Weinland for non-believers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Mandy
    Participant

It sure will be interesting to see what happens to this dedicated group of believer's after April 17th and on through June.

A couple of them have emailed me and I am utterly amazed at their dedication to this Mr. Weinland and his prophesies of doom. It depresses the hell out me personally. And I just don't understand why so many of them are falling for these “books” when the bible itself tells us no one knows when these things will happen. The bible further says that no one should add to it's words…..

TimothyVI
    Participant

It is a very wise decision that no one should know when the end will come.
    Many people have done extremely foolish things when they thought they knew.
    Like quit their jobs, abondon their homes, even speed it up a little by killing themselves.

God is very wise to keep this knowledge from us. But of course God is wise, that was redundant.

Tim

Cato
    Participant

I have been on their thread in the believers section and they do have similarities that you would expect to find in cults such as led in the past by the likes of David Koresh and Jim Jones but without the overt pervertions.  They are most fervid believers in what Weinland predicts.  Fear, and elitism, seem to be powerful incentives in their beliefs.  Perusing the Weinland predictions it reminds me of his predecessor's (Armstrong) old end of the world cold war predictions I used to hear on the radio as a boy.  Evidently WWIII starts this year, interesting enough there is a new Nostradamus book that says the same thing.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 24 2008,23:02)
    In the RW thread, doctorx said

Hi kejonn, I been reading your posts trying to discredit what Ron has to say in his books, but so far have seen nothing but petty personal attacks. Now you say you could not take Ron's book seriously because there was no OT passages saying that Christ would come, die, and rise again, but that is incorrect. For one, the Apostle Peter pointed out…

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
    23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
    24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
    25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
    26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
    27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
    28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
    29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulcher is with us unto this day.
    30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
    31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
    32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
    33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
    34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
    35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
    36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Here Peter is quoting prophecies from the Old Testament.

PSALMS 16:8 I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
    9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
    10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Psalms 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

I also noticed somebody else point out…

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

I also used to look at this scripture and wonder how people could set a date, but as it was pointed out to me, at the time Jesus was asked the question, he nor the angels did know when his second coming would be. But since it is Jesus who opens the seals, at some point he is going to know. Also he knows how long the tribulation lasts, and he knows he returns at the end of it, so he most definately knows. Also we have to keep other scriptures in mind…

1THESSALONIANS 5
    1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
    2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
    3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
    4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
    5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

AMOS 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

God bless you all.

Look REALLY hard. There is nothing in your OT quotes about the death and resurrection of the promised Jewish Messiah. You are forcing the text.

Greetings Kejonn…..I looked real hard !! I came up with ISA:53

Mandy
    Participant

Isa. 53 seems to be the ONLY chapter in the bible that folks can come up with to confirm this information.

Sure should make you wonder……

Sure should make you uneasy considering you have to read Jesus into these passages for them to reflect him there.

Scary.

kejonn
    Participant

Tomorrow is April 17th. Now what?

kejonn
    Participant
    david
    Participant

“There is nothing in your OT quotes about the death and resurrection of the promised Jewish Messiah. “

Isa. 53 seems to be the ONLY chapter in the bible that folks can come up with to confirm this information.

Sure should make you wonder……

It's not the “ONLY” one. Of course, there's Daniel 9, which speaks of “messiah the leader” being “cut off,” and this prophecy is about 'terminating the transgression and to finish off sin and to make atonement for error.'

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ April 17 2008,16:00)

I read somewhere that they won't consider the doom-date a farse until June of next year!

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 17 2008,17:08)

I read somewhere that they won't consider the doom-date a farse until June of next year!

I admire their patience. I thought it was a farce right from the start.

Stuart

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 17 2008,00:08)

In the meantime, don't forget to tithe!

charity
    Participant

well I'll finish the Day off reading Ahunavaiti GATHA Song 7

Good Night Kevin
    :)

Stu
    Participant
    TimothyVI
    Participant

I have been reading this thread with a little bit of amusement at times.

I bet you can guess what the first thing that I thought about this morning, April 18, when
    we were awakened with the whole house shaking from the shock of a 5.4 earthquake. :D

we have never experienced an earthquake in our region so it was a real surprise.

Tim

kejonn
    Participant

Did you have damage?

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ April 18 2008,23:15)
    Did you have damage?

Hi kejohn,
    No damage except for a few things falling.
    We had seven more aftershocks, but none as strong as the first one.

I can't emagine what some of the really strong earthquakes must feel like.

Tim

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ April 18 2008,21:50)
    http://weinlandwatch.wordpress.com/2008/04/

April 18th!  Phew, eh?

Stuart

Quote from the Letters of Mr. W. This was written on April 17th.

Having said that, more will be said in the months to come, but now is the time to publicly reveal the name of the second end-time witness. It is my wife Laura. We are a family through whom God will be working to bring an end to this age and setting the stage (and much more) for the age to follow. Many will mock and ridicule, but as we go forward, this time God will place fear in those who mock Him and His servants. Power has been given to make this so.

I say – well, of course the second witness is his wife! Sure.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 18 2008,14:19)

April 18th!  Phew, eh?

Stuart

Quote from the Letters of Mr. W.  This was written on April 17th.

Having said that, more will be said in the months to come, but now is the time to publicly reveal the name of the second end-time witness. It is my wife Laura. We are a family through whom God will be working to bring an end to this age and setting the stage (and much more) for the age to follow. Many will mock and ridicule, but as we go forward, this time God will place fear in those who mock Him and His servants. Power has been given to make this so.

I say – well, of course the second witness is his wife!  Sure.

People have speculated it would be her. I think he has been dropping hints all along.

Did you check out the link on Apocalypse? It goes over the many times in history that people such as Weinland have been predicting its finally time. With the advent of Internet and things like CNN and Youtube, each time something like this happens and it fails to pan out, Christianity loses more adherents.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 19 2008,07:19)

April 18th!  Phew, eh?

Stuart

Quote from the Letters of Mr. W.  This was written on April 17th.

I say – well, of course the second witness is his wife!  Sure.

Do you think that God told him that she was the second witness, or did Laura let him know in no uncertain terms. :D

Tim

kejonn
    Participant

I guess she can talk at home, so long as she is silent in the church (1 Cor 14:34).

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account