Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 1,321 through 1,340 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    Tiffany
    Participant

What makes you think we are chosen, and for what?

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi georg,

Who?
    Matthew 20:16
    So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

John 15:19
    If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Acts 9:15
    But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

James 2:5
    Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

US
    1Peter2
    9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

10Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Why?

Ephesians 1:4
    According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

2 Thessalonians 2:13
    But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

2 Timothy 2:4
    No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Tiffany
    Participant

Gene said it many times, and even Meerkat said it; you can defend any position with scripture; only you do it faster then any one else.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi georg,
    Is there anything in those scriptures you argue with?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    If all were to be saved why would the choice of God among men be a feature of scripture?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..why would it not be a feature of scripture , Jesus came to die for the sins of the whole world, let me give you scripture also for that, i just quote it off the top of my head but it's in John if you care to read it, John 3:16, god so (LOVED) (THE WORLD) that he sent His uniquely begotten SON that (WHOSOEVER) believes in Him, should not parish but have life everlasting. again ,Christ died for our sins and (NOT) ours only but for the sins of the (WHOLE WORLD). So are you saying Jesus sacrifice is not sufficient for the whole world then. and again GOD who is the savior of (ALL MEN)> and again God is not (WILLING) that any PARISH , but all come unto repentance. For it is GOD who (WORKS) in you both to will and do of His good pleasure., again for God has concluded Nick and ALL under SIN that He might Have (MERCY) on ALL. There are many more,

Nick you don't set any standard for GOD or Jesus our LORD. Its GOd who saves and He who justifies, not some insignificant person named Nick or gene or Georg, or Irene, or T8, or chosenone, or meerkat, or Mandy, or 942767, or EP, or WJ, or Tim, or Jodi, or James , or Peter, or Paul, or John, or Moses, or any of the Prophets or even JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF. BUT GOD the FATHER (ALONE).

Have you FAITH have it unto (YOURSELF) The Father is perfectly able to take care of all of Us. My advice to all is not let Nick intimidate any of you, He certainly tries to intimidate me but my advice is to consider the source and let it go. God looks on the heart not the outward appearance, and He knows my Heart toward Him as well as yours or anyone else's. Nick no one has made you a lord over GOD'S Heritage remember that. WE all have a lord and master who we strive to listen to and obey, It think you should also.

This is not said in hate but in love and care Nick…………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Gb,
    Did I not read somewhere

“That whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life…”?

Many have died withour believing.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Gene.
    You have it right, don't dispare at the personal attacks of one. Keep scripture in mind that says as in 1Tim.4:9-11 …9 Faithful is the saying and worthy of all welcome
    10 (for for this are we toiling and being reproached), that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind,
    11 especially of believers. These things be charging and teaching.

Especially what it says in verse 11, “These things be charging and teaching”, which you do well.

God Bless, Jerry.

Participant

Hi:

Sounds like some will be left behind to me. What do you think? Will these be saved?

Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe [were], so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Mat 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Mat 24:41 Two [women shall be] grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 24 2008,13:06)
    Hi Jodi,
    God does not want any of US who are chosen to perish.

Hi NIck,

Ro 11:32
    For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Job 42:2 “I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

You have yet to answer the question, actually you have yet to answer many questions, but anyway, you have yet to answer the question as to why would God raise people from the dead just to punish and kill them?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Paul brings no more good news.

You need to read it with the teachings of his Master.
    Ignoring context can lead to false conclusions.

Tiffany
    Participant

Nick

I think I did ask you once, how are those saved that never heard the name Jesus; how can they believe in him? and yet Jesus did die for them too; or did he not?
    You just repeated the verse of John 3:15, are there any excluded from knowing the name?

Georg

Tiffany
    Participant

Nick

You are the one that is ignoring scripture, answer Jodi, and then answer me.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Who said God is not sovereign?
    The invitation of Jesus was to enter the millenial kingdom.

More sheep are found among the rest among the nations at the judgement after that.

But some are goats.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Dec. 25 2008,11:10)
    Gene said it many times, and even Meerkat said it; you can defend any position with scripture; only you do it faster then any one else.

Georg

tooooo trueeee :laugh:

NickHassan
    Participant

So long as we all continue learning.

Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Dec. 25 2008,13:26)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 24 2008,13:06)
    Hi Jodi,
    God does not want any of US who are chosen to perish.

Hi NIck,

For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Job 42:2 “I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

You have yet to answer the question, actually you have yet to answer many questions, but anyway, you have yet to answer the question as to why would God raise people from the dead just to punish and kill them?

Hi Jodi:

You quote the folloiwing verse:

All have sinned and so God to anyone who comes to Him with a repentant heart through the provision He has made for the forgiveness of their sins, He will indeed have mercy.

But raising them from the dead is not a matter of raising them to kill them, but to hold them accountable for the life they lived in this body of flesh.

Jhn 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
    Jhn 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
    Mat 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
    Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
    Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
    Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me.
    Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

God is not willing that any man should perish, therefore, we have the commission to preach the gospel to them so that they can have the privlege and honor of becoming sons of the most High God through His wonderful free gift of the forgiveness of our sins through His provision in Our Lord, Jesus.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi 942767.
    You say “God is not willing that any man should perish, therefore, we have the commission to preach the gospel to them so that they can have the privlege and honor of becoming sons of the most High God through His wonderful free gift of the forgiveness of our sins through His provision in Our Lord, Jesus”.

I assume you take Matt.28:19-20, the “great commission” is to “Christians”. Remember the teachings of Jesus was to Israel only, see Matt.15:24 & Ro.15:8. Notice that His (Jesus) disciples never did go to the 'nations', this commandment was not fulfilled because 'Israel' never accepted thier “Messiah”. This commission will be fulfilled when He (God) makes the “new covenant” with Israel, as explained in Heb.8:10-12 …10 “For this is the covenant which I shall be covenanting with the house of Israel after those days,” the Lord is saying: “Imparting My laws to their comprehension, On their hearts, also, shall I be inscribing them, And I shall be to them for a God, And they shall be to Me for a people.
    11 And by no means should each be teaching his fellow citizen, And each his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord!' For all shall be acquainted with Me, From their little to their great,
    12 For I shall be propitious to their injustices, And of their sins and their lawlessnesses should I under no circumstances still be reminded.”

This is an error that most christians believe, that it is for them, but it is not, it is for Israel, still in the future.

Blessings.

Tiffany
    Participant

Nick

Did Jesus come to save sheep and goats?

Georg

Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Dec. 25 2008,15:13)
    Hi 942767.
      You say “God is not willing that any man should perish, therefore, we have the commission to preach the gospel to them so that they can have the privlege and honor of becoming sons of the most High God through His wonderful free gift of the forgiveness of our sins through His provision in Our Lord, Jesus”.

I assume you take Matt.28:19-20, the “great commission” is to “Christians”.  Remember the teachings of Jesus was to Israel only, see Matt.15:24 & Ro.15:8.  Notice that His (Jesus) disciples never did go to the 'nations', this commandment was not fulfilled because 'Israel' never accepted thier “Messiah”.  This commission will be fulfilled when He (God) makes the “new covenant” with Israel, as explained in Heb.8:10-12   …10 “For this is the covenant which I shall be covenanting with the house of Israel after those days,” the Lord is saying: “Imparting My laws to their comprehension, On their hearts, also, shall I be inscribing them, And I shall be to them for a God, And they shall be to Me for a people.
    11 And by no means should each be teaching his fellow citizen, And each his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord!' For all shall be acquainted with Me, From their little to their great,
    12 For I shall be propitious to their injustices, And of their sins and their lawlessnesses should I under no circumstances still be reminded.”

This is an error that most christians believe, that it is for them, but it is not, it is for Israel, still in the future.

Blessings.

Hi CO:

Have you possibly considered that it is you who is in error?

The commission of Matthew 28:19 was given to the Apostles whom Jesus had called and ordained, and he said to them:

Mat 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.

Mat 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

He told them to go and “TEACH ALL NATIONS” whatsoever he had commanded them.

Here it is also from the Acts of the Apostles:

Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with [them], commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, [saith he], ye have heard of me.

Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Sorry CO, if you haven't repented, you have not received the Holy Ghost, and therefore, you cannot teach me any thing because frankly you are not saved. There is no way that you can be saved if you have not repented of your sins.

My desire is the very best that God has to offer for you, and I am praying that you will acknowledge the truth and come to God with a repentant heart who stands ready to forgive all of us through the provision that He has given in His Son and His Christ.

2Ti 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all [men], apt to teach, patient,

2Ti 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

2Ti 2:26 And [that] they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,321 through 1,340 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account