What it means to walk in the spirit?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 61 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Author

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 30 2009,00:49)
    Hi CON,
    Have you become a jew?
    Should you?

I was born a Jew. I am a Polish born Qārāʾîm (Karaite) who believes in the Messiah.

Baruch HaBah B'Shem Ad-nai

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    But your hope is not in your human origin is it?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 30 2009,01:13)
    Hi CON,
    But your hope is not in your human origin is it?

My hope is in the One true God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    Rebirth into the Son of God of water and the Spirit offers you that hope. Then you must led led by and walk in the Spirit.
    The apostles in Acts lived out this ability letting God continue His work in them as it was done in His Son.
    Reflecting on obedience to the Law is not what He wants but hunger for more of such ability.
    There is much to be done and ready vessels are sought for his rain of grace.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    Men can do nothing useful for God of their own spirit.
    Vessels for service or pots to discard.
    Our choice to fully submit.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 30 2009,14:48)
    Hi KW,
    There is no culture or relevance of any human division in Jesus. He is not divided.

Since I stated what you just did I am assuming you are not disagreeing with me.  

Do you agree with my point that The Law of Moses is Jewish culture?

That is why James advised Paul to purify himself in Jerusalem.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Is that all it is to you?
    The Word of God is just a human grouping?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Since life in the Spirit is freedom God does not take issue with what is irrelevant and can divide.
    Circumcision or lack of it saves or condemns nobody.
    Christ is all and Christ is yes.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

Is that all it is to you?
    The Word of God is just a human grouping?

I am not sure how you reached that conclusion from my point that The Law of Moses is Jewish culture.  

I am assuming you do not understand the definition of “culture” I am using.

Try this meaning for culture.

Merriam-Webster.com on October 30,2009 reads:

5 b: the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group

Nick Hassan wrote:

Since life in the Spirit is freedom God does not take issue with what is irrelevant and can divide.

Circumcision or lack of it saves or condemns nobody.

Christ is all and Christ is yes.

I have no disagreement with what you say but you seem at the same to advocate that Jews behave like Gentiles and with that I do have a disagreement.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Gentiles do not become Jews and Jews do not become gentiles as in Christ there is no division.

All must present themselves as unclean mere earthly vessels to be made useful to God.[2Cor2]
    Then established and empowered in Jesus we can do all things through Him Who strengthens us[Phil]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus walked in the Spirit.

Unnoticed as being any different in the society in which he lived [Is 53]and perhaps even weak as God's power shows up best in weak vessels he became as God on earth healing and teaching and ministering to all after the Jordan.

We follow him.

Beloved
    Participant

Walking in the Spirit is a mindset.

Just like walking in the flesh is a mindset.

If your mind is set to walk with God, you are walking in the Spirit. If your mind is set to that of this world, [not God], you are walking in the flesh.

The only way to change from walking in the flesh to walking in the Spirit is to change your mindset and set your mind to walking in the Spirit. How do you change your mindset? By the renewing of your mind. [Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind.] How do you renew your mind? By reading and meditating on the Word of God and applying it to your life.

Walking in the spirit involves you not just learning and hearing the Word, but doing it.

Just like walking in the flesh involves you committing sin, which is 'all in the verb', meaning that a sin is an action that you perform/do.

But we do the things we do [good or bad] based on what we think, yes?

The mind is the battlefield, which is what makes us free moral agents. We have the ability to choose if God or the world wins in our minds. Its our decision. That's how people can know something is bad in their minds, but still do it anyway.

The tricky part is that our mindset is often persuaded to go one way or the other, whether we want it to or not. Whether we think about it or not. Everything that anyone says to you, does to or with you, your environment, everything around you is trying to put a stronghold in your mind that will either get you to make the choice to walk in the Spirit [choose Life] or walk in the flesh [choose death].

I pray that more people receive the revelation that while they are living and breathing, they have the ability to make a choice and that they chose Life.

If you want me to use scripture to back this up, I'll gladly provide it in another post. The only reason I didn't this time is because I want to get my point across at nearly 4am before bed. Having to stumble across this post at the last minute.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi B,
    And grace enables what we hope to do.
    Ask, seek, knock.
    Jesus is yes.

RokkaMan
    Participant

I believe walking in spirit is focusing and following the spirit not the carnal world.

If you have the choice to give someone food, and you both are hungry.

Walking in spirit would be to give them the food rather than eat it for yourself.
    ———————-
    Or choosing not to fight even though someone is provoking you (especially if you know you will win).
    ———————-
    Or not retaliating when you find out that your wife or husband cheated, even though you want to attack them.

Walking in spirit is choosing the things of God over the things of this world.

When God says No, but your body or mind says Yes….walking in spirit would be choosing what God says.

Another way of looking at it is…WWJD

The Holy Spirit convicts your soul indeed…I've felt it plenty times tell me not to do something, when I am about to sin….

Listening to that voice is walking in spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi RM,
    How can we focus on what is a gentle wind?
    It blows where it will if we stand back.
    We must let go and let God.

Participant

Hi:

Beloved said:

The only way to change from walking in the flesh to walking in the Spirit is to change your mindset and set your mind to walking in the Spirit. How do you change your mindset? By the renewing of your mind. [Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind.] How do you renew your mind? By reading and meditating on the Word of God and applying it to your life.

Walking in the spirit involves you not just learning and hearing the Word, but doing it.

Absolutely Correct! :)

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

hi to all
    i dont agree whit that statement your mind cannot by it self walk in the spirit you need the combination of you haerth and mind to walk in the spirit and above all knowledge of the one you serve God our master and father,the fact that we choose good or bad is with our hearth,otherwise we be doing a lip service to God ,wath you think

Viewing 17 posts - 61 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account