Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hello cube.

Is Adam one Echad?
    Malachi 2:15; Genesis 1:26-28

How many persons are there in Adam?
    Hint -there are over six billion persons of the 'one' -echad- Adam, alive on earth at this present time; so really, the persons in Adam are uncountable, to you and me.

How many Persons are there revealed in scripture in
    “YHWH, the Elohim of Israel, the one (echad) YHWH?

Hint; Father, Word, Spirit.

quote me; “in Zechariah 2, that One Person, who is identifying Himself as YHWH of hosts says that YHWH of hosts sent Him.

“8 For thus says the Lord of hosts:

Then you will know that the Lord of hosts has sent Me.

For behold, I am coming and I will dwell in your midst,” says the Lord.

Then you will know that the Lord of hosts has sent Me to you.

So you have two Persons, YHWH of hosts, one sent, the other sends.” unquote me

One comes, the other does not come, One is always here.

The Angel of YHWH is not a created being, but the messenger of YHWH when He comes out from His throne to appear to man and interact with man, but not in His glory, as Isaiah and Ezekiel saw Him, in Isaiah 6 and Ezekiel 1-11.

That the Messenger of YHWH is the eternally self existant YHWH: and that He is YHWH of hosts is without question in many passages of the scriptures.”

One that I would like to call your attention to is Hosea 12:3-5, and that Angel -‘messenger‘- YHWH, with whom Jacob wrestled for the blessing is YHWH of hosts; ‘I AM THAT I AM.’ who gave Jacob His New Creation Man name ‘Israel’ (Isaiah 49), as a sign of the promise of adoption -in His New Man image, to come.

Hsa 12:2 The LORD hath also a controversy with Judah, and will punish Jacob according to his ways; according to his doings will he recompense him.

Hsa 12:3 He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had power with God:

Hsa 12:4 Yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto him: he found him [in] Bethel, and there he spake with us;

Hsa 12:5 Even the LORD God of hosts; the LORD [is] his memorial.
    Jacob wrestled with YHWH of hosts, whose memorial is “I AM THAT I AM”

Jacob did not wrestle with the Father. He wrestled, by the word of scripture, with YHWH of hosts, in the second Person.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ July 22 2005,17:47)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 22 2005,09:05)

Quote (Guest @ July 22 2005,08:35)
    Jesus said “when two or more are gathered in my name I will be there”. God can be in more than one place at any one time Nick. Don't you know this?

Hi S,
    So was Jesus speaking of himself or God, his Father?  He is not that God, but said he is the Son of God. Do you believe him?
    He was speaking of His Spirit, the portion of the Spirit of God that was in Him and then poured in his name by the Father into his body on earth-the Church.

Indeed, though, as Paul told the Athenians

Acts 17.27
    “.that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and exist”

But he also told us to pray to our God and his God
    “Our Father, who art in heaven..”

When the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters in Gen 1.2 was that the third member of a triumvirate god or was it the Spirit of God as it says?

When the angel told Mary “the Holy Spirit will come upon you and the power of the Most High will overshadow you” who was to be the Father of the Child if they are separate persons?

Hello Nick,
    Is Adam the father of 'all' his seed you included? -yes, of course, but the Creator wrote the plan for each separate person who was to come forth from the Adam that He would make, and whom He would  make 'one' =echad (as the 'repeated' as an echo 'one' that YHWH, the Elohim, is the only 'one' 'echad' of), in the image and likeness of God; for He sought a godly, elohim, seed, by making 'them' (Adam) one (echad)-Genesis 1:26-28; Malachi 2:15, and we all have God as our Father, and we all have Adam as our father, and we are all the one Adam.

Jesus The Christ is not the biological son of Adam, but is the Son of the Father, as a human being flesh body, only, for He did not have a beginning, as to His being YHWH of hosts in that human body, and is without Father, without mother, without beginning of days and without genealogy, as the HOly Spirit wrote through the author of Hebrews to us in Hebrews 7. He has no beginning, as to days, no genealogy, no Father, no mother. He was not a created being, but is, as the Word declares, YHWH of hosts in the secodn man human body which is the only human son of the Father by creation as to His body, now: think about this;

If “YHWH, the Elohim who is One YHWH”, is the Father of the
    monogenes, Jesus, The Christ, how is it that He had another son, Adam, first, and does not acknowledge him, now? -for 'he' (all we are Adam, the 'one; Genesis 5:2) 'is dead (though he exists), to the Father, and is spiritually dead to the Spirit indwelling, of the Presence of His glory.

How is it that YHWH called Abraham's 'second born' son, Isaac, the “monogenes” son of Abraham;
    “thy son,  [01121]    ben  
    thine only  [03173]    yachiyd” [son]:”,  

'yachiyd' means the same as the Greek 'monogenes', said of the Son of God who was YHWH from heaven in a 'second' human being body, but that human flesh body is now the yachiyd, the monogenes, although the Creator, Elohim the echad YHWH prepared a human body from the dust of the earth, as his first human son, and he was his only monogenes, when he was created.

The second human body (prepared in the womb of the virgin) was not from the seed of Adam, we see, but was a second human being body which was created as the second 'Adam' -prepared (made) as the first Adam was, by the Creator, but not from the dust of this creation, but a New creation and placed in the womb of the virgin as a 'seed', to .

YHWH, the Elohim of Israel, the One YHWH, has two human sons; but He only acknowledges the second one as His
    yachiyd” , the monogenes.

In His flesh of humanity, the Christ, Yeshua, YHWH of hosts, 'is come' down from His created throne in heaven, (Isaiah chapter 6; John 12:37-41) to be the yachiyd (monogenes) human son of the Father who inherits the blessing of the Firstborn, as the only begotten, though He is not the only one, as Issac was not the only one of Abraham aqnd is exalted, as a human being in flesh, above all and sits at the 'right hand' of the Creator in His human risen, glorified body.

The inheritance of the earth, Adam's dominion, is the inheritance of the Firstborn, and there is a New Firstborn, who is YHWH of hosts, come in the second human flesh body prepared by YHWH, in the Person of His Spirit, in the womb   of the virgin.

yachiyd=monogenes;
    1) only, only one, solitary, one
    a) only, unique, one
    b) solitary
    c) (TWOT) only begotten son

Israel the only one, the unique one, of the Father. Isaiah 49 shows us His name as a human being flesh Son of Man

Adam was the only one of the Father when he was created, as to His being, and from the one being, Adam, there are many persons.

YHWH the Elohim of Israel is the only one of His being, and in Adam all die, in Him, the Christ, all are made alive -but to be in Him one must be born again, in His image, the image of the New Man.

Hi,
    Scripture says Jesus was conceived and thus is of Mary too as flesh.
    Lk 1.31
    “And behold you will CONCEIVE in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name him Jesus”
    Mt.1.20
    “..for the child who has been CONCEIVED in her is of the Holy Spirit”
    Lk 2.21
    “..his name was then called Jesus, the name given by the angel before he was CONCEIVED in the womb”

Jesus is truly a son of David.

The verse from Heb 7 1f about Melchizedek does not Ssay the Son of God had no Father or mother-those contradict scripture.The similarity is at the end of the verse
    “..but made like the Son of God he remains a priest forever”

It refers to the perpetual priesthood of Jesus Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ July 22 2005,21:59)
    Hello cube.

Is Adam one Echad?

Hint -there are over six billion persons of the 'one' -echad- Adam,  alive on earth at this present time; so really, the persons in Adam are uncountable, to you and me.

“YHWH, the  Elohim of Israel, the one (echad) YHWH?

quote me; “in Zechariah 2, that One Person, who is identifying Himself as YHWH of hosts says that YHWH of hosts sent Him.

The Angel of YHWH is not a created being, but the messenger of YHWH when He comes out from His throne to appear to man and interact with man, but not in His glory, as Isaiah and Ezekiel saw Him, in Isaiah 6 and Ezekiel 1-11.

That the Messenger of  YHWH is the eternally self existant YHWH: and that He is YHWH of hosts is without question in many passages of the scriptures.”

One that I would like to call your attention to is Hosea 12:3-5, and that Angel -‘messenger‘- YHWH, with  whom Jacob wrestled for the blessing is YHWH of hosts; ‘I AM THAT I AM.’ who gave Jacob His New Creation Man name ‘Israel’ (Isaiah 49), as a sign of the promise of adoption -in His New Man image, to come.

Hsa 12:2 The LORD hath also a controversy with Judah, and will punish Jacob according to his ways; according to his doings will he recompense him.

Hsa 12:3 He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had power with God:

Hsa 12:4 Yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto him: he found him [in] Bethel, and there he spake with us;

Jacob did not wrestle with the Father. He wrestled, by the word of scripture, with YHWH of hosts, in the second Person.

HI,
    Indeed there are two, not three

One who sends-the Father
    One who is sent-The Son

And the one who comes in the one who is sent?
    The Father as His Spirit

Is 48.16
    “..From the time it took place I was there and now the Lord has sent me, AND HIS SPIRIT”

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ July 22 2005,21:57)

Quote (Cubes @ July 22 2005,20:19)

Quote (Guest @ July 22 2005,04:30)
    Actually, He didn't complete his sentence :D

Hello,
    You got the First Person and the Second Person down real well; but You left the third Person out!

From the Father, through the WORD -who came to inhabit human flesh as the Son of God (who had no beginning, no genealogy, no Father, no mother, as YHWH of hosts, the Word of God)

And  By the Spirit.

Job 26:13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

By,
    by
    by, His Spirit.

Three in One -Israel’s “YHWH ‘our’ Elohim, who is One YHWH”.

He was not named Jesus Christ in His Pre-incarnation, for He was the Word of the LORD who framed the heavens by His spirit.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Acts 17: 28 “For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.”

Hi IAR:

If you follow the trail in the OT and NT, you'll find that “GOD” leads to the Father only, one individual.  It is not to say that Jesus is not the Mighty God of John 1:1 who is with the Almighty and Most High of GOD of all.

Now whatever God does, he does by his Spirit through Christ.
    And whatever Christ does, he does by the Spirit of God his Father, to the glory of the Father.  
    The Father gives his Spirit to those that are his, by which his will is accomplished.  And Christ is God's.

You don't count your spirit as another person, do you?  Do people relate to your spirit in one way and to you in another way?

Mat 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

When Jesus says, “God,” he means his God and Father and the Apostles understood him to mean that.

Hello cube.

Is Adam one Echad?

Hint; there are over six billion persons of the 'one' -echad- Adam,  alive on earth at this present time; so really, the persons in Adam are uncountable, to you and me.

“YHWH, the  Elohim of Israel, the one (echad) YHWH?

The Angel of YHWH is not a created being, but the messenger of YHWH when He comes -in the Old Testament- out from His throne to appear to man and interact with man, but not in His glory, as Isaiah and Ezekiel saw Him, in Isaiah 6 and Ezekiel 1-11.

That the Messenger of  YHWH is the eternally self existant YHWH: and that He is YHWH of hosts is without question in many passages of the scriptures.

One that I would like to call your attention to is Hosea 12:3-5, and that Angel -‘messenger‘- YHWH, with  whom Jacob wrestled for the blessing, is YHWH of hosts; ‘I AM THAT I AM.’ who gave Jacob His New Creation Man name, ‘Israel’ (Isaiah 49), as a sign of the promise of adoption -in His New Man image, to come.

Hi,
    Zech 2.8
    ” For thus says the Lord of Hosts
    'after glory He has sent me against the nations which plunder you, for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye. For behold I will wave my hand over them so they will be plunder for their slaves. Then you will know that the Lord of Hosts has sent me. Sing for joy and be glad O daughter of Zion;for behold I am coming and I will dwell in your midst', declares the Lord
    'Many nations will join themselves to the Lord in that day and will become My people. Then I will dwell in your midst, and you will know that the Lord of Hosts has sent me to you.”

Who declares these things? The Father, the only Lord of Hosts
    Who is sent? The Son
    Who will dwell in the midst of the people of God? The Lord of Hosts.
    How? In the Son of God by His Spirit.

No confusion here
    One God
    One servant Son, the vessel for God, the Lord of hosts.

Anonymous

Let me break it down for you Nick:

Zech 2.8

[everything that follows was said by the Lord of Hosts Nick:

'after glory He has sent me

[The Lord of Hosts was 'sent' Nick]

against the nations which plunder you, for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye. For behold I will wave my hand over them so they will be plunder for their slaves. Then you will know that the Lord of Hosts has sent me. Sing for joy and be glad O daughter of Zion;for behold I am coming and I will dwell in your midst', declares the Lord

[The Lord of Hosts “declared” He was coming Nick]

'Many nations will join themselves to the Lord in that day and will become My people. Then I will dwell in your midst

[The Lord of Hosts will personally dwell in their midst Nick]

, and you will know that the Lord of Hosts has sent me to you.”

Yes it is simple Nick. There is a Lord of Hosts that sends and one that is sent. Your interpretation is confusing and erroneous.

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 22 2005,22:08)

Quote (Guest @ July 22 2005,17:47)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 22 2005,09:05)

Quote (Guest @ July 22 2005,08:35)
    Jesus said “when two or more are gathered in my name I will be there”. God can be in more than one place at any one time Nick. Don't you know this?

Hi S,
    So was Jesus speaking of himself or God, his Father?  He is not that God, but said he is the Son of God. Do you believe him?
    He was speaking of His Spirit, the portion of the Spirit of God that was in Him and then poured in his name by the Father into his body on earth-the Church.

Indeed, though, as Paul told the Athenians

Acts 17.27
    “.that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and exist”

But he also told us to pray to our God and his God
    “Our Father, who art in heaven..”

When the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters in Gen 1.2 was that the third member of a triumvirate god or was it the Spirit of God as it says?

When the angel told Mary “the Holy Spirit will come upon you and the power of the Most High will overshadow you” who was to be the Father of the Child if they are separate persons?

Hello Nick,
    Is Adam the father of 'all' his seed you included? -yes, of course, but the Creator wrote the plan for each separate person who was to come forth from the Adam that He would make, and whom He would  make 'one' =echad (as the 'repeated' as an echo 'one' that YHWH, the Elohim, is the only 'one' 'echad' of), in the image and likeness of God; for He sought a godly, elohim, seed, by making 'them' (Adam) one (echad)-Genesis 1:26-28; Malachi 2:15, and we all have God as our Father, and we all have Adam as our father, and we are all the one Adam.

Jesus The Christ is not the biological son of Adam, but is the Son of the Father, as a human being flesh body, only, for He did not have a beginning, as to His being YHWH of hosts in that human body, and is without Father, without mother, without beginning of days and without genealogy, as the HOly Spirit wrote through the author of Hebrews to us in Hebrews 7. He has no beginning, as to days, no genealogy, no Father, no mother. He was not a created being, but is, as the Word declares, YHWH of hosts in the secodn man human body which is the only human son of the Father by creation as to His body, now: think about this;

If “YHWH, the Elohim who is One YHWH”, is the Father of the
    monogenes, Jesus, The Christ, how is it that He had another son, Adam, first, and does not acknowledge him, now? -for 'he' (all we are Adam, the 'one; Genesis 5:2) 'is dead (though he exists), to the Father, and is spiritually dead to the Spirit indwelling, of the Presence of His glory.

How is it that YHWH called Abraham's 'second born' son, Isaac, the “monogenes” son of Abraham;
    “thy son,  [01121]    ben  
    thine only  [03173]    yachiyd” [son]:”,  

'yachiyd' means the same as the Greek 'monogenes', said of the Son of God who was YHWH from heaven in a 'second' human being body, but that human flesh body is now the yachiyd, the monogenes, although the Creator, Elohim the echad YHWH prepared a human body from the dust of the earth, as his first human son, and he was his only monogenes, when he was created.

The second human body (prepared in the womb of the virgin) was not from the seed of Adam, we see, but was a second human being body which was created as the second 'Adam' -prepared (made) as the first Adam was, by the Creator, but not from the dust of this creation, but a New creation and placed in the womb of the virgin as a 'seed', to .

YHWH, the Elohim of Israel, the One YHWH, has two human sons; but He only acknowledges the second one as His
    yachiyd” , the monogenes.

In His flesh of humanity, the Christ, Yeshua, YHWH of hosts, 'is come' down from His created throne in heaven, (Isaiah chapter 6; John 12:37-41) to be the yachiyd (monogenes) human son of the Father who inherits the blessing of the Firstborn, as the only begotten, though He is not the only one, as Issac was not the only one of Abraham aqnd is exalted, as a human being in flesh, above all and sits at the 'right hand' of the Creator in His human risen, glorified body.

The inheritance of the earth, Adam's dominion, is the inheritance of the Firstborn, and there is a New Firstborn, who is YHWH of hosts, come in the second human flesh body prepared by YHWH, in the Person of His Spirit, in the womb   of the virgin.

yachiyd=monogenes;
    1) only, only one, solitary, one
    a) only, unique, one
    b) solitary
    c) (TWOT) only begotten son

Israel the only one, the unique one, of the Father. Isaiah 49 shows us His name as a human being flesh Son of Man

Adam was the only one of the Father when he was created, as to His being, and from the one being, Adam, there are many persons.

YHWH the Elohim of Israel is the only one of His being, and in Adam all die, in Him, the Christ, all are made alive -but to be in Him one must be born again, in His image, the image of the New Man.

Hi,
    Scripture says Jesus was conceived and thus is of Mary too as flesh.
    Lk 1.31
    “And behold you will CONCEIVE in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name him Jesus”
    Mt.1.20
    “..for the child who has been CONCEIVED in her is of the Holy Spirit”
    Lk 2.21
    “..his name was then called Jesus, the name given by the angel before he was CONCEIVED in the womb”

Jesus is truly a son of David.

The verse from Heb 7 1f about Melchizedek does not Ssay the Son of God had no Father or mother-those contradict scripture.The similarity is at the end of the verse
    “..but made like the Son of God he remains a priest forever”

It refers to the perpetual priesthood of Jesus Christ.

Hello Nick,
    Adam was 'conceived' from the dust of this earth; that is, his body was formed, made, prepared, from the elements of this creation to be a house of clay for his living soul to inhabit.

The Second 'Adam', the Last Man, was conceived 'in' not 'from' the womb of the virgin, to be a legal kinsman to Adam and the legal heir to David's throne, which throne blessing given to David is the blessing of the Firstborn (who was to come).

“A body thou hast prepared Me”

The Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary and a 'seed' was prepared in 'Her' for YHWH of hosts to incarnate.

THe Creator could have made the New Man body without a womb, and full grown, as Adam was made, using nothing of the cursed dust of this creation, and then, though He would have been human, He would have not had the legal right to David's throne or legal right, as Adam's Kinsman, to redeem Adam and inherit the kingdom -earth.

Woman has no seed. Mary provided the womb, but if she had provided anythi
    ng from the dust of this creation, the body formed would have been of the cursed dust and would not have been spotless and blameless, but would have had corruption in it.

Mary was the mother of His human flesh, but the Word of God declares that the Son of God, the One born of Mary, has no mother, no father, no genealogy, no beginning of days, and the Holy Spirit left Melchedezedek's genealogy off for the express purpose of makinf Melchezedek a TYPE of the 'Son of God' born of Mary, who has no beginning of days, no Father (He is Son only in His humanity, not in His eternally self existent state of being, YHWH of hosts), no mother no genealogy.

The man, Melchedezek, is obviously dead, for he was of Adam, but as to the purpose of typing the Son of God, the Holy Sprit says to us;

The King of Righteousness
    (Gen. 14:17-20)
    7 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him,
    2 to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated “king of righteousness,” and then also king of Salem, meaning “king of peace,”
    3 without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, , remains a priest continually.

3 without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life but made like the Son of God.

'Made like' aphomoioo {af-om-oy-o'-o}

1) to cause a model to pass off into an image or shape like it

2) to express itself in it, to copy

3) to produce a facsimile

4) to be made like, render similar.

The facsimile is not the real thing, the shadow is not the substance; The substance, in this typing, is the Son of God; the Son of God, has no beginning of days, no Father, no mother”

Anonymous

*bump*

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 22 2005,21:59)

Quote (Guest @ July 22 2005,17:57)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 22 2005,08:52)

Quote (Guest @ July 22 2005,08:30)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 22 2005,02:19)
    Thomas rightly recognised the vessel and the contents and worshipped God.

Nick Hassan,
    If being a vessel for the Holy Spirit is qualification enough for being addressed as “My Lord and my God” can all spirit-filled christians rightly be addressed in like manner?

If not, why not?

Hi ,
    Of course not square,
    For only of one, Jesus Christ, is it said in Coll 1.19
    “For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell IN HIM”

Nick,
    You said;
    “Hi ,

“For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell IN HIM”

And then you said;
    “Hi S,

He was speaking of His Spirit, the portion of the Spirit of God that was in Him… “

So was all the fullness dwelling in Him, the Son, or was He only given a portion of His spirit to dwell in Him, the Son?
    Which is it? It cannot be both, – which is it scripturally?

Hi,
    God is in heaven.

The “fullness” includes
    the full expression of God's nature
    “the exact representation of His nature” Heb 1.3
    and all of the powers and wisdom of God
    which are then distributed among us who share the body.

Jesus expressed all the gifts and powers of the Holy Spirit which are individualised in 1Cor 12-love, forbearance, hope, faith, teaching, prophecy, healing, knowledge, wisdom, miracles, distinguishing of spirits etc

No man has had all the powers and gifts since then as the body is meant to work together as his body now.

For [3754] hoti
    in [1722] en
    him [846] autos
    dwelleth [2730] katoikeo5719: Present Active Indicative
    all [3956] pas
    the fulnessClick to do Phrase Search on 'the fulness'[4138] pleroma
    of the GodheadClick to do Phrase Search on 'of the Godhead'[2320] theotes
    bodily. [4985] somatikos

Nick,
    Your answer is not an answer.

How can Jesus Christ have all the fullness of the Godhead dwelling in Him, bodily, and yet have only a portion of the Spirit in Him? You said both.
    H-M-M?

Actually, Adam was made in the image and likeness of God, the Elohim, and made 'one' echad; and made triune in His being, for man is a living soul who will etrnally exist (in heaven or hell) from the time of coming into being; and the living soul has a spirit and inhabits a body.

But the Second Adam, the New Man was the 'Living Spirit'; YHWH of hosts, Himself, from heaven,in the second Person, who came to inhabit the New Man human body forever.

And that New Man is the Man who is now in the image and likeness of God, the Creator, who replaces Adam as the Temple of the YHWH for His Presence of His glory to inhabit forever in the regeneration.
    -And we must be born again in His image if we will inherit the kingdom of the Firstborn with Him, as the New Man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ July 22 2005,23:07)

Zech 2.8

against the nations which plunder you, for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye. For behold I will wave my hand over them so they will be plunder for their slaves. Then you will know that the Lord of Hosts has sent me. Sing for joy and be glad O daughter of Zion;for behold I am coming and I will dwell in your midst', declares the Lord

'Many nations will join themselves to the Lord in that day and will become My people. Then I will dwell in your midst

[The Lord of Hosts will personally dwell in their midst  Nick]

Yes it is simple Nick. There is a Lord of Hosts that sends and one that is sent. Your interpretation is confusing and erroneous.

Whoa S,

The Lord of Hosts did not say He sent Himself.

That is nonsense.

One may go or be sent but who sends himself?

When is a sender also the one who is sent as you suggest it says here?

Who is the “me” who is sent?

If God sent Himself He would have said “myself”

Not the Lord of Hosts[which is a name exclusive to the Father ]who is the sender.

It is the Word of God here speaking of his mission.

He quotes His Father, and quotation marks are seen here, as saying that he is sent.

Certainly the Father visited His people revealed in the vessel of the Son of God. He will dwell also with his people again, as he dwelled with the Israelites in the Desert, in the Temple of the Son of God.

“God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself”.2Cor 5.19

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God is in heaven.

Can a man fully contain all there is of God?

No.

But all of the nature of God lived in Christ as Spirit. He revealed God to men .

Jesus Christ partook of flesh and flesh is of the dust. He was like to us ia all ways except sin so his flesh was as our flesh. As “outer man” or “tent” he was unremarkable and like any of us

It was only as “inner man” the second Adam, the man from heaven, that he was unique as the only begotten son of God recognised as such only by demons and those who had the eyes of the Spirit and could “see”.

He was of the dust of Mary, conceived in his fleshly body, a true son of David.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ July 23 2005,16:59)
    Hint -there are over six billion persons of the 'one' -echad- Adam, alive on earth at this present time; so really, the persons in Adam are uncountable, to you and me.

It is one thing to be in Adam and quite another to be Adam.
    It is one thing to be in God and quite another to be God.

You see Adam and his offspring all share the nature of man.
    God and his offspring can receive divine (godly) nature.

Nature and identity are two different things. I have often said that if men knew the difference, they wouldn't fall prey to the doctrines of men that cannot distinguish between nature and identity.

We are men in nature, but our identities are different.
    The Father is the only true God (in identity). There are many who partake in God's nature. Jesus is different in identity to God. But Jesus was begotten of God and has God's nature. Jesus is a divine being, but he is not God himself. Everything the son has was given to him by his Father and God and our Father and God.

Indentity and nature. They are different.

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2005,00:07)

Quote (Guest @ July 22 2005,23:07)

Zech 2.8

[The Lord of Hosts will personally dwell in their midst  Nick]

Whoa S,

The Lord of Hosts did not say He sent Himself.

That is nonsense.

One may go or be sent but who sends himself?

When is a sender also the one who is sent as you suggest it says here?

Who is the “me” who is sent?

If God sent Himself He would have said “myself”

Not the Lord of Hosts[which is a name exclusive to the Father ]who is the sender.

It is the Word of God here speaking of his mission.

He quotes His Father, and quotation marks are seen here, as saying that he is sent.

Certainly the Father visited His people revealed in the vessel of the Son of God. He will dwell also with his people again, as he dwelled with the Israelites in the Desert, in the Temple of the Son of God.

“God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself”.2Cor 5.19

Nick,
    there are no! nada! nyet! quotation marks in the original Hebrew.
    He doesn't say 'God' sent 'God'; He says; “I, YHWH of hosts am sent by YHWH of hosts”;

For thus saith [0559] 'amar
    the LORD [03068] Y@hovah
    of hosts; [06635] tsaba'
    After [0310] 'achar
    the glory [03519] kabowd
    hath he sent [07971] shalach
    me unto the nations [01471] gowy
    which spoiled [07997] shalal
    you: for he that toucheth [05060] naga`
    you toucheth [05060] naga`
    the apple [0892] babah
    of his eye. [05869] `ayin”

It is in Hebrew, and the Hebrew text is “thus says YHWH of hosts…YHWH of hosts sent Me”.

There are two YHWH of hosts in that passage;
    YHWH the Elohim of Israel, is echad YHWH.
    YHWH is three Persons; One YHWH of hosts.

Adam is one 'Echad', but many billions and billions of persons.
    How many persons do you know that are 'Adam', the humankind?

YHWH of hosts is One, the I AM THAT I AM, the eternally self existant ONE; and He is three PErsons.

One always was on earth, the Holy Spirit.

One YHWH of hosts came and was sent by YHWH of hosts -and His spirit, who is the third Person in YHWH, the eternally self existant One, who is the 'plural' God of Israel.

He dined with Moses and the seventy elders on the mount.
    He is the God of Israel.
    They saw Him, the God of Israel. T
    hey did not see the Father.

The God of Israel whom they saw is YHWH of hosts.
    There are Three revealed as Elohim, the One -'echad'-
    YHWH of hosts.

YHWH of hosts whom they saw is the One True God.
    They did not see the Father.

Exd 24:9 Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:

Exd 24:10 And they saw the God of Israel: and [there was] under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in [his] clearness.

Exd 24:11 And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.

The God of Israel they saw is not the Father, the Father cannot be seen, for He is unapproachable light.

2Sa 7:27 “For thou, O LORD of hosts, God of Israel,…”
    Exd 24:10 And they saw the God of Israel:

Psa 59:5 “Thou therefore, O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel,…”

Jer 10:10 But the LORD [is] the true God, he [is] the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

The Son is the True God; He is the God of Israel, he is YHWH of hosts who dined with the elders of Israel and Moses and Aaron

the Son [5207] huios
    of God [2316] theos
    is come, [2240] heko
    and [2532] kai
    hath given [1325] didomi
    us [2254] hemin
    an understanding, [1271] dianoia
    that [2443] hina
    we may know [1097] ginosko
    him that is true, [228] alethinos
    and [2532] kai
    we are [2070] esmen
    in [1722] en
    [even] in [1722] en
    his [846] autos
    Son [5207] huios
    Jesus [2424] Iesous
    Christ. [5547] Christos
    This [3778] houtos
    is [2076] esti
    the true [228] alethinos
    God, [2316] theos
    and [2532] kai
    eternal [166] aionios
    life. [2222] zoe

Nick, look at the true God, in that verse above;

we are [2070] esmen
    in [1722] en
    [even] in [1722] en
    his [846] autos
    Son [5207] huios
    Jesus [2424] Iesous
    Christ. [5547] Christos
    This [3778] houtos
    is [2076] esti
    the true [228] alethinos
    God, [2316] theos
    and [2532] kai
    eternal [166] aionios
    life. [2222] zoe

We -those of us who are born again- are in Him that is True, even in His Son, Jesus Christ 'This is the TRUE GOD'.

the True God is His Son, Jesus Christ.
    If you do not believe that He is who He said He is, He says that you will die in your sins.
    If you do not believe that 'I AM', [the eternally self existant One, in flesh] you shall die in your sins.

Do you believe Jesus Christ 'is come' in flesh, Nick?
    Is Come, present tense? in flesh? In human flesh right now?
    Human flesh forever?

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2005,01:30)
    Hi,
    God is in heaven.

No.

But all of the nature of God lived in Christ as Spirit. He revealed God to men .

Jesus Christ partook of flesh and flesh is of the dust. He was like to us ia all ways except sin so his flesh was as our flesh. As “outer man” or “tent” he was unremarkable and like any of us  

It was only as “inner man” the second Adam, the man from heaven, that he was unique as the only begotten son of God recognised as such only by demons and those who had the eyes of the Spirit and could “see”.

He was of the dust of Mary, conceived in his fleshly body, a true son of David.

Nick,
    If Jesus Christ's body that He came from heaven to inhabit was of the dust of this creation, then His body was cursed and could have no life to offer, for if He was of the cursed earth's dust, that all Adamkind is made of, then He would not have been the spotless, blameless, Lamb, or able to be our once and forever Atonement, to cleanse our being (the being of Adam), which was made to be a temple for the habitation of the Presence of His glory in the beginning; and He could not have ransomed something that He was enslaved by.

His body is the Firstborn of the new creation, and all we are invited to be adopted into His new family and be regenerated into the New man, at the resurrection of the dead in Christ.

It is the only way to have eternal 'life'.

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2005,01:30)
    Hi,
    God is in heaven.

Are you denying that all the fullness of the Godhead dwelt in Him, bodily?

If Jesus Christ was of the dust of this creation, this cursed creation, then His body would have corrupted in the three nights and three days that it lay in the tomb; but in fact, because His body was not of this dust that is cursed, His body saw no corruption in those three full days.
    If His body was of the dust that is cursed, then His blood would not have been the acceptable sacrifice and the first death would not have ended when He tasted it for every man while the Spirit of the Father departed from Him while He hung on the cross.

His finished work of salvation was completed when He tasted our spiritual separation from the Presence of His glory, and our humiliation of shame at the loss of that glory that glorified Adam when he was created and crowned with the glory.

Our humiliation, our tapeinosis, the shame of our nakedness, our death of spirit, was tasted by Him on the cross for us, and when He finished His work, He gave up the ghost, and departed from His New Man perfect body, that had no defilement of the curse in it, to descend to hell to take from it those who were waiting there for the Day of Atonement, which set them free from the separation from His glory.

The split veil in the temple showed the perfect blameless blood that was sprinkled upon His body, the True Mercy Seat, was accepted by the Presence of glory behind the veil, and the first death was ended right there, for all who will call upon His name for salveation.

When He rose from the dead, He took up the same body that He came to inhabit in the womb of the virgin, and He is the everliving Father of the New Man race, for all who are adopted from Adam's race are His sons, male and female, and He ever lives as Firstborn of the race that inherits this earth.

-And He will take to Him His great power and reign, after the thousand year reign, he'll remake it, and the heavens, Himself, by the fire melting the elements and reforming them.

Act 8:33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

Anonymous

Quote (t8 @ July 23 2005,01:59)

Hint -there are over six billion persons of the 'one' -echad- Adam,  alive on earth at this present time; so really, the persons in Adam are uncountable, to you and me.

Nature and identity are two different things. I have often said that if men knew the difference, they wouldn't fall prey to the doctrines of men that cannot distinguish between nature and identity.

The Father is the only true God (in identity). There are many who partake in God's nature. Jesus is different in identity to God. But Jesus was begotten of God and has God's nature. Jesus is a divine being, but he is not God himself. Everything the son has was given to him by his Father and God and our Father and God.

Hello t8,
    The Creator named our race “ADAM”;, and made us one 'echad' and the same 'one', echad, is what YHWH the Elohim of Israel, the ONE 'ECHAD' YHWH, is..

He named the 'New Man' Israel (Isaiah 49, please) and all who are born again, when they repent and believe, by His Spirit regenerating the dead Adam spirit (who will then be resurrected in His New Man image and glorified).
    Gen 5:1 This [is] the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

Gen 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Male [02145] zakar
    and female [05347] n@qebah
    created [01254] bara'
    he them; and blessed [01288] barak
    them, and called [07121] qara'
    their name [08034] shem
    Adam, [0120] 'adam
    in the day [03117] yowm
    when they were created. [01254] bara'

Malachi 2:15
    And did not he make [06213] `asah
    one? [0259] 'echad
    Yet had he the residue [07605] sh@'ar
    of the spirit. [07307] ruwach
    And wherefore one? [0259] 'echad
    That he might seek [01245] baqash
    a godly [0430] 'elohiym
    seed. [02233] zera`

Adam is 'one'; YHWH the Elohim of Israel is 'one'.
    Hear, [08085] shama`
    O Israel: [03478] Yisra'el
    The LORD [03068] Y@hovah
    our God [0430] 'elohiym
    [is] one [0259] 'echad
    LORD: [03068] Y@hovah

Anonymous

Quote (Guest @ July 23 2005,07:29)

Hello t8,
    The Creator named our race “ADAM”;, and made us one 'echad' and the same 'one', echad, is what YHWH the Elohim of Israel, the ONE 'ECHAD' YHWH, is..

He named the 'New Man' Israel (Isaiah 49, please) and all who are born again, when they repent and believe, by His Spirit regenerating the dead Adam spirit (who will then be resurrected in His New Man image and glorified).
    Gen 5:1 This [is] the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;  

Gen 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.  

Male    [02145]    zakar  
    and female  [05347]    n@qebah  
    created    [01254]    bara'  
    he them; and blessed  [01288]    barak  
    them, and called  [07121]    qara'  
    their name  [08034]    shem  
    Adam,    [0120]    'adam  
    in the day  [03117]    yowm  
    when they were created.  [01254]    bara'

And did not he make  [06213]    `asah  
    one?    [0259]    'echad  
    Yet had he the residue  [07605]    sh@'ar  
    of the spirit.  [07307]    ruwach  
    And wherefore one?  [0259]    'echad  
    That he might seek  [01245]    baqash  
    a godly  [0430]    'elohiym  
    seed.    [02233]    zera`

Hear,    [08085]    shama`  
    O Israel:  [03478]    Yisra'el  
    The LORD  [03068]    Y@hovah  
    our God  [0430]    'elohiym  
    [is] one  [0259]    'echad  
    LORD:    [03068]    Y@hovah

Sorry, this is an edit repost, to fix typos and add-
    Hello t8,
    The Creator named our race “ADAM”;, and made us one 'echad' and the same word, 'one', ‘echad‘, is what YHWH the Elohim of Israel, the ONE 'ECHAD' YHWH, is..

He named the 'New Man' Israel (Isaiah 49, please) and all who are born again, when they repent and believe, by His Spirit regenerating the dead Adam spirit (who will then be resurrected in His New Man image and glorified) are renamed Israel, when the adoption is completed when we are resurrected -or regenerated-instantly.

God called their name Adam. We are all ‘Adam‘, in Adam, from Adam, through Adam, for in Adam we had our beginning and in Adam we will be dead forever to the Presence of His glory unless we are born again in the New Man’s image, by His spirit regenerating our dead spirit, which is the new birth.

Male [02145] zakar
    created [01254] bara'
    their name [08034] shem
    Adam, [0120] 'adam
    in the day [03117] yowm
    when they were created. [01254] bara'

And did not he make [06213] `asah
    one? [0259] 'echad
    Yet had he the residue [07605] sh@'ar
    of the spirit. [07307] ruwach
    And wherefore one? [0259] 'echad
    That he might seek [01245] baqash
    a godly [0430] 'elohiym
    seed. [02233] zera`

Hear, [08085] shama`
    O Israel: [03478] Yisra'el
    The LORD [03068] Y@hovah
    our God [0430] 'elohiym
    [is] one [0259] 'echad
    LORD: [03068] Y@hovah

Anonymous

“Be fruitful and multiply”, God said.

“And it came to pass when Adam began to multiply on the face of the earth”.

And it came to pass, when men [0120] 'adam
    began [02490] chalal
    to multiply [07231] rabab
    on [05921] `al
    the face [06440] paniym
    of the earth, [0127] 'adamah

He called their name 'Adam'
    Male [02145] zakar
    created [01254] bara'
    their name [08034] shem
    Adam, [0120] 'adam

Adam is;
    1) man, mankind

a) man, human being

b) man, mankind (much more frequently intended sense in OT)

c) Adam, first man

d) city in Jordan valley

and is translated as;
    Authorized Version (KJV) Translation Count — Total: 552
    AV – man 408, men 121, Adam 13, person(s) 8, common sort + 07230 1,
    hypocrite 1; 552

Do you see that the word of God declares that our name, of our kind, is Adam?

I hope that you can believe what the word says, by looking at it, yourself, for it is most important tht you understand that the old man, Adam, is cursed and will not live on this earth and will be cast aways in the lake of fire forever unless he is born again in the image of the New Man, Israel, the only One who will inherit the blessing of 'Firstborn'.

vicalcabasa
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ July 22 2005,20:41)
    Please note: YHWH of hosts is sent by YHWH of hosts, and YHWH of hosts is coming to dwell in your midst (in Jerusalem); sent by YHWH of hosts.

If you deny this, then are you claiming a created angel is YHWH of hosts, sent by YHWH of hosts?

So you have two Persons, YHWH of hosts, one sent, the other sends.

One comes, the other does not come.

hi,

so one YWHW is Jesus pre incarnate. so how did YWHW of Host (JESUS pre-incarnate) came into being? can you tell.

vicalcabasa
    Participant

Quote (liljon @ July 22 2005,17:31)
    Spirit is Person. The bible describes him as one. Jesus is YHWH because The bible says he is.

hi i,

isn't it that the Holy Spirit derives it personality and divinity from the FAther?

vicalcabasa
    Participant

Hi I am redeemed,

You're understanding of the verse Here o Israel, the LORD our GOD is ONE LORD, is there are three divine beings in these phrase if are to look to its original hebrew wordings.

How come the jews have never understood it that way afterall it was their native language.? never explained it that way. never teach it that way. even up to the time of jesus or up to now.

Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account