Understanding the Holy Spirit?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

The Jews were worshipping the Holy Spirit when they worshipped Elohiym or Jehovah.

yet, in all those pages, we are not told this. You believe it, but we are not told it in scripture.
    If you check the encyclopedia's, Jewish, or otherwise, you will similarly find that at no time did the Jews worship the holy spirit or consider it a person. Why do you think this is?

This is the Holy Spirit (Jehovah) actually speaking. Not this finger of God stuff propagated on this forum.

In the scriptures, the holy spirit is called God's finger. Sorry, but it is.

The Holy Spirits name is also Jehovah.

Compare
    Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD(JEHOVAH) I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD (JEHOVAH): for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH) : for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

With
    Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
    Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

This is what I'm talking about. I distinctly remember responding to these two scriptures. You made no responce to my responce.

I can respond again to what this scripture does and doesn't say:

Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
    Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, SAITH THE LORD, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

While some texts refer to the spirit as ‘witnessing,’ ‘speaking,’ or ‘saying’ things, other texts make clear that it spoke through persons, having no personal voice of its own. (Compare Heb 3:7; 10:15-17; Ps 95:7; Jer 31:33, 34; Ac 19:2-6; 21:4; 28:25.)
    Look at this text again. If you're trying to equate Jehovah with the holy spirit, you are mistaken. The holy spirit, most likely through someone is saying: This is what the LORD, Jehovah had said….
    This text doesn't say that this is what the holy spirit says (as in, what Jehovah said in Jeremiah.) The holy spirit is saying what Jehovah had said.
    And, if we compare the other scriptures that I noted above, we see that the Bible often SPEAKS ? of the holy spirit as speaking ? when other texts make plain that the holy spirit is speaking “through” someone. The holy spirit inspired them to say what they said.

dave

Cult Buster
    Participant

David these scriptures refer to the Holy Spirit as Jehovah not as the finger of God which you have your own interpretation on. There is no other way of honestly looking at it.

Look again.

Compare
    Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD(JEHOVAH) I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD (JEHOVAH): for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH)  : for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

With
    Heb 10:15  Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
    Heb 10:16  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    Heb 10:17  And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

This is not the only scripture.

The Holy Spirit is God

Acts 5:3   But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back [part] of the price of the land?  
     5:4   Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.  

Mathew  12:31   Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.  (Blasphemy can only be committed against God)

1 Corinthians  6:19   What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?  
     6:20   For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God (the Holy Ghost) in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.  

1 Corinthians 3:16   Know ye not that ye are the temple of God (the Holy Spirit) , and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?  

1 Corinthians 3:17   Now the Lord (God) is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty.  

9:14   How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit (only God hath immortality) offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?  

The holy spirit, most likely through someone is saying: This is what the LORD, Jehovah had said….

The Bible doesn't say that about these verses David. This is your own supposition.

chicano4571
    Participant

Holy Spirit is a Being Just like God.

chicano4571
    Participant

a spirit

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (chicano4571 @ Jan. 16 2007,03:09)
    Holy Spirit is a  Being Just like God.

Hi Chicano,
    So when God says he pours out His Spirit what does that mean??

charity
    Participant

Here is the promise

Isa 59:21 As for me, this [is] my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that [is] upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.

Eze 36:28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
    Eze 36:29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.
    Eze 36:30 And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.
    Eze 36:31 Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that [were] not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.
    Eze 36:32 Not for your sakes do I [this], saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.
    Eze 36:33 ¶ Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause [you] to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded.
    Eze 36:34 And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by.
    Eze 36:35 And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities [are become] fenced, [and] are inhabited.
    Eze 36:36 Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined [places, and] plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken [it], and I will do [it].
    Eze 36:37 ¶ Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet [for] this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do [it] for them; I will increase them with men like a flock.
    Eze 36:38 As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I [am] the LORD.

charity
    Participant

Sorry this verse was to head the last post but I do not have permission to edit

Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them].

The Holy spirit of was renewed
    From a spirit upon a man which now is never again
    And the renewed spirit is within as God promised to replace and renew when the old had preformed all his desire, and christ had returned to his side fufilled finished new sent forth

The old Holy spirit MAY BE Titled Jehovah God of promises?

God’s spirit that is able was able to perform his will on earth by his election

david
    Participant

David these scriptures refer to the Holy Spirit as Jehovah not as the finger of God which you have your own interpretation on. There is no other way of honestly looking at it.

Where do they do that? Please show me. I commented on the first two scriptures just yesterday. If you feel that the first two scriptures somehow show that God is the holy spirit, you'll have to explain why.

Secondly, notice the parallel accounts:

MATTHEW 12:28
    “But if it is by means of God’s spirit that I expel the demons, the kingdom of God has really overtaken YOU.”

LUKE 11:20
    “But if it is by means of God’s finger I expel the demons, the kingdom of God has really overtaken YOU.”

What do these indicate?

Cult Buster
    Participant

David. The Holy Spirit being referred to metaphorically as the finger of God does not prevent Him from being an eternal Divine being, God as The scripture shows He is. One metaphor can not be used to contradict a multitude of scripture, especially as many on this forum with Arian beliefs would like to put on Him a non personal spin.

I commented on the first two scriptures just yesterday.  If you feel that the first two scriptures somehow show that God is the holy spirit, you'll have to explain why.

These scripture are self explanatory showing the Holy Spirit as Jehovah (God).  I will add further scriptures as well to confirm this.

Here are the original quotes:

Compare
    Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD(JEHOVAH) I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD (JEHOVAH): for they shall all know me from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH) : for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

With
    Heb 10:15  Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

Heb 10:16  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

See also:

Compare

Psa 95:7  For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Psa 95:8  Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Psa 95:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
    Psa 95:10  Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
    Psa 95:11  Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

With

Heb 3:7  Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Heb 3:8  Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Heb 3:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
    Heb 3:10  Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
    Heb 3:11  So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

The only possible conclusion considering the grammar is that The Holy Spirit is Jehovah (God).

david
    Participant

Hi CB.
    Let's stick with just this one scripture for a moment, since you quote it so much.

Hebrews 3:15,16,17

New International Version

“The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:
    “This is the covenant I will make with them
    after that time, says the Lord.
    I will put my laws in their hearts,
    and I will write them on their minds.”
    Then he adds:….”

Hebrews 3:15,16
    New American Standard Bible

“And the Holy Spirit also testifies to us; for after saying,
    THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM
    AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD:
    I WILL PUT MY LAWS UPON THEIR HEART,
    AND ON THEIR MIND I WILL WRITE THEM,”
    He then says,

Let's just stick with this one verse for a while, because I still have no idea why you think this proves the holy spirit is God.

I have put two more modern more understandable versions on here, which I think may clear up some of the misunderstanding.

I'm still not really sure why you think this scripture proves that the holy spirit is God, but I think you are saying that in Jeremiah God says something and then in Hebrews the holy spirit says the same thing. But the holy spirit (*through someone no doubt) is not quoting himself. Notice, he's quoting “the Lord,” Jehovah God.

Please explain in actual words why you believe this scripture proves what it does.

(*While some texts refer to the spirit as ‘witnessing,’ ‘speaking,’ or ‘saying’ things, other texts make clear that it spoke through persons, having no personal voice of its own. (Compare Heb 3:7; 10:15-17; Ps 95:7; Jer 31:33, 34; Ac 19:2-6; 21:4; 28:25.)

david

New International Version

“The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:
    “This is the covenant I will make with them
        after that time, says the Lord.
    I will put my laws in their hearts,
        and I will write them on their minds.”
    Then he adds:….”

Hebrews 3:15,16
    New American Standard Bible

“And the Holy Spirit also testifies to us; for after saying,
    THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM
           AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD:
    I WILL PUT MY LAWS UPON THEIR HEART,
           AND ON THEIR MIND I WILL WRITE THEM,”
    He then says,”

David

It dosnt say the Holy Ghost is quoting God. Its says the Holy Ghost is speaking the words, he is the One saying it.

So if the Holy Ghost is saying it then the Holy Ghost is also God!

:O

david
    Participant

I realized that it should be 10:15, not Hebrews 3:15

David

It dosnt say the Holy Ghost is quoting God. Its says the Holy Ghost is speaking the words, he is the One saying it.

So if the Holy Ghost is saying it then the Holy Ghost is also God!

Um, he's quoting from the Hebrew scriptures. He's quoting something “the Lord” said, in Jeremaih. That's actually stated in the scripture itself. Please look again.

And yes, often it doesn't directly say that he's speaking through other people, but at other times this is made very clear, very obvious.
    (Compare Heb 3:7; 10:15-17; Ps 95:7; Jer 31:33, 34; Ac 19:2-6; 21:4; 28:25.)

charity
    Participant

david good for you
    watch the for the word being translated and released with the new trinity beleif
    Men have understood in their own eys'e and by simple word changes they change the whole meaning into a lie

King James is Good to see this happen
    even 30,000 changes in only the new testment alone from KJV TO NVKJV INLIGHTNING as they move into the Days of total darkness

Um, he's quoting from the Hebrew scriptures.  He's quoting something “the Lord” said, in Jeremaih.  That's actually stated in the scripture itself.  Please look again.

And yes, often it doesn't directly say that he's speaking through other people, but at other times this is made very clear, very obvious.
    (Compare Heb 3:7; 10:15-17; Ps 95:7; Jer 31:33, 34; Ac 19:2-6; 21:4; 28:25.)

David

The writer of Hebrews is saying that the Holy Ghost is the one who spoke the words in Jer 31:33.

You and Charity are not being true here!

Read it again. The Holy Ghost spoke Jer 31:33. :O

Acts 28:
    25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
    26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
    Isa 6:9 Matt 13:14 John 12:40

Who Spoke to Isaiah?

???

charity
    Participant

WorshippingJesus

I am not against you This is my segestion

I am sure if any of you go through these scriptures that are your bases foundations
    And test them against early translations, you shall find some pretty swift work
    Don’t be surprised The Ant Christ has his versions of the word, we are the victoms of man slaughter
    And maybe you can find if the spirit is in two people they shall come out better off in agreeing
    Narrowing the problem down to the pushy translators of earthly minds

As I said I think Good towards you

WorshippingJesus

I am sure if any of you go through these scriptures that are your bases foundations
    Don’t be surprised The Ant Christ has his versions of the word, we are the victoms of man slaughter
    And maybe you can find if the spirit is in two people they shall come out better off in agreeing

Charity

NKJV Heb 10:15-17
    But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,
    16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,”* 17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”*

NLT
    And the Holy Spirit also testifies that this is so. First he says,
    16 “This is the new covenant I will make with my people on that day, says the Lord:I will put my laws in their hearts so they will understand them,
    and I will write them on their minds so they will obey them.”  
    17 Then he adds, “I will never again remember their sins and lawless deeds.”*

NIV
    15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:
    16 “This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord.
    I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.”*
    17 Then he adds: “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.”*

ESV
    15 And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying,
    16“This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts,
    and write them on their minds,”
    17 then he adds, “I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.”

NASB
    And the Holy Spirit also testifies to us; for after saying,  
    Hbr 10:16   “THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS UPON THEIR HEART, AND ON THEIR MIND I WILL WRITE THEM,” {He then says,}  
    Hbr 10:17   “AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE.”  

RSV
    And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying,  
    Hbr 10:16   “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds,”  
    Hbr 10:17   then he adds, “I will remember their sins and their misdeeds no more.”  

ASV
    15 And the Holy Spirit also beareth witness to us; for after he hath said,  
    16 This is the covenant that I will make with them After those days, saith the Lord: I will put my laws on their heart, And upon their mind also will I write them; [then saith he,]  
    17 And their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

YLT
    15 and testify to us also doth the Holy Spirit, for after that He hath said before,  
    16`This [is] the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, giving My laws on their hearts, and upon their minds I will write them,'  
    17 and `their sins and their lawlessness I will remember no more;'  

Charity

Is there some other translation that I am not aware of.

All the major translations agree that the Holy Spirit Spoke the word in Jer. 31:33.  ???

chicano4571
    Participant

hey you did you know GOD HAS SEVEN SPIRITS…………………..:blues:

charity
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 17 2007,01:07)

WorshippingJesus

Charity

NKJV Heb 10:15-17
    But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,
    16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,”* 17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”*

NLT
    And the Holy Spirit also testifies that this is so. First he says,
    16 “This is the new covenant I will make with my people on that day, says the Lord:I will put my laws in their hearts so they will understand them,
    and I will write them on their minds so they will obey them.”  
    17 Then he adds, “I will never again remember their sins and lawless deeds.”*

NIV
    15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:
    16 “This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord.
    I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.”*
    17 Then he adds: “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.”*

ESV
    15 And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying,
    16“This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts,
    and write them on their minds,”
    17 then he adds, “I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.”

NASB
    And the Holy Spirit also testifies to us; for after saying,  
    Hbr 10:16   “THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS UPON THEIR HEART, AND ON THEIR MIND I WILL WRITE THEM,” {He then says,}  
    Hbr 10:17   “AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE.”  

RSV
    And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying,  
    Hbr 10:16   “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds,”  
    Hbr 10:17   then he adds, “I will remember their sins and their misdeeds no more.”  

ASV
    15 And the Holy Spirit also beareth witness to us; for after he hath said,  
    16 This is the covenant that I will make with them After those days, saith the Lord: I will put my laws on their heart, And upon their mind also will I write them; [then saith he,]  
    17 And their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

YLT
    15 and testify to us also doth the Holy Spirit, for after that He hath said before,  
    16`This [is] the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, giving My laws on their hearts, and upon their minds I will write them,'  
    17 and `their sins and their lawlessness I will remember no more;'  

Charity

Is there some other translation that I am not aware of.

All the major translations agree that the Holy Spirit Spoke the word in Jer. 31:33.  ???

Yes thats Good…. happy with all that
    Now continue with all those other scriptures that you wish to use to ground your faith.
    :D

charity
    Participant

2Ki 5:7 And it came to pass, when the king of Israel had read the letter, that he rent his clothes, and said, [Am] I God, to kill and to make alive, that this man doth send unto me to recover a man of his leprosy? wherefore consider, I pray you, and see how he seeketh a quarrel against me.

2Cr 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency [is] of God;
    2Cr 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
    2Cr 3:7 ¶ But if the ministration of death, written [and] engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which [glory] was to be done away:
    2Cr 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
    2Cr 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation [be] glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

Cult Buster
    Participant

David

But the holy spirit (*through someone no doubt) is not quoting himself.  Notice, he's quoting “the Lord,” Jehovah God.

The Holy Spirit can refers to Himself in Third Person as “The Lord.” And why not? For He is Jehovah.

Look! Jehovah (The Holy Spirit) is speaking of Himself in the Third Person.

Jer 31:34  .. “Know the LORD (JEHOVAH): for they shall all know me”..

2Co 3:17  Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

There is perfect harmony in what the Holy Spirit (Jehovah) is saying.

First look at my original quotes before I add to them.

Here are the original quotes:

Compare
    Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD (JEHOVAH): for they shall all know me from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH) : for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

With

See also:

Compare

Psa 95:7  For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Psa 95:8  Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Psa 95:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
    Psa 95:10  Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
    Psa 95:11  Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

With

Heb 3:7  Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Heb 3:8  Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Heb 3:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
    Heb 3:10  Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
    Heb 3:11  So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

The only possible conclusion considering the grammar is that The Holy Spirit is Jehovah (God).

Now add the following as well.

Compare
    Isa 6:8  Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
    Isa 6:9  And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
    Isa 6:10  Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

With
    Act 28:25  And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
    Act 28:26  Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
    Act 28:27  For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
    Act 28:28  Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

The Biblical evidence is overwhelming.  The Holy Spirit is Jehovah!

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account