What About John 1:1 in the NWT?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 495 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

For those who may have an interest in this scripture (John 1:1) and its related topic (Trinitarianism vs. non-Trinitarianism), please visit the following website for an exciting announcement:

http://www.goodcompanionbooks.com

Agape.
    [email protected]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    We are not non-trinitarians.
    We are believers.
    We who believe in the bible and that
    God is one
    are not defined by reference to those who believe in a different nonbiblical god.
    They have walked off the path of truth.

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 20 2006,03:12)
    Hi,
    We are believers.
    God is one
    are not defined by reference to those who believe in a different nonbiblical god.

God point, Nick.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Amen.

Believers believe the truth. We shouldn't be anti-anyone, rather being led into all truth means we will also reject lies.

david
    Participant

For a very related topic, go here to see the first translation that used “a god” some 1700 years ago:
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….=coptic

Believers believe the truth.

Are you sure t8?  Isn't this something I have repeatedly said to you, when you claim to be a fellow believer with Nick (who believes that a God of love tortures people) and with others who believe differently and have differenet standards of conduct than yourself?
    You say black.  Nick (for example) says white.  One of you do not believe the truth.

Logically, this seems to suggest based on YOUR statement, that at least one of you, or possible both of you, are not “believers.”  “Believers believe the truth,” you say.  I agree with that statement.
    I have said that exact thing to you over and over again.  Believers believe the truth.  They are united in thought, and love.

On Nick's comment: “We are not non-trinitarins. . . ”  Of course that is not how you would define yourself.  But it seems to be the common factor, one of the few things that the majority of those on here believe.

If someone believes that Jesus is God Almighty, are they a believer?
    No, if God is not a trinity and they believe he is, they they are not believers, not according to t8's words.

Same logic:
    If someone believes that God burns people without end and someone else believes that God is love, and that he doesnt' do this, then one of them would have to not be a believer–wouldn't they?

Jehovah's Witnesses are united in belief.

Most of the people of this thread consider each other to be fellow believers, but they disagree on a lot of things.  What of t8's words?  Believers believe the truth?

since this thread is about john 1:1 and the NWT, this link should be included:

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/newworldtranslation/pageindex.htm

Or, this link, which is specifically on John 1:1 and the NWT:
    http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/newworldtranslation/john1files.htm

david

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    JWs are sadly united in their deception.
    We are not forced to agree about anything but find remarkable unity in the Spirit.

david
    Participant

We are not forced to agree about anything but find remarkable unity in the Spirit.

JW's are not forced to agree about anything. They do agree and are united in beliefs.
    As you say, you are not forced to agree about anything either, and nor do you agree on most things (other than “God isnt' a trinity,” and your anti-denominationalistic religion.)
    “Believers believe the truth.” Logically, when two or more disagree, at least one of them or possibly both are wrong.

Who is the “we” you speak of that have “remarkable unity in the Spirit,” and in what way is this unity manifest?

david.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    If you are such a perfect JW servant why is division your sword and not love?

david
    Participant

Never said I was perfect. But it is remarkable that unity and not division would be a distinguishing mark of true Christians. They wouldn't be divided.
    You are divided from your fellow “believers.”
    I'm sorry for pointing out the division. It's just that the Bible says certain things that lead me to believe that true Christians would be united. They wouldn't kill each other for example–a clear sign of the opposite of unity.

And I believe it is loving to point this out. I am hoping you will realize what the Bible says about this, see that, as t8 said: “believers believe the truth,” that you'll look to the left and the right and realize that some of you have to not be believing the truth, and hence….

I am not perfect. Obviously, I'm not. Far from perfect. Farther than most. I'm sorry if there was a lack of gentleness in my direct words.

david

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    You may not see love and unity among us
    but perhaps that is because
    you are not yet one with us
    with eyes to see these things?

david
    Participant

Nick, you couldn't even tell me that you definitely wouldn't kill t8 if he lived in another country and your country went to war with his.

Is that unity?
    Is that love?

It's the exact opposite.

I asked that question several times. You kept saying: 'I'll let God give me the answer if it comes to that.' But if you don't know whether the right thing to do is to listen to your government and kill someone who you consider to be a fellow Christian, your very “brother,” then you have no love, and no unity with your “brother.” (1 John 4:20)

Anyone can proclaim love or unity. But actions tell the story.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Sorry wrong person to ask and
    perhaps you should ask those with similar political interests,
    and please use the appropriate thread?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

No one is forced to believe anything. One chooses who or what it is that they believe.

One needs to test a spirit to see if it is of Father Yahweh or not. They must be open to Father Yahweh's reproof and correction and be willing to change their beliefs to be in accordance with Father Yahweh's word.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Thats correct.

People believe what they want to believe.

Because we are free to believe as we want and to do as we want, we become ultimately responsible for what we are and do.

Of course we are also free to realise that we are sinners and ask God for forgiveness and to be invited to partake of the forgiveness that he offers.

Hi,
    We are believers.
    God is one

I wonder how anyone who follows and honours and worships the Son of God who is the way **the Truth** and the life can get off the path of truth?:)

Seems like pretty harsh judgement towards those who are believers in Christ!

No one is forced to believe anything. One chooses who or what it is that they believe.

One needs to test a spirit to see if it is of Father Yahweh or not. They must be open to Father Yahweh's reproof and correction and be willing to change their beliefs to be in accordance with Father Yahweh's word.

:)

And so who is the final authority? Thier God or what others try to make them see as the only true God?

Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling!:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    He said
    “follow me”
    He did not worship himself nor teach we should worship him.
    Listen to him who is Truth.
    He said true worshipers worship the Father.
    Servants obey their Lord and Master.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 11 2006,22:43)

:)

And so who is the final authority? Thier God or what others try to make them see as the only true God?

Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling!:)

Hi w,
    The Word is the lamp to our feet.
    No trinity teaching is found there.
    Why do you not repudiate what is taught
    but not written?

Thats correct.

People believe what they want to believe.

Because we are free to believe as we want and to do as we want, we become ultimately responsible for what we are and do.

Of course we are also free to realise that we are sinners and ask God for forgiveness and to be invited to partake of the forgiveness that he offers.

And so who decides and becomes the judge of anothers believe in the only one that can save! “Jesus”

I believe that is his name!

Not men who have set thier doctrines above everyone else. Judging and condemning thier hearts or relationship with God!

:(

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    WE must all check that the foundations we build on have been laid by God, and the materials used are sound.
    True knowledge is vital.
    2Peter 1
    ” 5And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue KNOWLEDGE;”
    It lives with wisdom.
    the foundation of wisdom is the fear of God.
    It is found in the Word of God.
    Trinity is not found in the wisdom of God.

“Proverbs 2:6
    For the LORD gives wisdom;From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.”
    Proverbs 2:10
    For wisdom will enter your heartAnd knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 495 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account