Understanding scripture

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 365 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

georg

you mean you always ad a comment ,you don't care if it is right or not,supported or not, well i have a problem with that.camels leave you with a sour after taste .

Pierre

Arnold
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 29 2010,16:48)
    georg

you mean you always ad a comment ,you don't care if it is right or not,supported or not, well i have a problem with that.camels leave you with a sour after taste .

Pierre

I wouldn't know, I never smoked them or eat them.
    You begin to sound more and more like Nick; you heard the expression, prove is in the pudding, it tastes better than camels too.

Georg

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 26 2010,20:09)
    Hi Nick,

John 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
    Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:
    for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that
    shall he speak: and he(HolySpirit) will show you things to come.

Rev.21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he (YHVH)
    will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, "And God Himself"=117 shall be with them, and be "their God". (Rev.3:8)

YHVH is GOD=117
    PSALM 117 is [The Bible's Center Chapter], the [smallest chapter] of the [LARGEST BOOK]!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

To All,

Follow God's word…  Click here

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    God is in heaven.
    He is in his creation as His Spirit.

Jesus is in heaven at God's right hand.
    He is in his brothers and sisters as the Spirit.

You cannot discern these things by numbers?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Arnold @ May 30 2010,17:36)

georg

Pierre

You begin to sound more and more like Nick; you heard the expression, prove is in the pudding, it tastes better than camels too.

Georg

georg

this "camel pudding" , never heard of that,

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 26 2010,20:09)
    Hi Nick,

John 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
    Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:
    for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that
    shall he speak: and he(HolySpirit) will show you things to come.

Rev.21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he (YHVH)
    will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, "And God Himself"=117 shall be with them, and be "their God". (Rev.3:8)

YHVH is GOD=117
    PSALM 117 is [The Bible's Center Chapter], the [smallest chapter] of the [LARGEST BOOK]!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)

"Their God"=86 is The “Word [of] God”=86. Click Here Fifth Post from the top.

God bless
    Ed J

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Arnold @ May 28 2010,04:34)

Quote (terraricca @ May 28 2010,02:42)

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 07 2010,11:31)

Quote (terraricca @ May 07 2010,02:46)

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 06 2010,22:41)

Quote (terraricca @ May 06 2010,14:04)

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 06 2010,00:49)

Quote (terraricca @ May 05 2010,02:28)

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 05 2010,01:50)

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 02 2010,03:25)
    Pentecost was the fulfilment of the promised comforter, the Holy Spirit.

Jhn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;  

Jhn 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.  

Jhn 16:7   Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.  

Do you understand why it was important for Jesus to ascent to heaven first?
    It was only after God excepted his sacrifice, would he send us his Holy Spirit.

Jhn 15:26  But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:  

Jhn 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

It is only through the Holy Spirit that we will understand anything, pertaining to the gospel.

But it was not Christs second coming.

Georg

I wonder why no one commented on this post?

Georg

georg

your scriptures are well said.

your comment is not clear ;It is only through the Holy Spirit that we will understand anything, pertaining to the gospel

my question is ;is not the gospel the works of the holy spirit?

The writers of the word were inspired by the Holy Spirit, but it is the word of God.
    Knowing the word is not the same as understanding it.

Georg

georg

that s true but the way to understanding is written in the word,
    and if you want to understand it then the word says apply what is written and you understand my wisdom.

conclution;if you do not apply you do not get the understanding.

If, by applying, you mean living a godly life? yes, that of course is the first thing one needs to do, but, the second thing is even more important, BELIEVING WHAT THE WORD SAYS. Any one that turns things around is in essence calling God a liar; do you think God will give his Holy Spirit to any one calling him a liar?

Georg

georg

you right but your statement as to include yourself

conclusion;if you do not apply you do not get the understanding

my quote does not leave anything out in my view.

you have to apply what the word says ,this statement does not leave nothing out,

so your answer is devious and subjective

the essence of the scriptures is "Jesus Christ"

You would only be right if you could prove that I don't go by scripture; not only that, I always give my understanding along with scripture, very few others here do that.

Georg

georg

here it is ;i mean your answer to your question;Mat 24:32 ¶ Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

The Fig tree symbolises Israel, it put forth leaves in 1948

Pierre

That's what I have always said; so what is your problem?

Georg

georg

i was not agreeing with you on that statement but showing you were you are quoting things who don't make sense ,

but of cause you say it make sense to me ,so it must be true?

well;well;???

Pierre

Arnold
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 31 2010,15:40)

georg

Pierre

Georg

georg

:p

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Arnold @ June 02 2010,16:06)

Quote (terraricca @ May 31 2010,15:40)

georg

Pierre

Georg

georg

:p

Hi Georg,

Is he sounding more like Nick or me?
    You said me in another thread (Click here).

God bless
    Ed J

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

I cant believe that nick wrote so much.
    This must of have been years ago! lol

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ June 17 2010,08:32)
    I cant believe that nick wrote so much.
    This must of have been years ago! lol

SF

many like the action in discussion,
    but do not even look at all what has been said in all the past treads.

it is self nourishing and bring good inside in both the fools and the wise.

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Matt.24:12 And because iniquity shall abound,
                       the love of many shall wax cold.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

To all:
    The mission of Jesus on the earth was to educate humans as to who they really are and where God is. Mans religion had destroyed the truth about human beings and created an inner image of an unworthy, unclean sinner who is almost good for nothing but groveling to his maker what a sinner he is.

The start of Jesus’ ministry was interesting. Mans mind had been so duped and destroyed by destructive lies that he couldn’t think strait about himself. He no longer saw himself as the great Son of God that he was and always has been. By thinking evil and destructive

thoughts of how impure, unclean and sinful he was, man defiled his own mind. He forsook his birthright for lies of destruction from other men who claimed to hear from God. Religion or mans ideas about God has sucked the life out of mankind since its beginning. So at the start of Jesus’ ministry his cousin John the Baptist came proclaiming repentance (or turn around from the sinful way you are going to God)

for the removal of sin and be Baptized for a washing away of lies and untruth. The unclean, destructive, degrading, sinful, ritualistic teaching of the Jews and their physical, brick and mortar temple worship, is being replaced for those who will accept and believe.

A new church body, a new temple made without hands, a new eternal Priesthood and High Priest. John pronounced that one was about to arise with the truth/spirit of God in his mouth. The Baptism of water was symbolic of a brain washing. Washing away the filth and sin of the old religious ways. Prepare the way of the lord through an open mind to receive the spirit words of God from Jesus. In the symbolic water Baptism one dies to the old way of religious service, rituals, sacrifices and works of all kinds so he can awaken to new life in the

spirit of God. The greater baptism is being whelmed with the spirit/words of God through Jesus. Anyone who would believe Jesus was perfected forever. Saved to the uttermost, forgiven, healed, cleansed, and made whole! Whosoever received his words as the Truth of God was made whole, complete, perfect, sinless, clean, and ordained for Gods service et.al.! What then will come forth from a perfected human being filled with the truth of God? The truth/spirit of God will always reflect goodness, kindness, love, peace, joy, purifying,

cleansing and sin free words to others. Jesus taught the new spirit of God Baptism through the words of truth. The new washing of the water of the words of God. (Eph.5:26)
    Jesus said you must be born again! One must be recreated spiritually by the words of Christ into a perfect man. Not perfection by works or what one does, but perfection created by the words of God through Jesus. When Jesus says you are clean (John15:3) accept that truth forever. What God has cleansed let no man call unclean.

In my opinion its time to stop talking trash. You either believe God has done this cleansing work for us and handed it to us on a platter or you are still unclean and in sin. Almost everybody in the Church structure will disagree with the truth that you have no sin forever. If you follow them you will remain in sin. You, who accept, have been made perfect in the eyes of God through Jesus forever.

If you have accepted the cleansing of Christ in you, then, from you, will flow rivers of living water. Paraphrased, from you will come words of life to others, you will sow kindness, peace, love, healing, forgiveness perfection, cleanliness, unity, and no condemnation to yourself or others. IMO, God bless all, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    No it was to tell of the mercy of God towards the rebellious, idolatrous and ungrateful.
    God owes us no favours.

Repent or you will all likewise perish.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi TK,

How we think is not 'the problem' (1James 3:20),
    only how we act is 'the problem'. (Mat.15:18-19)

God bless
    Ed J

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Word of God wrote and interprets the words of God.
    Men should shut up and listen

Ed J
    Participant

Hi,

Luke 21:14-15 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
    For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

God bless
    Ed J

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 30 2010,14:53)
    Hi,
    The Word of God wrote and interprets the words of God.
    Men should shut up and listen

Nick: Then, will you be silent now?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SF,
    Are you still feeling condemned ?

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 30 2010,14:34)
    Hi TK,

How we think is not 'the problem' (1James 3:20),
    only how we act is 'the problem'. (Mat.15:18-19)

God bless
    Ed J

Ed J: Thought always comes before any action. Whether right thought or wrong thought, always thought creates action.
    One that thinks he is unworthy, low, unclean, sinful, and unrighteous will act that way in life. Sin is wrong/destructive thinking which is apart from God and which creates wrong/destructive action.
    There are many God's revealed in the Bible if you read the ot and the new testament. God's of destruction and the most high God of love as revealed by Jesus. It is a persons choice to choose which God he will serve and his personal God. I follos Jesus and his God is my choice. As I consume the truth of God as revealed by Jesus I am filled with the spirits/thoughts of peace, love, forgiveness, happiness, contentment, cleanliness, and total perfection. The only way a person is motivated to act is by the his choice of beliefs. As a man believeth in his heart, so he is. We are creating our (truth) selves by our choice of beliefs from the Bible pertaining to God.IMO, God bless all, TK PS: there is no 1James3:20

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 365 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account