Where to fellowship

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 18 2008,08:54)
    II have decided that God exists independant of christianity, judaism, hinduism, etc

Here, here! I agree wholeheartedly!

meerkat
    Participant

:O eeek …. Thank you, Tim.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 18 2008,10:30)
    :O   eeek  …. Thank you, Tim.

Don't sweat it, Meerkat.

I put myself there once (the non-believers section) because I was researching the Messiahship of Jesus and didn't believe he met all the requirments (I still have reservations about that).

I think when they decided to brand people “believers” and “non-believers” this site went downhill. Whatever, I'm not in charge luckily.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 18 2008,10:28)

II have decided that God exists independant of christianity, judaism, hinduism, etc

Here, here! I agree wholeheartedly!

Mandy,

I believe that a lot of christianity believe that salvation is in christianity

Believers are meant to be the messengers of the GOOD NEWS and a lot are messengers of doom for everyone except for themselves.

1 Tim 4:10 For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

This verse has been changed to only believers

meerkat
    Participant

Hmm … I like that, ……… maybe for my signature.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 18 2008,10:47)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 18 2008,10:28)

Here, here!  I agree wholeheartedly!

Mandy,

I believe that   a lot of christianity believe that salvation is in christianity  

Believers are meant to be the messengers of the GOOD NEWS and a lot are messengers of doom for everyone except for themselves.

1 Tim 4:10  For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

This verse has been changed to only believers

Good eye!
    :;):

meerkat
    Participant

I am a convinced universalist – the more I search the more I find that scriptures reveal it.

Stu
    Participant

I have decided that God exists independant of christianity, judaism, hinduism, etc

Religions are mans search for what they preceive as God, there is more beyond our physical senses, laws of gravity, light, etc and ever further beyond that is a spiritual dimension. That is what spiritual “eyes” perceive.

I have found I am not exactly looking for “christianity” I am looking for what is behind the facade, which has been written about in the bible, and looking for people who are looking for that same thing.

Thanks.

Stuart

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi Meerkat,
    Scriptures do reveal it. But even if they didn't, could you honor a God who would knowingly create
    human life only to sentence over 80% of that creation to an eternity in hell?
    Could you honor a parent who would condemn eight out of ten of their own children
    to burn in torment for ever and ever?

I would despise that parent.

Tim

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 18 2008,10:58)

I have decided that God exists independant of christianity, judaism, hinduism, etc

Religions are mans search for what they preceive as God, there is more beyond our physical senses, laws of gravity, light, etc and ever further beyond that is a spiritual dimension. That is what spiritual “eyes” perceive.

I have found I am not exactly looking for “christianity” I am looking for what is behind the facade, which has been written about in the bible, and looking for people who are looking for that same thing.

Thanks.

Stuart

Hi stu,
    nice to hear from you, hope you are well.
    You do not need to cover your eyes. :D

Tim

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Dec. 18 2008,10:59)
    Hi Meerkat,
    Scriptures do reveal it. But even if they didn't, could you honor a God who would knowingly create
    human life only to sentence over 80% of that creation to an eternity in hell?
    Could you honor a parent who would condemn eight out of ten of their own children
    to burn in torment for ever and ever?

I would despise that parent.

Tim

When I was 14/15 that very some conundrum turned me against christianity. I could not love a God who would punish people forever for ignorance of him.

The problem I had was I knew God existed and had been indoctrinated to think that God belonged to christianity and so by my rejecting christianity I was dooming myself to hell – that is where I left christianity, burying the problem not facing it, so it is only now many years later that I have been able to confront things and learn the lessons.

Not3in1
    Participant

Thanks.

Stuart

What?!
    She gets off that easy, Stu?
    You must not have found anything in her answer to disagree with?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Dec. 17 2008,16:44)
    Careful meerkat,
    they will banish you to the non believers section and you will no longer be able to talk
    to people who are looking for the same thing.

Tim

Nah, just don't say you believe Jesus wasn't the messiah. All else seems to be fair game as long as you take a deistic approach.

Not3in1
    Participant

Hey Kevin,
    I wondered if you were lurking in the shadows….
    Good to hear from you.
    :)

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 18 2008,11:29)

Thanks.

Stuart

What?!
    She gets off that easy, Stu?
    You must not have found anything in her answer to disagree with?

Well you are both searching, so I could only applaud that! My observation is that those who search with an open mind and are able to resolve the internal conflicts end up with a similar view to mine, although I did not arrive at it from that initially believing point of view. That is not to say I think I am unquestionably right but the path of the christian to humanism or buddhism or some other non-Imaginary Friend-based worldview is a well trodden one. Of course I would never share this observation because I would not want to risk an accusation of prostyletising. So I didn't say anything, right?

Stuart

brent.stock7
    Participant

Hi All,

I have not read all of the replies but have read a few. So, I myself have been seeking for a couple years and the Father has not led me unto any group fellowship. I have wanted it sooo badly for so long but he has not allowed. I went to many different churchs trying to find the truth and everytime I went my spirit was grieved. I could not worship properly and kept thinking why do these songs say “Jesus you are the Father”- And why is everyone always asking for money? “Sow a seed or you are robbing God!” – What!?!? And why are these pastors out here outright bragging about arriving to church on their personally owned jet when many in their congregation are struggling to pay rent?
    -Then so the trinity doctrine came up, and I believed differently from everyone else I was in fellowship at that current time. I did not believe in 3 Gods in 1 as they did and whenever I presented this to them, I was told to pray and ask God to reveal it to me- or that I should beware of going to hell, etc..

After many trials and tribulations I am at this point, still going through with one other who I've met in real life that believes in the true Son of God.

Do not settle for a trinity church, but just wait and be patient on the Father! And most buildings as churchs out there believe in the trinity anyway. !And! remember God is not in mansions or buildings made of wood or stone but break a branch or lift a stone and he is there.

May the Father recieve glory for those who do have the true foundation of his Son Jesus. For all who believe in this, but don't agree on other things- this is just where their faith level is.

And know this, this still is only the beginnings of birth pains and the Father is still raising up those who are chosen of his children to lead. He is raising them up for the task and hand and getting them prepared for what is to come. And so when they are ready he will draw all unto each other for fellowship- which is why there is not much fellowship out there in these times. Just be patient, and wait and enjoy the time you have alone with the Father because I can guarantee you when the time comes for fellowship it will not be what you expect. The fellowship of truth- of the Father is not like fellowship of this world (meeting up, acting like everything is okay and dandy-not truely getting to know one another) but TRUE LOVE being there no matter what- staying up for days not getting sleep- going through and going through and going through and going through, leaving all you have for your brother or sisters, giving all you have up for the Father and his other children. Massive trials and tribulations put on from the evil one because he knows what 2 or more in agreement can do. One cast a thousand two cast ten thousand. Many are not ready to go through this yet, which is why many do not have fellowship. But again, be patient while the Father prepares you for these things because I will tell you from my own expierence with only ONE other believer! They are not easy.

brent.stock7
    Participant

-And as for presenting the truth of the Father and the Son to others – This is how it is for myself- This is what my God has told me. He has told me, and shown me from expierence that if I have the opportunity to do it, then do it, and many times if he is wanting me to say something to the person without me even saying anything they will start asking questions about God or the trinity- etc. “Well, What God do you serve?” “What do you know about this, or this..” — Etc, but my God has told me “Brent, don't argue with ANYONE about what you believe- I have set an appointed time for this when I send those whom I choose out to do the task I have already ordained. If such a person is of me, then they will not resist the spirit but accept it and be willing, they either believe or they don't. It is that simple, they believe or they don't. There is NO need to argue, so don't do it.”

And this is what has been revealed unto me.

Cindy
    Participant

Just want to put down real quick what I just experienced. I love to sing, as you know, and at times I feel God so Infinite, that there is no doubt in my mind that that is God's Love. It was so extreme…were now it is back to little old me. What does God say: “Search and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you.” And all of that after your Post.
    Especially the Song that I sang:” It is well with my Soul, it is well, it is well with my Soul.”

Peace and Love Irene

Cindy
    Participant

I want to make you Young 65-70 or older or younger, to read that song I just put in the ” Praise God in Song.” tread Messenger. I had tears in my eyes, it moved me so. I hope you will enjoy it too. Irene

igorwulff
    Participant

I also yearn for fellowship with fellow Christians, for various reasons.

I don't believe in the trinity. For the trinity believers, where did Jesus say that we should believe in the trinity? Where did he say that it is the key to our salvation? Nowhere! I am trying to show others that the trinity isn't something that Jesus taught and isn't biblical, but it appears fruitless. Every time I confront trinitarians with the bible, I get replies with vague stories and explanation, which have most of the time nothing to do with the bible. I also see that trinitarians sometimes use phrases from the bible but almost never look into the context.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account