What does jesus mean by judge in the book of luke

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    karmarie
    Participant

I think I know the answer to my own question :)

Take the log out first.

seekingtruth
    Participant

Love is not fulfilled by always being “nice” to one another. Sometimes love brings correction although without condemnation.

John 7:24 “Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.”

However I believe we should be very careful when we bring correction, a loving correction always judges themselves first.

My opinion – Wm

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ April 01 2011,19:03)
    Hi.

Well, as believers in Jesus Christ we should be behaving properly right? We are supposed to be taking the message to the World. So, I just find it more irritating when believers act wrong, than I do with non believers. Non believers don't know better. So if I don't like how some believers are acting and wish they would change….then am I wrong for feeling like that?

(thats what I was trying to say….it's late where I live)

I agree

Luke 12:48
    But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

1 Corinthians 5:12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? 13 But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES.

kerwin
    Participant

Wispring,

These are scriptures that state that God commands us to love and has always commanded his people to love. It is a choice or God would not command it. A command is a law.

John 13:34

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Mark 12

28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”
    29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
    32 “Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33 To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”
    34 When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions.

2 John 1

4 It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us. 5 And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. 6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

Galatians 5:14

For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Romans 13:9

The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ April 01 2011,17:23)
    Love is not fulfilled by always being “nice” to one another. Sometimes love brings correction although without condemnation.

John 7:24 “Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.”

However I believe we should be very careful when we bring correction, a loving correction always judges themselves first.

My opinion – Wm

I agree with you that we must be careful when correcting either ourselves or others less we bring bear false winess because of our carelessness. We should also be careful to not sin in other ways ourselves when rebuking or correcting others.

I believe that is what Jesus meant by instructing us to take the beam out of our own eye before attempting to aid our brother in taking the spec out of his.

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ April 02 2011,01:27)

Quote (karmarie @ April 01 2011,19:03)
    Hi.

Well, as believers in Jesus Christ we should be behaving properly right? We are supposed to be taking the message to the World. So, I just find it more irritating when believers act wrong, than I do with non believers. Non believers don't know better. So if I don't like how some believers are acting and wish they would change….then am I wrong for feeling like that?

(thats what I was trying to say….it's late where I live)

I agree

Luke 12:48
    But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

1 Corinthians 5:12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? 13 But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES.

Thank you Seeking. It's good to know that what I sometimes feel is in scripture too.

Wispring
    Participant

Kerwin,
    I feel you don't know what unconditional love is. I loved reading all that scripture you posted and have read it all before. None of them expressed to me that love is a law. This love doesn't subside. People feel love. People express love. God does the same. Animals do the same. Plants do the same. Perhaps the very rocks that Jesus talked about singing do the same when inspired by God. There is no law in love. Most people put conditions on their love. I will love you if such and such. All business is conditional. Laws are expressed with conditional logic. If you do this, this will be your punishment. There are clearly conditions for eternal life. There is no condition for pure unconditional love. It simply is, like God.
      I love the feel of the wind on my face on a warm day. I love the sensation in my body when my thirst is slacked with water. I love when a friend says a kind word to lift my spirit. I love when the Holy Spirit rests strongly on me and tells me love is not a compulsion. It is, rather, an expression of my Soul. I would love for you to know this love and know it is not a law.

With Love and Respect,
    Wispring

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ April 02 2011,15:12)
    Kerwin,
    I feel you don't know what unconditional love is. I loved reading all that scripture you posted and have read it all before. None of them expressed to me that love is a law. This love doesn't subside. People feel love. People express love. God does the same. Animals do the same. Plants do the same. Perhaps the very rocks that Jesus talked about singing do the same when inspired by God. There is no law in love. Most people put conditions on their love. I will love you if such and such. All business is conditional. Laws are expressed with conditional logic. If you do this, this will be your punishment. There are clearly conditions for eternal life. There is no condition for pure unconditional love. It simply is, like God.
      I love the feel of the wind on my face on a warm day. I love the sensation in my body when my thirst is slacked with water. I love when a friend says a kind word to lift my spirit. I love when the Holy Spirit rests strongly on me and tells me love is not a compulsion. It is, rather, an expression of my Soul. I would love for you to know this love and know it is not a law.

With Love and Respect,
                                     Wispring

I plan to respond to this post in the thread entitled “Love” in this forum.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

The Kingdom of God is not meat or drink, its righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost!! Your righteousness is only by declaration of God through Jesus. What does that have to do with acting? I believe we are righteous by God and no other reason. There is no action tied to righteousness but faith that God made us righteous!! There seems to be great confusion with our perfection with God through his gift of life, Jesus and things that happen in this world. Faith or Actions! If you try to “act” righteous then you become an “actor”! An actor portrays himself as someone he is not! If we try to “act” Godly then we have ego involved with boasting or condemnation, which are derived from judgment of the “acting”. There are no emmy's with God. Just truth from within. Things are happening in this world that could cause many variations of reactions.

If you believe God has cleansed you and made you good then don't try to act like you are good. I am what God says I am! The End.

A re-action is a response to an action. Fruit of Spirit is the byproduct that comes from within. If spirit within is peace, created by God, the fruit given out to the world will be peacful and create peace. If within is joy and love then the fruit produced and given out to the world will be joy and love teachings from God. Being known by our fruit produced is only seen through understanding the words and attitudes we say and emit to others about God and life. Giving them the peace and love and building them up with kindness, freedom and the perfection the God has given all. Being tapped or grafted into the “tree of life” causes fruit from within the branches which attach to the main trunk which is the life force or Kingdom of God.

Actions do not affect your relationship with God/Jesus unless you judge them as bad or wrong and condemn yourself. My relationship with God is in no way affected by my actions in this world. If you believe they do then you have judged yourself that way. Telling someone that if they walk a perfect line of kindness and happiness they are accepted by God is at the same time telling the people that the mission of Jesus was a waste of time & unnecessary! We must stop seeing the perfect gift of God based on our performance or actions.

I can't help but feel some people condemning themselves for things that aren't wrong in the firs place and even if they were wrong, ask forgiveness (be sure to receive forgiveness) and move on with a clean slate. That is very important. God Bless all, IMO, TK

seekingtruth
    Participant

Tim,
    For the most part I agree, I love the verse “forgetting what lies behind I press on”. I forget both the failures (self condemnation after asking for forgiveness) and my successes (arrogance, pride) and I start new every day.

1 Corinthians 4:3 I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. 4 My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.  

If your truly born again, love is your motive, and your conscience is clear, then there is nothing to fear.

My opinion – Wm

Istari
    Participant

Do not Judge:

Do not judge to CONDEMNATION.

That judgement is for God alone at the end if time through Jesus Christ.

Please be reminded that we judge all the time – judgement is POSITIVE as well as NEGATIVE, so making a positive judgement or a negative judgement cannot alone be what was implied.

The Godly judgement by man is one that leaves the other in a positive frame of mind – the wrongdoer feels there is hope from the judgement (may hurt a little or for a while) and the gooddoer is encouraged.
    For instance, 'I do not believe you are telling the truth but I will bear what you in mind for the time being. If you decide later to change your mind please know that I am willing to forget what I believe to be an untruth. Do you think this is acceptable?'

This little example displays a desire to admonish the wrongdoer with the whip of love. The wrongdoer feels comfortable with the judgement and can more easily take steps to accept it and turn away from wrongdoing knowing they will be received with the glory as of the lost lamb back into the fold rather than fear of ridicule after their realisation of their wrongfulness.
    But, if they decide to retain their deceit – feeling they have 'got away with it'( as many feel good about being deceitful) then that is for God to deal with.

Satan is well aware that man does not have ultimate judgement and will use this to cause many to try and escape justice by holding to falsity.
    This then has a further impact of causing the one bringing the judgement to seek their own vigilante judgement (Instant Judgement) perhaps bringing themselves into the position of now being the judged.

Of course, 'Treat others as you would wish them to treat you' also means judging others as you would wish them to judge you and this means with HONESTY and INTEGRITY.
    the frustration of this command is when the we are confronted with the opposition who is determined to encourage deceit in themselves by disputing against truth or accepting wrongfulness as joyful pleasure (Teasing the truthsayer with deliberate nonsense – truly though, the truthsayer should recognise this but some are so incensed and believe they can overcome the oppressor by their own reasoning – to their detrement!!)

Tim Kraft
    Participant

The word of God (Jesus) is judging us all in this last day. The eternal word of God has judged us, is judging us, and will judge us. In the day of the lord, (now) the word of God through Jesus has come and is piercing and dividing the good (truth) from the evil (un-truth). Lies, deceptions and un-truth come to kill, steal, and destroy the truth of God from Jesus. If we believe the truth that God has cleansed us and made us whole, purified, sanctified and ordainded us for the work (faith works of God) then we are what the word of God has judged we are!! IF WE ACCEPT AND BELIEVE!! If we try to come to God another way we are thieves and robbers. ONLY BY FAITH in the word of God/Jesus.

Once we accept our salvation believing Jesus, we walk by faith, not by what we do or don't do, or how we act!! Now, the NT says judge(condemn)not LEST YE BE JUDGED!! If you don't condemn yourself or others you will not be condemned. Whatsoever you sow, that also will thou reap. If you lay out a condeming judgment for another it affects them not. It becomes your own judgment/conemnation for yourself. Reaping and sowing is perfect balance for mankind. Whatever you dish out, returns to you one way or the other. Even the little things nobody else sees or knows about.

Gods judgment by Jesus is through his words, the spirit Baptism, that washes away all condemnation or wrong. IMO, TK

karmarie
    Participant

Sort of like Karma TK. We do reap what we sow.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ April 05 2011,21:21)
    Sort of like Karma TK. We do reap what we sow.

karmarie: Yea kinda like karma except I always felt like with karma if you did bad you received a punishment. Maybe thats wrong.

With sowing and reaping it is so perfectly balanced and just with no outward trickery or cover up. God/the universe will give us the desires of our hearts. The universe will bring to us the contemplations of our minds/hearts. Our singleness of mind and attitudes with intentions pondering thoughts and beliefs create a electromagnetic field around us, perhaps that is the Aura. Like energy attracts like energy.

Thinking on something with desire and intention will eventually create or manifest that in ones life. Jesus said take heed or pay attention to what you meditate on. If you ponder fearful thoughts, worry, or negative thoughts, opposite to your actual desires, those will manifest too!

Our fears and worries are destroying our universe. Just think, worry is thinking on something that hasn't yet happened, creating a terrible outcome in the mind, and energizing it with fear that it don't happen!! How foolish. Create unlimited thoughts of power in love and good and see what you get. Bless you, TK

karmarie
    Participant

Thanks for that TK, I really needed to hear that, and it's so true.

I will give it a go!

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Blessings for all: Rom.8:1….There is therefore now, NO CONDEMNATION for those who are in Christ, who walk, NOT AFTER THE FLESH, (old carnal LAW) or old testament physical way of serving God, but after the SPIRIT, new way of believing, the words/spirit of God through Jesus. No condemnation because we have been judged by Jesus(the word of God) as clean, spot free, sinless, perfect sons of God, even our salvation in Christ, by faith alone.

THERE IS NO WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT FOR BELIEVERS IN CHRIST!!!

Do we hear with hearing ears? No condemnation. No judgment day! You are judged, now, once, by the words of Jesus from God, as purified and cleansed through faith in that truth, or you remain dead in sin and darkness. God has made us perfect in his eyes. God has cleansed us from all sin/error. What God hath cleansed let no liar/deceiver call unclean! I may not feel clean, I may not look clean, but if God says it is so, I will not deny the work of Christ that made it true!

There is no judgment day for those who's name is written in the lambs book of life!! When you believe, your name is written in the book of life. No death.

Now we are judged as righteous unto God by his declaration through Jesus. Can you believe? Can you hold those love promises in your heart and not let them be uprooted, burned by fires of destruction, and destroyed by evil? There is only the God of truth revealed through Jesus, there is no other!

Now judgment is left unto the believers. JUDGE NOT, LEST YOU BE JUDGED!! If you condemn another person for anything, you will be judged with the very same judgement you use and to the same measure. If you wish to be free from sin, set free all those who believe in error/sin. Then we can present the Church(his body) pure and holy unto God. With great love to all, TK

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

Matthew 3:7 (King James Version)

7But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Is John the Baptist judging by accusing the Pharisees and Sadducees of being a generation of vipers? If so is he disobeying Jesus?

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 10 2011,07:51)
    To all,

Matthew 3:7 (King James Version)

7But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Is John the Baptist judging by accusing the Pharisees and Sadducees of being a generation of vipers? If so is he disobeying Jesus?

Kerwin: John didn't condemn anybody he gave an opinion of what he thought they were and ask a question.

And yes he did make a judgement/opinion that they represented a generation of religious leaders with poison in their mouths. The words from their doctrines, were destructive, degrading, sinful, dirty, unwholesome and much like poison to the hearors!

To condemn a person would be, IMO, to say, if you do this or that it is a sin against God. Making up a sin and then declaring it has separated a person from God is not our call. A servant stands or falls to his true master.

I do not believe when the translators chose the word Judgment they were meaning, damnation or condemnation.

IMO, TK

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Tim………..Good Point Brother. I also believe it is GOD the Fathers Call when it comes to condemnation. Jesus said he did not come to condemn anyone, but that the world through him might be delivered, and i believe our hearts should be the same also, as you have correctly said how can we Judge or condemn another's servant, to his own master he will stand or fall. IMO

peace and love to you and  yours Tim……………………………..gene

Baker
    Participant

A lot was said about loving.  Most is right.  Jesus gave us the great Commandments to follow. And if you love your neighbor as yourself, which is the second great commandment, you will not judge.  Judging and making a choice if I say something in a negative way to a person, and that person gets upset because of it, is judging.  Is disagreeing wirh someone judging no. As long as we do it in a civilize manner.  An example, if i debate with someone, and He says I am deceived because I don't agree with Him, is judging.  If I say I don't agree with you, Period that is not judging.  I am glad this came up. Not one member here knows all the truths, and that should be understood…….Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account