Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 1,421 through 1,440 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………What you posted has nothing to do with the salvation of All, what you posted has to do with maturing not Salvation for all.
    ASK yourself have (YOU ) left the PRINCIPLES of the DOCTRINE About or of CHRIST, or baptism . Reread Heb 6:1 have you done that yet. it appears not from many of your past posts.

peace and love to you……………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So you agree universal salvation is strangely absent from the fundamentals shown in Heb6
    Yet it has many worldly proponents.
    We do follow them.

1 John 4:5
    They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 03 2009,18:22)
    Nick……..we were all evil minded people and God gave us his spirit. God put his spirit into a CARNAL minded person like yourself right. What makes you or I any different then others, Scripture says “GOD is no respecter of Persons”. Nick why are you arguing with the scriptures that Jodi quoted.. Why not show were they are not true if you can. Or give us (YOUR) understanding of what they say then, instead of saying things like”it is their obsession of desperation” or “he will put his spirit in all the carnal evil minded rebels”? Like you weren't a carnal evil minded REBEL. Peter said we have (ALL) had our past in such things. But GOd can show you mercy , but the hell with everyone else right?

peace and love…………………….gene

Amen brother Gene,

When God said that he gave man over to a debased mind, He was allowing peoples sins to not only continue but also grow deeper into evil. Evil, when it is allowed to continue will grow exceedingly evil. We can easily see this to be true today, often times when a child is abused they grow up to be even worse abusers then their parents.

God is showing how far man can go without His spirit working in them.

What Nick says and believes I find repulsive. How dare he measure himself against others. NO man is too wicked that YHWH cannot change. Who is Nick to say what YHWH can and cannot do, or who YHWH can and cannot change? Praise YHWH for HIS mercy and forgive Nick for his ignorance and arrogance. God has mercy, because He understands what Nick does not and he defiles HIS NAME. YHWH has committed ALL to disobedience in order that He would have mercy on ALL.

Gene the problem is that people fail to understand the root of evil. I personally feel like a lion at this moment roaring out because of my frustration with the great deception. Everything is so black and white to them they see the saved as being just a choice between God and some supernatural being.

The 'carnal evilminded rebels' are the prostitutes and the child molesters and the rapists murderers who were ALL abused horribly as children, they know nothing of peace or of God, because God has allowed man to see how sick we can become WITHOUT HIS SPIRIT. These people have not made any sort of conscious decision to choose good over evil. They are mere products of the world that they were cast into. THEY HAVE BEEN SHOWN NOTHING BUT EVIL, but there WILL come a time where God will show them the truth the light and the way.

1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body–whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free–and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For in fact the body is not one member but many. 15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? 18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. 19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be? 20 But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. 21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. 23 And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, 24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, 25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. 26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.

YHWH found it necessary to show a chosen few the weakness in man by allowing evil to grow into many, that He might raise up leaders with Christ in order for them to be firm in the truth, and then lead the rest into salvation. Yes, there were some at one point who did indeed seem to be weaker, only because God withheld His Spirit for a time to show the truth and fulfill His purpose. These, as Nick calls the 'carnal evilminded rebels', of which he finds less honorable, will be bestowed greater honor.

Why is this, well I think the answer is quite obvious. Greater honor will go to those which YHWH had to poor greater work into. Certainly some are more easily freed from bondage then others.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi……….Amen Sis.

love and peace to you and yours Jodi………………..gene

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 04 2009,11:28)
    Hi WOB,
    It is their obsession of desperation.
    Scripture never teaches all will be saved.

Nicks bible has many omissions?

1Tim.4:9-11 …9 Faithful is the saying and worthy of all welcome
    10 (for for this are we toiling and being reproached), that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind,
    11 especially of believers. These things be charging and teaching.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Chosenone……..Right on, we are to rely on the living God, as Jesus showed in His life and we need to also, the way he did. He gave GOD the FATHER (ALL) the GLORY. And said “if i glorify myself my glory is nothing”. Jesus let the Father do the glorifying, not himself. Many do not want us to rely on the living GOD , but on the messenger, most worship the messenger and reject his message. Jesus came to bring us to the Father (Not) himself. Jesus whole ministry bring us to GOD the FATHER. He Even said” i have glorified (YOU) on the earth”, Jesus said once to GOD to “Glorify Himself” and a voice came and said “I BOTH HAVE AND WILL”. God gives His GLORY to (NO) MAN, interesting i hear many glorifying Jesus but the Fathers name is hardly ever even hear mentioned. No wonder Jesus said in that day (MANY) will come unto me saying look at all the Good works we did in your Name , whats interesting is Jesus did not deny that they did good works in his name, but called then workers of iniquity., if a person understands what iniquity is, they have the reason Jesus said that. You see they were doing it in the wrong name. They should be doing it in the name of GOD the FATHER, Giving Glory to the one who Causes the Good Works in a man. GOD THE FATHER.

love to you and your Chosenone……………………….gene

chosenone
    Participant

THOSE WHO ARE CHOSEN

It is no part of our calling or service today to be crying out to men, “Repent! for near is the kingdom of the heavens!” (Matt.3:2); or, “Return and turn away from all your transgressions, And your depravity shall not become a stumbling block to you” (Ezekiel 18:30). Instead, in this present “day of salvation” (2 Cor.6:2), we are to dispense “the word of the conciliation,” “how that God was in Christ, conciliating the world to Himself, not reckoning their offenses to them” (2 Cor.5:18, 19). This tremendous change in the divine dealings during the present administration is “the world’s riches” (Rom.11:12) quite apart from their acceptance or appreciation of it.
    The terrible judgments which are predicted for “the conclusion of the eon” (Matt.24:3) are yet to come at the close of this present age. They are for that era. But this present era is not that future era. The present administration, as a foretaste of God’s glorious plans for the new creation, is not concerned with such matters. It is utterly anachronistic to herald wrath in a day of conciliation.
    The evangel for today is to be proclaimed on behalf of those who are chosen, that they also may be happening upon the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with glory eonian (2 Tim.2: 10). Most of those who are naming the name of the Lord have never heard a clear presentation of the evangel of God. Instead they have been subjected to a great deal of confusion, in the midst of which, and in spite of all the error, “Christ crucified” was still proclaimed (cf 1 Cor.1:23). And, in such cases, God has used this marvelous message—not the contiguous “profane prattlings” which were also present (2 Tim.2:16)—to bring many of His people into the beginning of their life of faith. Therefore, “seeing that, by every method, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is being announced, I am rejoicing in this also, and will be rejoicing nevertheless” (Phil.1:18).
    The evangel is not to be conceived as the presentation of an investment opportunity, a “good deal,” through which all who are smart enough to recognize a good thing when they see it and willing to pay the price to “get in” may do so. One does not “join” the ecclesia (out-called ones) of God, as if it were a fraternal organization or some popular “church”: “Yet now God [the Placer] placed the members, each one of them, in the body according as He wills” (1 Cor.12:18).
    The truth is, though we too were once terrible sinners, even as the rest, “when the kindness and fondness for humanity of our Saviour, God, made its advent,” it came to us “not for works which are wrought in righteousness which we do, but according to His mercy” (Titus 3:4,5a). God chose to be merciful to us, we did not put Him under obligation to be merciful. He decides to whom He will grant His mercy, and when He will do so. We did not qualify for it; therefore God was not obligated to give it.
    Salvation is not afforded man at his own convenience, whenever he would care to take it to himself. Furthermore, there is no injustice with God in acting purposefully, choosing some for certain blessings and positions which He does not grant to others. “For to Moses He is saying, ‘I shall be merciful to whomever I may be merciful, and I shall be pitying whomever I may be pitying’” (Rom.9:15). When God is merciful to us, it is only because He is also gracious to us (cp Exodus 33:19).
    Most seem to conceive of one’s obtaining of the holy spirit in a way similar to that of Simon, the magician. Like him, they “infer that the gratuity of God is [somehow] to be acquired” (Acts 8:20). Whether one seeks to acquire the holy spirit through money, or faith, the principle is the same. God’s gifts are not for sale. Peter’s testimony to those who would represent salvation in Christ as an acquisition for which men may qualify, is, “Your heart is not straight in front of God. Repent, then, from this evil of yours” (Acts 8:21,22).
    Let us rejoice in the realization that God is our Saviour!—“He saves us, through the bath of renascence and renewal of holy spirit, which He pours out on us richly through Jesus Christ, our Saviour” (Titus 3:5b,6). This is so, “that, being justified in that One’s grace, we may be becoming enjoyers, in expectation, of the allotment of life eonian” (Titus 3:7).

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Chosenone……….Amen Brother.

love and peace to you and yours……………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

So GB,
    It is evil to work in the name of Jesus.
    Your bible says we should do so in the name of God.

That figures.
    Another false teaching.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………It's all about knowing who is the real head of all things, and trust me brother its not Jesus, its the Father. Jesus has been given great authority under the Father, second to non. You can work in any name you want to and it can be a work of iniquity. and accusing me of a false teaching because i quote what Jesus said only shows you ignorance Nick.

peace……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    I am happy to be ignorant in your judgement because that judgement has been shown to be quite faulty.

You should believe in and listen to and obey the Son of God if you wish to please the Gardener.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………I believe in the Father and Jesus is doing what the Father is telling Him to do. So i believe in Jesus also , I have both the Father and the SON, DO YOU. Where has my judgement be shown to be quite faulty. Trash talk is simply Trash talk Nick. And some like you shouldn't be telling me or anyone what we aught to do. “Have you faith have it unto yourself”. Good advice try it NIck.

peace………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Yes it seems you have set your path and will listen to none.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Is Jesus Christ your Lord and Master?
    Can you do anything spiritually useful without him?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..Jesus is more then my Lord, he is my BROTHER. in the family of GOD. I understand why you would perceive Jesus as Lord and Master ONLY, You being driven with so much fear and trembling, that would be your natural perception. Please explain with or without him means to you Nick.

peace………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So being a brother is more to you than the Lordship of Jesus over you?
    Brothers do not have authority over each other do they.
    But Jesus is the HEAD

1 Corinthians 11:3
    But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Ephesians 1:22
    And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

Surely this should not apply to any of us?

Colossians 2:18
    18Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

Tiffany
    Participant

Why don't you two start a new thread, “Nick vs Gene”, and have it out on there?!

Georg

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..if you understood how a GODLY Family works you would not be so ignorant . Let me help you here, The first born was all ways give the first place in the family and when the Father was gone He acted in the FATHERS Place in the family. That was great authority in the family. But the relation ship as brothers and sisters was and is a far greater relationship. WE are called heirs and (JOINT) Heirs (WITH) Christ, He is the First born of (MANY) Brothers, He is responsible to the FATHER for US. It's all about love and CARE and FAMILY. ARE you still a servant and slave having never became a Friend and brother yet. You can see Jesus any way you want , i see him as my brother, the eldest member of our family which is the Family of GOD. Go read what Jesus told the disciples about that and you might get the balance Nick.

peace and love………………gene.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So the HEADSHIP of Jesus means nothing to you?
    That figures.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Jan. 05 2009,08:31)
    Why don't you two start a new thread, “Nick vs Gene”, and have it out on there?!

Georg

Georg……i agree , its getting more and more stupid. By the day. I think a might just star completely ignoring Him is i can. pray about Georg.

love to you and Irene………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 1,421 through 1,440 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account