What is sin this thread is for tim kraft.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 448 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Oct. 04 2011,22:15)
    All:

Religion says try not to sin!

IMO, TK

Hi Tim,

Religion also says, but you will fail. (See 2Tm.3:5)

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. (2Tm.3:5)

Your friend
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

ftk
    Participant

Ed) If you will look up the word “commiteth” you will find a truer definintion…..WHOSOEVER COMMITETH [lit. agrees, abides, continues in] SIN!…. I told you before what the word “commeth” means. Look it up…..Whosoever agrees with sin….whosoever abides in sin….(like when Jesus said to “abide” in his words) “dwell in” continue to think on sin….ponder and meditate on sin etc.!

Thinking that a certain act or something you “do” is a sin IS THE SIN! Your judgment of an act as a sin is the actual sin/error. Jesus took sin away. There is no “sin” no “act” to be judged by. The truth of Jesus took the error away from our minds that there is sin. If you make something you do or sombody else does, out to be “a sin”, you have just created your personal judgment of an innocent person as guilty and you will then reap what you have sown. Not them. You! In that you judge another you are judged by that same judgment.

Judge not (on anything, as wrong or bad or evil or sin) lest ye be judged (by your own judgment)! Actually for yourself you can follow whatever you believe to be true. If you believe God, sin is gone! Yet, if you choose believe something to be a sin (for you) then it is a sin. And if you break your own law(of sin that you just made) you will bear the punishment “you” have declared as proper for the sin, you created! Yet for one who believes Jesus took away the sin of the world, there is no sin.

You are the judge of yourself, if you don't follow the truth from God. You are making the rules or judgments, of yourself for yourself, not God. In God/Christ there is no condemnation. In Gods truth, sin is gone. Mans position provided by God now, is perfection in Christ. If man labels an act as a sin, that act, is a judgment. Then he places his own, personal penalty of sorts on the act. Under his own laws, that he is making up as he goes through life, accepting or rejecting actions as “sin” or not “sin” he ends up living in his own judgment and condemnation, for which he is in darkness and separated from God.

I don't fight God I accept God and what he says. You say we are still in sin. God says we are free from sin. Who's fighting God?
    God says there is no further judgment after we accept the perfection provided in Christ. You say we are going to be judged in the future.That is true for all who are still making judgments. That is not true for one who has accepted the gift of life in Jesus and has received the perfection and righteousness given from Jesus. God says we have been made perfect. I agree with God. Are you perfect. If you say no then who is fighting God? If you say yes then you stand in the truth, judged as pure and clean.
    There is no further judgment for one who is cleansed and made whole! He's already been judged!!

If you can't discern the word of God well enough to know that we once “were” sinners. We once “were” dirty, unwashed, unclean, unrighteous, and lost in sin! BUT, Jesus came and did a mighty work in the world. He gave us the truth of our son-ship in God and the purification through Gods words, to bring us all together in unity of mind.

It is further typical that your response for …there is no evil… was, ….
    6) BS 'New age philosophy' garbage!….. this is a typical response, because the original fall of man was believing in evil! The original separation of Man from God began with man believing “evil”! Believing there is a force or entity aside from God has always been an error/sin, wrong thinking, anti-christ. You can't believe God is ONE, all in all, everything, and everywhere and have evil! That would mean evil is in God. There is no evil in God, no darkness at all.

So those who believe in “sin” also believe in “evil” which brings on judgment (to see which is what) and condemnation against the thing condemned. One cannot believe in God and evil at the same time. If evil exists it is in God (who is everywhere) and if there is evil in God then God is impure and death reigns. No such thing. You can believe in evil and thereby have “evil” living in you or you can believe God has cleansed you from evil and it has no place in you. When evil is not in your heart or mind it does not exist as far a you are concerned. IMO, TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Oct. 05 2011,08:16)
    Ed

You say we are still in sin.

IMO, TK

Hi Tim,

Why do you persist in bearing false witness?
    I never said anything even close to that?

Ed J
    Participant

Ed

You say we are going to be judged in the future.

IMO, TK

Hi Tim,

Why do you make up things about me that are not true?
    Don't you know bearing false witness is a sin? (Ex.20:16)

ftk
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 05 2011,08:36)

Ed

IMO, TK

Hi Tim,

Ed: If you don't believe we are still under(in) sin then why do you quote:
    ….Don't you know bearing false witness is a sin? (Ex.20:16)…..?

And we both need to clairify that when we speak of “sin” we are talking about something done against God or that displeases God or is wrong in Gods eyes or separates us from agreement with God.

There can be “errors” and “mistakes” and “falling short of the goal” in the earth realm. But that has no effect on our relationship with God. The earth is the playground of mankind. Man is in charge and sows what he will reap in return in life. A foolish man pays no attention to that fact.

Now, sin (against God is no longer). Jesus took it away. There are no laws or rules to follow. Total freedom to move and do at will for a man that accepts Gods perfect cleansing through Christ.
    Total freedom to sow whatever and reap in return, whatever he has sown. IMO, TK

P.S. If you quote a sin to me why lie and deny that you say we are still in sin. If there are sins against God then there is sin.

ftk
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 05 2011,08:43)

Ed

IMO, TK

Hi Tim,

Ed: Once again you are trying to hard to judge/condemn me as “bearing” false witness against you!!
    Whether you know it or not, that is a condemning judgment you are making against me for Gods sake. In other words you think you are under that rule, law of God and therefore you are pointing out to me that if I continue or don't repent or ask forgiveness for breaking that law there is apparently some kind of penalty from God.

By this, you are not only saying we are going to be judged in the future(by God) but you are judging now.

Tell me please, if when we accept the cleansing of Jesus our slate is wiped clean and our sin God remembers no more, what in the world would God judge you for?

The true fact is that the judgment you use (on anyone) is the seed you sow and whatever consequences you apply to that judgment become yours, not mine.

The son of man has great power on earth. To live and let live or whatsoever he binds on earth is bound in heaven and whatsoever he looses (sets free) on earth is set free in heaven.

It was for freedom that Jesus came. Whosoever Jesus sets free is free in deed. Where there is no “evil” there is no condemnation or wrong or sin or punishment. Man choose to believe in “evil” and man can choose to believe Jesus destroyed evil/death!

You see now, I never gave false witness about you, I gave the truth.
    IMO, TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Oct. 05 2011,20:28)

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 05 2011,08:36)

Ed

IMO, TK

Hi Tim,

Ed:  (1)If you don't believe we are still under(in) sin then why do you quote:
    ….Don't you know bearing false witness is a sin? (Ex.20:16)…..?

And we both need to clairify that when we speak of “sin” we are talking about something done against God or that displeases God or is wrong in Gods eyes or separates us from agreement with God.

(2)There can be “errors” and “mistakes” and “falling short of the goal” in the earth realm. But that has no effect on our relationship with God. The earth is the playground of mankind. Man is in charge  and sows what he will reap in return in life. A foolish man pays no attention to that fact.

(3)Now, sin (against God is no longer). Jesus took it away. (4)There are no laws or rules to follow. Total freedom to move and do at will for a man that accepts Gods perfect cleansing through Christ.
    Total freedom to sow whatever and reap in return, whatever he has sown.  IMO, TK

P.S. (5)If you quote a sin to me why lie and deny that you say we are still in sin. If there are sins against God then there is sin.

Hi Tim,

1) Your comparing apples to oranges.
    2) Then why don't you admit your blunder? (Points #5)

3) The world still rebels against God.
    4) The jails are full with others who believe this as well.

5) I see you're trying to 'JUSTIFY' your mistake made against me instead of owning up to it.

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Oct. 05 2011,20:54)

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 05 2011,08:43)

Ed

IMO, TK

Hi Tim,

Ed: (1)Once again you are trying to hard to judge/condemn me as “bearing” false witness against you!!
    (2)Whether you know it or not, that is a condemning judgment you are making against me for Gods sake. (3)In other words you think you are under that rule, law of God and therefore you are pointing out to me that if I continue or don't repent or ask forgiveness for breaking that law there is apparently some kind of penalty from God.

(4)By this, you are not only saying  we are going to be judged in the future(by God) but you are judging now.

Tell me please, if when we accept the cleansing of Jesus our slate is wiped clean and our sin God remembers no more, what in the world would God judge you for?

The true fact is that the judgment you use (on anyone) is the seed you sow and whatever consequences you apply to that judgment become yours, not mine.

The son of man has great power on earth. To live and let live or whatsoever he binds on earth is bound in heaven and whatsoever he looses (sets free) on earth is set free in heaven.

It was for freedom that Jesus came. Whosoever Jesus sets free is free in deed. Where there is no “evil” there is no condemnation or wrong or sin or punishment. Man choose to believe in “evil” and man can choose to believe Jesus destroyed evil/death!

(5)You see now, I never gave false witness about you, I gave the truth.
    IMO, TK

Hi Tim,

1) Merely pointing out the facts my friend.
    2) Spin.
    3) Now you know what I think as well?   …unbelievable!   …think again.

4) Once again you attempt to 'JUSTIFY' the things you attribute to me, but are really false.

5) If you say things about me that are FALSE, what do you call that?   …God calls it bearing false witness.

God bless

ftk
    Participant

Ed: I wish you wouldn't be so defensive. When I write, “you” I do not mean “you personally”. At least most of the time. My intent is not to make personal accusations of which for the most part I can't know what you think and speculation can be argued.

You avoided a couple of questions that I wish you would answer. With more that one or two words! “Spin” or “that's false” are not answers in my opinion. These are essay questions not true or false!

….Tell me please, if when we accept the cleansing of Jesus and our slate is wiped clean and our sin God remembers no more, what in the world would God judge us for or as?….

….The true fact is that the judgment one uses (on anyone) is the seed they sow and whatever consequences they apply to that judgment become their own, not the other persons….do the scriptures not say….Judge not….lest….ye be judged? And does that mean if we don't judge at all we are not judged?

2) Why do you always appear to be telling me things that don't apply to me?
    “I STOPPED COMMITTING SIN; PERIOD!”

You say you “stopped committing sin”! Would you please expound on that comment for me. 1) What did you stop doing? 2)How did you know it was a sin that you did not commit?

3) Do you consider yourself cleansed of sin through Jesus or by stopping sinning?

4) Would it be true that if I could stop sinning on my own, then Jesus really had nothing to do with my cleansing? Expounded answer please.

Thanks for your time. TK

ftk
    Participant

BUMP FOR ED: Is that what you say if you would like a response to some questions on the post above? TK

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Tim,

All unrighteousness is sin. (1John 5:17)

Romans 6:12-16 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
    Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God,
    as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For
    sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. What then? shall we sin,
    because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves
    servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

God bless

ftk
    Participant

Ed: Previous post….

1) Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. (John 8:34)
    Notice it says “Commit”, NOT 'think'? DO, act, transgress, NOT think!

2) Why do you always appear to be telling me things that don't apply to me?
    “I STOPPED COMMITTING SIN; PERIOD!”……

You reiterate that sin is something you “do”…not….”think”….”Do, act, transgress, “NOT think”!!
    THEN ABOVE YOU QUOTE:…..ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS IS SIN!….RIGHTEOUSNESS IS BY FAITH AND UN-RIGHTEOUSNESS IS UNBELIEF THAT YOU ARE RIGHTEOUS IN CHRIST! BELIEVING YOU ARE WRONG OR HAVE DONE WRONG/SIN…! Like I said before, its all in the mind/heart of man.

….Romans 6:12-16 [Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body,]…..WOULD THAT NOT BE IN THE MIND ED?….. that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
    Neither yield ye your members as instruments of [unrighteousness] OR (UNBELIEF) unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God,
    as those that are [alive from the dead,] (DEAD WORKS) and your members as instruments of [righteousness] (BY FAITH) unto God. For
    sin shall not have dominion over you: for [ ye are not under the law],…OF WORKS…. (but under grace)….BY FAITH. What then? shall we (STILL THINK WE) sin,
    because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves
    servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey;[….WHOEVER YOU YIELD YOUR BELIEFS TO….] whether of sin unto death, or of [obedience]…(FAITH)… unto righteousness?

I guess the deal here is I answer the questions, word by word in essay form, you quote scriptures out of their context and call it a day. That's ok by me, you quote and I will interpret the truth as it comes to me.

Anyone that reads this post I welcome to send me a New Testament scripture and I will interpret it to the best of my ability. I will not run away or dodge the issue, I will break it down as best I can or admit that I have no idea what it means. Two or three scriptures at a time, max. God bless all. These are my opinions, TK

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Tim,

Does the word “DOETH” mean 'thinketh' to you?
    1 John 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know
    that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

1 John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil:
    whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

God bless

ftk
    Participant

Ed: I will go over this with you once again. Please look up the greek word, translated as “doeth” in the exhaustive concordance.

That greek word means,…to agree….to continue….or abode, to live in…! There is no such thing as “doing” righteousness. Righteousness is a condition created by God for his relationship with man. It is not an “act” or “Work” or “deed”!! It is by faith alone.

…..everyone that…abides in righteousness(belief in)……everyone who….continues(believing) for righteousness(which is by faith)…!

….whosoever….believeth not for righteousness(no faith)….IS NOT OF GOD….! (He who has ears to hear, let him hear!)

Rom.3:20…therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified….V21….but now the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD…WITHOUT THE LAW(or works or deeds, just faith) IS MANIFESTED…V22…EVEN THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD WHICH IS BY FAITH OF JESUS CHRIST…UNTO ALL AND UPON ALL….WHO BELIEVE…!

You can believe in your work and deeds for righteousness and be judged by your works, now and later.

I choose to believe Gods words through Jesus and I believe Jesus made me what I am through his words. My works and deeds don't justify me unto God, nor do they condemn me before God. I am free in Christ, glory to God forever! IMO, TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 08 2011,08:33)
    Hi Tim,

Does the word “DOETH” mean 'thinketh' to you?
    1 John 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know
    that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

1 John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil:
    whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

God bless

Hi Tim,

(G# 4160) Doeth(v): ποιέω poy-eh'-o:
    (a) I make, manufacture, construct,
    (b) I do, act, cause. (1John2:29)

God bless

ftk
    Participant

Ed: The physical works and toils for acceptance from God as it was in the old testament are past. A new day has come. Spirit words from God through Jesus will do the work for man. Man cannot work his way to New Testament salvation in Christ.

The only way to be saved from sin, cleansed, made whole and complete, purified and made perfect in the eyes of God is to “believe” that Jesus did the “work” for us. Jesus gave his life which perfected mankind and gave that perfection to each and every person that will accept and believe!

Jesus said the “work” of today for perfection, to connect to God, is to “believe” in what Jesus did (for) mankind. John6:29!

Our purification unto God is only by “believing” that Jesus did the completed works of God and gave them to mankind.

Righteousness is by faith not works or deeds lest a man would boast of “his” good works for perfection.

There is not one thing a person can “do” to add to or take away from the righteousness unto God given by “faith” in Jesus!

This is New Testament truth, IMO, TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Oct. 09 2011,21:34)
    Ed:

Man cannot work his way to New Testament salvation in Christ.  

IMO, TK

Hi Tim,

What gives?   …you seem to be stuck on believing I said something I never said?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Tim,

So “doeth” really means 'thinketh', “righteousness” really means 'belief in' and “works” really means 'faith'; did I get this right?

God bless

ftk
    Participant

Ed: In a way I don't really believe you want to know the truth unless it aligns with what you have already decided is the absolute truth to you. But for the sake of somebody else reading this I will expound abit.

If you again look up the word that was translated “doeth” you will find it to have an extremely broad variety of interpretation. So you can and must make it say what you believe it to mean in context of the writing.

If you care to, look up Acts20:3 and see that the word “abode” is the same greek word as “doeth”. That word abode was referring to “staying there” for a time.
    If you look up James4:13 same word as “doeth” refers to “continue” there for a year.
    Again in Rev.13:5….given unto him to “continue” forty years…!

I believe it is safe to say that living in or staying in, or abiding in unrighteousness….is like staying in or abiding in sin, or unclean thoughts, or unworthy beliefs. ITS ALL MIND!

Righteousness is a perfected position or “right standing” with God.
    It does not mean “doing” what is right. It does mean staying or abiding in what is God. IMO, TK .

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Tim,

I see your willing to explore your beliefs in light of what Scripture teaches.
    I hope you will also explore your beliefs of:  “righteousness” really means 'belief in' and “works” really means 'faith' .

According to Tim: “doeth” really means 'thinketh'.

Here are is another instances where the same word is used…
    John 4:34  Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to “do” the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Was Jesus worried about staying in his right standing with God as you suggest
    or was Jesus instead speaking of his DOING what was right as I suggest?
    There are more, but lets keep it simple for those who are reading.

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 448 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account