Where is God exactly?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    AndrewAD
    Participant

Hi Nick,

“Their god is their stomachs rings a bell” Yes it did ring a bell which is partly why I said  what I did. But you also claim God lives in our bellies right?

Oh I guess it’s our spiritual bellies he lives in correct? and out of that spirit belly flows living water, and God only knows what else.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Thanks for all your advice guys. I am secure in seeking knowledge (science) about God. I do so because I try to seek him on every level I can. I know that God’s truth pervades his creation and creation witnesses to us of his greatness. We also know that God can be in all and will be in all because of his redemptive work. God in us. What are we? We are men. Physical beings. But we have a soul and a spirit that gives us the breath of life. Somewhere in all things, God’s Spirit can be there.

I like the idea that the smallest of things have the greatest of energy. Man has yet to reach the smallest of things and see beyond that. I think God is inside all things by his spirit, except of course where there is sin. But sin will be done away with one day.

If you do not care about this topic or seeking God in all places *even Science, then that is fine as our faith all have different limits and to the weak, offence comes easy like the man who doesn’t eat meat. My faith is okay with seeking him even in a scientific way. You can rest assure that I am not swayed by these scientists who are also Atheists. I tend to agree with scripture that they are self-confessed wise who are really fools. They hold know sway over me as far as God goes. I also like to question all things and would like to think that I am not arrogant and would not listen to anyone. I give all a chance, but then I weigh things up. This is not meant to be taken that I accept all. No, you do not have to worry and I do not know where you get that idea.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi t8,

It would be best if you also could hear the Spirit.

Then we could resume dialogue.

Something tells me that the dialogue you are talking about is to continue to judge and condemn others, but not judge yourself.

Paul judged himself so he would have less judgement later. I think Paul was a wise man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Your obsession with judging others causes the finger to point at you.

Surely you can hear the Spirit in the voice of Jesus Christ as others can.

Miia
    Participant

Don’t mean to interrupt, or even know if I should but, to the topic “where is God exactly”..

One of my sons was about three, and staying at Gmas house, and they were going to Church. Before then, my son had asked her where God lives, and she said “God lives inside you”. They walked to church, and passed an old lady friend who asked them where they were going. My son said, “I’m taking God to Church” !

kerwin
    Participant

Miia,

Nice joke.

Miia
    Participant

Thanks. He really believed he was taking God to church (just three years old!). Cute. 🙂

kerwin
    Participant

Miia,

God is ever present but he does not move with you when you move as you move in his being but I am not sure how to teach a child that.

His answer reveals he thought about it though his answer was not correct.

In this issue, we are in son’s place as far as God is concerned.

Miia
    Participant

I tell my youngest son (not the son in the last post) that God is always there, and to pray to him.

Once there was a quite big earthquake and my son was at school. He said the first thing he did was pray. Another time he was at a friends house, and the friend was playing rated Xbox games which my son didn’t feel right about, and he said he prayed that God forgive him for being there! So far, he has chosen as best friends (he is 10) a Christian and a Muslim! But, telling him that God is there when he pray, he understand this.

I can remember as a kid myself, walking through a bush track, and I thought someone was following me. I prayed to God that I promise I will never ask for another thing ever again, so long as he save me. Of course, I never stuck to that promise. And, I must add that God did not answer MOST of my prayers for decades, (though there were some miracles), but then finally made his presence truly known. I felt he had always been there, even if for much of the time I didn’t know that, (hardly prayed etc).

Point is, I believe that God is there (beside us) as Christians, whether we realize it or not. I would call it God/ God’s presence though I know that God dwells up in heaven.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi t8,

Your obsession with judging others causes the finger to point at you.

Your joking right?

You attack myself and others by making accusations all day long that we do not follow the Spirit and such. And you make these judgements from yourself and from your own words.

I give you scripture and compare to your teachings and when your teaching is found wanting or is threatened, I am then accused of judging.

But oh no, it is me judging you because that feeling you get from what I say is suppose to be me harshly judging you I assume, when in reality it is scripture I am quoting to you. Such as: “Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist–denying the Father and the Son” or “Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God”.

I am not judging, the scripture that I quote is doing that. If you feel it is irrelevant to you, then continue right on the path you are walking because only you will give an account for your life and you steer the ship, and you will be the one to give account. But to say that I judge you and you do not judge would have to be a delusion of some kind. However, if I do judge you as you say and I am quoting the written words of God, then perhaps I should feel privilege that you pin that on me or associate God’s written words with myself.

My advice to you now and before is to stop judging others and judge yourself. It will make a huge difference to your faith and heart toward God because you will change if you judge yourself and hopefully repent. Then you will have dealt with things while in the body and less things will be dealt with when we meet him. I not only offer this advice to you, but to all here, and to myself.

There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

So what I am saying is the words of Jesus and of others in scripture can condemn us if we do not accept them because they are inspired by God. This is why I believe in challenging all teaching and spirits and using scripture. But I do not want to judge people and tell them that they do not hear from the spirit etc.  That is quite a serious charge from you because those who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

But the evidence in the written word is that if we are born from above, we will love and we will believe that Jesus is the Christ. When people teach or act otherwise, I just quote these or other relevant scriptures to help them. It is not my fault if they take that as me personally judging them when all I am doing is helping then with scripture.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Don’t kill the messenger as the saying goes.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Get over yourself.

It is the truth that is important.

If you take on a teaching role watch your words.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Sounds like a threat Nick. lol.

Love is kind and those who love are born of God. You can infer all day that you are the only one with the Spirit here, but we will believe you have that Spirit when we see the required fruit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

You suggest others need to love while you indulge in judgement?

Leave it to God.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I do not judge people. I judge what people teach and use scripture to do it. I will continue to do this. I do not say a man has not the Spirit like some do here or that a man is damned. I do not pass judgement, that is up to God. I judge the teachings and the spirit. If that makes you uncomfortable, then that is not my fault because I have never said to you that you are damned or have not the Spirit. I would never pass any kind of judgement to you or others and if I have done so, then I am wrong because I am not God.

The Antichrist spirit denies that Jesus is the Christ. This is the sort of thing I test. I test what people teach and it is scripture that either supports what is being said or shows it up as wanting.

Where have I judged you specifically?

Proclaimer
    Participant

You suggest others need to love while you indulge in judgement?

The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

In other words, instead of taking responsibility, she tried to pass it on.

Nick, those who are born of the spirit will love. It makes no difference if others do not love. This is applicable to all of us individually. We need to make sure that we have a solid base ourselves.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Realise that the works of God are enabled by the Spirit of God and your judgements will cease.

Ascribing to man what is of God is folly.

kerwin
    Participant

t8 and Nick,

Are this discussion fruitful?

Should we as students of Christ on to our anger or should we let it go?

How do we let it go when those we care about hold on to those thing we find false?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Nick, I will not give up judging teachings. Sorry, but that is not going to happen. Veiling it as me judging people, will not sway me either. Also, you do not win a debate by having the last word. It is in the truth that a person speaks that matters, not veiled or blatant accusations against people. The Pharisees attacked Jesus character when they could not find fault in his application of what was written. I expect people will do the same against me when I teach and defend scripture. Of course, I do not mind being corrected as that will make me better. We should be humble and love one another. But also know how to wield the sword of the Spirit.

Proclaimer
    Participant

kewin, I am not angry and hateful. I am defending Nick’s accusations against me, something you do yourself.

I have no problem giving an answer to what I believe. But I also need to try and rest accusations against myself and others in these forums. There is a process of doing that here and that process is enacted.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

The Pharisees did not recognise the Spirit of God speaking through Jesus.

It is to be hoped that you will acknowledge the powers of God in men.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account