Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

So Jodi,
    We should make assumptions and are at fault if we do not teach God will do what He can do?
    I think it is better to repeat what He has said He will do.
    Servants stay within their brief.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….> you need to go back and reread Jodi's last post specially, Rom 11:32……> “for God has shut them (ALL) up to disobedience, that He might have mercy on (ALL)” . Tell us do you Just tare those scriptures out of you bible and go on as if they don't exist and makes statements like there all assumptions?. You (ARE) !, at fault teaching that God will not do what he said He would, this you need to repent of Brother.

love and peace to you and yours Nick………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    oops i meant to quote you but deleted by mistake.

God is not willing that any should perish.
    Indeed He is a God of love and wants all to be saved.
    But there are requirements.

all must repent[acts 17]

2And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?

Lk13
    3I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

4Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?

5I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Listen to the Son and do not add to scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    God indeed showed His mercy to all in sending His son.

Jn3
    16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Listen to him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..Ignoring scriptures isn't the answer either, Explain to us How you repent them, is it of the Self (by the Operation of FREE WILL). Or can someone even repent with out GOD CAUSING IT TO HAPPEN? Explain this to Us . It;s good to quote scripture but better to understand them. imo

peace……………gene

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Dec. 08 2008,03:38)

Jodi,Dec. wrote:

God is going to destroy ALL sin in the world. According to the scriptures He is not going to accomplish this by killing off sinful people, but through His Great intelligence and His Longsuffering towards us, He is going to destroy the sin that is IN us.

Amen!!!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 08 2008,04:35)
    Nick……..Ignoring scriptures isn't the answer either, Explain to us How you repent them, is it of the Self (by the Operation of FREE WILL). Or can someone even repent with out GOD CAUSING IT TO HAPPEN? Explain this to Us . It;s good to quote scripture but better to understand them. imo

peace……………gene

GB,
    Has God not made it plain to you?
    He can.
    Cooperation with grace is essential.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    Is God going to do that and spare all men?
    Is it written or a fond hope?

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 07 2008,09:29)
    Hi Jodi,

all must repent[acts 17]

2And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?

Lk13

4Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?

I am not adding to scripture.

Yes I see that you accidentally deleted my last post,

Where I said you were impossible :O

YHWH says He is not willing that ANY should perish, doesn't that tell you that He is not going to give up on ANY man until ALL have come into repentance?

Either you believe YHWH when He says HE is not willing that ANY should perish, or you don't.

Apparently you don't have faith nor confidence in our Almighty Father, you hold MEN ABOVE His Holiness.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick …..again you just ignore posted scripture and go on committing as if they don't even exist and by the way Romans was written after Jesus made that statement. True repentance itself is a work of GOD (Not a Self ACT) of Man, “for we are sorrowed unto righteousness” and again (GODLY) Sorrow (WORKS) REPENTANCE (NOT) to be REPENTED OF> this plainly shows repentance is given of GOD. You infuses on Repentance by HUMAN WILL OR CHOICE is (NOT) Scriptural. GOD GIVES REPENTANCE, and those He HARDENS will NOT REPENT no matter how hard they try or How much fear you pump into them , EX 19:20….> even the fear of God could not make them repent. True Repentance can only be accomplished in a person BY GOD the FATHER ALONE> The person has nothing to do with it , it is a work of GOD, that saves us, not a work of fear as you teach. Why do you continue to push God out of the Salvation process, Jesus sure didn't do that.

Listen closer to (ALL) the words of Jesus and you could understand this.

peace………..gene

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 07 2008,09:43)

Quote (Jodi @ Dec. 08 2008,03:38)

Jodi,Dec. wrote:

God is going to destroy ALL sin in the world. According to the scriptures He is not going to accomplish this by killing off sinful people, but through His Great intelligence and His Longsuffering towards us, He is going to destroy the sin that is IN us.

Amen!!!

Thanks meerkat, and by the way Warm Welcome to you! :) Looking forward to your posts.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    So you assume God will do what he has said He wants to do?
    He invites all men to the wedding feast .

You should read what does happen because many men refuse His offer and remain under His wrath.
    The goats are for the lake of fire.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Have all men repented and we missed it?
    We work out our salvation, even after we are saved, in fear and trembling.

But not all are saved though God showed His loving mercy by sending His beloved Son.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 07 2008,09:54)
    Hi Jodi,
    So you assume God will do what he has said He wants to do?
    He invites all men to the wedding feast .

You should read what does happen because many men refuse His offer and remain under His wrath.
    The goats are for the lake of fire.

What exactly is the Lake of fire, also called the second death?

The last chapter in Revelation tells us that the wicked will be outside the city gates, not that they are deceased.

In Zechariah we are told that God brings people through FIRE in order to refine them, in order to get them to call on His name and make them into His people.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 07 2008,10:00)
    GB,

But not all are saved though God showed His loving mercy by sending His beloved Son.

Those that follow God through fear and trembling are not following according to the Spirit, but rather through their flesh and the sake of their flesh. God might draw people to Him through such means as using their fears, but when God's Spirit begins to do its work, fear in the Lord is removed and replaced with love and understanding.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………And you (ASSUME) GOD will not do what He wants to DO. You makes it appear it's wrong to (ASSUME) GOD WILL do what He wants to do.” for God works (ALL THINGS) after the council of (HIS WILL) and if He is NOT WILLING (ANY PARISH) BUT all come to repentance”, Who are you to go against the WILL OF GOD.

Nick…..to you salvation is an (OFFER) it is not a (WORK) of GOD But of Man By His so-called “free will” right, pure foolishness. In fact if anyone is rejecting the wedding feast it those who think they by their so-call “free wills” save them selves.

peace……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    You should not confuse the refining fire of testing of God's people with the lake of fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Indeed no sin is allowed within the city gates of spiritual Jerusalem.

Gehenna is the rubbish tip forever smoudering outside those city gates.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 08 2008,04:29)
    Hi Jodi,

all must repent[acts 17]

Lk13

Nick,

You are correct that if people don't believe they will perish, however God sent Jesus to save those that had perished and are lost – God has not started something that he is not going to finish.

Theology seems to be where scripture is taken out of context and pasted with other scripture to negate the message of the passage where the cut piece was.

If you read 1 Cor  15:21-28 all through and don't cut and paste,  it shows that there is a progression of salvation and that salvation does not stop at those that are Christ's at his coming  – then comes the end when he subdues all as he is subject to his Father  – the same word is used in both places.

In strongs the meaning of the word is

G5293
    ὑποτάσσω
    hupotassō
    hoop-ot-as'-so
    From G5259 and G5021; to subordinate; reflexively to obey: – be under obedience (obedient), put under, subdue unto, (be, make) subject (to, unto), be (put) in subjection (to, under), submit self unto.

You are correct there are requirements that will be met by all they will need to repent and be obedient – and they will

The subjection is a willing obedience that all will have, not a forced knee bending that some/most theologians say will happen.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    All will not be walking the earth at the return of Christ.

Jesus came to save the lost and those dead in their sin-he offers God's forgiveness and freedom
    Bending the knee is accepting temporal authority -Jesus will rule from the seat of David.

It has nothing to do with salvation. 1Cor 15 is about the rule of Christ with the sons of the resurrection over the remaining nations for the 1000 year day of rest. Then will the rest be raised unto judgment.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Dec. 08 2008,05:10)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 07 2008,10:00)
    GB,

Those that follow God through fear and trembling are not following according to the Spirit, but rather through their flesh and the sake of their flesh. God might draw people to Him through such means as using their fears, but when God's Spirit begins to do its work, fear in the Lord is removed and replaced with love and understanding.

Hi Jodi,
    Was Paul among the carnal ones?
    Philippians 2:12
    Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account