Who is the Father

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 519 total)
  • Author
    Irene
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 03 2008,13:35)
    Hi Irene,
    Can you prove it or is it a guess?

Since the Word is God, it was the Word who became flesh and was then called Jesus. So God the Word walked with Adam in the Garden. It was the Word God and the Father God who is us and our in Genesis. When you know that God is a tittle everything falls into place. So nobody has seen or heard the Fathers voice or seen His form. The Word God was on the mountain with Moses. How else can you expalain it? Since it says God. IMO
    Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    A little assumption jumped in between the first and second sentences you wrote.
    Opinions are fine but we try to closely align our understandings with scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God is love.
    Romans 5:5
    And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    You enjoy the love of a family?
    It comes from our Father God.

Eph 3
    14For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

15Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

16That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

17That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

18May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen to that post brother Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You said in another thread
    “Good and Evil are Spirits (intellects) of GOD and they going to and fro through out the earth,”

So your God is of evil?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Malachi 1:6
    ” 'A son honors his father, and a servant his master Then if I am a father, where is My honor? And if I am a master, where is My respect?' says the LORD of hosts to you, O priests who despise My name. But you say, 'How have we despised Your name?'

NickHassan
    Participant

Hitt,
    You said in another thread.

' So the term “Father” in reference to Christ's relationship to God was a figurative expression.”

Anyone else say that God was not really the Father of Jesus?
    Anyone else calling Jesus a liar for saying he was the Son of God?

Those who do not base their faith on foolish human trinity ideas know that the Spirit of God is really the SPIRIT OF GOD and Jesus being conceived of the Spirit is thus the Son of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God is love and loves showing His graciousness and mercy.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    We are not ghouls awaiting the punishment of evil mankind but sinners saved by grace who hope God can find a way to rescue as many as possible.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    We are told that the way is narrow and few will choose it.
    Yet many claim to be on that path.
    This is deception.

Romans 8:19
    The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.

Many are born again but few are led by the Spirit and that is what defines a son.

Romans 8:14
    because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

Belief only enables the possibility we may become sons.

Jn1
    12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Many die in childbirth and many stop growing too soon relying on false hope.
    Gal4
    19My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

We must seek to find and complacency is destroying the possibilities of being in the first resurrection.

Rev3
    1And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

2Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

3Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    If you have decided God is a trinity then reading scripture becomes a challenge.
    Every time you read the Word GOD you have to decide if it means THE FATHER or not.
    This is a scarcely credible and rather ridiculous approach to handling the sacred words

NickHassan
    Participant

For CON

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Is God, the Father of Jesus, your father too?
    Or is your father comprised of three?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 15 2009,18:15)
    Hi,
    Is God, the Father of Jesus, your father too?
    Or is your father comprised of three?

In “Gesenius' Hebrew Grammar” § 132 we read: “The adjective (like the participle used adjectivally), which serves as an *attribute* of a substantive, stands *after* the substantive,
    and agrees with it in *gender* and *number*.” (The asterisks are used to indicate italics in the text.)

Therefore, the most natural way to translate Deuteronomy 6:4 on the basis of the normal syntactic use of adjectives would be: “Listen Israel: YHWH our God is one YHWH.” If we keep in mind that there were numerous Baals (Baal Peor, Baal Berit…), it may not be strange to stress that there is just one YHWH.

One example of a proper name followed by “one” is Joshua 7:21 where we read about “one Shinar-mantle”. We have the proper name Shinar, and before that we have the noun (mantle) in the construct (= mantle of Shinar; Shinar-mantle). After this expression consisting of two words, we find the adjective “one” which modifies “(shinar)-mantle,” and we get “one Shinar-mantle”.

Another example is Amos 8:3 where we have the words (lord) YHWH (YHWH) (great) – the lord YHWH great = the great lord YHWH.

We can also use Psalm 7:18: (name) YHWH (YHWH) (most high) = “the name of YHWH, the most high; the name of the most high YHWH”.

An adjective following a substantive will not always be used as an attribute. This is the most natural interpretation of the nominal clause in Deuteronomy 6:4. But in Zechariah 14:9 we find YHWH followed by “one” in a different construction. A word for word translation is “on day that will be YHWH one.” = “In that day YHWH will be one.” Because of the verb, the adjective in this clause is used predicatively and not in
    attributively.

“Listen, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD alone.”

“Listen to this (Or, implied as 'to me, Moses'), O Israel!, that the LORD is our God, the LORD alone.”

– Rolf Furuli, University of Oslo
    :cool:

NickHassan
    Participant

For Con

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jesus is Lord and the lord is our God. Who humbled HImself to become man.He came to take on the sin of the world, if not we would not have a Savior. He was tempted like we are but could not sin because He is God. why do you think He taught in parrables. when scripture reads The Father(position) is greater, thats because He humbled Himself to become man, no ordinary man could of done what He did, He wrote the scripts and new what He was going to go threw when He came to earth(scriptual, Jesus said He had to fulfill scripture) but when He accomplished what He came to do He returned to the glory He had before time was. Father, Son and Holy Spirit are one.Holy spirit is the helper Jesus promised He would send in HIs name. There is only One Lord who is God. If I didnt see them as one I would feel like I was leaving God out. if Jesus is our Savior who took on the sin of the world,done all king of miracles, He is who we are waiting on to re-turn and who we will spend eternity with, than were is God in all this if He is not God, God shares His glory with no one. You should do some checking into what the son really means,(look it up) that confuses alot of people. It is not a son like we have a son, God did not get with Mary and have a son. He hImself came into the world in the flesh Rev. tells you He is KING OF KING AND LORD OF LORDS! so if you cant see them as one what do these scriptures mean to you? Gen. tells you God created the heavens and the earth and Col. 1;16 says He (Jesus) created all thing in heaven and earth, visible and invisible, created by Him and for Him and by Him all things consist. (20) He made peace through the blood of His cross and reconciled all things unto HIMSELF.If you dont see them as one ,it would be harder to try to figure out these scripts. and I could list alot more. There is scriptre were jesus even says He will be our Father. I just dont get how people dont see it. God Bless!
    katjo WHAT A AWESOME GOD!

terraricca
    Participant

katjo

so God humbled him ?,you mean God the father? ,the one who created the all universe ,??he came down to be trampled by men so he can save them??

no man can see God and live ,this is a true statement
    God is no slave to any man ,this is a true statement.

you better come up with some good scriptures back up ,your story is nice but not scriptural.

Anonymous
    Inactive

your not understanding your bible. Sure its scriptual you need to study the old and the new testament and put more together, God is spirit who came in the flesh, (are you a spirit who lives in a fleshly body)Yes I mean God the Father there is only one Lord God! Are you ignoring Col. 1;16?
    katjo

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Jan. 22 2010,08:18)
    your not understanding your bible. Sure its scriptual you need to study the old and the new testament and put more together, God is spirit who came in the flesh, (are you a spirit who lives in a fleshly body)Yes I mean God the Father there is only one Lord God! Are you ignoring Col. 1;16?
    katjo

Hi Katjo,

Check out this thread about “The Father”…
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….94;st=0

God bless
    Ed J
    http://holycitybiblecode.org

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 519 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account