Was Adam truly the FIRST man ever?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 672 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 08 2013,15:33)

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 07 2013,18:56)
    What about Cain and his wife, and the others that cain was afraid of?

Well, presumably, since Cain thought being banished to Nod was an unbearable punishment, it was not a good place to be.  So my question is WHY there were “others” already in the land of Nod, that Cain had to be afraid of?

What were these other “sons and daughters of Adam” doing there?  Why were they WILLINGLY living out of the presence of God, in a place where Cain didn't want to be sent?

Okay I haven't been fully following this topic, so forgive me if my post is lame as I have no real research to add at this point.

But I was thinking that the wilderness was probably a wild place of ravenous animals and even dinosaurs. Unless they lived in a previous eon. And any human there could have chosen to be uncivilized and thus maybe untrustworthy too.

Of course, there could have been a remnant of man from some previous age. We know that when Jesus returns that there will still be flesh which could mean that there will be old humans alive during the Millennium. Maybe these were old men from the previous eon.

I just think there is so much more to what we know that we can only speculate and look at the possibilities that scripture seems to hint at.

It's even possible that the sons of God may well have been a previous race here on Earth, given that they were able to mingle with our woman.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 08 2013,12:27)

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 07 2013,18:56)
    How many children and grand children can be born in the space of 100 yrs?

Read Gen 5, Wakeup.  The youngest any father was when he begot the “mentioned” son was 65 years old.  Most of them were over 100 when they begot the “mentioned” son.

Is there any reason to think the “mentioned” son isn't also the firstborn?

And what comment do you make about Noah?  We KNOW that Noah was 500 years old when Shem, Ham and Japheth were born.  And it seems reasonable that these “mentioned sons” were the first sons he had – or else he left his older sons to die in the flood.

And what does the fact that Noah's three sons were over 100 years old and without children tell us?

Mike B.

In the case of Noah 500yrs old; and only 3 sons.
    We can also look into Abrahams case,there is a good reason why Sarah could not have children,untill God was ready. And so it was in the case of Noah.God has planned his family,for his porpose.

That does not mean that every family back then dont have many children,I think the contrary.

Even the angels were tepmpted by the fair women.
    I do think they were breading like rabbits.(free sex).

wakeup.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 08 2013,10:48)

Quote (jammin @ April 15 2012,19:15)
    THERE WAS NO MAN TO TILL THE GROUND

The Hebrew word is “adam”.  There was no “adam” to till the ground.  Of course we all know that the earth can survive with or without an adam tilling the ground.

LOL

therefore mike, adam is the first man.
    the bible said that.
    there was no man before adam.

if you dont believe that, make your own version boy lOL

Proclaimer
    Participant

Just to give another perspective in this topic.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi Jammin.

Scientists say Cro-magnons were men. Hence the term Cro-magnon man.

Maybe God didn't consider them as man, but they appear to have existed as something similar to man at least. After all, monkeys are similar to man, but Cro-magnons are thought to be like us in that they had tools and other artifacts.

People also assume they were primitive because they are suppose to be older than us, yet they had a bigger skull that could house a bigger brain than us. Even up to 200 cc bigger than the average modern human brain. The Bible also mysteriously talks about giants walking the Earth before the flood and after.

I guess Jammin, sometimes we need to be open minded when we do not have the complete truth in all things.

It is healthy to wonder, to be inquisitive, to question, and to challenge.

It is not healthy to be stubbornly set in our ways and to mock other people's ideas that cannot currently be proven. I have no problem making humour out of foolishness, but we both know that many valid scientific truths were ridiculed by the scientific community of its day because it did not fit the consensus.

From what I can tell, the Bible does not rule out that God was doing things in other eons on Earth. And just as there seems to be a crossover from the Age of Satan's rule or influence on Earth to the Millennium, (i.e., flesh will survive at the coming of the Lord), or the pre-flood world to this world, (i.e., Noah and family, plus animals), who knows what might have crossed over if anything from a world before God created Adam.

Yes the Earth was formless and void, but Man was created on the sixth day and many other things happened before that.

Wakeup
    Participant

Lets not ignore Gods words:
    He said; mans wisdom is foolishness to God ,and Gods
    wisdom is foolishness to man.

God has given us the names of all adams grand children up to Noah, and from Noah to Abraham,and from Abraham to Jesus.

God says that the new world started in Babel with Nimrod grand son of Cush as the first king.

Scientist say man started in africa?

From adam to Noah was 1600yrs. This is the old world,and this is the time when the fallen angels came down and interfere with Gods creation,as they are doing today. It was the fallen angels that taught men technology such as making swords of iron and brass.

Witchcraft, medicine, writhings and all sort of things.
    Those angels also have been creating hybrids between man and animals,and them selves.

This is written in the book of Enoch.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 08 2013,19:28)
    Hi Jammin.

Maybe God didn't consider them as man, but they appear to have existed as something similar to man at least. After all, monkeys are similar to man, but Cro-magnons are thought to be like us in that they had tools and other artifacts.

People also assume they were primitive because they are suppose to be older than us, yet they had a bigger skull that could house a bigger brain than us. Even up to 200 cc bigger than the average modern human brain. The Bible also mysteriously talks about giants walking the Earth before the flood and after.

I guess Jammin, sometimes we need to be open minded when we do not have the complete truth in all things.

It is not healthy to be stubbornly set in our ways and to mock other people's ideas that cannot currently be proven. I have no problem making humour out of foolishness, but we both know that many valid scientific truths were ridiculed by the scientific community of its day because it did not fit the consensus.

From what I can tell, the Bible does not rule out that God was doing things in other eons on Earth. And just as there seems to be a crossover from the Age of Satan's rule or influence on Earth to the Millennium, (i.e., flesh will survive at the coming of the Lord), or the pre-flood world to this world, (i.e., Noah and family, plus animals), who knows what might have crossed over if anything from a world before God created Adam.

Yes the Earth was formless and void, but Man was created on the sixth day and many other things happened before that.

t8

raven are know to use tools as well

terraricca
    Participant

t8

honestly ;birds and mammals were using tools that men still do not know how they do it ,WHO GIVE THEM THOSE TOOLS IF MEN DON'T EVEN KNOW THEM ???

ARE BIRDS AND MAMMALS SMARTER THAN MEN ??? I START TO BELIEVE THAT SOME MEN ARE LESS INTELLIGENT THAN THOSE BIRDS AND MAMMALS AND SOME TEACH AT YALE UNIVERSITY TOO

jammin
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 09 2013,00:28)
    Hi Jammin.

we are talking about MAN here and not animals.

kerwin
    Participant

T8,

There was no night and day of time.
    There was no light.
    There were no stars.
    The moon, if it existed yet, was covered with darkness and so did not shine.

Did Cro-magnons ever exist?

There is no way to really know unless Jehovah reveals it to us.  If so the timescale is wrong or Scripture has been mistranslated or altered by man..

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 08 2013,05:33)
    That does not mean that every family back then dont have many children,I think the contrary.

And you may be right, Wakeup.  Perhaps Noah having his first children at age 500 was an extreme exception to the rule.  Perhaps ALL THREE of his kids not having any children by the time they were over 100 was also an exception to the rule.

Perhaps Eve saying Seth was given to her by God to REPLACE Abel, who had died, was just words – and she really already had hundreds of children.

But how did Cain find a wife in the land of Nod?  (Perhaps he was already married, and took his wife with him from the presence of the Lord?)  But then, if that was the case, and Cain had his first son, Enoch, in the land of Nod, it makes a pretty good case that Cain did not have children until he was very old.  (Since Adam was 130 when Eve had Seth to “replace” Abel.)

Also, why would Cain, with one wife, and one child, set out to build a city? (Gen 4:17)  Why would only three people need a “city”?

Wakeup
    Participant

Mike B.

Yes, why owuld Cain build a city just for the 3 of them .

Good thinking.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 10 2013,10:09)

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 08 2013,05:33)

And you may be right, Wakeup.  Perhaps Noah having his first children at age 500 was an extreme exception to the rule.  Perhaps ALL THREE of his kids not having any children by the time they were over 100 was also an exception to the rule.

Perhaps Eve saying Seth was given to her by God to REPLACE Abel, who had died, was just words – and she really already had hundreds of children.

But how did Cain find a wife in the land of Nod?  (Perhaps he was already married, and took his wife with him from the presence of the Lord?)  But then, if that was the case, and Cain had his first son, Enoch, in the land of Nod, it makes a pretty good case that Cain did not have children until he was very old.  (Since Adam was 130 when Eve had Seth to “replace” Abel.)

Also, why would Cain, with one wife, and one child, set out to build a city? (Gen 4:17)  Why would only three people need a “city”?

Mike

What is a city in those day,s ???

It could mean just starting a hut or two and build a wall around it for night protection ,and in time more children coming along ,or other children from other families join the group,there are so many combination ,

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 09 2013,14:32)
    t8

Yes animals can use tools.
    Using tools usually indicates a smart species.

We have a bird here in New Zealand that is considered to be the smartest in the world, at least by the Institute of Cognitive Biology in Vienna. They concluded that its intelligence rivals some primates.
    http://planetsave.com/2009….5wML.99

They are the only parrot that live in alpine environments. I took these shots about 10 years ago.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Feb. 10 2013,08:38)
    we are talking about MAN here and not animals.

Were the sons of God that bred with human woman, men?

Were their offspring that lived among us also men?
    They are referred to as the legends of old, the men of renown.

The Greek legend of Hercules are the offspring of a god and Gaia (Earth). He is a legend of old for example.

There are a lot of things that we do not fully understand. So I personally do not write anything off, if there is no complete evidence either way.

terraricca
    Participant

t8

we also do not know at what point the daughters of men were many and that the angels saw that their were beautiful ,this suppose to mean that their were more women than man by far ,and it could be that it was early on after the kick out of Eden like maybe 100 years or so that it happen ,and this would count also for Cain fear of the giants or heroes of old as we call them,

but yes those are speculations not rock truths :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 09 2013,22:37)
    Mike B.

Yes, why owuld Cain build a city just for the 3 of them .

Good thinking.

wakeup.

Thank you, Wakeup.  All I'm doing is pointing out some things that just don't seem to add up.

Consider this:

On the fifth and sixth day, God created the creatures that fly in the air, swim in the see, walk on the ground, and crawl on the ground.  Perhaps Neanderthals, which are NOT called “adam” by the Hebrews, were already part of the creatures that walk on the ground.

AND THEN, after the birds, fish, cows, monkeys and Neanderthals were already multiplying and filling the earth after their kind, God decided to make “adam”, a Neanderthal-type being, except “adam” was made in the image of God, with a conscience, increased intelligence, and a knowledge of the God who created him.  And this DIFFERENT kind of humanoid being was set apart from the Neanderthals and placed in God's own garden.

This understanding would do two things, from what I can see:

1.  It would explain the remnants of humanoids we've uncovered that are older than 6000 years.

2.  It would explain the “others” living in the land of Nod – the ones Cain was afraid of.

God did the same type of thing later on, too.  He chose Noah to start anew.  He chose Abraham out of all the people of the earth to produce His special inheritance nation, ie:  the Jews.

Why couldn't have God chosen Adam as the first of His “special inheritance people” to reign dominant over the fish, birds, livestock and the Neanderthals who were already in existence?

And when scripture says Adam was the first “man”, it is not lying, because the Neanderthals were not considered “men” by Moses when he wrote the story of creation. Instead, they were one of the many “beasts of the earth” that were already in existence. (Gen 1:25)  

Therefore, Adam truly was the first “man”, made in God's image.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 10 2013,01:39)
    I took these shots about 10 years ago.

You do get around, don't you? :)

terraricca
    Participant

mike

AND THEN, after the birds, fish, cows, monkeys and Neanderthals were already multiplying and filling the earth after their kind, God decided to make “adam”, a Neanderthal-type being, except “adam” was made in the image of God, with a conscience, increased intelligence, and a knowledge of the God who created him. And this DIFFERENT kind of humanoid being was set apart from the Neanderthals and placed in God's own garden.

Neanderthals, humans may have missed each other
    New analysis suggests Neanderthals died out far earlier than thought
    The Associated Press Posted: Feb 4, 2013 3:21 PM ET Last Updated: Feb 4, 2013 4:12 PM ET Read 41 comments41
    Facebook
    Twitter

Email
    Related Stories
    Neanderthal genome may hold clues to human survival
    Neanderthals, humans didn't make whoopee, study says
    Sex with Neanderthals boosted human immunity
    External Links
    Full paper
    (Note:CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external links.)
    The hyperrealistic face of a neanderthal male is displayed in a cave in the new Neanderthal Museum in the northern Croatian town of Krapina. (Nikola Solic/Reuters)
    Theories about when the last Neanderthals walked the Earth may have to be revised, according to a study that suggests they became extinct in their last refuge in Spain much earlier than previously thought.

Previous dating of animal bone fossils found at Neanderthal sites in the region put the youngest at about 35,000 years.

But researchers from Australia and Europe re-examined the bones using an improved method to filter out contamination and concluded that the remains are about 50,000 years old.

If true, the study, casts doubt on the idea that modern humans and Neanderthals co-existed — and possibly even interbred —for millennia, because humans aren't believed to have settled in the region until 42,000 years ago.

'Major problems' with previous analysis
    This Neanderthal fossil was found close to the animal bones that were dated in the study. (C. Barroso-Ruiz)
    “The results of our study suggest that there are major problems with the dating of the last Neanderthals in modern-day Spain,” said Thomas Higham, deputy director of the Radiocarbon Accelerator Unit at Oxford University in England. “It is unlikely that Neanderthals survived any later in this area than they did elsewhere in mainland Europe.”

The study, which was published Monday by the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, doesn't completely exclude the possibility that Neanderthals survived until 35,000 years ago. The problem is that the warm climate on the Iberian peninsula quickly degrades a key protein used in so-called radiocarbon dating.

The researchers were only able to test bones from two of the 11 known Neanderthal sites in Spain. They were subjected to a new method called “ultrafiltration.” This removes more recent carbon molecules that have contaminated the bones and made them appear younger than they actually are.

Such techniques often lead to older radiocarbon dates, said, Chris Stringer, a senior research fellow at Britain's Natural History Museum.

“Science moves on and technology moves on,” he said.

Other Neanderthal sites need testing
    Stringer, who was not involved in the study, said the new techniques should now be applied to other sites in Spain. “Until this is done, there must be a significant question mark over the possible late survival of Neanderthals in the region.”

If the remains from the other sites, too, turn out to be older, any encounter between Neanderthals and humans would have to have taken place earlier than previously thought, he said.

“Evidence from Britain, Belgium, France, Germany and Italy is increasingly pointing to a modern human presence before 40,000 years ago,” said Stringer. “The new chronology suggests that any interaction between the last Neanderthals and the earliest moderns in Europe will similarly move before, rather than after, 40,000 years.”

There is also the chance that Neanderthals survived longer in other corners of Europe, said Rachel E. Wood of the Australian National University in Canberra, a co-author of the study.

“There are some other possible areas that may have also acted as a refuge for the species, such as the Caucasus, but the 'young' radiocarbon dates in these areas have also found to be problematic,” she said.

© The Associated Press, 2013

as far that it comes to my understanding ;men have a lot of imagination and the desperation to kill the word of God is so intense that they would say or do anything to kill it .or silence it ,theory upon theory :D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 10 2013,13:39)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 09 2013,14:32)
    t8

Yes animals can use tools.
    Using tools usually indicates a smart species.

We have a bird here in New Zealand that is considered to be the smartest in the world, at least by the Institute of Cognitive Biology in Vienna. They concluded that its intelligence rivals some primates.
    http://planetsave.com/2009….5wML.99

They are the only parrot that live in alpine environments. I took these shots about 10 years ago.

nice bird :D

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 672 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account