Was Adam truly the FIRST man ever?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 672 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

still not done yet?>

wasting time

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 27 2013,08:00)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 27 2013,06:41)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 26 2013,18:39)
    Nephilim   it mean giant ,but it could mean beast or men or both

But are/were they the same species as “adam”?

guessing I say NO, because they are gone

T,

Giants are still around.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 27 2013,11:43)

T,

Giants are still around.

K

What are you calling a giant ??? 7,8,9,10,15, 20,feet tall ???

Mamouth are giants

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 27 2013,12:20)

T,

Giants are still around.

K

What are you calling a giant ???  7,8,9,10,15, 20,feet tall ???

Mamouth are giants

T,

The presently living ones are generally from 7-9' tall.   If we have the conversion correct then Goliath was about 9.75 feet tall

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 27 2013,17:18)

T,

Giants are still around.

K

Mamouth are giants

T,

The presently living ones are generally from 7-9' tall.   If we have the conversion correct then Goliath was about 9.75 feet tall

k

in zullu country almost all are 7 feet tall or close to ,

so to a Lilliput what would be 3 to 4 feet tall yes those are giants ,

but to a average 6 feet person being 9 feet tall his not being a giant in my opinion , i would just call him very tall,

also those of today that are that tall are hit by a malformation and die young compere to others ,

but Geneses also talks about the heroes of old ,who are those ???

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (thehappyman @ Aug. 25 2011,08:37)
    Gen.1:26-28 . This creation of man & women was before Adam ?  Could it be that Adam is the first man created in the garden of Eden and this became the first of God's chosen people. Gen.2:5-8, I heard Haggie speak of it that way.     ????

the happyman

Could it be that Adam is the first man created in the garden of Eden

PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT SCRIPTURES SAYING ADAM WAS NOT CREATED “IN ” THE GARDEN OF EDEN BUT OUTSIDE AND SO WAS PUT “IN ” THE GARDEN OF EDEN

JUST MY 2 CENTS

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 19 2013,08:09)

David, WHO in scripture descended from the lineage of faithful and righteous Abel?

I would say it is Seth,

david

only Seth could produce now a offspring of faithful believers like Abel ,and all those who possess the faith of Abel will be like a family of brothers and sisters ,

the physical world was born with Adam but also died with him ,

Abel was the first to understand that .

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 27 2013,13:55)
    only Seth could produce now a offspring of faithful believers like Abel…………..

So then you're saying that the supposed other children that Adam and Eve had BEFORE Seth were all “evil” like Cain?

See Pierre? This is yet another problem – or at least a question that needs addressed.

The way YOU guys understand it, Cain was first, Abel was second, then came tons of children and grandchildren, etc., and THEN Cain killed Abel, and THEN God replaced Abel with righteous Seth.

But if that's truly what happened, why were ALL of Adam and Eve's descendants EVIL except for Abel, and then Seth? You guys claim their were hundreds of them by the time Cain was banished. So why were they ALL evil, and not one of them righteous?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 26 2013,23:43)

T,

Giants are still around.

I don't know that they're STILL around, but they were when the Israelites came into the promised land. (Numbers 13:33)

That verse also says the Anakites came from the hybrid Nephilim – supporting the thought that these non-adam hybrids (the Nephilim) were able to communicate and procreate with adams.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 28 2013,04:12)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 27 2013,13:55)
    only Seth could produce now a offspring of faithful believers like Abel…………..

So then you're saying that the supposed other children that Adam and Eve had BEFORE Seth were all “evil” like Cain?

See Pierre?  This is yet another problem – or at least a question that needs addressed.

The way YOU guys understand it, Cain was first, Abel was second, then came tons of children and grandchildren, etc., and THEN Cain killed Abel, and THEN God replaced Abel with righteous Seth.

But if that's truly what happened, why were ALL of Adam and Eve's descendants EVIL except for Abel, and then Seth?  You guys claim their were hundreds of them by the time Cain was banished.  So why were they ALL evil, and not one of them righteous?

Mike

Ge 6:5 The LORD saw how great man’s wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time.

this his the end of the line ;but was going on for centuries ,

so God destroyed them,

But if that's truly what happened, why were ALL of Adam and Eve's descendants EVIL except for Abel, and then Seth?

Ge 5:22 And after he became the father of Methuselah, Enoch walked with God

Ge 6:8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

yes it seems that the righteous were not in number great,

Proclaimer
    Participant

Although the Nephilim were generally giant, their name is suppose to mean something else according to some.

Taken from Wikipedia:

The Nephilim (pron.: /ˈnɛfɨˌlɪm/) were the offspring of the “sons of God” and the “daughters of men” according to Genesis 6:4; and giants who inhabited Canaan according to Numbers 13:33. A similar biblical Hebrew word with different vowel-sounds is used in Ezekiel 32:27 to refer to dead Philistine warriors.

The Brown-Driver-Briggs Lexicon gives the meaning of Nephilim as “giants”. Robert Baker Girdlestone argued the word comes from the Hiphil causative stem. Adam Clarke took it as passive, “fallen”, “apostates”. Ronald Hendel states that it is a passive form “ones who have fallen”, equivalent grammatically to paqid “one who is appointed” (i.e. overseer), asir, “one who is bound”, (i.e. prisoner) etc.

The term “Nephilim” occurs just twice in the Hebrew Bible, both in the Torah. The first is Genesis 6:1–4 NAS, immediately before the story of Noah's ark: “Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.”

The second is Numbers 13:32–33 NAS, where the Twelve Spies report that they have seen fearsome giants in Canaan: “So they gave out to the sons of Israel a bad report of the land which they had spied out, saying, “The land through which we had gone, in spying it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants; and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great size. There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.”

The nature of the nephilim is complicated by the ambiguity of Genesis 6:4, which leaves it unclear whether they are the “sons of God” or their offspring who are the “mighty men of old, men of renown”. Richard Hess in The Anchor Bible Dictionary takes it to mean that the nephilim are the offspring, as does P. W. Coxon in Dictionary of deities and demons in the Bible.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Was Adam truly the FIRST man ever?

Adam means man, so perhaps he was the first, and why he was called Adam.

But there could have been a pre-adamic race with a different name during the angelic rebellion.
    We are told there was war in heaven, but we are not told of the works of these angels, unless we read Enoch and perhaps other books. But I am willing to say that it is likely that not all they did is recorded for us to read. And if these sons of God sinned with the daughters of men and animals as it says in Enoch, and that there were Nephilim on the Earth in that time and afterwards, then that doesn't rule out they were here before.

This does open up the possibility that something was going on here before Adam. It could even be that God created Adam to take dominion of the Earth and that could have included taking dominion from someone who had it before. If Adam was told to repopulate the Earth, then that would fit that idea too.

I don't think we will know until all things are revealed, but suffice to say, there is a whole lot of history before we came on the scene.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 28 2013,01:38)

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 27 2013,17:18)

T,

Giants are still around.

K

Mamouth are giants

T,

k

in zullu country almost all are 7 feet tall or close to ,

so to a Lilliput what would be 3 to 4 feet tall yes those are giants ,

but to a average 6 feet person being 9 feet tall his not being a giant in my opinion , i would just call him very tall,

also those of today that are that tall are hit by a malformation and die young compere to others ,

but Geneses also talks about the heroes of old ,who are those ???

T,

All I know is that these people are said to be giants at times. Goliath is also called a giant as is Og. Og's bed was 14 to 15 feet long. Those are the only two heights of giants given in Scripture that I know of.

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them,

This version of Scripture tells us when there were giants in the earth. The wording makes is sounds like the giants were first there before the crossbreeding occurred but continued to be there even during the time the crossbreeding was occuring..

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 28 2013,09:28)
    Although the Nephilim were generally giant, their name is suppose to mean something else according to some.

Taken from Wikipedia:

The Nephilim (pron.: /ˈnɛfɨˌlɪm/) were the offspring of the “sons of God” and the “daughters of men” according to Genesis 6:4; and giants who inhabited Canaan according to Numbers 13:33. A similar biblical Hebrew word with different vowel-sounds is used in Ezekiel 32:27 to refer to dead Philistine warriors.

The Brown-Driver-Briggs Lexicon gives the meaning of Nephilim as “giants”. Robert Baker Girdlestone argued the word comes from the Hiphil causative stem. Adam Clarke took it as passive, “fallen”, “apostates”. Ronald Hendel states that it is a passive form “ones who have fallen”, equivalent grammatically to paqid “one who is appointed” (i.e. overseer), asir, “one who is bound”, (i.e. prisoner) etc.

The term “Nephilim” occurs just twice in the Hebrew Bible, both in the Torah. The first is Genesis 6:1–4 NAS, immediately before the story of Noah's ark: “Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.”

The second is Numbers 13:32–33 NAS, where the Twelve Spies report that they have seen fearsome giants in Canaan: “So they gave out to the sons of Israel a bad report of the land which they had spied out, saying, “The land through which we had gone, in spying it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants; and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great size. There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.”

The nature of the nephilim is complicated by the ambiguity of Genesis 6:4, which leaves it unclear whether they are the “sons of God” or their offspring who are the “mighty men of old, men of renown”. Richard Hess in The Anchor Bible Dictionary takes it to mean that the nephilim are the offspring, as does P. W. Coxon in Dictionary of deities and demons in the Bible.

t8

this his the Septuagint version of Gen;6

2 And it came to pass when men began to be numerous upon the earth, and daughters were born to them, 3 that the sons of God having seen the daughters of men that they were beautiful, took to themselves wives of all whom they chose. 4 And the Lord God said, My Spirit shall certainly not remain among these men for ever, because they are flesh, but their days shall be an hundred and twenty years. 5 Now the giants were upon the earth in those days; and after that when the sons of God were wont to go in to the daughters of men, they bore children to them, those were the giants of old, the men of renown.

it seems not to say the same thing than the other versions ,

now the giant could be also the materialized angels ?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Were they the angels or sons of God that took wives from among mankind, or were they the offspring?
    I assumed the offspring.
    And we are told they were the legends of old.

If we take Hercules, then according to legend, his father was a god and his mother (Gaia) was earthly.
    And he is a legend of old.
    Maybe he is based on a real person?

The Book of Enoch gives in depth description regarding the Nephilim and the Bible quotes this book a few times, and at least once regarding this subject.
    Might be worth reading that book again.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 28 2013,10:06)

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 28 2013,09:28)

Taken from Wikipedia:

t8

this his the Septuagint version of Gen;6

2 And it came to pass when men began to be numerous upon the earth, and daughters were born to them, 3 that the sons of God having seen the daughters of men that they were beautiful, took to themselves wives of all whom they chose. 4 And the Lord God said, My Spirit shall certainly not remain among these men for ever, because they are flesh, but their days shall be an hundred and twenty years. 5 Now the giants were upon the earth in those days; and after that when the sons of God were wont to go in to the daughters of men, they bore children to them, those were the giants of old, the men of renown.

it seems not to say the same thing than the other versions ,

now the giant could be also the materialized angels ?

T,

That translation is different.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 28 2013,14:56)
    Were they the angels or sons of God that took wives from among mankind, or were they the offspring?
    I assumed the offspring.
    And we are told they were the legends of old.

If we take Hercules, then according to legend, his father was a god and his mother (Gaia) was earthly.
    And he is a legend of old.
    Maybe he is based on a real person?

The Book of Enoch gives in depth description regarding the Nephilim and the Bible quotes this book a few times, and at least once regarding this subject.
    Might be worth reading that book again.

T8,

Hercules and Samson are similar. The Philistines are though to be related to the Greeks.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Mike, there are some interesting points in this video.
    Especially about two-thirds the way in.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Okay t8,

I watched it.  What points stood out for you?

I've often wondered how, if all flesh was destroyed in the flood, Nephilim ended up on earth AFTER the flood.

I assumed that the angels continued mating with human woman, because the alternative (in my mind) was that Noah had Nephilim blood running through his veins.

This guy offered a scenario that perhaps Nephilim blood was carried through the flood by the wives of Noah's sons.

There were some other interesting points as well.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I thought it interesting that the sons of God were bent on creating or mixing DNA.
    And the point about animals devouring each other made sense too.

I think God's way was nature in harmony and I wondered why the animal kingdom was so violent if God made the animals. Further proof is the lion will lay down with the lamb during the Millenium or new Earth (can't remember). Even man ate herbs and plants in the beginning. The Noahaic covenant is when meat was introduced.

To me there are many possibilities as to what appears to not add in Genesis. Because everything is not written down for us and angels were messing around with life forms, then who knows what was going on even at the time of Adam.

I mean if Satan appeared to Eve, then that suggests that he may have been messing around with stuff even previous to that encounter. Further God cursed the serpent (animal) so that it would move on its belly. Was that a genetically manipulated animal right there? Seems funny that God cursed that animal to me, but this could explain it.

And why would God create violet animals like the Tyrannosaurus, unless it was one of the results of these sons of GOd sinning with animals so that they devoured one another. My previous best guess was that when man fell, so did the Earth and its order. Thus explaining why animals were the way they were. As it is written, the Earth mourns for the revealing of the sons of God.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 672 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account