Who and what is Jesus? – The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 449 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Proclaimer. …..if Jesus himself was the word of God himself, he would not tell us to hear what the SPIRIT was saying.

Rubbish.

Why would the Word of God himself be the only being that speaks truth. Angels, humans, and God himself speak truth directly to people. It’s there in scripture.

The Spirit of God leads us and speaks to us. God spoke to humans when he declared his beloved Son. Gabriel spoke to the prophets. Paul, Peter, John, James spoke to Believers.

All truth comes from God. God himself speaks mostly through his Spirit. Jesus Christ as the Word of God speaks to us. His words are God’s words. We also hear from teachers and prophets who are men. Some men hear from angels.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I explained clearly to you. It would be yes and yes. But the first is a person and the latter an attribute. I thought my example of Jesus being the truth who speaks the truth made this crystal clear. But I guess your mind couldn’t see that?

DavidL
    Participant
    Proclaimer
    Participant

People who support the Trinity doctrine cannot post one scripture that supports their view. Instead, they look at any occurance that has a pattern of 3 and squeeze something out of that. You could do exactly the same thing for the number 2 or 4 for example.

There are two lights in the sky for example. This is symbolic of the Binity right? Wrong!

sonofGod
    Participant

Likewise, there are other so called “trinities” in scripture that Trinitarians ignore.

1.  Peter, James and John.

2.  Body, soul and spirit I Thessalonians 5:23

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

3.  Joseph and Mary and Jesus

4.  Job 1:8-9  three beings are mentioned in one verse, thus a trinity (according to some trinitarians, they point out Father and son and spirit in single verses and declare proof of a threesome)

And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

Proclaimer
    Participant

There is that too SonofGod. These are not taken as some kind of trinity even though three things are mentioned.

Nick
    Participant

”Before Abraham I am” was spoken by the Son in whom God dwelled.

we know that God spoke through the Son as Heb 1 told us.

why should it confuse folks?

God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself.

Nick
    Participant

The second century “fathers” were already corrupted by Greek philosophy through Origen et al and their words are not inspired by the Holy Spirit as those of the apostles are so we should pay no attention to them.

Proclaimer
    Participant

”Before Abraham I am” was spoken by the Son in whom God dwelled.

we know that God spoke through the Son as Heb 1 told us.

why should it confuse folks?

God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself.

When Jesus is referring to God he says so.

My Father… Only God is good… My father is greater than I…

When Jesus says: “Before Abraham I am”, he is talking about himself.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The second century “fathers” were already corrupted by Greek philosophy through Origen et al and their words are not inspired by the Holy Spirit as those of the apostles are so we should pay no attention to them.

But it could also be true that you have been corrupted by man’s wisdom or Greek philosophy. After all, Greeks divided the world into uncreated cause of everything or created. So Jesus Christ is either God or a mere man and many say he is God and you say he has only ever been a man.

However, scripture states that the Son is not God and he is not a creation. He is between God and creation / man. He was the first to be with God. He came in the flesh for our sake. He is now in the glory he had with God before the cosmos. Creation is clearly defined as that which was made by God and through the Word. Jesus Christ is the Word.

So who is being influenced by Greek philosophy here?

Nick
    Participant

Thanks for your opinion.
    ”Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up”

Jesus said this, or was it God speaking though him in Jn 2?

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

“God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself”

Was God silent in Christ?

Hebrews1 tells us He spoke through His Son but you disagree?

Nick
    Participant

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the MAN Jesus Christ, who gave himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time.

1 Tim2.5

Yes a man is the mediator.

Nick
    Participant

Because He has fixed a day when He will judge the world in righteousness through a MAN who He has chosen, having furnished proof to all men by raising him from the dead.

Acts 17.33

No doubt about it JESUS CHRIST is an anointed man.

Nick
    Participant

We have the required witnesses to truth. ( 2 Cor 13.1f)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……Yes it was God the Father speaking through the mouth of Jesus, who said ,  ““destroy this Temple and in three day I (God) shall raise it up”.  That is the correct way to understand that . I have told theses people that for over ten years here at different times.

There is another place where the same thing happened, when Jesus said…..Matt 23:37….> “O Jerusalem Jerusalem, you that killed the prophets, and stoned them that are sent unto you, how often would I (God) have gathered your children together, even as a hen gathers her chickens under her wing, and you would not.”

Good work  Nick.

peace and love to you and yours Nick……….gene

Berean
    Participant

In the beginning WAS THE WORD and THE WORD WAS WITH GOD and THE WORD WAS GOD.

AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead (GOD)

bodily (human body)

Col.2:9)

EMMANUEL: GOD WITH US

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.(1Tim.3:16)

“When he says ‘without controversy,’ I suppose he means that there ought to be no controversy about these facts, though controversies have arisen concerning them, and always will, since the most self-evident truth will always find self-evident fools to contradict it.” (Spurgeon)

God was manifested in the flesh: This is the essence of the incarnation; that the Son of God, the Second Person of the Holy Divinity, added to His deity humanity – and was thus manifested in the flesh.

Nick
    Participant

“God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself.” 2 Cor 5.19

Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and signs and wonders which God performed though him in your midst..

Acts 2.22

“God is at work in you to will and to do.”Phil 2.12”

In Jesus and in us it is the work of God.

Nick
    Participant

God was in Christ.

But you think that makes the Son also God?….

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Scripture does not teach about any trinity so why do you call yourself that name?

Surely if you were reborn from above you would be careful to stay within scriptural truth?

Whom do you serve?

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 449 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account