Who is Jesus?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Laurel
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 17 2007,00:34)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Nov. 15 2007,11:19)

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 15 2007,11:06)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Nov. 15 2007,06:19)
    Sis,
    I'm not encouraging anyone to talk with them.  I am encouraging those who choose to – to be cautious.  

I have learned a long time ago that I am not in control of what other's do.  I can only tell it as I see it, and then encourage folks to make their own best decision.  Otherwise, trying to control other's would send me to drinking at noon!  :laugh:   It just cannot be done.  It shouldn't be done.  We all have to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling.

I will stand alone on Judgement Day.  So will everyone else.  We need to be prepared with our own answers.

Love you,
    Mandy

Not me!  Jesus will be in front of me pleading my case. :D

Actually you will be standing in front of Jesus on that Day.  He will not be our mediator at that time, he will be our Judge.

Rev 20:12  And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Unless Jesus is God?

Scripture says Jesus will separate the sheep from the goats.  Will Jesus do this from a great white thrown?

Ken,
    Y'shua said He was doing His Father's will. He said His Father was in Him and He in His Father. The Spirit of Truth is in Him. His Father made Him (Y'shua) the judge.

Because His Father is in Him and He is in His Father, the two are one in Set-apart Spirit, making Him Elohim (Gods).

Just like Y'shua said we who have the Set-apart Spirit in us are also ELohim.

He said He came in His Father's name. He is His Father's right hand man.

The Set-apart Spirit is why they are one.

Now that you do not believe the false trinity doctrine, you must be able to see, except you do not use their real names and titles like I do, or you could see.

Not3in1
    Participant

God gives grace to the humble but opposes the proud.

Cato
    Participant

For myself I am not sure whether Jesus was fully human, some divine aspect of the Diety (an Avatar per se) or some hybrid demigod.  In my own view I think he was merely human but a human approaching perfection, a state which all of us have potential for but unfortunately fall way short of.  In my own life I view Jesus as my saviour, a being accessible and comprehensible.  As for the real truth I guess I won't know while I am still alive.  But, let me add this, does it matter.  I say this in the sense that Jesus' message stands upon itself whether he was divine or not.  The truths he taught are self evident and don't need supernatural support to see it's moral superiority.  Stripped of godhood, miracles, virgin birth, divine heredity, all, his message is still the same and one that reveals love and brotherhood and would be worthy of our aspirations.

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Cato @ Jan. 28 2008,23:49)
    For myself I am not sure whether Jesus was fully human, some divine aspect of the Diety (an Avatar per se) or some hybrid demigod.  In my own view I think he was merely human but a human approaching perfection, a state which all of us have potential for but unfortunately fall way short of.  In my own life I view Jesus as my saviour, a being accessible and comprehensible.  As for the real truth I guess I won't know while I am still alive.  But, let me add this, does it matter.  I say this in the sense that Jesus' message stands upon itself whether he was divine or not.  The truths he taught are self evident and don't need supernatural support to see it's moral superiority.  Stripped of godhood, miracles, virgin birth, divine heredity, all, his message is still the same and one that reveals love and brotherhood and would be worthy of our aspirations.

Unfortunately, I don't think many Christians would agree with what you wrote because I think there are those who believe that salvation hinges on where you place your “mental ascent” on doctrine. Many hold you must have a mental understanding of who Jesus is exactly to be saved.

I personally find faith to be a reaction to what you have heard. Faith is faithfulness.

I agree with what you wrote on the moral superiority of Christ's message and strive to be faithful to that. The Way. True Light, True Love, True Good and universal Brotherhood are indeed worthy of our aspirations.

I find it sad that so many Christians only listen to Paul and simply look to Christ's death that they forget to look to Christ and what he taught.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi and welcome cato,
    It would be sad if you recognised the Christ as a great teacher but did not hear his command that we be reborn.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 30 2008,19:37)
    Hi and welcome cato,
    It would be sad if you recognised the Christ as a great teacher but did not hear his command that we be reborn.

Yes, while the damn fool atheists just throw everything out, it is essential for us to dote on the baby and drink all of the bathwater as well.

Stuart

Cato
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 30 2008,19:37)
    Hi and welcome cato,

Thank You for the greeting Nick,

Are you supporting reincarnation now?  No, I know you do not, just a jest, but how do you know I am not “born again”, what exactly does it mean to you?  Too often I have heard this over the years as an exclusionary club to separate “we the saved” from the “you of the damned”.  Any spiritual rebirth or transformation would be an intensely personal thing that one does not where upon his sleeve.  I had a brief agnostic phase but through a variety of events came to my current beliefs.   I have been through personal spiritual transformations that have led me to where I am, and as life adds experience my views evolve as I learn more.  Life is a process, not a test or a discrete decision.  I will end here for I am getting off subject for the thread, appreciate the concern though Nick for I view you as sincere.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cato,
    I will bring up some threads.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account