We are just a product of chemicals.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ May 31 2012,18:26)

Quote (Ed J @ May 30 2012,23:45)
    Hi Stuart, my “capacitor” explanation (as you are calling it) matches the wording of Exodus 25:14-15.
    Ex 25:14-15 And thou shalt put the staves (of non conductive wood) into the rings by the sides of the ark,
    that the ark may be borne with them. The staves shall be in the rings of the ark: they shall not be taken from it.

God bless
    Ed J

So you answer the question you would rather have been asked instead of the one you were asked.

Never mind.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

You keep bringing it up, but then refuse to discuss the matter.
    I have answered you many times now on this, the scribe
    of the king's words are not anointed words of YHVH.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 02 2012,13:25)

Hi Stuart, my “capacitor” explanation (as you are calling it) matches the wording of Exodus 25:14-15.
    Ex 25:14-15 And thou shalt put the staves (of non conductive wood) into the rings by the sides of the ark,
    that the ark may be borne with them. The staves shall be in the rings of the ark: they shall not be taken from it.

God bless
    Ed J

So you answer the question you would rather have been asked instead of the one you were asked.

Never mind.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God bless

Here was my request to you Ed:

Explain how your “capacitor” explanation matches the wording of 2 Samuel 6:7 or 1 Chronicles 13:11.

Instead of answering that, you answered this, which I didn't ask you:

Explain how your “capacitor” explanation matches the wording of Exodus 25:14-15

Did you spot the difference??

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ May 31 2012,23:48)

Bacchus offers you the wisdom of having a good time in this one life we know we have.

And with Bacchus no one has to be electrocuted, hung, lethally injected, or indeed crucified for the selfish desires of followers.

Stuart

ooh I see.  I found this from wikkepedia

Dionysus or Dionysos was the god of wine and inspired madness, and a major figure of Greek mythology. He represents not only the intoxicating power of wine, but also its social and beneficial influences. The geographical origins of his cult were unknown, but almost all myths depicted him as having “foreign” (i.e. non-Greek) origins.

He was also known as Bacchus and the frenzy he induces, bakcheia. He is the patron deity of agriculture and the theatre. He was also known as the Liberator (Eleutherios), freeing one from one's normal self, by madness, ecstasy, or wine. The divine mission of Dionysus was to mingle the music of the aulos and to bring an end to care and worry. Scholars have discussed Dionysus' relationship to the “cult of the souls” and his ability to preside over communication between the living and the dead.

In Greek mythology Dionysus is made to be a son of Zeus and Semele; other versions of the myth contend that he is a son of Zeus and Persephone. He is described as being womanly or “man-womanish”.

No thanks

So you prefer the madness of christianity then.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 02 2012,13:43)

God bless
    Ed J

Never mind.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God bless

Explain how your “capacitor” explanation matches the wording of 2 Samuel 6:7 or 1 Chronicles 13:11.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

2 Samuel 6:7 and 1 Chronicles 13:11 were both recorded by the scribe of the king.
    They were the kings interpretation of what killed Uzziah, the “capacitor” explanation is mine.

God bless

Wakeup
    Participant

EDj.

Quoting scriptures to him is just like the longwave trying to reach the short wave, he only gets distortions in his ears.

wakeup.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 03 2012,16:48)

God bless
    Ed J

Never mind.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God bless

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

2 Samuel 6:7 and 1 Chronicles 13:11 were both recorded by the scribe of the king.
    They were the kings interpretation of what killed Uzziah, the “capacitor” explanation is mine.

God bless

You still don't have an answer to my question.

What you are telling christians here is that you don't think scripture should be seen as divinely inspired.

I completely agree with you that these are the allegorical tales of the ancients, written by scribes in an attempt to impress people politically, and to try to explain what they believed had happened.

I don't really think Uzzah was killed by any Imaginary Friend. I have no idea whether Uzzah even existed, or maybe if he did he had a heart attack or his cerebral aneurism burst at the time he was steadying a religious idol on the back of a cart.

But it is you who believes in this god thing, whatever it is. So, is Genesis the work of scribes too? At least five people wrote it. What about Revelation? We don't know which John wrote that. Which of the books between those two are scribed by secretaries and which are divinely dictated? How could you tell? At least with the koran we know the whole thing is scripted by secretaries.

Once more. Where does it say capacitor in here?

2 Samuel 6:7 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.

1 Chronicles 13:9 And when they came unto the threshingfloor of Chidon, Uzza put forth his hand to hold the ark; for the oxen stumbled.
    13:10 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzza, and he smote him, because he put his hand to the ark: and there he died before God.

This tyrant god killed Uzzah for disobeying instructions that Uzzah could not possibly have comprehended. It doesn't matter if god used a capacitor to do the killing. You have an hypothesis of how god kills people, not an hypothesis of WHY god killed a man who was only trying to help.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ June 04 2012,10:26)
    EDj.

Quoting scriptures to him is just like the longwave trying to reach the short wave, he only gets distortions in his ears.

wakeup.

Surely you are not as lazy as Devolution? Do inform yourself about the history of a conversation before you butt in.

It was me who quoted the scriptures to Ed.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 04 2012,11:39)
    What you are telling christians here is that you don't think scripture should be seen as divinely inspired.

Stuart

Spin

Ed J
    Participant

I completely agree with you that these are the allegorical tales of the ancients, written by scribes in an attempt to impress people politically, and to try to explain what they believed had happened.

More spin

Ed J
    Participant

But it is you who believes in this god thing, whatever it is.  So, is Genesis the work of scribes too?  At least five people wrote it.  

Hi Stuart,

Looks like you're the one who believes fairy tales.

Ed J
    Participant

God bless
    Ed J

Never mind.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God bless

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God bless
    Ed J

Once more.  Where does it say capacitor in here?

2 Samuel 6:7 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.

1 Chronicles 13:9 And when they came unto the threshingfloor of Chidon, Uzza put forth his hand to hold the ark; for the oxen stumbled.
    13:10 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzza, and he smote him, because he put his hand to the ark: and there he died before God.

This tyrant god killed Uzzah for disobeying instructions that Uzzah could not possibly have comprehended.  It doesn't matter if god used a capacitor to do the killing.  You have an hypothesis of how god kills people, not an hypothesis of WHY god killed a man who was only trying to help.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I already answered you query.
    The instructions for handling
    “the Ark”(63) of “YHVH”(63)
    weren't followed correctly.

God bless

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 04 2012,11:41)

EDj.

wakeup.

Surely you are not as lazy as Devolution?  Do inform yourself about the history of a conversation before you butt in.

Stuart

Stu.

You want proof,proof,proof,but yourself have no proof of your believes have you, you just believe in a theory,not fact.
    If you realy believe that humans evolved from animals,then that makes you a canibal,unless you are a vegetarian.
    And dont keep any pets in cages either,for they are your ancestors.That would be dishonouring your ancestors.

Dont tell your Dog what to do,for that is wrong;he is part of you.You could have stopped there in evolving.

wakeup.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 04 2012,12:00)

God bless
    Ed J

Never mind.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God bless

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God bless
    Ed J

This tyrant god killed Uzzah for disobeying instructions that Uzzah could not possibly have comprehended.  It doesn't matter if god used a capacitor to do the killing.  You have an hypothesis of how god kills people, not an hypothesis of WHY god killed a man who was only trying to help.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God bless

Right, so you have given up on the whole capacitor thing?

We are back to Uzzah being killed because he touched the ark? That is what it says, and it says god was angry, no less.

That makes your god a tyrant. Why would you worship it?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ June 04 2012,21:00)

Quote (Stu @ June 04 2012,11:41)

EDj.

wakeup.

Surely you are not as lazy as Devolution?  Do inform yourself about the history of a conversation before you butt in.

Stuart

Stu.

You want proof,proof,proof,but yourself have no proof of your believes have you, you just believe in a theory,not fact.
    If you realy believe that humans evolved from animals,then that makes you a canibal,unless you are a vegetarian.
    And dont keep any pets in cages either,for they are your ancestors.That would be dishonouring your ancestors.

Dont tell your Dog what to do,for that is wrong;he is part of you.You could have stopped there in evolving.

wakeup.

Evolution decided what we think our ethics are, but it also gave us a brain to reason out our morals too. There is no prescription for ethics in natural selection.

No matter what we eat it will be a cousin. It is only a matter of how far removed it is.

And just for the record:
    * Dogs are not ancestral to humans, they are a separate branch of the mammalian tree.
    * I have never asked for proof of anything, as far as I can remember.
    * Evolution is the fact, and natural selection is the theory that explains the fact.
    * All extant animals evolved from animals, including humans. Humans are animals. What else could they be?
    * It is not me dishonouring by ancestors, it is creationists who do that by denying the existence of so many of them.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 04 2012,22:06)

Quote (Ed J @ June 04 2012,12:00)

God bless
    Ed J

Never mind.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God bless

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God bless
    Ed J

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God bless

Right, so you have given up on the whole capacitor thing?

We are back to Uzzah being killed because he touched the ark?  That is what it says, and it says god was angry, no less.

That makes your god a tyrant.  Why would you worship it?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I have made it abundantly clear to you by now,
    that they, misinterpreted why Uzziah died;
    it was merely an unfortunate accident.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 04 2012,22:39)
    Hi Stuart,

I have made it abundantly clear to you by now,
    that they, misinterpreted why Uzziah died;
    it was merely an unfortunate accident.

God bless

Hi Stuart,

What you really mean is: you are left an unbeliever regardless
    of what diatribe comes forth out of your mouth against God.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Stuart,

What I find puzzling is: you try your best to convince us that
    God (according to you) is a tyrant, while at the same time claiming
    to not believe in him; this seems a bit hypocritical to me to say the least.

God bless

Stu
    Participant

Never mind Ed. Forget about it. Don't mention numerology to me again, either. I'm not interested.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 04 2012,23:43)
    Never mind Ed.  Forget about it.  Don't mention numerology to me again, either.  I'm not interested.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I have never tried to discuss “numerology” with anyone…  
    …why would you suggest I would mention such foolishness to you?

numerology: The study of the occult
    meanings of numbers and their supposed influence on human life.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Stuart,

I don't believe numbers have any secret occult meanings?

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account