We are in the new earth

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 535 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    1 Cor 3 is written to the saved.[1Cor1.2]
    We are meant to build usefully for God but most are distracted by worldly works.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Karmarie said:

If Peter was talking about it being the end of the old covenant/age and the start of the new covenant/age,  why was he talking of it as still future?

k,

The new covenant age did not begin until ad70 which was about five years after Peter had written his second epistle. So it was still future when Peter wrote the epistle. He had recognized that things had already started happening which indicated that the end of the old covenant age was near.

KJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    So you say.
    Instead of devoting yourself to dogma defence why not let scripture teach you?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 12 2010,10:27)
    Hi KJ,
    So you say.
    Instead of devoting yourself to dogma defence why not let scripture teach you?

Look at Peter's words in their context. God destroyed the heavens and the earth in Noah's day. After God destroyed the heavens and the earth He made a covenant that He would never destroy the heavens and the earth again.

Although it clearly says that God destroyed the heavens and the earth it was still the SAME earth. So the expression “new earth” simply refers to a covenantal renewal. The earth was covenantally renewed again when the temple was destroyed in ad70.

We are in the new earth where the gospel is preached forever and ever.

KJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    No.
    He promised not to destroy every living thing again.[Gen 8.21]
    How can you hope for support when you are so inaccurate and misuse the sacred words?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi,

Once again Jack is on track!

Strongs Greek # 2537
    Καινός kahee-nos’: freshness (with respect to age),  fresh, regenerate, young, new.
    This word should have been translated as “ReNewed” instead of misleading as ‘new’!

2Peter 3:13: Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for
    [ReNewed heavens] and [a ReNewed] earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Rev.21:1-3 And I saw [a ReNewed heaven] and [a ReNewed earth]: for the first heaven and the first earth
    were passed away; and there was no more sea.  And I John saw the “HolyCity”=117, new Jerusalem,
    coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  
    And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God
    is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people,
    “and God himself”=117 [will be=63] with them, and be “their God”=86 (YHVH=63).
                                                                                            [אלהים=86] ĔL-ō-Hêêm=63

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    Scripture witnesses against his beliefs but you support them?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 12 2010,11:33)
    Hi ED,
    Scripture witnesses against his beliefs but you support them?

Hi Nich,

I don't support the 70 AD date as being significant of anything.
    I believe Jesus returned (in spirit form) on “Pentecost”=117. (John 14:24)
    I believe “The Day of The LORD” is what we are in NOW! (Zech.3:9 / Psalm 118:24)
    The “Third” of God's “Three Great Feasts”; “Feast of Booths”! (Luke 21:33-35 / Psalm 35:6-8)

The Passover“=148
                      [74+74=148]  
    Jesus=74 + cross=74 = (פסח=148) “The Passover”=148

Pentecost“=117      
                  Former Rain=117
           (Jesus was alive on day FOUR)
      63=”YHVH” RAISED BACK TO LIFE,
    +54 days after the 'cross': STARTED…
    117=”Pentecost” [63+54=117]

The Latter Rain=151
              Feast of Booths“=151
            (Feast [of] Tabernacles=151)
             “Jesus is Lord”=151, because
               “HolySpirit”=151 (Jesus' Father) is…
             “The LORD JEHOVAH”=151
                Click Here for more        

YHVH is GOD=117
    PSALM 117 is [The Bible's Center Chapter],
    the [smallest chapter] of the [LARGEST BOOK]!

Your brother,
    in “Christ, Jesus”=151!

karmarie
    Participant

KJ, and Ed,

By Anomonous..

” I personally don't understand why it's so difficult to believe that the world and the universe shall be destoyed, the Holy Bible is fairly clear about this. If I have been given the faith to believe what the Holy Bible says about God, that heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain Him, then why would I doubt God's ability to destroy everything. The Holy Bible makes it very clear that only those who live by faith can please God, and that faith is in the promises that God gave from the foundation of the world; the promises are like the body that the person lives in by the faith of Christ Jesus, which is a gift. So what I'm trying to say is that a child of God lives in the Spirit and not in the physical, not really; first the mortal must die so that the Spirit can live through that person.
    Life with God is by faith and that by the Spirit, and this life in the Spirit is a glimpse into the future of what God intends to do with and for His chosen people. The physical world shall be destroyed and a new heavens and earth shall be created that shall complement the new man that God has created by and through and in the Son of man”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KM,
    Yes the old heavens and earth flee away at the time of judgement.[rev20.11]

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ June 12 2010,15:08)
    KJ, and Ed,

By Anomonous..

” I personally don't understand why it's so difficult to believe that the world and the universe shall be destoyed, the Holy Bible is fairly clear about this. If I have been given the faith to believe what the Holy Bible says about God, that heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain Him, then why would I doubt God's ability to destroy everything. The Holy Bible makes it very clear that only those who live by faith can please God, and that faith is in the promises that God gave from the foundation of the world; the promises are like the body that the person lives in by the faith of Christ Jesus, which is a gift. So what I'm trying to say is that a child of God lives in the Spirit and not in the physical, not really; first the mortal must die so that the Spirit can live through that person.
    Life with God is by faith and that by the Spirit, and this life in the Spirit is a glimpse into the future of what God intends to do with and for His chosen people. The physical world shall be destroyed and a new heavens and earth shall be created that shall complement the new man that God has created by and through and in the Son of man”.

To the anonymous mystery writer,

Gen.3:17 …and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it:
                   cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
    Rev.22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God
    and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

Psalm 72:17: His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun:
    and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed.

Psalm 104:5: Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

Isaiah 60:21 Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever,
    the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.

Jer.31:35-36 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day,
    and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night,
    which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
    If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD,
    then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

Ezek:37:25: And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob
    my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein,
    even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever:
    and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Ezek:37:26: Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them;
    it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them,
    and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

Ezek:37:28: And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel,
    when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

Ezek:43:9: Now let them put away their whoredom, and the carcases of their kings,
    far from me, and I will dwell in the midst of them for ever.

Micah:4:5: For all people will walk every one in the name of his god,
    and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever.

Micah:4:7: And I will make her that halted a remnant, and her that was cast far off a strong nation:
    and the LORD shall reign over them in mount Zion from henceforth, even for ever.

karmarie
    Participant

Hi Ed,

In the Old Testement, often the words 'age during' is used instead of the translated 'for ever'

In the New Testament, it seems Gods kingdom or heaven is not of this earth.

It says there will be a new heaven and new earth- After judgment day.

The “millenium” means the thousand of years the Gospel is spread throughout the earth. In my understanding (and im not alone in that)

Israel became those who believe in Christ. Well, thats how im understanding it.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ June 12 2010,19:58)
    Hi Ed,

In the Old Testement, often the words 'age during' is used instead of the translated 'for ever'

In the New Testament, it seems Gods kingdom or heaven is not of this earth.

It says there will be a new heaven and new earth- After judgment day.

The “millenium” means the thousand of years the Gospel is spread throughout the earth. In my understanding (and im not alone in that)

Israel became those who believe in Christ. Well, thats how im understanding it.

Hi Karmarie,

The word 'new' should have been translated as “Renewed”.
    It's a “Renewed” Earth. Why would God want to destroy it?

You should study instead of blindly following 'the systems of Religion'.

God bless
    Ed J

karmarie
    Participant

Hi Ed,

http://greekheb-strongs.scripturetext.com/revelation/21.htm

Its new or new fresh.

I dont follow the systems of religeon.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 12 2010,11:28)
    Hi,

Once again Jack is on track!

Strongs Greek # 2537
    Καινός kahee-nos’: freshness (with respect to age),  fresh, regenerate, young, new.
    This word should have been translated as “ReNewed” instead of misleading as ‘new’!

2Peter 3:13: Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for
    [ReNewed heavens] and [a ReNewed] earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Rev.21:1-3 And I saw [a ReNewed heaven] and [a ReNewed earth]: for the first heaven and the first earth
    were passed away; and there was no more sea.  And I John saw the “HolyCity”=117, new Jerusalem,
    coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  
    And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God
    is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people,
    “and God himself”=117 [will be=63] with them, and be “their God”=86 (YHVH=63).
                                                                                            [אלהים=86] ĔL-ō-Hêêm=63

Hi Karmarie,

Strong's Greek # 2537 is also directly connected to # 3501;
    I suggest you look up this word as well to understand it's “Full meaning”!

God bless
    Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ June 12 2010,20:38)
    Hi Ed,

http://greekheb-strongs.scripturetext.com/revelation/21.htm

Its new or new fresh.

I dont follow the systems of religeon.

Hi Karmarie,

Click Here

God bless
    Ed J

karmarie
    Participant

Ed, its new. Not refreshed, even on the link you gave me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KM,
    The meek shall inherit the earth.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ June 12 2010,21:10)
    Ed, its new. Not refreshed, even on the link you gave me.

Hi Karmarie,

2Cor.4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward
                  man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Col.3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in
    knowledge after the image of him(יהוה) that created him(יהשוע):
    These are Strong's Greek # 341: of 2537 to renovate:-Renew.

Eph.4:23-24 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on
    the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
    This verse here is from Strong's Greek # 365: of 3501 to renovate:-Renew.

It pays to study!
    God bless
    Ed J

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ June 12 2010,15:08)
    KJ, and Ed,

By Anomonous..

k,

Read Isaiah 65-66. The new earth still has sin and death in it. The new heaven and earth in Revelation21-22 is symbolic for the new covenant age.

KJ

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 535 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account