What does jesus mean by judge in the book of luke

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ April 07 2011,05:05)

Quote (karmarie @ April 05 2011,21:21)
    Sort of like Karma TK. We do reap what we sow.

karmarie: Yea kinda like karma except I always felt like with karma if you did bad you received a punishment. Maybe thats wrong.

With sowing and reaping it is so perfectly balanced and just with no outward trickery or cover up. God/the universe will give us the desires of our hearts. The universe will bring to us the contemplations of our minds/hearts. Our singleness of mind and attitudes with intentions pondering thoughts and beliefs create a electromagnetic field around us, perhaps that is the Aura. Like energy attracts like energy.                        

Thinking on something with desire and intention will eventually create or manifest that in ones life. Jesus said take heed or pay attention to what you meditate on. If you ponder fearful thoughts, worry, or negative thoughts, opposite to your actual desires, those will manifest too!

Our fears and worries are destroying our universe. Just think, worry is thinking on something that hasn't yet happened, creating a terrible outcome in the mind, and energizing it with fear that it don't happen!! How foolish. Create unlimited thoughts of power in love and good and see what you get. Bless you, TK

TK

no, there is nothing like a Karma;Christ came to save the world but all men have to accept him,otherwise we will be condemned by having rejected the offer from God,in this way it is a double edge sword.

as for our way of live ,well we all live it as we see fit ,and for it we either benefit or pay the price of our behavior,in this it would be our wisdom that should be in question not God,
    God as given his wisdom to us trough his word the bible.

karma is the devil view.IMO.

Pierre

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Pierre: Yea, I guess when you get right down to it, karma would be like saying, “what goes around, comes around”. That would be like when Jesus said, Judge not, that ye shall not be judged. Doesn't that mean that if we don't “judge something as evil unto God” then we will not be “judged” at all? Oh, well, nobody listens to Jesus. We know there is a judgment day coming!

Jesus also said condemn not (anyone) and you shall not be condemned! (he probably didn't really mean that) If Jesus really meant that then if we didn't ever condemn anyone for anything there would be no condemnation for us, ever!

Jesus said forgive….and you will be forgiven. (who can forgive sin, but God alone) If we don't forgive others we will not be forgiven. (don't get me wrong here, these things are probably not as important as works and deeds)

Jesus also said, give…..and it(whatever you give) will be given to you fully! If you sow love you get love. If you sow from your mouth sickness and disease you will get what you sow.

I guess sowing and reaping as taught by Jesus isn't like karma at all. Or maybe it is! IMO, TK

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ April 12 2011,04:14)
    Pierre: Yea, I guess when you get right down to it, karma would be like saying, “what goes around, comes around”. That would be like when Jesus said, Judge not, that ye shall not be judged. Doesn't that mean that if we don't “judge something as evil unto God” then we will not be “judged” at all? Oh, well, nobody listens to Jesus. We know there is a judgment day coming!

Jesus also said condemn not (anyone) and you shall not be condemned! (he probably didn't really mean that) If Jesus really meant that then if we didn't ever condemn anyone for anything there would be no condemnation for us, ever!

Jesus said forgive….and you will be forgiven. (who can forgive sin, but God alone) If we don't forgive others we will not be forgiven. (don't get me wrong here, these things are probably not as important as works and deeds)

Jesus also said, give…..and it(whatever you give) will be given to you fully! If you sow love you get love. If you sow from your mouth sickness and disease you will get what you sow.

I guess sowing and reaping as taught by Jesus isn't like karma at all. Or maybe it is!  IMO, TK

TK

the big problem in men is that he would like to be saved by God but with a minimum disturbance to his way of live or thinking,

and this is impossible,for it is Gods will that count,

many do not understand that Gods way is the best and only way.

Pierre

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 12 2011,14:26)

I guess sowing and reaping as taught by Jesus isn't like karma at all. Or maybe it is!  IMO, TK

TK

the big problem in men is that he would like to be saved by God but with a minimum disturbance to his way of live or thinking,

Pierre

Pierre: Please if you quote from the scriptures or even align your truth with what the scriptures say I can respond. But when you make up your own dissertation and it follows no scriptural background whatsoever I have no response. You have the right to you own unsubstantiated ideas.TK

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ April 13 2011,05:04)

TK

Pierre

Pierre: Please if you quote from the scriptures or even align your truth with what the scriptures say I can respond. But when you make up your own dissertation and it follows no scriptural background whatsoever I have no response. You have the right to you own unsubstantiated ideas.TK

TK

did you read your own comment ?

Pierre

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 13 2011,06:15)

TK

Pierre

TK

Pierre

Pierre: I made referrence to what J”esus said” in the scriptures four different times.

You didn't even refer to what you believed a scripture said, you gave your own personal idea. Its ok but there is no response that can be made against your interpretation it is your right to have it. It just has no scriptural basis. TK

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ April 13 2011,15:39)

Quote (terraricca @ April 13 2011,06:15)

TK

Pierre

TK

Pierre

Pierre: I made referrence to what J”esus said” in the scriptures four different times.

You didn't even refer to what you believed a scripture said, you gave your own personal idea. Its ok but there is no response that can be made against your interpretation it is your right to have it. It just has no scriptural basis. TK

TK

Gal 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
    Gal 5:2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all.
    Gal 5:3 Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law.
    Gal 5:4 You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.
    Gal 5:5 But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope

in this scriptures and the ones alike tells you that we have to make a choice between this world and God ,it cannot be combine ,that is what i was expressing

sorry for my ill vocabulary.

Pierre

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Pierre: I hope you will allow me to take these scriptures and amplify them as to what I believe they say? Just my opinion!

Gal 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free{from the chains and bonds of the laws for righteousness}. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery{ which is the same do's and don'ts, can's and cant's, should's and shouldn'ts and ritual worship to try to please God}.
    Gal 5:2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised,{or feel that you just have to at lease follow that much of the law} Christ{by faith} will be of no value to you at all.{you will begin to look to your own works for goodness}
    Gal 5:3 Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. {that includes animal sacrifices}
    Gal 5:4 You who are trying to be justified by law{works,deeds,rituals,times,seasons,washings, etc.,} have been alienated{set themselves apart} from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.{which is by faith}
    Gal 5:5 But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope{ until we rise up ONE with Jesus in God}

Is this along the same line as your interpretation?
    Thanks for the scriptures hope they add to someones greater truth of God. Bless you, TK

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre and Tim,

These are scripture from the NIV, c.2011 relating to your conversation.

James 1

22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

James 2

10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,” also said, “You shall not murder.”[c] If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

1 Peter 2

16 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. 17 Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.

2 Peter 2

17 These people are springs without water and mists driven by a storm. Blackest darkness is reserved for them. 18 For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of the flesh, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error. 19 They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for “people are slaves to whatever has mastered them.”

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 14 2011,18:40)
    Pierre and Tim,

These are scripture from the NIV, c.2011 relating to your conversation.

James 1

22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

James 2

10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,” also said, “You shall not murder.”[c] If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

1 Peter 2

16 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. 17 Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.

2 Peter 2

17 These people are springs without water and mists driven by a storm. Blackest darkness is reserved for them. 18 For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of the flesh, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error. 19 They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for “people are slaves to whatever has mastered them.”

Kerwin

you forgot a few;Jas 2:14 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?
    Jas 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

I admit there are others but the ones I quoted mention freedom and how not to use it.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account