What IS a Servant of Christ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Ztheberean
    Participant

We cannot be a servant of Christ unless we are separated unto the gospel by the will of God (Rom 1:1); wherein God separates us from people (2Cor 6:17), because He promises to help us cleanse ourselves from ALL filthiness of our flesh and spirit, in the fear of God, so that He can perfect holiness (understanding see Prov 9:10) in us (2Cor 7:1).

In the fear of the Lord, we are given hatred towards evil in all of its pride, which believes we can come to God in “our own” way, will, and work (Prov 8:13-14). We cannot be a servant of Christ unless we are one of God’s elect, who have the faith that can acknowledge the truth that is after godliness (Titus 1:1).

We can acknowledge the truth PROVIDING God grants us repentance through the instruction of a patient teacher so that we could be recovered from the captivity of the devil’s will (2Tim 2:25-24, 26). And all of this is by the grace of God working (Gal 1:15).

Ignorant believers are without THIS knowledge (Rom 1:11) for these came to faith by a “perverted” gospel because it was without grace (God’s work that needs to be done upon us) (Gal 1:6); Therefore these ignorant ones (who are not servants of Christ) believe that “they” can bring Christ into themselves, when the scriptures say THIS is impossible! (Rom 10:6-7).

Servants of Christ understand the need for GOD to create Christ in them without their work or boasting (that we can bring Christ into us) because God at work IS His “gift” to His children. This is why it is said that we are saved by GRACE through the faith that believes this work is NOT of us, but of God (Eph 2:10-8).

Servants of Christ who WERE the servants of sin, have obedience from their heart because they were taught THIS doctrine (Rom 6:17); Which doctrine of God is the grace of God that brings salvation because it teaches us HOW to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts under God’s sobering controlling influence so that we can live righteous and godly presently (Ts 2:10-12).

Its all about what kind of servant you are subjecting yourself to, whether you can have obedience unto righteousness, OR sin unto DEATH (Rom 6:16), Rather ASK God to help you subject yourself to a servant of Christ who is righteous, so that you can become holy (have this understanding see Prov 9:10) because servants of Christ ARE made free from sin within this fruitful understanding unto eternal life (Rom 6:22).

Have you experienced the good (gracious) word of God? (Heb 6:5) If so, then you have been enlightened in the heavenly gift of the doctrine of Christ which has a foundation laid upon repentance from “our works” which are DEAD, for true faith towards God so that we could have His permission to go on unto perfection (Heb 6:4, 1 and 3), And it is God who lays THIS foundation (Heb 1:10).

Judge yourself, so that you won’t be judged by God when it is too late. CAN YOU PROVE THAT YOU’RE A SERVANT OF CHRIST? (2Cor 13:5).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Z,
    So it is us who saves ourselves by our choices?
    Cleansing, separation, education?
    Naah
    We must be reborn from above.
    God saves.

Ztheberean
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 02 2008,06:51)
    Hi Z,
    So it is us who saves ourselves by our choices?
    Cleansing, separation, education?
    Naah
    We must be reborn from above.
    God saves.

Hi Nick,

I really don't understand how you got that we have the choice to save ourselves from this post, i believe it says just the opposite. Maybe you can spend some more time going over it because you will see that it clearly shows that it is God working, not US working…

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Z,
    Must we not be reborn from above?
    Is any man of Christ is he is not of the Spirit?
    God does not work in all men but only those that are temples.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………you missed Z's point brother. His point is the work of salvation is done BY GOD NOT US> And Nick God works in whom ever He choses to. Every man in his time, not all now but that doesn't mean God wouldn't save all at a later date does it?

peace and love………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Obedient faith is demanded of servants.

Shania
    Participant

Here is how I understand it:

You are saved by faith. Your faith is proved genuine by your works.

Faith not accompanied by good works is not saving (genuine) faith.

Crystal is proved by a ringing sound. Does the ringing sound make it crystal? No. But if the crystal doesn't make the sound, it is not genuine.

Ztheberean
    Participant

Quote (Shania @ Dec. 03 2008,18:09)

You are saved by faith.  Your faith is proved genuine by your works.  

Crystal is proved by a ringing sound.  Does the ringing sound make it crystal?  No.  But if the crystal doesn't make the sound, it is not genuine.

We can only understand by going to the scriptures to see what they say about faith, not our opinions.

We are saved by GRACE through the faith that believes it is NOT of ourselves (meaning our works) because it is the GIFT of God (Eph 2:8-9). This is why we need GRACE so that we can have the obedience to the faith that is in His name (Rom 1:5).
    Those who are being built upon the foundation of the apostles, which is the doctrine of grace are in the ONE accord/mind (Eph 2:20, Acts 2:42, 46) understand the need to ASK God to create Christ in them because this is His gift to His children so that they could walk in good works, not in their flesh (Eph 2:10-11).
    Only these disciples, who are learners understand that it is impossible to bring Christ into yourself/heart. (Rom 10:6-7).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Z,
    So do we do it by rote or do we need to be born again?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Z…………..Amen to that post.

love and peace to you and yours……………….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 01 2008,18:58)
    GB,
    Obedient faith is demanded of servants.

This is not a proper response to Genes post.

Gene said, “Every man in his time, not all now but that doesn't mean God wouldn't save all at a later date does it?”

Nick, I'd really like to know, do you believe that the ALMIGHTY is capable of saving all people?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Can He?
    Indeed. Will He?
    It is written that some are sheep and some goats for the fire.

Jodi
    Participant

Could you give me the scripture or scriptures of which you are referring to please, thanks.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Jesus told us in Mt25 about the fire prepared for the devil and his angels but will also be for men.

Jodi
    Participant

Young Literals Translation,

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers; 42 for I did hunger, and ye gave me not to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me not to drink; 43 a stranger I was, and ye did not receive me; naked, and ye put not around me; infirm, and in prison, and ye did not look after me. 44 `Then shall they answer, they also, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, or thirsting, or a stranger, or naked, or infirm, or in prison, and we did not minister to thee? 45 `Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of these, the least, ye did [it] not to me. 46 And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during.

So, the slanderer and his messengers and those that are evil, will be cast in the fire for a period of time, punishment is for a period of time, until refinement is accomplished.

Zec 13:9 I will bring the one-third through the fire, Will refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them. I will say, 'This is My people'; And each one will say, 'The Lord is my God.' “

NickHassan
    Participant

Sorry Jodi,
    It was never the intent of God to cast men in the fire as it was for Satan and his messengers.
    However those who dance to the tune of the world's god suffer his fate too.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 05 2008,21:10)
    Sorry Jodi,
    It was never the intent of God to cast men in the fire as it was for Satan and his messengers.

O.k. Nick, and just what is that fate?

Do you believe scripture is talking about a literal fire?

Punishment serves a purpose, which is to CHANGE behavior!

Jodi
    Participant

Sorry Jodi,

So basically what your saying is that our God is not an ALMIGHTY God?

God didn't INTEND for man to go into the fire? What sort of bologna is that?

It was not God's PURPOSE, but it happened anyway? Just exactly who is your God Nick, a pathetic looser, someone who has ALL the power and intelligence, but chooses not to use it for the sake of saving a creature of whom He Himself made, from dirt, mind you?

Shania
    Participant

Quote (Ztheberean @ Dec. 06 2008,19:14)

Quote (Shania @ Dec. 03 2008,18:09)

You are saved by faith.  Your faith is proved genuine by your works.  

Crystal is proved by a ringing sound.  Does the ringing sound make it crystal?  No.  But if the crystal doesn't make the sound, it is not genuine.

We can only understand by going to the scriptures to see what they say about faith, not our opinions.

We are saved by GRACE through the faith that believes it is NOT of ourselves (meaning our works) because it is the GIFT of God (Eph 2:8-9). This is why we need GRACE so that we can have the obedience to the faith that is in His name (Rom 1:5).
    Those who are being built upon the foundation of the apostles, which is the doctrine of grace are in the ONE accord/mind (Eph 2:20, Acts 2:42, 46) understand the need to ASK God to create Christ in them because this is His gift to His children so that they could walk in good works, not in their flesh (Eph 2:10-11).
    Only these disciples, who are learners understand that it is impossible to bring Christ into yourself/heart. (Rom 10:6-7).

I am sorry, I wrote that late at night :D But my understanding was based on scripture, not opinion

Yes, we are saved by grace. This is the greek word “charis”, also used as “favor” in terms of spiritual gifts, hence “charismata.”

It is an outpouring of favor from YHWH that enables us to be saved. We could never achieve salvation on our own. Our debt was too great. He had favor on us and gave us Messiah.

But grace works through faith. Faith is belief. Belief is trust and confidence. If you believe, you will obey. (Remember that the Israelites did not enter the promise land do to unbelief. It was a choice on their part which led them to disobey)

Abraham believed (had faith) and his actions affirmed that his faith was genuine:

James 2:20-24

20 You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God , and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God's friend. 24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.
    NIV

So faith is connected with obedient action. What is the opposite of faith? Unbelief. This is connected with disobedience:

Heb 3:15-19
    As has just been said:

“Today, if you hear his voice,
    do not harden your hearts
    as you did in the rebellion.”

16 Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? 17 And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the desert? 18 And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed? 19 So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief .
    NIV

Unbelief is a choice just as much as disobedience is a choice.

You are saved by grace, but if you choose unbelief, you cannot be saved. That is why grace works through faith. Grace cannot “work” through unbelief. You are still in your sin at that point.

I apologize that I said that you were saved by faith and left this out. (I was really tired) You are saved by grace- no other way. But it is the faith that enables the grace to work in you. And that is how your faith is proved genuine.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Dec. 06 2008,16:50)

Sorry Jodi,

So basically what your saying is that our God is not an ALMIGHTY God?

God didn't INTEND for man to go into the fire? What sort of bologna is that?

It was not God's PURPOSE, but it happened anyway? Just exactly who is your God Nick, a pathetic looser, someone who has ALL the power and intelligence, but chooses not to use it for the sake of saving a creature of whom He Himself made, from dirt, mind you?

Hi Jodi,
    What is man that God should treat him as precious?
    It is a vanity to think that God owes any man anything.

Better to obey Him

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account