Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Are you among those the latter to the Ephesians was written?

Eph 1.1
    Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

ALL are not saints.
    ALL are not in Christ Jesus.

But God IS calling on ALL MEN EVERYWHERE TO REPENT[Acts17]

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Notice in Acts 17:30 “…condoning the times of IGNORANCE, Paul then does away with their idols, leaving nothing of their religion but the unknown God, Who knows their ignorance and bears with it, but now charges them to change their minds in view of future judgment, which is assured by the resurrection of Christ from the dead. Paul wisely begins the evangel to them by announcing the resurrection, for it alone could dispel the error of their philosophies and bring them to a realization of the necessity for a Saviour.
    Then in Acts 18:6 From now on I (Paul) shall go to the nations.

This should clearify for you the meaning of this scripture.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Then he wrote his letters to the remnant who listened and obeyed.

chosenone
    Participant

I'm not sure I understand, scripture please, then I will reply.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Not all enter in.
    Jn10
    John 10:9
    I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    We must listen and act.
    Acts 2
    40And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

chosenone
    Participant

Explanation of Acts 2:40 (39-40). 39 The promise was to Israel both in the land and in the dispersion (Dan.9:7). Those “afar” were Jews in the lands where God had driven them, and not Gentiles or the church.

40 The salvation was from the judgments about to visit that crooked generation.

Blessings.

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Chosenone
    John 10:16 “And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.” Acts 4:39-40 is for everyone.
    ???

chosenone
    Participant

Hi gsilva72, thanks for your reply. Re Jn 10:16, I believe this refers to the dispersed Jews who were abroad, The dispersion, outside the land, was reached by Peter (1 Pet.1:1 ) , in his two epistles. The four gospels are still about Jesus desipleing the Jews, still under the 'old covenant', and under the “law”. Math.15:24, “I (Jesus) was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel”. We gentiles were not included until revealed by Paul in his epistles.Eph3:1-13.

Blessings

NickHassan
    Participant

HiGS,
    CO applies certain scriptures only to certain groups
    but for the sake of his doctrine applies the letters of the apostles to everyone.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

to all…….this should summit up Paul said , ” for (every) mans work will be tried by fire, and if he have built with gold, silver, precious stones, he sahll recieve a reward, but it he has build with straw, hay, or stubble, it shall be burned up, (BUT) HE HIMSELF SHALL BE SAVED, (YET) as by FIRE.

That should settle the idea of universal salvation. Unless you just don't believe what it says. There are many other scriptures that show this al so. the Lake of fire is this intense Judgment that will save those who come up in the second resurrection. It says OUR GOD IS A (CONSUMING FIRE), fire is symbolic of intense judgment that will save those who come up in the second resurrection.

peace to all……gene

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 07 2008,09:47)
    to all…….this should summit up Paul said , ” for (every) mans work will be tried by fire, and if he have built with gold, silver, precious stones, he sahll recieve a reward, but it he has build with straw, hay, or stubble, it shall be burned up, (BUT) HE HIMSELF SHALL BE SAVED, (YET) as by FIRE.

That should settle the idea of universal salvation. Unless you just don't believe what it says. There are many other scriptures that show this al so. the Lake of fire is this intense Judgment that will save those who come up in the second resurrection. It  says OUR GOD IS A (CONSUMING FIRE), fire is symbolic of intense judgment that will save those who come up in the second resurrection.

peace to all……gene

Hi Gene:

Isn't Paul talking about the works of those who are members of the body of Christ?

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Chosenone

Luke 24:47 says “And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.”

This was preached in Acts 2:38-39. It is for everyone.
    :)

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Shania @ Mar. 20 2008,09:52)
    Hey Cato!

Here is the thing about the prodigal son- he returned. He made the decision to go back- he didn't care how humbling it would be, he didn't care if he had to be a servant- just as long as he could go back to his Father's house. He recognized the filth that he was in and he turned back- repented.

Luke 15:13-24

13 “Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. 14 After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. 15 So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. 16 He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything.

[This is the kind of food that you get from the world… and he couldn't even get that. He was empty.]

17 “When he came to his senses, he said, 'How many of my father's hired men have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired men.' 20 So he got up and went to his father.

“But while he was still a long way off , his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

21 “The son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.' [repentance]

22 “But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. 24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.
    NIV

“Dead and alive again”- the father knew that the son was not physically dead… When you are in sin, you are dead. There is no life in you and you are condemned- you are as good as dead. But now he is alive- resurrection from the dead. The old man is gone- the new man is put on. Salvation.

Here are just a few verses about death and resurrection:

Rom 6:23
    23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    NIV

John 5:21
    21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.
    NIV

John 5:24-26
    25 I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.
    NIV

Rom 8:12-14
    13 For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live,
    NIV

Eph 2:3-5
    4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions — it is by grace you have been saved.
    NIV

Eph 5:14

“Wake up, O sleeper,
    rise from the dead ,
    and Christ will shine on you.”
    NIV

Phil 3:10-11
    10 I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead .
    NIV

Col 1:18
    18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead , so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
    NIV

Col 2:13-14

13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,
    NIV

You see, if you want to find meaning to parables, you have to look at the teachings found in scripture. The parables illustrate the teachings. You cannot apply meaning to parables that are not based on these teachings.

Repentance is required for the resurrection- check out the repentance thread for this one, as I am trying not to make my post 2 miles long :)

This is not just for Cato, but for everyone.

Mal 3:7
    7 Ever since the time of your forefathers you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me , and I will return to you,” says the LORD Almighty.
    NIV

Neh 1:9
    9 but if you return to me and obey my commands, then even if your exiled people are at the farthest horizon, I will gather them from there and bring them to the place I have chosen as a dwelling for my Name.'
    NIV

Hi Shania,

You said, “Repentance is required for the resurrection”

I need to do a quick search, but I believe scripture says that Yeshua died so ALL could be resurrected and come to the knowledge of the truth.

Repentance is required FOR eternal life, but NOT for the resurrection. If repentance was required for the resurrection YHWH would be an idiot, and a failure, not to mention a liar.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Shania,
    All will be resurrected
    in two resurrections.

Better to already have passed from death to life and to be found in the first[heb4, Jn5. Rom6]

Not3in1
    Participant

Jodi and Nick,

Do you think those who have failed to receive the Son during their lifetime will be raised to eternal damnation? Or do you think they will get a chance to believe…… I've heard both sides and honestly can see both sides in scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    No.
    It is all written in Jn 25, the second, the sheep and the goat resurrection.

God's mercy is still paramount.
    Mercy triumphs over judgement for some.
    Those who give you a cup of water because you belong to me will not lose their reward.

Not3in1
    Participant

My church growing up always preached hell-fire and brimstone. Turn or burn.

I grew-up with tremendous guilt applied to anything that wasn't holy or of God. I just always figured I would burn in hell.

It's a fairly new concept for me to begin thinking that all will be saved. Even those who commit murder and so on? What about the commandments, don't they stand for anything? Isn't there consequences? And what about the verses that seem to say there is a lake of fire and fear the one who can kill both body and soul (yikes)!

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 07 2008,17:38)
    Hi not3,
    No.
    It is all written in Jn 25, the second, the sheep and the goat resurrection.

God's mercy is still paramount.
    Mercy triumphs over judgement for some.
    Those who give you a cup of water because you belong to me will not lose their reward.

Hi Nick,
    Where is Jn 25 in the Bible?

NickHassan
    Participant

Good question Gm,
    Sorry but I mean Mt25
    31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account