I don't understand how you are using Acts 10:28

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 30 2008,07:14)

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 30 2008,06:42)

Amen not3,

I don't agree.

He emptied himself of these privileges after he shared in our humanity.  Otherwise, how could he be like us?  He certainly didn't come to help the angels but Abe's decendants.

Philip. 2

It was *after* he realized he was a man that he humbled himself.  He didn't already have the knowledge of his humanity and then decide to relinquish his privileges.

Hi not3,
    Was the infant in the manger a greater form of man?
    Is emptying himself the same as humbling himself?
    Phil 2 suggests they are separate things.

Hi Nick,

You and I have been here before.

God sent a host of angels to announce Jesus' birth!  Now that is some announcement, don't you think?  Did he do such a thing for such great sons as Abe or Moses?  Why not?  Because they were not born a King.  How could Jesus be born a King?

It's like I've said before, it's all about Who's Your Daddy!

Regardless of what Jesus “emptied” himself of, the fact of the matter is – there was something for him to deny in order to be one of us!  What do you think that was?  His knowledge of his past life?  I hardly believe this and the reason I don't is that there are no clear teachings on a prior life he had with God.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Hey 3in1…

Think about this…part of what Jesus had to deny was the power and glory that god had already given him..remember…Jesus was already in a revered place in heaven..before he came to earth… thats why its ok to say he “humbled himself and took the form of men'' likewise its ok he “emptied” himself…remember Jesus had the wonderful priveledge of being Gods master work, his only begotten son, the “word of God” and so on…so gave up, denied, humbled, emptied…a whole lot BEFORE he came to earth

dirtyknections
    Participant

edit*** so he gave up***

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ May 30 2008,08:07)
    hey nick..

No..jesus did not bring anything with him..because during the time Mary was concieved up until his baptism…he was not fully aware of his pre-existence…nor did he possess the divine attributes that his father later blessed him with by means of the holy spirit…So for approx 30 years Jesus was completely emptied..but upon his baptism, “the heavens opened up” and “gods holy spirit fell upon him”

By I don't understand how you are using Acts 10:28

Hi DK,
    He was an ordinary man transformed by the Spirit of God.
    We can follow such a man.

dirtyknections
    Participant

hey nick…

I agree

Not3in1
    Participant

Ordinary men are conceived by God's holy spirit and given birth through a virgin?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Yes just as ordinary men came from the breath of God
    and prophets were ordinary men changed by God.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,801 through 1,820 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account