We are just a product of chemicals.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    princess
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ May 29 2012,11:33)

Quote (princess @ May 29 2012,03:23)

Quote (Wakeup @ May 29 2012,02:03)
    Stu.

You can be as nasty as you like to me,but please dont blaspheme.

wakeup.

Wake Up,

You have used this phrase repeatedly and each time it does not reflect what it truly means, just wondering why you do such?

Princess.

If one continues to blaspheme in the debate,it would be wrong in Gods eyes to continue the debate.
    It would make me guilty,to cause blaspheming to take place.

wakeup.

I understand the milestone around the neck concept, however what do you think blasphemy is?

princess
    Participant

Quote (princess @ May 29 2012,03:33)

We just must understand him,before we judge him.
    Put his word on trial,then say guilty or not guilty,and put forward the reasons.

Pray tell Wake Up, how is this done?

Not to be rude Wake Up, if you could be so kind to elaborate.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (princess @ May 29 2012,12:38)

Quote (Wakeup @ May 29 2012,11:33)

Quote (princess @ May 29 2012,03:23)

Stu.

wakeup.

Wake Up,

You have used this phrase repeatedly and each time it does not reflect what it truly means, just wondering why you do such?

Princess.

If one continues to blaspheme in the debate,it would be wrong in Gods eyes to continue the debate.
    It would make me guilty,to cause blaspheming to take place.

wakeup.

I understand the milestone around the neck concept, however what do you think blasphemy is?

Princess.

Thou shalt not take the name of the lord thy God in vain,for the Lord will not hold him guildless that taketh his name in vain.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (princess @ May 29 2012,12:39)

Quote (princess @ May 29 2012,03:33)

We just must understand him,before we judge him.
    Put his word on trial,then say guilty or not guilty,and put forward the reasons.

Pray tell Wake Up, how is this done?

Not to be rude Wake Up, if you could be so kind to elaborate.

Princess.

One should study the scriptures first,before making any judgements.
    bring in the evidence first,then judge.

wakeup.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ May 29 2012,01:32)

Quote (Stu @ May 29 2012,00:06)
    I'm still interested – OK, maybe interested is too strong – I'm still vaguely diverted by the question of how it could be ethical to worship this monstrous sadist god, the one that supposedly gave humans curiosity then punished them for using it, the same tyrant god that killed Uzzah for disobeying a command that must have seemed irrational to Uzzah, who was actually just trying to help at the time he was summarily smitten.

Rather than worshiping it, shouldn't we be arresting it and putting it on trial?

Stuart

Stu.

You have not STUDIED THE SCRIPTURES and you already making judgement.

How arrogant of you to claim to know what I have and haven’t studied. In any case you are making a red herring argument. It doesn’t matter what “the scriptures” say, unless they refer to the point I was making. Do you need me to point out to you the scripture that contains the points I was making? How much do you know scripture yourself? Can you tell me the two books you find the story of your tyrant god killing Uzzah and thereby making David mad at the mindless violence of this unspeakably nasty god? I assume you know where to find the myth of god punishing humans for using their “god-given” curiosity.

Be fair in anything; investigate,then judge.Put the scriptures on trial first, then the judgement.
    But you have judged before the trial. God may look cruel,but you must understand the whole plan and see the whole picture,then you can understand. We are not stupid,we just gave the scriptures a chance to explain it self.

I disagree that you are not stupid, sorry. You have been stupefied by this moronic religion, so fortunately the effect is probably temporary. You cannot think ethically at all. So much for claiming you have a basis for your morals, you can’t even articulate what they are, and here you are championing the idea that we should not expect to comprehend the actions of a violent dictator. The good news of Jesus is that none of this religion is true. You believe in the biggest con job of the past 2000 years.

You are not a person I could trust to make a sound judgment, or to stand by me in a difficult situation. Your thinking is third-rate, and your commitment is not solidarity to your fellow humans but a commitment to Imaginary Friends that aren’t really there.

God is all; he created good and also evil.

Glad to see you admitting the second part. Why did your evil god create evil?

If God can not do evil, then he can not do everything,then he is limited.

I thing, increasingly, that Stephen Hawking is right: philosophy is dead.

Is it not an act of evil to create evil? It’s just as well none of your religion is true, isn’t it. Otherwise morals would mean nothing.

Deleted the rest sorry. It was so boring. Like sheep going baaa. The only more mind-numbing experience I can think of right now is reading the koran.

You have a brain. I would dearly love to see you exercise it. It distresses me to see such waste. Did you watch the TV news footage of the Islamic hire-a-crowd shown protesting at the Danish cartoons of mohammad? They had a kind of glazed-over look in their eyes, as if there was 100% ideology and 0% spirit going on behind those eyes. I’d hate to think you looked the same.

I remain diverted by the question of why this god should be worshiped, and not incarcerated.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

I'm still interested – OK, maybe interested is too strong – I'm still vaguely diverted by the question of how it could be ethical to worship this monstrous sadist god, the one that supposedly gave humans curiosity then punished them for using it, the same tyrant god that killed Uzzah for disobeying a command that must have seemed irrational to Uzzah, who was actually just trying to help at the time he was summarily smitten.

Rather than worshiping it, shouldn't we be arresting it and putting it on trial?

Stuart

Stu.

wakeup.

How can it be blasphemy if you cannot show me that the god in question exists? How could it be blasphemy if it doesn't exist?

It is an evil, malicious, despicable, abominable, sadistic tyrant you worship. It is probably the single nastiest fictional monster ever invented by humans.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ May 29 2012,02:16)

Quote (Stu @ May 28 2012,21:03)

Quote (Wakeup @ May 28 2012,20:37)
    This World and its system,is geared to self destruct.

And that's when it's not being flooded out of existence by a jealous god…

Stuart

Stu.

The majority dont follow God incase you dont know.
    Worshipping God with lip service is as not worshipping him at all. They have blackened Gods name instead without knowing it,and they dont know because they dont seek.God says; many are called but a few chosen.There are only a few true believers,and they are not the ones that caused all the troubles.

wakeup.

It is only the ones who worship with lip service that I can trust.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 29 2012,08:51)

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I suggest that you are drawing the wrong conclusion…

First: Chronicles and Kings were written by the scribes of the king;
             This compares to getting truth from the Presidents 'press secretary'.

Secondly: “YHVH”(63) gave instructions to the Levites on how to handle “The Ark”(63)

Conclusion: Nicole Tesla surmised the “The Ark” of God acted (in a way) like a “giant” capacitor.          

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org
    (LINK to the thread THAT PROVES GOD’s EXISTENCE)

And I suggest you have not read the actual verses.

Stuart

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ May 29 2012,22:33)

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Secondly: “YHVH”(63) gave instructions to the Levites on how to handle “The Ark”(63)

Conclusion: Nicole Tesla surmised the “The Ark” of God acted (in a way) like a “giant” capacitor.          

God bless

Stuart

Hi stu.

Now that you have it all out,are you feeling better?

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God bless

Stuart

You would be wrong then, because I did read the entire bible a number of times.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ May 30 2012,01:15)

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God bless

Stuart

Hi stu.

Now that you have it all out,are you feeling better?

wakeup.

Now I have what all out? I was discussing Ed's lack of biblical knowledge with him.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 30 2012,01:53)

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God bless

Stuart

You would be wrong then, because I did read the entire bible a number of times.

Perhaps then you would like to explain how your “capacitor” explanation matches the wording of 2 Samuel 6:7 or 1 Chronicles 13:11.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Stuart, my “capacitor” explanation (as you are calling it) matches the wording of Exodus 25:14-15.
    Ex 25:14-15 And thou shalt put the staves (of non conductive wood) into the rings by the sides of the ark,
    that the ark may be borne with them. The staves shall be in the rings of the ark: they shall not be taken from it.

God bless

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ May 28 2012,20:34)
    Can you give me the ethical argument in favour of either worshiping, or obeying the Judeo-christian god?

Stuart[/quote]
    Hi Stu

What do you mean by Judeo Christian God?
    Are you referring to the same God the Jews & the Christians worship? or are you referring to christians worshipping God through the old Jewish ways under the law Moses gave out?[/quote]
    I mean the Judeo-christian god, as opposed to the Roman god Bacchus, for example.

Stuart

Hi Sturt

I do not know the Roman God Bacchus. What wisdom or insight does he have to offer?

journey42
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ May 28 2012,22:01)
    Hi Journey,
    So you admit that without this book written thousands of years ago by ignorant sheep herders, you would not even know who the gods were.
    So God does not show himself to anyone. You have to believe what you are told by someone else.

How are you certain that the scriptures were not written by the devil to stop us from finding the truth? IF he can corrupt the churches why couldn't he corrupt the bible?

It seems as if there can be no truth as long as this devil is so strong.

Tim

Hi Timothy

I definitely have found out who some of the false gods are through the scriptures.  These gods are still being worshipped today, and what do they have to offer us?  What wisdom did they leave us?  what books, or knowledge can we learn from them?

God does not show himself to anyone.  This is true.  That's why he sent angels, and prophets, and his son.  No man can look at the face of god and live.  Do you know why?

If the devil wrote the scriptures then I'm sure he would not have killed Christ.  Through the death of Christ, his name Jesus has spread throughout the whole earth.  I'm sure the devil would not of said such things as love thy neighbour, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you. pray for those who spitefully use you, and turn the other cheek. Why would he want to spread peace?

I think the devil has his own book.  I have not read it, but it would be full of contradictions and you would probably get the gist of his character and his will.  I think it only has one author too.  I can guarantee that it would contain some sort of hatred for God and Christ.

The devil does corrupt the bible.  Look at all the new versions we have now.  If you compare them carefully you can see words twisted and left out that change the whole meaning of the message.  Best to stick to the original one that God intended us to recieve.

Yes there is truth amongst all the lies and deception out there.  We have to search for it to find it. Man does not have all the answers as man is still exploring the creation.  What about all the galaxies out there.  Theres about 100 billion of them.  Only 10,000 are visible.  Who put them there in the first place?  Man can't answer that.  There is so much we have yet to learn, and there is no end to learning. We think we know it all but we don't.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ May 26 2012,13:09)

Quote (Wakeup @ May 26 2012,02:41)

Quote (Stu @ May 21 2012,00:17)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 20 2012,05:00)
    If we have evolved due to simple circumstance, why is it that so many of us have evolved this strong belief in a higher power who created us?

Do you have an answer to this question yourself?

Stuart

Stu.

The question is directed to you,so why dont you answer.
    We Chrisrians evolved this way: have you got any objections agianst evolution?

wakeup.

Well, if you insist.  

Religious belief is very probably an advantageous adaptation that became widespread in human populations because the tendency to supernatural belief allowed tribal leaders to threaten people with the wrath of their imaginary being, which had the result of making the tribe work together and made their survival chances better.  The successful tribes, with the “god genes” successfully reared offspring more often than those who didn't work together so well.

You can add to that the likelihood that the god belief meme is transmitted to children very effectively because their god-deluded parents tell them about gods early, at a time when there is another evolutionary advantage in operation, the tendency of young children to believe their parents with little questioning.

Now that we are no longer tribal, god belief is becoming a liability: chiefly it is the parties of god that are the ones who want to blow eachother away, and the skirmishes have become global, not local.

Stuart

Atually Stu any way you slice it your philosophy would still approve of whatever the inevitable consequences of evolution even if it led to us all killing each other because h can it be an actual liability when evolution itself is a blind process going nowhere in particular?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 30 2012,23:45)
    Hi Stuart, my “capacitor” explanation (as you are calling it) matches the wording of Exodus 25:14-15.
    Ex 25:14-15 And thou shalt put the staves (of non conductive wood) into the rings by the sides of the ark,
    that the ark may be borne with them. The staves shall be in the rings of the ark: they shall not be taken from it.

God bless

So you answer the question you would rather have been asked instead of the one you were asked.

Never mind.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ May 31 2012,00:55)

Quote (Stu @ May 28 2012,20:34)
    Can you give me the ethical argument in favour of either worshiping, or obeying the Judeo-christian god?

Stuart

Hi Stu

What do you mean by Judeo Christian God?
    Are you referring to the same God the Jews & the Christians worship? or are you referring to christians worshipping God through the old Jewish ways under the law Moses gave out?[/quote]
    I mean the Judeo-christian god, as opposed to the Roman god Bacchus, for example.

Stuart[/quote]
    Hi Sturt

I do not know the Roman God Bacchus.  What wisdom or insight does he have to offer?

Bacchus offers you the wisdom of having a good time in this one life we know we have.

And with Bacchus no one has to be electrocuted, hung, lethally injected, or indeed crucified for the selfish desires of followers.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 31 2012,11:35)

Quote (Stu @ May 26 2012,13:09)

Quote (Wakeup @ May 26 2012,02:41)

Quote (Stu @ May 21 2012,00:17)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 20 2012,05:00)
    If we have evolved due to simple circumstance, why is it that so many of us have evolved this strong belief in a higher power who created us?

Do you have an answer to this question yourself?

Stuart

Stu.

The question is directed to you,so why dont you answer.
    We Chrisrians evolved this way: have you got any objections agianst evolution?

wakeup.

Well, if you insist.  

Religious belief is very probably an advantageous adaptation that became widespread in human populations because the tendency to supernatural belief allowed tribal leaders to threaten people with the wrath of their imaginary being, which had the result of making the tribe work together and made their survival chances better.  The successful tribes, with the “god genes” successfully reared offspring more often than those who didn't work together so well.

You can add to that the likelihood that the god belief meme is transmitted to children very effectively because their god-deluded parents tell them about gods early, at a time when there is another evolutionary advantage in operation, the tendency of young children to believe their parents with little questioning.

Now that we are no longer tribal, god belief is becoming a liability: chiefly it is the parties of god that are the ones who want to blow eachother away, and the skirmishes have become global, not local.

Stuart

Atually Stu any way you slice it your philosophy would still approve of whatever the inevitable consequences of evolution even if it led to us all killing each other because h can it be an actual liability when evolution itself is a blind process going nowhere in particular?

But evolution is not a blind process going nowhere in particular.

Stuart

journey42
    Participant

Bacchus offers you the wisdom of having a good time in this one life we know we have.

And with Bacchus no one has to be electrocuted, hung, lethally injected, or indeed crucified for the selfish desires of followers.

Stuart

ooh I see.  I found this from wikkepedia

Dionysus or Dionysos was the god of wine and inspired madness, and a major figure of Greek mythology. He represents not only the intoxicating power of wine, but also its social and beneficial influences. The geographical origins of his cult were unknown, but almost all myths depicted him as having “foreign” (i.e. non-Greek) origins.

He was also known as Bacchus and the frenzy he induces, bakcheia. He is the patron deity of agriculture and the theatre. He was also known as the Liberator (Eleutherios), freeing one from one's normal self, by madness, ecstasy, or wine. The divine mission of Dionysus was to mingle the music of the aulos and to bring an end to care and worry. Scholars have discussed Dionysus' relationship to the “cult of the souls” and his ability to preside over communication between the living and the dead.

In Greek mythology Dionysus is made to be a son of Zeus and Semele; other versions of the myth contend that he is a son of Zeus and Persephone. He is described as being womanly or “man-womanish”.

No thanks

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account