Who is the eighth king?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Texas
    Participant

I had occassion lately for thinking about this Eighth King that was to spring from the seventh World Power! With that thought in mind I began researching the run of the four Ruling dynasties of Kings that the Prophet Daniel foretold. I discovered a comprehensive article that went into great detail about these four ruling dynasties of Kings, on the Internet. It was an eleven-page article on the four beasts of Daniel, which article explains, in detail, exactly what Nations those four beasts were representative of! Now, I reasoned that since the very last ruling World Power is in place right at this moment in time and there was nothing foretold to indicate that another World Power would rise up in the time of the end, except this Beast that would spring from the Seventh; I wondered just how this might possibly come about.

The Governing Body of the Watchtower Society, taught us that this seventh King was the League of Nations. That, that one was the one that WAS and then, WAS NOT, then would come to be again. They reasoned that the League of Nations was the one that WAS and when it went into the abyss of inactivity, then it WAS NOT! Then, when it rose again as the United Nations, it WAS AGAIN! So, according to their line of reasoning the League of Nations was the Seventh World power, out of which sprang this eighth King. Making the United Nations that eighth King. While I thought about that, I sarted to dig into the Prophecy of Daniel!

While I was doing that digging there was a statement made that really struck home. The writer focused on the fact that it was a 'little horn' was the one to go off into destruction, while at the same time remaining for a little while! That was also the persecuter of Jehovah's worshippers. I say that because of what is written in the following passage of scripture. Note these next words:
    Revelation 17:10
    10 and they are seven kings; five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain a little while.
    Revelation 17:11

11″The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth {King} and is one of the seven, and he goes to destruction.” Now, wasn't this 'little Horn' 'one of the Seven?' Didn't it spring from the Ten Horns?

Now, notice what Daniel had to say about this little horn that rose up from among the Ten Horns:
    Daniel 7:8 (New American Standard Bible)
    8″While I was contemplating the horns, behold, another horn, a “little one”, came up among them, and three of the first horns were pulled out by the roots before it; and behold, this horn possessed eyes like the eyes of a man and a mouth uttering great boasts.
    Daniel 7:11 (New American Standard Bible)
    11″Then I kept looking because of the sound of the boastful words which the horn was speaking; I kept looking until the beast was slain, and its body was destroyed and given to the burning fire.
    Daniel 7:25 (New American Standard Bible)
    25'He will speak out against the Most High and wear down the saints of the Highest One, and he will intend to make alterations in times and in law; and they will be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time. {Revelation 13:16,17}

So, this little Horn was a ruling King with a small force of people behind him. Lets consider this for a moment! Assuming, as has been said, the Russian Government could well be this eighth King, {and was the 'Little Horn' with 'a small force of people' } and this is the one who 'harrasses continully the Holy Ones of the Supreme one;' and 'prevails over them' for a brief time. Would the Russian Government stand alone, and take on, in Battle the Ten Horns and the Wild Beast of the earth all by themselves? Would they have an Army sufficient enough to get that Job done? Truth be told, they would not stand alone at all! They would have allied with them, Red China, North Korea, and Iran, which are all Communist Countries, are they not? So, they would have an Army like no other Army on this earth, is that, not true? {Daniel 11:40–45}

Is it not possible that all of these countries I mentioned are yet to make an alliance with the Ten Horns and the Wild Beast? Didn't the Prophet Daniel make reference to that Alliance? Note the followings words of Daniel, concerning this alliance”
    Daniel 11:23 (New American Standard Bible)
    23″After an alliance is made with him he will practice deception, and he will go up and gain power with a small force of people.

So, we see here that deception was going on while making this alliance. Did the Prophet Daniel make any reference to that deception? Turns out that he did:
    Daniel 11:27 (King James Version)
    27And both of these kings' hearts shall be to do mischief, and they shall speak lies at one table; but it shall not prosper: for yet the end shall be at the time appointed.

Now, are not all of the Communistic Countries Athiests? Having no belief or respect for the God of the Bible, and are they not, in actuality haters of God, and his Son, because of the conduct and actions of the people in Christendom's great Religious empire who make claim to being his Worshippers? Would they not as a Body {the Communist Nations} consitute this 'little horn' with this BIG MOUTHED attitude toward the God of the Bible? Would they not be the ones who would 'harrass continually the Holy Ones of the Supreme One', and 'prevail against them' for a time?

A last point to consider is: Would they not be the ones involved in this pushing between the King of the North and the King of the South? Since all of the foretold ruling authorities are now in place, and there's no other to follow; how could it be any other way?

I hope that you can all see that I believe this 'Little Horn' is the eighth King, the one that WAS, and WAS NOT, and yet WILL BE AGain! I believe that because Russia, for a long time, held their people under an Iron-Hand, {They WAS} but that ended when that wall came down, {THEY WAS NOT} Now, they arise again in the form of this little horn and now, THEY WILL BE AGAIN! An eighth King!

Don't forget this too, that it is Jehovah who intervenes when this little horn is harrassing his Worshippers. His arrival is what stops that harrassment. We are told about that at Daniel 7: 7-14;12:7} Showing that it this little Horn who is the persecuter and very probably the killer of Jehovah's people in the time of the end! {Matthew 24:9}

So, it will be the time period that Jesus will hear these words from his Father: “Go subduing in the midst of your enemies.” Jesus will then 'STAND UP' IN ANGELIC FORM AS MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL and then everything will be brought to a finish! {Daniel 12:1,7}

Up to this point is the end of my reasoning on this matter! I believe that the Communists Governments of this World will fill the position of this eighth King, and that they are the ones who will 'spring from the seventh'. They are the ones who WAS- WAS NOT and will come to be again! Afterall, how else could it be, since the run of the World Powers has been completed, and has been in place for quite some time now? That 'Little Horn' with the very large bragging mouth, has to be the atheistic Communist Governments of this World! It has to be the one that goes off into destruction lastly, along with the Ten Horns and the Wild Beast.

“And the wild beast that WAS but IS NOT, it is also an eighth King but springs from the seven, and it goes off into destruction.” {Revelation 17:10,11} Now, notice, that this 'little Horn' that was the last one mentioned, just prior to the Ancient of days taking his seat, was 'harrassing continuely' the Holy Ones of the Supreme One' {the anointed Brother's of Christ,} and very probably, the sheeplike ones gathered to the right hand of the Christ as well, is also described as a wild beast that WAS but IS NOT, showin
    g that my reasoning has to be correct.

Now, it may well be, that some do not agree with my reasoning here, because they may believe, that this 'little Horn' could only be Russia alone, or red China alone, or North Korea alone, or the Iranian republic alone. That could never be true, though, because those three Nations was to 'sit down at that Table', while 'speaking the lie;, and make 'an alliance' with the Ten Horns and the Wild Beast, and turn their kingdoms over to the Wild Beast. With that in mind, that alliance would tie those Communist Nations together so that they, all three tied together, would constitute that 'little Horn' of the prophecy in Daniel. No! Those four Nations tied together would constitute the eighth King of the account in Revelation. Texas!

Cindy
    Participant

Texas

Rev 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

John received this revelation in the first century, he was living under the king “that is”, Rome; the five that are fallen were, the Greeks, the Medo-Persian, the Babylonians, the Assyrians, and the Egyptians. They represent the empires that tried to rule the world, or, “one world government”.
    After the western half of the Roman empire fell, 565 AD, there was no more a “one world government”.
    Many attempts were made by the new kings of Europe to bring that about, but all failed.
    Near the end of the first WW, 1918, The nations got together and formed the seventh beast, the “League of Nation”, to prevent future wars; it failed in its mission, and by 1946 it was gone; but already a new beast had been formed, not really a new beast, it had changed in name only, it became the “United Nation”, and yes, it too will go in perdition; very soon now.
    The ten horns are all the nations that belong to it.

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
    Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

Ten is not a number of ten individuals, it is the number of completion, or all included.

You also speak of the little horn.

Dan 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.
    Dan 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

You know the beast in verse 7 is Rome, and the ten horns are all the kings and emperors that would rule Rome during its entire existence.
    The fact that the little horn came up on the Roman beast, shows that it had its beginning during the Roman empire. This little horn made war with the saints for 1260 days/years, it is in fact the Antichrist. He began to rule when the western half of the empire fell, 565 AD.
    The three horns that were uprooted, were the three barbarian kings that conquered and ruled Roman territory for a while, but were in the end defeated; the Vandals. the Heruli, and the Ostrogoth.

Georg

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ May 02 2009,14:25)
    Texas

Rev 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.  

John received this revelation in the first century, he was living under the king “that is”, Rome; the five that are fallen were, the Greeks, the Medo-Persian, the Babylonians, the Assyrians, and the Egyptians. They represent the empires that tried to rule the world, or, “one world government”.
    After the western half of the Roman empire fell, 565 AD, there was no more a “one world government”.
    Many attempts were made by the new kings of Europe to bring that about, but all failed.
    Near the end of the first WW, 1918, The nations got together and formed the seventh beast, the “League of Nation”, to prevent future wars; it failed in its mission, and by 1946 it was gone; but already a new beast had been formed, not really a new beast, it had changed in name only, it became the “United Nation”, and yes, it too will go in perdition; very soon now.
    The ten horns are all the nations that belong to it.

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.  
    Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.  

Ten is not a number of ten individuals, it is the number of completion, or all included.

You also speak of the little horn.

Dan 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.  
    Dan 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.  

You know the beast in verse 7 is Rome, and the ten horns are all the kings and emperors that would rule Rome during its entire existence.
    The fact that the little horn came up on the Roman beast, shows that it had its beginning during the Roman empire. This little horn made war with the saints for 1260 days/years, it is in fact the Antichrist. He began to rule when the western half of the empire fell, 565 AD.
    The three horns that were uprooted, were the three barbarian kings that conquered and ruled Roman territory for a while, but were in the end defeated; the Vandals. the Heruli, and the Ostrogoth.    

Georg

Cindy!
    So WHAT? Nothing you have stated here refutes anything I said, so, like I said, SO WHAT! All it really proves is, you have a lot of Worldly knowledge, but that knowledge is foolishness with God, and it WILL NOT gain you everlasting life! Texas!

Cindy
    Participant

Texas

That knowledge is important to understand God's word.
    Show me were your explanation, and mine, are alike.

Georg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account