What is sin this thread is for tim kraft.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 448 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi Tim,

Why would the truth annoy you?
    God having provided some better thing for us,
    that they without us should not be made perfect. (Heb.11:40)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

ftk
    Participant

Ed: The truth of God does not annoy me. I love the truth, have always loved the truth and given much of my life unto the truth. What annoys me about you is your self-righteous doctrine. Anyone who believes in their own works and deeds is self-righteous! Anyone who believes they are being “graded” by what they do is “self” righteous. Anyone who believes they can, “stop sinning” meaning stop doing works or deeds that are considered “sin” is “self”-righteous. A self-righteous spirit is always haughty an condescending. It can't help but to be so because it is proud of its accomplishments. Any form of grading of how one walks, talks,or acts leaves a self-created ego to boast of its accomplishments. The difference between one that is “Holier than thou” righteousness of works or righteousness which is by faith in God is…FAITH…! This is how I picture you! Its just an opinion, TK

P.S. I do thank you for the many posts with your beliefs. They help me test what I believe God has given me.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Tim,

How is this statement of yours any different than what I have been saying?

Quote (ftk @ Nov. 29 2011,22:06)

Obeying Gods words is choosing to accept and believe and so live by them.

God bless

ftk
    Participant

Ed: There is a huge difference between being told what to do and following the opinions and suggestions of another person. Being ''told'' what to do or not do is a command of force. Love never commands by force. Love can suggest but never commands. God does not command me to do anything….but I choose to follow his suggestions of life. Obeying is submitting to, not following in fear of, retribution.

Laws are rules which have a punishment for lack of submission or to not follow to the letter. God has no laws in this day or rules that must be followed. Man is a free-will creation that can come and go as he pleases. Man is at total free will to do as he chooses. Yet he must know that all men are equal and he will reap exactly what he sows to others. Huge difference!! IMO, TK

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Tim tries to use both Jesus’ words and Paul’s words in an attempt to do away with the commandments of God; this is FOOLISHNESS indeed!

Paul: “Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.” (1Corinthians 7:19)
    John: “He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. (1John 2:3-4)

Paul: “If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that
    the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the LORD.” (1Cor.14:37)

Jesus: “if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.” (Matt 19:17)
    Jesus: “If ye love me, keep my commandments.” (John 14:15)

God bless

ftk
    Participant

Ed: There is only one time the word “commandments” [Grk. wd. ''paraggelia''] is used in the new testament which means: to charge, mandate, command! 1Thes.4:2!!

Both Jesus and Paul and all authors in the NT used the grk.wd. “entole”. Ed do you care enough for other young Christians to learn the truth or do you care more just to protect yourself from exposure. We all know who hates the light!
    '

All other times the word translated as “commandments” is [Grk. wd. “entole”] which means: A precept, a prescription, an injunction…!

Ed if you feel comfortable knowingly misguiding people to believe untruth go right ahead, I figure you will….to many lies and too much pride for most preachers to change major doctrines at this point.

To those who care the greek word translated as “commandments” all through the New Testament (except 1Thes.4:2) means: precepts, injunctions, prescription…! If you went to a pharmacist and ask him to fill out a “commandment” for you, he would say you were nuts! Thoughts or words that are intended to prescribe a way or suggested precepts to follow is very different from a commandment that usually has a punishment if not followed.

John14:23…..If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him and we will come unto him and make our “abode” (home) with him….John15:7….If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you…..V10….if ye keep my words/precepts/commandments ye shall abide in my love…! TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 02 2011,14:02)
    Hi Everyone,

Tim tries to use both Jesus’ words and Paul’s words in an attempt to do away with the commandments of God; this is FOOLISHNESS indeed!

Paul: “Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.” (1Corinthians 7:19)
    John: “He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. (1John 2:3-4)

Paul: “If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that
    the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the LORD.” (1Cor.14:37)

God bless

Hi Tim,

All these verses refer to KEEPING the 10 commandments of God.
    Do you believe that they mean something else?   …if so what?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 02 2011,21:26)

Ed do you care enough for other young Christians to learn the truth…

Hi Tim,

I care enough to even expose the truth to older Christians such as yourself. :)

God bless

ftk
    Participant

Ed: Thinking sin or thinking in sin, on sin, about sin, what are sins, how many sins, what a sin does, etc., ALL HAVE THE SAME EFFECT IN THE MIND….! A dirty mind. Unclean mind. Thats why Jesus said if you commit sin in the heart you might as well commit that sin outwardly! As far as personally speaking its does the same thing in your mind. A sinful mind/heart separates man from pure love/God. Un-pure at heart, a sin consciousness….cannot get anything from God. Meditating about sin blocks the flow of the Love of God. God cannot occupy a dirty, unclean mind/heart. God/Spirit/words cannot dwell in a sinful mind. Thats like fresh water and salt water in the same tank…they cannot be together without the salt permeating the fresh. Darkness blocks light. God is light…any darkness, shades or creates some blocking of the light. The dirtier the mind the darker. Sin is darkness, sin blocks light.! Wasting time arguing about laws and rules just diverts ones powerful mental attention and intention. Clean up the mind/heart and all else follows! Just for thought! TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 04 2011,02:02)
    Ed: Thinking sin or thinking in sin, on sin, about sin, what are sins, how many sins, what a sin does, etc., ALL HAVE THE SAME EFFECT IN THE MIND….! A dirty mind. Unclean mind. Thats why Jesus said if you commit sin in the heart you might as well commit that sin outwardly! As far as personally speaking its does the same thing in your mind. A sinful mind/heart separates man from pure love/God. Un-pure at heart, a sin consciousness….cannot get anything from God. Meditating about sin blocks the flow of the Love of God. God cannot occupy a dirty, unclean mind/heart. God/Spirit/words cannot dwell in a sinful mind. Thats like fresh water and salt water in the same tank…they cannot be together without the salt permeating the fresh.  Darkness blocks light. God is light…any darkness, shades or creates some blocking of the light. The dirtier the mind the darker. Sin is darkness, sin blocks light.! Wasting time arguing about laws and rules just diverts ones powerful mental attention and intention. Clean up the mind/heart and all else follows! Just for thought! TK

Hi Tim,

I didn't ask you what YOU THOUGHT sin was. Will you please answer the question I DID ASK?
    All these verses (below) refer to KEEPING of the 10 commandments of God.
    Do you believe that they mean something else?   …what do you believe they mean?

God bless

ftk
    Participant

Ed: 1Cor.14:37…..If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that….THE THINGS/WORDS UNTO YOU ARE THE COMMANDMENTS OF THE LORD….NOT THE LAW OF MOSES OR THE JEWISH LAWS OR TORAH OR WHATEVER…..PAUL WAS SAYING….HIS WORDS WERE THE PRECEPTS OR TEACHINGS OR “COMMANDMENTS” OF THE LORD…! If you are going to through out scriptures to defend the law, at least read them first. Other wise you look foolish!

THE WORD OF GOD IS THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD! NOT LAWS OF GOD…HIS WORD, HIS PRECEPTS, HIS SUGGESTIONS….!

God doesn't claim a law. The Jews had their laws and Moses had his law, God doesn't even claim a law as such!

If you love me you will keep my words. If my words abide in you. Wake up!! TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 04 2011,05:41)
    Ed:

God doesn't claim a law.

Wake up!!  TK

Hi Tim, FALSE!

“I do make them know the statutes of God, and his laws.” (Ex 18:16) “And thou shalt teach them ordinances
    and laws, and shalt show them the way wherein they must walk, and the work that they must do.” (Exodus 18:20)

“Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.” (Gen 26:5)

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 04 2011,05:27)

You are the only one on this site that will play with words and phrases to cover up or camouflage your own errant doctrines. Exposed to the light they can't stand.

God bless

ftk
    Participant

Ed: You just avoided answering any question in the last post. Why? TK

Ed: 1Cor.14:37…..If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that….THE THINGS/WORDS UNTO YOU ARE THE COMMANDMENTS OF THE LORD….NOT THE LAW OF MOSES OR THE JEWISH LAWS OR TORAH OR WHATEVER…..PAUL WAS SAYING….HIS WORDS WERE THE PRECEPTS OR TEACHINGS OR “COMMANDMENTS” OF THE LORD…! If you are going to through out scriptures to defend the law, at least read them first. Other wise you look foolish!

THE WORD OF GOD IS THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD! NOT LAWS OF GOD…HIS WORD, HIS PRECEPTS, HIS SUGGESTIONS….!

God doesn't claim a law. The Jews had their laws and Moses had his law, God doesn't even claim a law as such!

If you love me you will keep my words. If my words abide in you.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 04 2011,22:04)
    Ed: You just avoided answering any question in the last post. Why?  TK

Ed:  1Cor.14:37…..If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that….THE THINGS/WORDS UNTO YOU ARE THE COMMANDMENTS OF THE LORD….NOT THE LAW OF MOSES OR THE JEWISH LAWS OR TORAH OR WHATEVER…..PAUL WAS SAYING….HIS WORDS WERE THE PRECEPTS OR TEACHINGS OR “COMMANDMENTS” OF THE LORD…!  If you are going to through out scriptures to defend the law, at least read them first. Other wise you look foolish!

If you love me you will keep my words. If my words abide in you.

Hi Tim,

I don't see any question in there? What are you asking?
    Are you asking me to provide resistance to your words?

God bless

ftk
    Participant

ED: IS THIS AN HONEST QUESTION YOU DESIRE TO KNOW FROM ME?…..[''ARE YOU ASKING ME TO PROVIDE RESISTANCE TO YOUR

WORDS'']???….DID YOU REALLY WRITE THAT?? IS THAT A QUESTION OR A PROVOCATION??…..NO MORE CHILDS PLAY FOR ME….I WON'T

WASTE MY TIME WITH AN ANTAGONISTIC PERPETRATOR OF ANGER, WHO INTENTIONALLY PROVOKES WITH WORDS TO MAKE A SHOW

FOR OTHERS THAT MIGHT READ HIS POSTS, TO COVER HIS OBVIOUS INABILITY TO SEE AND HEAR THE TRUTH!! ….TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 05 2011,21:31)
    ED: IS THIS AN HONEST QUESTION YOU DESIRE TO KNOW FROM ME?…..[''ARE YOU ASKING ME TO PROVIDE RESISTANCE TO YOUR

WORDS'']???….DID YOU REALLY WRITE THAT??  IS THAT A QUESTION OR A PROVOCATION??…..NO MORE CHILDS PLAY FOR ME….I WON'T

WASTE MY TIME WITH AN ANTAGONISTIC PERPETRATOR OF ANGER, WHO INTENTIONALLY PROVOKES WITH WORDS TO MAKE A SHOW

FOR OTHERS THAT MIGHT READ HIS POSTS, TO COVER HIS OBVIOUS INABILITY TO SEE AND HEAR THE TRUTH!! ….TK

Hi Tim,

I did not see any question in your post,
    so I was not sure what you were asking?
    Sorry if you didn't appreciate my attempted
    humor with you. Please clarify your question.

God bless

ftk
    Participant

For All:

Is it possible that “sin” from the very beginning, was mans own self-condemnation, for believing that doing or thinking something, that he deemed as “evil”, separated him from God? His personal assessment of himself or condemning himself as having done wrong in Gods eyes and thereby separating himself from God! At the time of Adam, there were no laws or rules established by God. God had given Adam free-will choice to move and do whatever he chose.

God warned Adam in the same way God warns us now….I set before you life and death, good or evil, now you choose….but if you choose/accept and believe in ''evil'' you will die. We still have the same choice's today! If you believe something is evil, and partake of it anyway, then you self-condemn which is sin/error! In that sin/error of self condemnation you concurrently believe that you sever or separate yourself from God! That belief is an illusion of truth made by man. Was “sin” always just a man created illusion of wrong doing?

Lets look at a couple of New Testament scriptures and see.

John9:3….A question was asked directly to Jesus….Master, WHO DID SIN, this man or his parents, that he be born blind….Jesus said….NEITHER HATH THIS MAN SINNED, NOR HIS PARENTS…..

In another scripture, John 15:22….Jesus says….if I had not come and spoken to them (the rejecting Jews)…THEY HAD NOT SIN!

John the Baptist at John1:29 said….John saw Jesus coming and said….Behold the lamb of God….THAT TAKETH AWAY THE SIN/ERROR OF THE WORLD! Did Jesus take away the sin of the world or leave it here to continue to destroy mankind?

At Romans 6:18….we were servants of sin…but now…ye being made….FREE FROM SIN….ye became servants of righteousness.

Hebrews9:26…..Jesus appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself…!!

It seems to me if we have a sin consciousness we will die in our sin/error! In other words if we believe we have sin, in our minds/hearts and refuse to let it go by accepting Gods forgiveness and cleansing….we will continue to die with nothing to save us. Imput or questions appreciated. These are my opinions/my truth! TK

terraricca
    Participant

tk

Is it possible that “sin” from the very beginning, was mans own self-condemnation, for believing that doing or thinking something, that he deemed as “evil”, separated him from God? His personal assessment of himself or condemning himself as having done wrong in Gods eyes and thereby separating himself from God! At the time of Adam, there were no laws or rules established by God. God had given Adam free-will choice to move and do whatever he chose.

you need to read your bible again,you missing many things here ;

1)Adam recieved the very first law;Ge 2:15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.
    Ge 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden;
    Ge 2:17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.”

2)the concequences ;Ge 3:10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”
    Ge 3:11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from? ”
    Ge 3:12 The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”
    Ge 3:13 Then the LORD God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”
    The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”
    Ge 3:14 So the LORD God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,
    “Cursed are you above all the livestock
    and all the wild animals!
    You will crawl on your belly
    and you will eat dust
    all the days of your life.
    Ge 3:15 And I will put enmity
    between you and the woman,
    and between your offspring and hers;
    he will crush your head,
    and you will strike his heel.”
    Ge 3:16 To the woman he said,
    “I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing;
    with pain you will give birth to children.
    Your desire will be for your husband,
    and he will rule over you.”
    Ge 3:17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat of it,’
    “Cursed is the ground because of you;
    through painful toil you will eat of it
    all the days of your life.
    Ge 3:18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
    and you will eat the plants of the field.
    Ge 3:19 By the sweat of your brow
    you will eat your food
    until you return to the ground,
    since from it you were taken;

3) this is the sin for wich Christ died,this free us from the dead of Adam ;but for all others we deal directly with God ;

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 07 2011,23:30)
    For All:  

Is it possible that “sin” from the very beginning, was mans own self-condemnation, for believing
    that doing or thinking something, that he deemed as “evil”, separated him from God?

These are my opinions/my truth!  TK

Hi Tim,

We know that's what YOU 'think' but it is not biblical now is it?
    Do you have any bible verses you can post for us to show
    us where you got this idea from? we can discuss them.

Your friend,

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 07 2011,23:30)
    For All:  

Is it possible that “sin” from the very beginning, was mans own self-condemnation, for believing that doing or thinking something, that he deemed as “evil”, separated him from God?

John 15:22….Jesus says….if I had not come and spoken to them (the rejecting Jews)…THEY HAD NOT SIN!

These are my opinions/my truth!  TK

Hi Tim,

Are you suggesting that Jesus caused this thought,
    the same one you claim he came to get rid of?
    You really need to think this through. ???

Your friend,

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 448 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account