Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,261 through 2,280 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    banana
    Participant

Quote (peace2all @ Jan. 01 2010,07:04)

Quote (banana @ Jan. 01 2010,04:38)

Quote (thethinker @ Dec. 31 2009,21:12)

Quote (banana @ Dec. 31 2009,19:18)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 25 2009,00:52)
    hi EDj
    read it again;Col 1:13  Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
    Col 1:14  In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
    Col 1:15  Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    Col 1:16  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

for by him(the son)were all things created;

you denied the first verses were Paul clearly shows that he talks about the Son ,after verse col 1-12

this view his consistente with the intire scriptures no dought.

I agree it is talking about Jesus.  He did preexisted and some just don't want to believe it.  The thinking is that if you believe that Jesus was there with the Father before the world was we have to believe in the trinity.  No way. Two different doctrine.  Jesus did not always existed like the Father.  He had a beginning like it says in Col. 1:15-17 and Rev. 3:14 and by Jesus own words in John 17:5.
    Irene

Irene,

Show where in Proverbs 8 Christ is mentioned. And who is Prudence with whom Wisdom dwells? Both are femnine.

Are they two lesbians who dwell together?  I am being silly. I am trying to show that poetry should be treated as poetry and that we should not derive our conclusions about Christ from figurative language..

thinker

thinker first of all you have to know that in the Proverb 8 it is not talking about  Wisdom.  It just does not make sense since God always had Wisdom.  In Pr.8:30 it says  this
    “Then I was beside Him, as a Master Craftsman; And I was His delight , rejoicing always before Him. That is a male.
    Verse 31 Rejoicing in HIS inhabited world,
    AND MY DELIGHT WAS WITH MEN.
    Even t8 has used these Scriptures.  And I have too.
    I don't think it is all Poetry.
    It is at times very good advice.  
    Irene

proverbs the whole book talks about and shows illistrations of wisdom.

this book from start to finish is bound by the thread of the theme of wisdom.

it is not a book about jesus.

sp to pluck a verse out of the whole book of proverbs and inject it into a theme that it was not intended is not the way to use scriptures.

anyone then can take scriptures like taht ans make it say anything.

I did not just take one Scripture in Proverbs 8:22-30 talks about Jesus. To say that Wsdom was born simply does not make sense at all. God always had Wisdom, it was not juist born then. I took verse 30 because it shows that it was a Male and not a female.
    Read it over and over again to get it…..;…

terraricca
    Participant

hi Irene

TT; says that it is poetry let that not fool you because the book of Psalms are songs and full of Christ prophesies

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (peace2all @ Jan. 06 2010,13:14)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 06 2010,12:59)

Quote (peace2all @ Jan. 06 2010,02:39)
    i worship the father as the almighty god jehovah creator of all.

jesus is the word and nature of god, his will was that of god and his work and words were of god's. he is out mediator and savior.

have faith and follow his way.

I worship the father as JEHOVAH GOD, creator of all.

HolySpirit is the word and nature of God, his will was that of God and His work and words are God's. Jeaus is out mediator and God's savior.

Have faith and follow God’s way.

How's that?
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

sounds good to me ED, you have faith and i'm sure you don't just say it, but are it in truth of your life.

jesus was seed of that spirit in mary's womb and was given that spirit also, thats why he is in unity of nature and was the copy of the invisible god.

god's unity is complex.

keep strong in your faith.

Hi peace to all,

Luke 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

Hebrews 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but
    the word(HolySpirit) of the oath, which was since the law,
    maketh the Son(Jesus), who is consecrated for evermore.

God is Truly opening your eyes!
    God bless you “Peace to all”!
    Ed J

peace2all
    Participant

Quote (banana @ Jan. 06 2010,13:48)

Quote (peace2all @ Jan. 01 2010,07:04)

Quote (banana @ Jan. 01 2010,04:38)

Quote (thethinker @ Dec. 31 2009,21:12)

Quote (banana @ Dec. 31 2009,19:18)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 25 2009,00:52)
    hi EDj
    read it again;Col 1:13  Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
    Col 1:14  In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
    Col 1:15  Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    Col 1:16  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

for by him(the son)were all things created;

you denied the first verses were Paul clearly shows that he talks about the Son ,after verse col 1-12

this view his consistente with the intire scriptures no dought.

I agree it is talking about Jesus.  He did preexisted and some just don't want to believe it.  The thinking is that if you believe that Jesus was there with the Father before the world was we have to believe in the trinity.  No way. Two different doctrine.  Jesus did not always existed like the Father.  He had a beginning like it says in Col. 1:15-17 and Rev. 3:14 and by Jesus own words in John 17:5.
    Irene

Irene,

Show where in Proverbs 8 Christ is mentioned. And who is Prudence with whom Wisdom dwells? Both are femnine.

Are they two lesbians who dwell together?  I am being silly. I am trying to show that poetry should be treated as poetry and that we should not derive our conclusions about Christ from figurative language..

thinker

thinker first of all you have to know that in the Proverb 8 it is not talking about  Wisdom.  It just does not make sense since God always had Wisdom.  In Pr.8:30 it says  this
    “Then I was beside Him, as a Master Craftsman; And I was His delight , rejoicing always before Him. That is a male.
    Verse 31 Rejoicing in HIS inhabited world,
    AND MY DELIGHT WAS WITH MEN.
    Even t8 has used these Scriptures.  And I have too.
    I don't think it is all Poetry.
    It is at times very good advice.  
    Irene

proverbs the whole book talks about and shows illistrations of wisdom.

this book from start to finish is bound by the thread of the theme of wisdom.

it is not a book about jesus.

sp to pluck a verse out of the whole book of proverbs and inject it into a theme that it was not intended is not the way to use scriptures.

anyone then can take scriptures like taht ans make it say anything.

I did not just  take one Scripture in Proverbs 8:22-30 talks about Jesus.  To say that Wsdom was born simply does not make sense at all.  God always had Wisdom, it was not juist born then.  I took verse 30 because it shows that it was a Male and not a female.
    Read it over and over again to get it…..;…

well if its not about wisdom then its also not about jesus.

there you go

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, if you go back to chapter 1;20 it quotes; wisdom calls aloud in the street, SHE raises her voice in the public squares, at the head of the noisy streets SHE cries out. Than 3;13-18 wisdom is also called she. 4;6 says Do not forsake wisdom, and SHE will protect you; love her and SHE will watch over you.(8) esteem HER and SHE will exalt you;embrace HER and SHE will honor you (9) SHE will set a garland of grace on your head and present you with a crown of splender. chapter (8) wisdom is also called SHE.

Perhaps … it was just Solomons way of talking to his son? Solomon did have 100's of wifes. (He didnt have much luck with women). Im going to ask my pastor in the morning!

katjo

terraricca
    Participant

kat

he ad no problem with them wen he was young only in latter years,

so you do not believe the scriptures are inspired ????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    Jesus is the shepherd of his sheep.
    The words that he spoke are spirit and life.
    Trinity pastors cannot serve two masters and have chosen another.

terraricca
    Participant

hi
    what realy make me wander is that men can make an test tube baby,with a little grain of men product
    but God can not,

is the birth of Jesus so difficult to understand,God made a man by using a natural process ,he created in the first place he as the know how,we don't,
    if he use the women that this not tell us what he was in nature A MAN,if God would have chose to be a angel or super angel he would have done so,
    but the scriptures said;

1Co 1:27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

so now you walk with your faith in your heart in the knowledge of God and Christ.

Anonymous
    Inactive

SALVATION;
    Romans 3;23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
    6;23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD!
    john 3;3 No one can see the kingdom of God unless He is born again
    john 14;16 Jesus words) I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THREW ME
    ROMANS 10;19 if you confess with your mouth JESUS IS LORD; and beleive in your heart that God raised Him from the dead YOU WILL BE SAVED! FOR IT IS WITH YOUR HEART THAT YOU BELEIVE AND ARE JUSTIFIED, AND ITS WITH YOUR MOUTH THAT YOU CONFESS AND ARE SAVED. ANY ONE WHO TRUST IN HIM WILL NEVER BE PUT TO SHAME
    REV.3;20(jesus words) I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears my voice, and opens the door(your heart) I will come in and eat with Him, and He with me. ITS A FREE GIFT, ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE IT?
    KATJO

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    Do you not want to come to the father God as Jesus is the gate and the way there?
    Seek first the kingdom and everything else will be added to you.

You cannot even see the kingdom until you have been reborn from above.
    All have sinned. You must repent and be born again of water and the Spirit.

Believing thus in him you will be given the power to become children of God.
    Let the Spirit lead you and use your mouth to offer a sacrifice of praise to God.

No man can say Jesus is Lord and know it without the leading and help of the Spirit.
    Unless you do have that Spirit of Christ you are none of his. Seek. Knock. Ask.

Anonymous
    Inactive

why are you repeating what I have been asking you to answer and what I have told you? Is it too hard to say jesus Is my Lord and Savior?

katjo

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    You can say what you like till you are blue in the face but it is the ones he knows that are saved.
    Why do you call me LORD LORD and not do what I say?

Make sure you have your name written in heaven.
    Have the three witnesses-blood, water, Spirit.[1Jn5]

Anonymous
    Inactive

You simply cant say it. And there is no other way for salvation. I quotted you the scripts

katjo

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    There is no magic chant that saves you.
    That is a popular myth.
    Romans was written TO the saved.

Anonymous
    Inactive

john 14;16 Jesus words) I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THREW ME
    ROMANS 10;19 if you confess with your mouth JESUS IS LORD; and beleive in your heart that God raised Him from the dead YOU WILL BE SAVED! FOR IT IS WITH YOUR HEART THAT YOU BELEIVE AND ARE JUSTIFIED, AND ITS WITH YOUR MOUTH THAT YOU CONFESS AND ARE SAVED. ANY ONE WHO TRUST IN HIM WILL NEVER BE PUT TO SHAME
    katjo

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 06 2010,12:59)
    I worship the father as JEHOVAH GOD, creator of all.

HolySpirit is the word and nature of God, his will was that of God and His work and words are God's. Jeaus is out mediator and God's savior.

Have faith and follow God’s way.

How's that?
    Ed J

Ed! Can you please explain this for me a bit better- thanks. Im getting it confused with all the other opinions iv read?

karmarie
    Participant

Ed-

Jehovah God,

Holy Spirit- is God? or not
    Jesus- pre-existed or not? And in what way

Anonymous
    Inactive

Karmarie, Holy Spirit is not the word. The word is Jesus- john 1- the word became flesh and the word was God. (ed knows that) YES, jesus pre-exited. col.1; 16 FOR BY HIM WERE ALL THINGS CREATED. THAT ARE IN HEAVEN AND THAT ARE IN EARTH. VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE, WHEATHER THEY BE TRONES, OR DOMINIONS, OR PRINCIPALITIES, OR POWERS, ALL THINGS WERE CREATED BY HIM, AND FOR HIM.(17) AND HE IS BEFORE ALL THINGS.

katjo

Anonymous
    Inactive

Karmarie- this should help you..Nature of Christ
    Chief Cornerstone: (Ephesians 2:20) – Jesus is the cornerstone of the building which is His church. He cements together Jew and Gentile, male and female—all saints from all ages and places into one structure built on faith in Him which is shared by all.

Firstborn over all creation: (Colossians 1:15) – Not the first thing God created, as some incorrectly claim, because verse 16 says all things were created through and for Christ. Rather, the meaning is that Christ occupies the rank and pre-eminence of the first-born over all things, that He sustains the most exalted rank in the universe; He is pre-eminent above all others; He is at the head of all things.

Head of the Church: (Ephesians 1:22; 4:15; 5:23) – Jesus Christ, not a king or a pope, is the only supreme, sovereign ruler of the Church—those for whom He died and who have placed their faith in Him alone for salvation.

Holy One: (Acts 3:14; Psalm 16:10) – Christ is holy, both in his divine and human nature, and the fountain of holiness to His people. By His death, we are made holy and pure before God.

Judge: (Acts 10:42; 2 Timothy 4:8) – The Lord Jesus was appointed by God to judge the world and to dispense the rewards of eternity.

King of kings and Lord of lords: (1 Timothy 6:15; Revelation 19:16) – Jesus has dominion over all authority on the earth, over all kings and rulers, and none can prevent Him from accomplishing His purposes. He directs them as He pleases.

Light of the World: (John 8:12) – Jesus came into a world darkened by sin and shed the light of life and truth through His work and His words. Those who trust in Him have their eyes opened by Him and walk in the light.

Prince of peace: (Isaiah 9:6) – Jesus came not to bring peace to the world as in the absence of war, but peace between God and man who were separated by sin. He died to reconcile sinners to a holy God.

Son of God: (Luke 1:35; John 1:49) – Jesus is the “only begotten of the Father” (John 1:14). Used 42 times in the New Testament, “Son of God” affirms the deity of Christ.

Son of man: (John 5:27) – Used as a contrast to “Son of God” this phrase affirms the humanity of Christ which exists alongside His divinity.

Word: (John 1:1; 1 John 5:7-8) – The Word is the second Person of the triune God, who said it and it was done, who spoke all things out of nothing in the first creation, who was in the beginning with God the Father, and was God, and by whom all things were created.

Word of God: (Revelation 19:12-13) – This is the name given to Christ that is unknown to all but Himself. It denotes the mystery of His divine person.

Word of Life: (1 John 1:1) – Jesus not only spoke words that lead to eternal life, but according to this verse He is the very words of life, referring to the eternal life of joy and fulfillment which He provides.

His position in the trinity
    Alpha and Omega: (Revelation 1:8; 22:13) – Jesus declared Himself to be the beginning and end of all things, a reference to no one but the true God. This statement of eternality could apply only to God.

Emmanuel: (Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 1:23) – Literally “God with us.” Both Isaiah and Matthew affirm that the Christ who would be born in Bethlehem would be God Himself who came to earth in the form of a man to live among His people.

I Am: (John 8:58, with Exodus 3:14) – When Jesus ascribed to Himself this title, the Jews tried to stone Him for blasphemy. They understood that He was declaring Himself to be the eternal God, the unchanging Jehovah of the Old Testament.

Lord of All: (Acts 10:36) – Jesus is the sovereign ruler over the whole world and all things in it, of all the nations of the world, and particularly of the people of God's choosing, Gentiles as well as Jews.

True God: (1 John 5:20) – This is a direct assertion that Jesus, being the true God, is not only divine, but is the Divine. Since the Bible teaches there is only one God, this can only be describing His nature as part of the triune God.

His Work on earth
    Author and Perfecter of our Faith: (Hebrews 12:2) – Salvation is accomplished through the faith that is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8-9) and Jesus is the founder of our faith and the finisher of it as well. From first to last, He is the source and sustainer of the faith that saves us.

Bread of Life: (John 6:35; 6:48) – Just as bread sustains life in the physical sense, Jesus is the Bread that gives and sustains eternal life. God provided manna in the wilderness to feed His people and He provided Jesus to give us eternal life through His body, broken for us.

Bridegroom: (Matthew 9:15) – The picture of Christ as the Bridegroom and the Church as His Bride reveals the special relationship we have with Him. We are bound to each other in a covenant of grace that cannot be broken.

Deliverer: (Romans 11:26) – Just as the Israelites needed God to deliver them from bondage to Egypt, so Christ is our Deliverer from the bondage of sin
    gotquesitions.org

KATJO

terraricca
    Participant

kat

you pick and chose your scriptures and deny the meaning of others,so is your ignorance of scriptures justifies your truth???

this bellow is your comment;
    True God: (1 John 5:20) – This is a direct assertion that Jesus, being the true God, is not only divine, but is the Divine. Since the Bible teaches there is only one God, this can only be describing His nature as part of the triune God.

Mk 10:40 but I have no right to say who will sit on the thrones next to mine. God has prepared those places for the ones he has chosen.”

this verse does not show that Christ holds all powers or is equal to his father

Viewing 20 posts - 2,261 through 2,280 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account