What Is The Church?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 185 total)
  • Author

Quote (rejoycesing @ Sep. 17 2006,05:56)
    Hello H
    I checked out your church web site.  The answers to several questions assumes that God needed evolution to complete the creation of man.  How can this, evolution, be taught by a Christian Church? :O

Dear rejoycesing,

You are referring to God said, man said right? If so, you will have to give me more information then what you just posted. For we believe that the world is young, about 6000 years. So I am confused with your post and unless you tell me what you are referring to, I cannot comment on it.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Tim2 offers us the ecumenical denominations together as the Church. Who agrees that these show any real form of unity or love of the scriptures? Who is their leader and what is their doctrine?

Oxy
    Participant

Interesting. During the evangelical church there was a lack of unity. Throughout the Pentecostal and Charismatic movements there has been a lack of unity. Will unity be found in Tabernacles?

Oxy
    Participant

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, check out my page http://www.all4god.net/beyond_pentecost.htm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Useful unity will not be found in falsehoods such as trinity.
    And to have fellowship with God and His son you must abide in scripture.

2Jn
    6And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

7For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

8Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

charity
    Participant

Where is The Church?

My kingdom is not of this… occurs in 1 verse in the KJV
    Page 1 / 1 (Jhn 18:36 – Jhn 18:36)
    Jhn 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

John Has SAID IN Jesus Name that because The servants did not make “war” ??that he is delivered to the Jews and for this the world is can not hence??

Ye are from beneath occurs in 1 verse in the KJV
    Page 1 / 1 (Jhn 8:23 – Jhn 8:23)
    Jhn 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Yet this He MADE THE WORLD?

Jhn 1:3
    All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    Jhn 1:10
    He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

charity
    Participant

Quote (charity @ April 30 2007,09:00)
    Where is The Church?

Jhn 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

John Has SAID IN Jesus Name that because The servants did not make “war” ??that he is delivered to the Jews and for this the world is can not hence??

Jhn 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Isa 52:1 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.

charity
    Participant

Isa 52:10 The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

Isa 52:11 ¶ Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean [thing]; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD.

Isa 52:12 For ye shall not go out with haste, nor go by “flight”: for the LORD will go before you; and the God of Israel [will be] your rereward.

Isa 52:13 ¶ Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.

Isa 52:14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

Isa 52:15 So shall he sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for [that] which had not been told them shall they see; and [that] which they had not heard shall they consider.

The supper ended???
    Jhn 13:2 And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's [son], to betray him;

1Cr 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, [this] is not to eat the Lord's supper.
    Rev 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (charity @ April 30 2007,09:00)
    Where is The Church?

Hi charity,
    The kingdom is of heaven.
    The light of heaven is brought to earth.
    Do you think Christ had to be on earth to be involved in it's creation?

charity
    Participant

And supper being ended occurs in 1 verse in the KJV
    Page 1 / 1 (Jhn 13:2 – Jhn 13:2)
    Jhn 13:2
    And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's [son], to betray him;

depart out of this world occurs in 1 verse in the KJV
    Page 1 / 1 (Jhn 13:1 – Jhn 13:1)
    Jhn 13:1
    Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

Then cometh he to Simon Peter… occurs in 1 verse in the KJV
    Page 1 / 1 (Jhn 13:6 – Jhn 13:6)
    Jhn 13:6
    Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?

began to wash the disciples… occurs in 1 verse in the KJV
    Page 1 / 1 (Jhn 13:5 – Jhn 13:5)
    Jhn 13:5
    After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe [them] with the towel wherewith he was girded.

disciples feet occurs in 2 verses in the KJV
    Page 1 / 1 (Mat 28:9 – Jhn 13:5)
    Mat 28:9
    And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

Jhn 13:5
    After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe [them] with the towel wherewith he was girded.

charity
    Participant

Sorry! The search criteria that you entered, Last supper, does not yield any results in the KJV.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    Compare all the descriptions of the faithful recorders of the events of the life of Jesus and they are rarely exactly the same. Some hear slightly different things or record slight differences in detail but none of them is a liar. All are faithful to what the Spirit brought to their recall and God used all of them to fill out the full tapestry of truth. Scripture is sacred as the words of God. Sometimes fallible vessels do not handle it very well but we do not sit in judgement over God or his anointed vessels ever.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 30 2007,08:38)
    Hi Oxy,
    Useful unity will not be found in falsehoods such as trinity.
    And to have fellowship with God and His son you must abide in scripture.

2Jn
    6And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

7For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

8Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Hi Nick, as I have stated previously, your stand on trinity is one that not everyone shares.

I am as convinced of my beliefs as you are of yours. And as we both know from previous discussions, we can both find Scripture to prove our points, so what is the point?

The bottom line is that we believe in the need to be born again and that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Tim2
    Participant

Oxy,

So if Nick comes preaching another Jesus, you will put up with it? 2 Corinthians 11:4.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ May 01 2007,07:23)
    Oxy,

So if Nick comes preaching another Jesus, you will put up with it?  2 Corinthians 11:4.

Hi Tim

Not sure what your point is, but obviously if anyone preaches a Jesus who is not the Son of God, Saviour, Lord, risen from the dead etc, then no, that is not acceptable.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Tim2 preaches another Jesus who is not our Lord but our God,
    thus denying both the Father and the Son.

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Oxy,

My concern is that you're compromising with someone who believes in a different Jesus, a Jesus who is not God. Jesus is the true God and eternal life.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    So do your beliefs and creeds define membership of the church of God or does the bible?

Tim2
    Participant

Nick,

If you read the Bible, you would see that the creeds merely repeat what the Bible says.

Tim

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account