Was Jesus Christ born in Bethlehem or born at the Jordan?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 894 total)
  • Author
    AndrewAD
    Participant

Dear Gene,

I do understand and agree with most of what you say here.But that term bride of Christ is used in scripture referring to believers/the church.I don’t recall anywhere that Jesus is somehow considered as a bride.

I agree that Jesus was an actual human but to most Christians which I think includes you he is also more than that.Even if he didn’t preexist he was still foreordained as a savior without sin.It’s easy to say that he could’ve supposedly sinned but if he was predestined not to and didn’t sin then that ought to tell you something.Why were you and I not ordained to be sinless?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

You think you could have done the job?

His work made ours easier.

Honour the Lord.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

AndrewAD. …you brought up a good point concerning the bride of Christo’s, that is not the bride of the man Jesus, but the bride of the SPIRIT OR CHRISTO’S which is of GOD the Father. THE CHRISTO’S AND THE MAN JESUS ARE NOT THE SAME THEY ARE JOINED IN A MARRIAGE, JUST AS WE MUST BECOME. The spirit ofJesus and the CHRISTO’S of God the Father abide “as” one in a marriage, just as it must with us. Jesus is an exact example of what must happen to us.

WE were made sinners through the sin of our earthely parents Adam and Eve, For a Godly purpose, that we might become “as” God in “knowing” (having personal experience ) of good and evil and it’s results. It is necessary that we learn the results of good and evil, and experience is the best teacher. GOD used Satan as a Scientist uses a catalyst to speed up a reaction, man would ultimately sinned anyway, GOD just shortned the time by using Satan to accomplish his purposes in all mankind. At the right time GOD BROUGHT FORTH ANOTHER SON OF HIS, the “only” human he himself begot through a flesh born process, to fulfill his ultimate purpose for all mankind.

Jesus is the firstborn from “humanity” to achieve the planed purpose of God for all humanity. GOD offered up his “only” begotten (only begotten, human born son) JESUS, as payment for all the sin he permited in the world. JESUS is the sacrifical LAMB OF GOD, FOR “ALL” SIN IN THE WORLD.

Jesus is a work of God, and demonstrates “God’s” rightiousness, GOD THE FATHER IS THE JUSTIFIER OF ALL THOSE THAT BELIEVE.

peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,

We follow the one who was born in Bethlehem and reborn of water and the Spirit at the Jordan.

Proclaimer
    Participant

So you say Nick, but in the same breath you teach that you do not follow the one who was born as a Savior and who is Christ the Lord because your Jesus certainly was not born in the city of David as this.

Can both freshwater and saltwater flow from the same spring?

If your Jesus was not born as the saviour and as Christ the Lord, then are you looking to another Jesus perhaps?

This is a question I would not take lightly, nor allow pride to harden my heart and stick to my own understanding.

Even if you cannot fathom it, best to believe the scripture and let God reveal it to you later, then deny it because your own understanding says otherwise. What scripture?

for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord

and in light of this one:

Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist…

Can you be saved by such a one who was not born into this world as the saviour and lord?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Why do you deny he was born a man?

Why do you deny he was born under the Law?

Why do you deny he was anointed for service at the Jordan?

Can you not yet grasp the prophetic Word?

your vain accusations find no mark.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Careful Nick, you are being a false witness regarding this and I do not want this sin imputed to you:

Why do you deny he was born a man?

Why do you deny he was born under the Law?

Or perhaps you really do not understand what I and others are saying in which case you should abstain from debate and teaching till such time you gain adequate understanding.

I have never denied Jesus came in the flesh. That means he was a man and we know he emptied himself and came as a man, born as an infant and grew to be an adult. I teach this.

Also, my vain accusations you speak of are scriptures, If you feel in some way attacked by them, then I cannot be to blame. When you teach something that looks dodgy, I quote scripture and that comes across as an attack to you.

Blessed are the peacemakers.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

So you agree he was born under the Law?

Good.

Gal 4 .4 agrees with you

Gal 5.18 says “If you are led by the Spirit you are not under the Law”

Was the infant Jesus led by the Spirit or is it only after the Jordan that this is said of him?

Lk 4.1

Are you sure he was born anointed or was Jesus appointed both Lord and Christ?

You need to see what is prophetic otherwise you will remain confused.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Jesus was born the messiah and the lord as scripture clearly states. To say that Jesus was not the Christ for most of his life is mostly saying that he was not the Christ. The Antichrist spirit denies the Christ and the son. But many cults skirt around this while maintaining the Antichrist spirit. For example, Islam teaches that Jesus is the Christ, but he didn’t die for humanity’s sins, but failed when he died. They deny the son outsight.

Nick, you deny that Jesus was the Christ outright for most of his earthly life. But scripture says he was born as such in Luke 2:11-14 :

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

And we have the prophecies in the Old Testament like this:

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

One of his names is “God with us” and that name is assigned to a new born son:

But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Then we are told that he will be born in Bethlehem and his origin is from old and everlasting. This is something else you seem to also deny.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Jesus is referred to as the King of the Jews in His earthly life: at His birth by the wise men (Matthew 2:2) and at his trial (Mark 15:2). All four gospels record the words “King of the Jews” as part of Pilate’s instructions (Matthew 27:37; Mark 15:9; Luke 23:38; John 19:3) and Pilate’s direct address to Jesus (Matthew 27:11; Mark 15:2; Luke 23:3; John 18:33). During the trial of Jesus, Pilate had asked Him, “Are you the king of the Jews?” (Mark 15:2). Jesus answered, “It is as you say”

I am guessing Nick that you have to deny that he is King of the Jews for the same reason you deny he was born the messiah, because he is not ruling directly over Israel currently.

And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

If you have followed him then you would know of his anointing from above.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Indeed God revealed His prophetic plan as He always does.

But natural men cannot grasp the prophetic word.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

You are desperate to defend your view against prophetic scripture.

Good luck

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..do you even believe Jesus had to be anointed before he could even qulify as a Christo’s? The word christo’s or messiah, applies only to man and not to a preexisting being who was a God as you assume. God the father impregnated a human women “Mary”, making Jesus the “only” human being begotten, (born of flesh) , by God himself, through a human berth process. “For unto us (humanity), a child is born, unto us (humanity) son has been given. The government will be upon his shoulder.

But you say he was a preexisting GOD (MORPHED) INTO A HUMAN BODY, that would disqualify him from being a Messiah or Anointed human being. Seening you believe he was already a GOD, AT BERTH, THEN SURELY you do not believe he needed to be anointed by God, because you believe he already was a God. So by that you like the Gnostic’s are ANTICHRIST’S (against the anointing process) BY TEACHING JESUS WAS ALREADY A GOD, at berth, no need for him to be anointed by GOD later right?

Jesus was not a savior at berth, even though that was his destiny, nor was he the MESSIAH either, untill he became the Messiah at his baptizm by John in the Jordan river. That is when the holy spirit from God descended on him like a dove as scripture clearly say.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Nick. A man who cannot answer yes or no is hiding something. If he answers yes to what the scripture actually says, then he agrees. If he answers no, then he doesn’t agree. I can only assume that your answer is no because if it were yes, you wouldn’t hesitate to answer with a simple yes to show you agree with scripture. It is a shame that scripture is not trustworthy enough for you that you cannot wholeheartedly agree with it as it is written. You basically answer no, then add extra text so you can then say yes. Let me do a similar exercise.

Does God exist? Yes / No

1. Yes he does exist. (Clear and no explanation even needed as you are in agreement.)
    2. No he doesn’t exist. (Clear and no explanation even needed as you have made your stance clear for all to see.)

But let’s say I do NOT believe in the existence of God, but my conscience bugs me about answering ‘no’ as I know ‘yes’ is the correct answer, even though I actually do not believe he exists. So here is what to do. You can say something like this:

Yes God exists, but God is another name for the Universe.

See that. I get to actually say ‘yes’, but am really saying no. I satisfy the readers in as much as I have not denied his existence to expose myself as a fool, but then I change the meaning to actually say I do not believe he exists, but I get to use the word ‘yes’ in the sentence.

This is what you are doing Nick. The Devil is in the detail.

But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

Nick, there is absolutely no need to collude with the evil one. Just say yes or no. Anything else means you are unworthy to have a truthful discussion, and thus you shouldn’t be here in the forum. Have another go Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Would you judge the Lord in this way too?

Proclaimer
    Participant

I never wrote or spoke those words as they are the words of Christ and are considered scripture. If you feel like these words are judging you, then they are doing the job it was intended to do.

But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

If you do not deal with it here in this life, then you are free to take this up with God on that day. Your choice. What does that really matter to me how you decide to live, ultimately that is up to you. I am only here to help, but rejection of that help is fine with me. I do not force people to be good only show them the scripture and use that to point the way.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

So if Jesus Christ gave us those words and gave complex longer answers when required then the lack of understanding of them is yours. Your attempts to use them as a form of punishment is a pathetic misuse of his words.

You seem to have lost the ability to understand and love.

Mercy triumphs over judgement.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi t8,

Indeed God revealed His prophetic plan as He always does.

But natural men cannot grasp the prophetic word.

So this is what you are saying Nick.

Natural Man believes:

for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord

Spiritual Man believes:

for today in the city of David there hasn’t been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord

So Nick is spiritual because he believes not that Jesus was born the messiah, and I am natural because I believe that Jesus was born the messiah as the scripture clearly says. In fact I am natural even when I quote the scripture verbatim. Crazy thing of all is you condemn logic and I guess I can see why. lol.

This is funny at least, but it is at your own expense unfortunately.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Nick, true love includes loving the truth. If you deny clear scripture and the words of Jesus, cannot give a clear yes or no to a fair question, and you also react badly when you are shown the great importance of love, then you have some issues to work through. And do I need to remind you, myself, and everyone else of the urgency in this late hour. While Christ may or may not come back in our lifetime. We will certainly meet him face to face whether he comes here or we go there. Time is short. Do not waste it. This time is the grace of God allowing us room to become better and rid ourselves of blemishes. God’s grace should never be trampled into the mud.

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 894 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account