Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 1,341 through 1,360 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    Tiffany
    Participant

chosenone

The command to preach the gospel to the Israelites only, was until the 70 weeks were up.
    Remember Acts 10, all of it, but here is one verse concerning Cornelius.

Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Georg

meerkat
    Participant

Georg

Is this what you are saying ………. I believe that Jesus was warning the Jews of impending doom and the destruction of 70AD ….. also the apostles were preaching that impending doom as well

If you look at these verses it is the same language that Jesus was using when he was warning the pharisees of the destruction that was going to come on that generation (30ad-70ad on generation) Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Act 2:37 Now when they heard [this], they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men [and] brethren, what shall we do?

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

I believe that Jesus and the apostles had 2 messages – one good news to be spread of Jesus resurrection and salvation for all and to make disciples, those that were called to obey the calling ………… and the message of impending destruction for the Jews.

I think this is one of those cases of the instruction to be baptised and saved from that untoward generation is taken out of context and made into a everyone has to be baptised to be saved from eternal torment when they die.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    So the jailor was not said to be a jew.
    He was given the same message.

There is only one gospel of the kingdom and nothing has changed.

Acts 16
    28But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.

29Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,

30And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

32And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

33And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

34And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

God does not change.

James 1:17
    Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 24 2008,20:29)

Quote (chosenone @ Dec. 25 2008,15:13)
    Hi 942767.
      You say “God is not willing that any man should perish, therefore, we have the commission to preach the gospel to them so that they can have the privlege and honor of becoming sons of the most High God through His wonderful free gift of the forgiveness of our sins through His provision in Our Lord, Jesus”.

I assume you take Matt.28:19-20, the “great commission” is to “Christians”.  Remember the teachings of Jesus was to Israel only, see Matt.15:24 & Ro.15:8.  Notice that His (Jesus) disciples never did go to the 'nations', this commandment was not fulfilled because 'Israel' never accepted thier “Messiah”.  This commission will be fulfilled when He (God) makes the “new covenant” with Israel, as explained in Heb.8:10-12   …10 “For this is the covenant which I shall be covenanting with the house of Israel after those days,” the Lord is saying: “Imparting My laws to their comprehension, On their hearts, also, shall I be inscribing them, And I shall be to them for a God, And they shall be to Me for a people.
    11 And by no means should each be teaching his fellow citizen, And each his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord!' For all shall be acquainted with Me, From their little to their great,
    12 For I shall be propitious to their injustices, And of their sins and their lawlessnesses should I under no circumstances still be reminded.”

This is an error that most christians believe, that it is for them, but it is not, it is for Israel, still in the future.

Blessings.

Hi CO:

Have you possibly considered that it is you who is in error?

The commission of Matthew 28:19 was given to the Apostles whom Jesus had called and ordained, and he said to them:

Mat 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.

Mat 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

He told them to go and “TEACH ALL NATIONS” whatsoever he had commanded them.

Here it is also from the Acts of the Apostles:

Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with [them], commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, [saith he], ye have heard of me.

Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Sorry CO, if you haven't repented, you have not received the Holy Ghost, and therefore, you cannot teach me any thing because frankly you are not saved.  There is no way that you can be saved if you have not repented of your sins.

My desire is the very best that God has to offer for you, and I am praying that you will acknowledge the truth and come to God with a repentant heart who stands ready to forgive all of us through the provision that He has given in His Son and His Christ.

2Ti 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all [men], apt to teach, patient,

2Ti 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

2Ti 2:26 And [that] they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

But don't you see that with your view, God is a failure, His plan to bring all into repentence is weak and noneffective, if He is depending on Christian preachers to bring people into salvation? Especially when you know that most of the Christian preachers of today and in the past are teachers of the antichrist with their Trinitarian doctrine.  

The second resurrection is for judgment, people learning the error of their ways according to the ways of man but it is also for people to learn about Christ for the first time.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    You say
    “The second resurrection is for judgment, people learning the error of their ways according to the ways of man but it is also for people to learn about Christ for the first time. “

So if you do not believe scripture where do you find these strange new teachings?
    We have a teacher and he did not say these things.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..So Jesus didn't say if they raise Him up he will draw (ALL) men unto him then. and it doesn't say Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, or it does say it but it doesn't mean it. or it doesn't as God will have (all men saved) and the 20 or 39 other Scriptures quoted here time and time again. What bible do you have it sure isn't the one we are using. Maybe your need a new one Nick or a better pair of glasses.

And you have the nerve to tell us we are not in line with scriptures. Amazing

peace……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    The draw of men to repentance and rebirth has not proven to be effective.
    Men have used their free will to resist.

God knew it would happen.

Judgement is according to their response.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    God does not force anyone to accept the gospel.
    And if they hear it and listen He does not force them to obey His Spirit.
    Choices to seek grace and take up our cross and walk following Jesus are given to His sons every day.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..they can't even listen to it unless God causes the to. No man can come unto me unless the FATHER DRAW HIM> You did (NOT) chose GOD or JESUS , GOD chose you, your so-called FREE WILL CHOICE had (NOTHING) to do with it. Why can't you see that Nick?

love and peace to you and yours………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    God gives grace to the humble.

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 26 2008,06:36)
    Nick…..they can't even listen to it unless God causes the to. No man can come unto me unless the FATHER DRAW HIM> You did (NOT) chose GOD or JESUS , GOD chose you, your so-called FREE WILL CHOICE had (NOTHING) to do with it. Why can't you see that Nick?

love and peace to you and yours………….gene

Hi Gene:

Maybe these scriptures will help you to see:

Jhn 6:64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
    Jhn 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767………….that exactly proves my point brother.

love to you and yours…………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Being drawn by God does not save a man.
    Being offered access to grace does not save a man.
    Heaven sent opportunities are ignored every day of the week.

No magic.

Hebrews 6:7
    For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

Tiffany
    Participant

Nick
    There is no invitation to the millennium kingdom; in fact it's a done deal; you die, you will be resurrected; you can't even prevent it. Jesus died for all of us so we would have that chance.

Without the sacrifice of Jesus, what good works do you have that would qualify you for eternal life?
    So, how do you expect all those who never heard the name Jesus to qualify, by what works?
    Our body of flesh has no good works.
    The fact that God is not willing that any should perish, he has made provision for all to hear who, and what can save them, and how. And when? during the millennium, when Christ will teach/judge the world.

chosenone

Jesus commissioned the apostles to preach the gospel and make disciples, why? because the apostles would not live forever. The gospel was the invitation to follow Christ into the spiritual kingdom no matter what the cost, those who did are they in the first resurrection; and they were from all over the world, from all generations, and from all Centuries.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    There are two resurrections separated by the 1000 yr kingdom of Jesus on earth.
    Sons of the resurrection[first] indeed come by faith from every generation.

Acts 2
    38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

The two resurrections are even shown in Jn5
    FAITH
    24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

26For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

ALL 1000 yrs later.
    28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………check it out , the word used for damnation , should be Judgment. Those who are now called and choesen (the ELECT) have passed from (JUDGMENT) unto LIFE. Not from Damnation to life. Check it out.

You say being drawn by GOD does not save a man, So again your putting Mans salvation in the Hands of man, (NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH THEN THAT), It only shows you really don't understand GOD or His saving (POWER) do you. You really don't believe we are saved BY GRACE (God's influencing on the heart) , you think you save yourself by your so-called “FREE CHOICES”. You to me are completely ignorant of the salvation process. Your weak GOD seems to not have the power to do anything that you, yourself can't do. Interesting Nick. Have you really died to yourself Nick, it appears not. This explains a lot about you fear reasoning, you need fear because you lack FAITH in the (POWER) and WILL and GRACE of GOD the FATHER. God in your mind is weak and can't (REALLY) accomplish anything without your approval and assistance. PURE HOG WASH NICK>

love and peace to you and yours………………..gene

Tiffany
    Participant

Meerkat

Jesus gave a prophecy/warning of the destruction of their nation/house in

Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Acts 2 happened on the day of pentecost. Peter was in fact accusing the pharisees of killing their Lord and savior, Acts 2;36.
    But Peter spoke out because he was emboldened by the Holy Spirit he had just received, Acts 2:4.
    All the Israelites new of the promise God had made to Abraham, and they were scared what would happen to them now, Acts 2:37.
    Peter assured them, God never brakes a promise no matter what, Acts 2:39.
    To show that they were repentant of what they had done, they should get baptized, it is an outward sign that you are serious of following Christ, with the help of the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:38.
    But this message was not for the Israelites only, notice

Act 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

Now you could argue and say, these devout men were devout Jews, however, do to the fact that Jerusalem was an occupied city, I believe there were people from all over the world there that heard Peter speak.

Georg

Tiffany
    Participant

All right, Nick

As I have ask you before; how do those resurrected get their name into the book of life?

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Luke 10:20
    Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

There are many books.
    “books were opened”

Mal3
    16Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

Life is of God and God grants life to whom he will.
    The way of Jesus is the way given to men.
    But nothing takes away the sovereignty of God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………”FREE CHOICES” or “FREE WILLS”, DO. take away the SOVEREIGNTY OF GOD.

love and peace…………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 1,341 through 1,360 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account