What it means to walk in the spirit?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 30 2009,15:06)
    Hi 94,
    So some of what Jesus said applied to his Jewish hearers and some to all and we must be discerning. We are not Jews and have never been under their law

Hi Nick:

Please show me what commandments that Jesus gave apply only to the Jews.

Mat 7:24 ¶ Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

He said “whosoever heareth and doeth”.

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so,

Again, he says “Whosoever therefore shall break…”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 30 2009,08:37)
    Hi KW,
    Time might have produced a better response?

Like you,  I hope he changed his ways at a later time.  Still we should remember what happened to the people of Israel who God led out of Egypt when they chose to put an idol between God and them.  Many perished!

terraricca
    Participant

hi to all
    look up galatians 5;16-18 Live by the spirit and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature……….but if you are led by the spirit you are not under the law.
    also read Gal ;5;26 (fruit of the spirit)

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 30 2009,12:07)
    hi to all
    look up galatians 5;16-18 Live by the spirit and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature……….but if you are led by the spirit you are not under the law.

It is true that if you live by the Spirit then you will not violate the Law.

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 28 2009,17:18)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 28 2009,20:46)
    There are some who believe walking in the Spirit is something completely different walking in obedience to the law of Yahweh.

What do you think?

:cool:

Hi Con:

What do you think that Jesus meant when he said:

Luke 6:46And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Sounds like they are disobedient to the law, thus they reap what they sow:

Matthew 7:20-23 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Marty, kinda sounds like a few in here.

Ahavat HaEmet

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 29 2009,18:36)
    Hi KW,
    He went away sorrowing but perhaps later he got over the grief?

Or perhaps he didn't

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 29 2009,19:03)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 29 2009,21:13)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 29 2009,00:50)
    Hi CON,
    The sons of God are led by the Spirit of God.[rom8]
    Seeing dim reflections in legal obedience does not say we are YET sons.

Why is it your ears do not hear?

Why do you keep professing I follow the law as my salvation. You just don't listen do you. :cool:

Hi:

It is because we are sons that we obey, out of our love and appreciation for what He has done for us in the person of His Son and His Christ, our Lord Jesus who said “If you love me keep my commandments.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Well said!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 30 2009,15:17)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 30 2009,15:06)
    Hi 94,
    So some of what Jesus said applied to his Jewish hearers and some to all and we must be discerning. We are not Jews and have never been under their law

Hi Nick:

Please show me what commandments that Jesus gave apply only to the Jews.

Mat 7:24 ¶ Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:  

He said “whosoever heareth and doeth”.

Mat 5:19   Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so,

Again, he says “Whosoever therefore shall break…”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi 94,
    The commission of Jesus was to go the Jews and both he and they were still under the OT.

He taught them about their Law in response to their specific questions and also spoke of the New Covenant speaking of both to the rich young man in Mt19.

Many have wrongly attributed his teaching about the Jewish Law as being also towards those who were never under that Law and now they judge others for not taking on board what was never theirs.

Sad really.
    Confusion on confusion
    You cannot serve two masters.

The schoolmaster was not even their master when they entered the new covenant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 29 2009,20:06)
    Hi 94,

Jesus taught only to the Jews, it wasn't til after his death that the Apostles took the message to the gentiles.

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 29 2009,22:07)
    hi to all

You won't be UNDER THE LAW, because you won't transgress it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    The OT law applies to those with which that covenant was made.
    We never become them but they are joined with us in the true Israel.
    Yes if you walk in the Spirit you would never transgress that old Law

terraricca
    Participant

hi con
    yes your conclution is totaly thrue ,you dont neet 20 verses to prove a point ,the scriptures are very plain and direct if someone do not understant with two or three quotation from the bible ,he should read more untill the spirit of Christ who is in the scriptures will bring him the light of understsanding,of course also with praires this will show wath you really want in your heart.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 29 2009,23:23)
    Hi CON,
    Yes if you walk in the Spirit you would never transgress that old Law

Seems to me Israel is the original vine and we (gentiles) are grafted in to that vine.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    Yes we are …but we do not become Jews.
    There is no longer Jew or gentile…

Wild olives cannot be made cultivated olives by engrafting, as Paul implies (Ro 11:24), but a wild olive branch thus grafted would thrive. So Gentiles would flourish spiritually when grafted into the fullness of God’s mercy, first revealed to the world through Israel.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    But their covenant is not the one that is new and for all.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 29 2009,23:34)
    Hi CON,

Not according to what you said:

[QUOTEHi CON,
    Yes if you walk in the Spirit you would never transgress that old Law[/QUOTE]

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 30 2009,13:34)
    Hi CON,

I believe you are misunderstanding what Paul was teaching as I can assure I can be an American by culture and another man can be a German by culture and yet we are both one people in the Anointed One.

I should no more segregate myself from that German than I would from the man who enjoys playing polo while I do not.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    There is no culture or relevance of any human division in Jesus. He is not divided.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    Have you become a jew?
    Should you?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account