what truth do we know for sure ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 568 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Good posts Pierre.

I enjoy reading them. :)

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 04 2011,19:31)
    Good posts Pierre.

I enjoy reading them. :)

mike

Thank you Mike

:)

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

do you have faith so strong that you apply Gods teachings that Jesus as communicated trough his apostles,and presented as the bible of today?

but do you apply it because it make so much better sense than all the other teachings ?

or you do it because when you first were introduced to the scriptures you were melting inside ,and the words went strait to your heart

as time went by you still feel that emotion in your heart,and you can not stop from reading it again and again ,and talk to others about ,I mean anyone you meet,

after time goes on is your faith stronger or did it lost some steam,?

it should never loose steam if it does you are in trouble your faith is dieing ,this should be fix now,not tomorrow,now.

our faith should never be weak only grow stronger because if we make our knowledge grow it will make it grow,

in our mind and all our thoughts should be focus on the future that God old for us.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

many so called believers like to think that the holy spirit is a being ,that climb in people when they get baptized in water,so there believe is that unless you got a water baptism you can not receive the holy spirit,so there mind is turn around the ritual of water baptism,is this scriptural?

let get things strait, God spirit is his will,execution of his thoughts,the spirit is only called holy after the fall of men,and this is to make the difference between what comes from God or the Devil.

the fact that the holy spirit came down on Christ is very simple ,this was a visible action of God to show that this was and is the messiah that he had talked about for so long in his word trough the prophets,
    wen the apostles and other believers received the holy spirit it was also to realize what was said trough the prophet's like Joel 2;and remember the holy spirit comes from God,but wen all what was said by the prophet's was accomplished all miracles,gifts,were stopped,and there was now only one prophesy left and that still was open to all men,Jn 17:20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,
    Jn 17:21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

this we all are those believer that have believed in there message ,and the transmission of the hands has been lost after the dead of all the apostles.

so the spirit(pure and true knowledge) we receive is trough the word of God that as been given to holy men influence by the holy spirit(pure) to us.

Pierre

of cause there are many other things that have been prophetized and still have to be fullfiled.

Anonymous

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 02 2011,08:52)
    ……………..or perhaps, to word it differently:

The arm OF God cannot possibly BE the God it is the arm OF.

The Spirit OF God cannot possibly BE the God it is the Spirit OF.

The Son OF God cannot possibly BE the God he is the Son OF.

The same would apply to the Priest OF God, the Servant OF God, the Lamb OF God, the Messiah OF God, etc.

mike

Mike,

As it is written it doesn't make sense.

When we mention God we mean Father Son and Holy Spirit.
    When we mention the Father we mention also God
    When we mention the Son we mention also God
    When we mention the Holy Spirit we mention also God

The Father is powerful through God's spirit
    The Son is Powerful through God's spirit
    The Holy Spirit is powerful through both the Father and the Son

We cannot Just say spirit,we have to mention whom the spirit is representing,since there are countless of both good and evil spirits.

All these are scriptural. Although the Father and the Son have a function on their own,this function is only possible through the Holy Spirit who is also a God, but within both the Father and the Son.
    Non of the three persons can function on their own.
    The incarnation was only Possible through the Holy Spirit of the Father,not the Holy Spirit on His own they are inseparable.
    They are in full harmony as proof that God is a loving God through charity among them.Like a family.

God's Spirits are seven and lives within themselves even if they are separated.

Rev: 5:6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.These are:

1 spirit of Father,Son,and Holy Spiriit
    1 spirit of the Father plus
    1 spirit of the son
    1 spirit of the Holy Spirit
    1 spirit of Father and Son Archangel Michael
    1 spirit of Father and Holy Spirit Archangel Gabriel
    I spirit of Son and Holy Spirit Archangel Lucifer one third of heavenly Hosts

A human, although one person could have within himself loads of evil spirits.Spirits don't take space.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (csaliba @ May 05 2011,13:56)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 02 2011,08:52)
    ……………..or perhaps, to word it differently:

The arm OF God cannot possibly BE the God it is the arm OF.

The Spirit OF God cannot possibly BE the God it is the Spirit OF.

The Son OF God cannot possibly BE the God he is the Son OF.

The same would apply to the Priest OF God, the Servant OF God, the Lamb OF God, the Messiah OF God, etc.

mike

Mike,

As it is written it doesn't make sense.

When we mention God we mean Father Son and Holy Spirit.
    When we mention the Father we mention also God
    When we mention   the Son  we mention also God
    When we mention the Holy Spirit we mention also God

The Father is powerful through God's spirit
    The Son is Powerful through  God's spirit
    The Holy Spirit is powerful through both the Father and the Son

We cannot Just say spirit,we have to mention whom the spirit is representing,since there are countless of both good and evil spirits.

All these are scriptural. Although the Father and the Son have a function on their own,this function is only possible through the Holy Spirit who is also a God, but within both the Father and the Son.
    Non of the three persons can function on their own.
    The incarnation was only Possible through the Holy Spirit of the Father,not the Holy Spirit on His own they are inseparable.
    They are in full harmony as proof that God is a loving God through charity among them.Like a family.

God's Spirits are seven and lives within themselves even if they are separated.

Rev: 5:6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.These are:

1 spirit of Father,Son,and Holy Spiriit
    1 spirit of the Father plus
    1 spirit of the son
    1 spirit of the Holy Spirit
    1 spirit of Father and Son               Archangel Michael
    1 spirit of Father and Holy Spirit      Archangel Gabriel
    I spirit of Son and Holy Spirit          Archangel  Lucifer one third of heavenly Hosts

A human, although one person could have within himself loads of evil spirits.Spirits don't take space.

Hi csaliba

you comment is for the least trinitarian and should be discussed in that environment,look in the topic trinity 1 and 2

the trinity is not of God and so not a truth but a lie and will not be discussed here.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

the truth of God is received when we approach God with a true heart ,if we search with our heart for understanding truthfully,God will give .

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

is Israel of today has anything to do with scriptures ? NO

God has made a total separation between himself and the nation of Israel ,

WHENat the coming of Christ;

Jn 4:21 Jesus declared, “Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.
    Jn 4:22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.
    Jn 4:23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
    Jn 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”

Ac 10:43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”
    Ac 10:44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message.
    Ac 10:45 The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles.

and the final separation came in 70 AD when Titus destroyed all what was stand higher than the ground.

so it should be with our hearth that we believe and acting according to that believe or faith and so demonstrate our love for our God the father of Christ

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

it is said many things about the spirit in scriptures ;to have,to be in,to seek ,to receive ,driven,etc….

what is a spirit ? in scriptures to my understanding it stands for the person or being ;believes,intention,actions,and feelings,

but the spirit can also be given to a number of people with a same ;believes,intentions,actions,and feelings.

just like a company or a city,country ,family all have a spirit, this is why many expressions come from ,good country,good company,good family etc…

the opposite is also true.

in scriptures it is not different having God spirit means you are doing what God wants ,or if you have Christ spirit it would mean that you apply what Christ as teach ed and follow in his foot steps,this is what all the first Christians did,it said they all had one spirit ,like one man,it is like being united to Christ and his father all in the same spirit or ;believes,intentions,actions,and feelings.

this is how we apply love for God,by ;;Love your God with all your heart and soul, and strength.

and this is how we become ONE with Christ and God in spirit.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

now there are spirit beings what are different of the ;;believes,intention,actions,and feelings

but are really being,who are in the realm of God,so we have to pay attention wen the word spirit is used.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

it says in scriptures that God is LOVEbut it says as well to love your God with all your heart and soul and strength,

can we then believe that God will save us no matter what just because it says he is LOVE?

Job 37:13 He brings the clouds to punish men,

1Sa 15:2 This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt.

Ps 59:5 O LORD God Almighty, the God of Israel,
    rouse yourself to punish all the nations;
    show no mercy to wicked traitors

Ps 94:10 Does he who disciplines nations not punish?
    Does he who teaches man lack knowledge?
    Ps 119:84 How long must your servant wait?
    When will you punish my persecutors?

Isa 13:11 I will punish the world for its evil,
    the wicked for their sins.
    I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty
    and will humble the pride of the ruthless.
    Isa 24:21 In that day the LORD will punish
    the powers in the heavens above
    and the kings on the earth below.

Isa 26:21 See, the LORD is coming out of his dwelling
    to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
    The earth will disclose the blood shed upon her;
    she will conceal her slain no longer

Jer 2:19 Your wickedness will punish you;
    your backsliding will rebuke you.
    Consider then and realize
    how evil and bitter it is for you
    when you forsake the LORD your God
    and have no awe of me,”
    declares the Lord, the LORD Almighty.
    Jer 5:9 Should I not punish them for this?”
    declares the LORD.
    “Should I not avenge myself
    on such a nation as this?

Jer 21:14 I will punish you as your deeds deserve,
    declares the LORD.

Jer 36:31 I will punish him and his children and his attendants for their wickedness; I will bring on them and those living in Jerusalem and the people of Judah every disaster I pronounced against them, because they have not listened

Hos 4:9 And it will be: Like people, like priests.
    I will punish both of them for their ways
    and repay them for their deeds.

Hos 8:13 They offer sacrifices given to me
    and they eat the meat,
    but the LORD is not pleased with them.
    Now he will remember their wickedness
    and punish their sins:

Hos 8:13 They offer sacrifices given to me
    and they eat the meat,
    but the LORD is not pleased with them.
    Now he will remember their wickedness
    and punish their sins:

Zep 1:12 At that time I will search Jerusalem with lamps
    and punish those who are complacent,
    who are like wine left on its dregs,
    who think, ‘The LORD will do nothing,
    either good or bad.’

think again what God did in the past he will do in the near future.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

this is in the new testament;

2Co 10:6 And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.
    1Th 4:6 and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him. The Lord will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you.
    2Th 1:8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
    1Pe 2:14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right.

Zec 10:3 “My anger burns against the shepherds,
    and I will punish the leaders;
    for the LORD Almighty will care
    for his flock, the house of Judah

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

last night i looked at a show a documentary about the Hubble satellite in space,

the pictures I saw where haw,the billion of stars ,planets,galaxies,and other things,in a space so vast that no wander that scriptures says ;what is men ?;a grain of sand,

and I question myself to what can we compere God ?where does God sit on his throne ?
    how great is God to have created all those thing I saw and I know that I did not see it all,

I say in my hearth please God do never leave me without you,

and I thank you my God to have let me known you.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

it is our obligation to search for God ,because of his creation, that we are.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

who is Christ?

Pr 8:22 “The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works,
    before his(Gods) deeds of old;
    Pr 8:23 I(Christ) was appointed from eternity,
    from the beginning, before the world began.
    Pr 8:24 When there were no oceans, I (Christ)was given birth,
    when there were no springs abounding with water;
    Pr 8:25 before the mountains were settled in place,
    before the hills, I was given birth,
    Pr 8:26 before he made the earth or its fields
    or any of the dust of the world.
    Pr 8:27 I was there when he set the heavens in place,
    when he(God) marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,
    Pr 8:28 when he(God) established the clouds above
    and fixed securely the fountains of the deep,
    Pr 8:29 when he gave the sea its boundary
    so the waters would not overstep his command,
    and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.
    Pr 8:30 Then I(Christ) was the craftsman at his side.
    I was filled with delight day after day,
    rejoicing always in his presence,
    Pr 8:31 rejoicing in his whole world
    and delighting in mankind.

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

2Pe 1:20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation.
    2Pe 1:21 For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit

2Pe 1:8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    2Pe 1:9 But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.

as Christians we can not, never stop progressing to reach for truth and become righteous and holy`.

our knowledge as to be true and increasing to no end.

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca………………What does all these scriptures have to do with what you are trying to prove? Just quoting hundreds of scriptures doesn't prove anything especially if they are not subject related. It is like rambling on and saying nothing. Try to be specific to your points brother. IMO

peace and love to you and yours Pierre …………………………………………….gene

princess
    Participant

all need to once in a while just say what is on the heart, without structure or purpose. why must there be a reason to for this Gene.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 09 2011,07:59)
    Terricca………………What does all these scriptures have to do with what you are trying to prove? Just quoting hundreds of scriptures doesn't prove anything especially if they are not subject related. It is like rambling on and saying nothing. Try to be specific to your points brother. IMO

peace and love to you and yours Pierre …………………………………………….gene

Gene

Mt 15:18 But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man ‘unclean.’
    1Pe 1:22 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (princess @ May 09 2011,08:07)
    all need to once in a while just say what is on the heart, without structure or purpose. why must there be a reason to for this Gene.

Princess

yes you are right

:)

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

well many on this site do not believe that spirit being are idividual souls and yet are spirits,

have a sort of body ,and belong to the same family than we are;

Eph 3:14 For this reason I kneel before the Father,
    Eph 3:15 from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name.
    Eph 3:16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,
    Eph 3:17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith

in verse 17 it shows how Christ dwells in a believer ,

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 568 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account