Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,081 through 4,100 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    Miia
    Participant

Hi Gene

Yes I have read the Hebrews verses. Isn’t it speaking about all things being put under Jesus feet?

Regarding the other subject:
    How can loving obeying and fellowshipping with the son of God be considered idolising him and sinful when loving obeying and fellowshipping with the son of God was not only scriptural, but was also essential in knowing him and critical to eternal salvation.

Still waiting eagerly for your answer to my question!

If you believe Jesus is just like us, then what is he actually capable of doing? Is he and can he be with more than one person in more than one place at this moment?

davidH
    Participant

Miia

Im not sure who said it but wether paul or jhon or the others, “being made like us aswe are, subject to temptations as we are.”

However or who ever you believe what jesus was before resurrection. He was human and if you believe it, and divine nature, that divine nature he put behind him/on the back burner, His decision,  until his Father gave it His blessing, but notice straight after his baptism Jesus went into the wilderness to be tempted as we are. with pride, mostly. I believe as Paul says in 2 Philippians Jesus chose to keep his divine nature out of the way of being human, knowing what we as humans suffer and have to do on this world.

The voice everyone who was at Jesus baptism was for them to hear that the Father was well pleased and gave his say so for Jesus miraculous ministry to begin.

Miia
    Participant

hi David

Jesus’ preexistence i’m not sure.  Jesus being divine on earth i’m not sure. Jesus being a sinless man i am sure. God foreknowing him, yes.  Jesus being more than us now (divine), definitely!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl,

By DIVINE NATURE do you mean the SPIRIT OF GOD in him?

DavidL
    Participant

One of the clearest teachings I’ve heard on the Deity of Christ..

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Davidl,

Then who is the SON OF GOD?

You forget to promote all your gods.

kerwin
    Participant

John 5:17-24Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. 18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God. 19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. 20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. 21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. 22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 that all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

I have no idea what this man is saying but I do know Jesus is claiming his work is righteous because God also works on the Sabbath. His comparison is what seems to have set them off.

I have no idea why claiming God is his Father would cause any problem with those who knew Scripture as God says he is the Father of certain individuals (2 Samuel 7:14, 1 Chronicles 7:14, and a few others)

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Admin.
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

The Lord of the Sabbath can do what he likes on the Sabbath.

They had another father and he exposed that fact to their umbrage.

kerwin
    Participant

In short these Jews are making ignorant accusations.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

No.

Their fruit was exposed

They are controlled by their father.

Same with all just born of woman and not from above.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Hi KW,

The Lord of the Sabbath can do what he likes on the Sabbath.

They had another father and he exposed that fact to their umbrage.

He was not violating the Sabbath.

Modern Jews claim his words are the words of another Jew but nevertheless they follow them in these modern times.

It was a Jewish debate at that time and so a doctrinal issue.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Yes, their fruit was of the unbelief.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

The Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath.

The show bread was eaten by David’s men in their time of need.

But their father loves rituals and formulas and hates real faith.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Not just unbelief.

Idolatry.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

The whole purpose of God was to remove the idols from the heart of man

and to allow true worship of the Creator to begin.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Jesus did say that but he nor his disciples ever violated the sabbath. The closest the later came was to eating kernels of wheat they picked off the plant and that eating food that comes off a plate. The accusation was weakly based on the facts and could not bear much examination. Jesus just uses opportunity for another lesson.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Yes, doctrinal lies are idols.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Man is NATURALLY idolatrous.

The serpent ensured that.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

And this thread is a fine example of that in action.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Humanity lives by the flesh and the sons live by the Spirit.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Admin.
Viewing 20 posts - 4,081 through 4,100 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account