Virgin birth

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 934 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Nick,
    I believe it was at Jordan. But our brother Kerwin may not agree with our view. Many think this approach is towards Adoptionism. I don't know what you say on this view.

Peace to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    The kingdom of God is not of words but power.
    The works began then

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 06 2009,13:46)

Quote (kerwin @ June 06 2009,18:17)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 05 2009,14:02)
    Hi KW,
    In Lk4 we see for the first time it written that Jesus was filled with the Spirit.

Just because it was written down that he was filled with the Spirit at that particular time does not mean that he was not filled with the Spirit at other times and it was not written down.  

We know for instance that Jesus did many things that were not written down as one writer told us that.

Hi KW,
    Do you think he had been previously filled with the Spirit but nobody mentioned it? He began his power ministry then.

We know very little about what happened to Jesus before he was baptized by John at the river Jordon but we do know that there were those that acknowledges he was the Messiah at his birth and circumcision.  We also know that at the age of 12 he was asking knowledgeable questions about scriptures and called God his Father even though he had more growth in wisdom and statue to do.  We also know that even though tempted like we are he did not sin even before being baptized in the Jordon.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 06 2009,15:10)
    Hi GM,
    The kingdom of God is not of words but power.
    The works began then

Are not Jesus' teaching part of his works? Did he not ask knowledgeable questions about scripture even at the age of 12?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Do you think his one demonstration of knowledge at 12 is convincing evidence that he was already anointed?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Luke 2:45-47

45And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him.

46And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.

47And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

Men still assume because they have acquired knowledge by research that they must have been reborn of the Spirit.
    But the ministry of prophecy later shown by Jesus and his apostles does not just comprise the knowledge of what others have taught but new revelation.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 07 2009,11:15)
    Hi KW,
    Do you think his one demonstration of knowledge at 12 is convincing evidence that he was already anointed?

I certainly consider the fact that he was called the Anointed one by an angel on his birth more evidence that he was anointed by that time at the latest.

Luke 2:11(KJV) reads:

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

The angel did not say he will become the Anointed One but rather said he is the Anointed One.

Simeon the man of Jerusalem confirmed that Jesus was the Anointed One when Jesus' parents took the baby to the temple to be circumcised.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    So you think a man filled with the Holy Spirit would not manifest that extraordinary anointing till age 30?

kerwin
    Participant

When were the seventy two giver power?  Did it happen at the same time they were baptized?

Luke 10:17-20(KJV) reads:

And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.  Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Looks like Jesus' mother knew more than we are told.

John 2:4(KJV) reads:

Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.

Since he has the power why is he so reluctant to use it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Jesus used his authority to share his ministry of power with his disciples.
    But he gave them this power as the father had given him power in Acts 2.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 08 2009,01:54)
    Hi KW,
    Jesus used his authority to share his ministry of power with his disciples.
    But he gave them this power as the father had given him power in Acts 2.

Does scripture tells us at what point God gave Jesus the power to perform miracles?

We know that Jesus was knowledgeable about God's word by the age of 12.

Scripture does tell us he was called the Anointed One at least as soon as he was born.

It follows if he was called the Anointed One then he must have already been anointed unless the angel in question misspoke.

What was that anointing?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    John also said he was the one who baptised in the Spirit but no record of him doing that either till after the Jordan, and after he rose.
    Prophecy.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 08 2009,17:00)
    Hi KW,
    John also said he was the one who baptised in the Spirit but no record of him doing that either till after the Jordan, and after he rose.
    Prophecy.

John also said that he himself did not batiste in Spirit.

Jesus did not baptize with Spirit until after he died. In fact the first time scripture tells us anyone was baptized with Spirit was at the first Pentecost after Jesus rose from the dead and ascended to heaven. That is because no one could enter the new covenant until it was sealed with Jesus' blood.

I want to point out that Jesus, like David his forefather, was anointed some time before he actually took the throne, which I believe he did when he ascended to heaven.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    So he was the Messiah or the Christ from his birth as attested in scripture though he did not receive that anointing till later.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 05 2009,20:48)

Quote (thethinker @ June 05 2009,20:32)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 05 2009,20:20)
    Hi tt,
    But your reliance on intuitive knowledge is useless as it is personal to you.
    All men are weak and the problem is few know it.

The success of Jesus Christ, the man, related partly to his awareness of his utter dependance of God and not himself.

Read what he said and what scripture says about him that he was anointed with the Holy Spirit and power.

What “intuitive knowledge” are you speaking about Nick? I am talking scientifically. I am speaking about things we all observe every day. If Jesus had weakness and He was like us in every way then at some point in His life He would have failed to rely on God.

thinker

Hi TT,
    Since when did one man's observations comprise any form of science??

One man's observation?

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So when did your ideas from your observations become any form of science?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 09 2009,07:05)
    Hi KW,
    So he was the Messiah or the Christ from his birth as attested in scripture though he did not receive that anointing till later.

I agree.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan:

Are you stating a conclusion or asking a question?

What I meant by what I said is that Jesus was anointed at or by the time he was born but that he did not take his throne until after he ascended to heaven and sat at the right hand of God.     I used King David as an example as David was anointed while King Saul was still on the throne and did not take the throne until after Saul’s time was over.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    We do know about his anointing at the Jordan but you guess it happened before then as well??
    Was David anointed twice?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 09 2009,15:51)
    Hi KW,
    We do know about his anointing at the Jordan but you guess it happened before then as well??
    Was David anointed twice?

I am kind of curious where you read that Jesus was anointed by God at the Jordon river.   I just did a search for “anoint”
    in the New International Version and I did not find anything about Jesus being anointed at the Jordon.  I did find he was anointed by the Holy Spirit the same one he was conceived by.  I also know he was conceived before he was born and at birth an angel called him The anointed One.

Here is what a Greek Lexicon states Christos means.

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 934 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account