What Is The Church?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 185 total)
  • Author

Nick, have you been born again? When I asked Jesus into my heart, there was no doubt. Repentance was there. I knew I was sinner and was pricked in my heart. That is what believing is all about.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Where does it say in scripture any man is saved by asking Jesus into their heart?
    It sounds like another gospel to me.

No, like Jesus, we need the three witnesses in heaven[1Jn 5.7-8]
    The Spirit
    The water and
    The Blood.

Nick, I have posted scriptures before to you.

Acts 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Nick, when a man realizes he is a sinner and believes that Jesus died on the cross for his sins so that he can be forgiven, his heart becomes convicted by the Holy Spirit and he repents of his sins and is saved, born again. This is what it is all about.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    And continuing your scripture quote to put it in a proper context.
    Acts 16 32f
    “And they spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house.And he brought them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and IMMEDIATELY HE WAS BAPTISED, he and all his household”

What did Phililp say to the eunuch for him to say in Acts 8.36
    “Look! Water! What prevents me from being baptised?”

After he believed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Belief is the first step towards God.
    Obedience proves that belief in the eyes of God.

Nick, it is by faith, we are saved. We learn that we are sinners and that God sent his son, Jesus Christ to die for our sin, so that all who believe in him will be saved.

Acts 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

To prove that a man is saved by believing and not by being water baptized, all one has to do is look at what the Lord did with the Gentiles. They believed and then they recieved the baptism of the Holy Spirit as those on the day of Pentecost. Then they went and recieved water baptism. If they were not born again, they would have not been able to have recieve the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

KJV: Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

Acts 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    God proved they were clean enough in His sight to be used as vessels for His Spirit and so they were born of the Spirit. They were baptised in the Spirit. But Peter, to fulfill all righteousness, ensured they were also baptised in water-born of water.

Yes we WILL be saved.

In the meantime there is the matter of obedience.

Nick, they were saved. They were baptized in the Holy Spirit. They were filled with the Holy Spirit. If they were not saved, this could not be so. To believe differently is of the spirit of the antichrist.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Is to believe differently to you to be of the antichrist, or can you show this from scripture?

Are your views the basis of Christian truth?

Where does it say they were already saved and if so why was Peter so insistent about baptising them in water?

What did Philip say to the eunuch for him to request water baptism?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    It is faith that causes us to listen to the message of Christ.
    It is faith that cause us to repent.
    It is faith that makes us want to be baptised in water
    It is faith that causes us to seek to be baptised in the Spirit.
    It is faith that makes us feed on the Word.
    It is faith that makes us want to walk in his steps.
    It is faith that helps us hold fast in the storms.
    It is faith that makes us fight for the truth to be heard.
    It is faith that makes us love despite the hurt.
    It is faith from beginning to end.

We are saved by faith, and even that faith is grace.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 14 2006,10:40)
    Hi H,
    It is faith that causes us to listen to the message of Christ.
    It is faith that cause us to repent.
    It is faith that makes us want to be baptised in water
    It is faith that causes us to seek to be baptised in the Spirit.
    It is faith that makes us feed on the Word.
    It is faith that makes us want to walk in his steps.
    It is faith that helps us hold fast in the storms.
    It is faith that makes us fight for the truth to be heard.
    It is faith that makes us love despite the hurt.
    It is faith from beginning to end.

We are saved by faith, and even that faith is grace.

It is Grace whereby we are saved and that is through faith.
    That faith is not of ourselves it is the gift of God.(Eph 2:8)
    It is Christ who call us to repentance. (Mt 9:13)
    It is God who grants repentance, God who draws us.(Acts 11:18,2 Cor 7:10, 2 Tim 2:25)
    It is by faith that we feed on the Word, which comes by hearing of the Word. (Rom 10:17)
    We are told to earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered to the saints.
    Which raises the question what exactly is faith? it is given us of God, yet we have to earnestly contend for it, we are told to keep it, Jesus asked whether on His return the Son of Man would find any.
    There are many that claim to have it, yet what is faith, are there different kinds of faith and if so, is there a particular kind of faith that God puts a premium on and considers above all others?…

It seeems to me that Grace and Faith are like husband and wife, they are one and inseperable, you cannot truly have one without the other.
    What do others think?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I agree.
    Doubt, the enemy of faith, is the greatest barrier to the grace of God too[Jas 1.6]
    Abiding in the thoughts of men rather than in the Word of God is the ultimate folly of a believer.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 14 2006,01:31)
    Hi H,
    God proved they were clean enough in His sight to be used as vessels for His Spirit and so they were born of the Spirit. They were baptised in the Spirit. But Peter, to fulfill all righteousness, ensured they were also baptised in water-born of water.

Yes we WILL be saved.

In the meantime there is the matter of obedience.

Nick, look what you wrote here. This statement says it all. How in the world can you say you are a born again believer and make this claim? You are bucking against the grain. You need to find a Spirit filled church.

This is awful. God will not put his Holy Spirit into an unclean vessel. The Gentiles were born again. The apostles knew they were born again because they heard them speaking in unknown tongues. To say that God would pour his spirit into an unclean vessel is a lie of the devil. These Gentiles were saved.

9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

And what about this scripture Nick? Do you think it has a special meaning? If the Holy Spirit were to come into an unclean vessel, the vessel would burst.

KJV: Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

Nick, read what it says. Word for word. You have to take all of scripture to see the full picture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Let the Word teach you and do not apply your traditional teaching to the Word.
    God judges which vessels are ready for his Spirit.
    Some are made clean by the Word.
    We need to be clothed in Christ through baptism and made new by the renewing of our hearts and minds according to the Word.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    We must be born again of WATER AND the Spirit. They had only been reborn of the Spirit so Peter fulfilled all of God's righteous demands.

Nick, we are born of water when we are born in the flesh. Period. That which is born of the flesh is flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    And where does it say that being born of flesh is being born of water?

Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

AmenH,
    I agree with that scripture. But the question remains unanswered.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account