Understanding scripture

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 365 total)
  • Author
    theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ July 10 2010,21:32)

Quote (theodorej @ July 09 2010,23:45)

Quote (terraricca @ July 02 2010,07:15)
    tk

If you have accepted the cleansing of Christ in you, then, from you, will flow rivers of living water. Paraphrased, from you will come words of life to others, you will sow kindness, peace, love, healing, forgiveness perfection, cleanliness, unity, and no condemnation to yourself or others. IMO, God bless all, TK

this is easy to say but harder to do,

Pierre

Greetings Pierre…..Let me start with this, the only way we can reach the father is through the sacrafice of the son Jesus( The Christ)….We are cleansed upon repentance and the subsequent change in how we are living….We are still carnal and by no means have we become perfect…If we are instructed to teach,heal,prophetise or evangelize,it will be Gods spirit in us…the only choice we have is to either embrace the gifts of the spirit or reject them….it is by example that we will embrace kindness,love,peace and it is through Christs sacrafice that the living waters flow…not us..our human nature is at enmity with God..

theodorej: God is everywhere. You are born as a son of God. You may not be aware of it but you are. Until Jesus came most all were lost as to where God was. He is within us always has been always will be. He's everywhere.

Through Jesus teaching we recieve the awareness that we have been cleansed, ordained, forgiven, and made whole.

All who believe and lay down their life/self control to allow the love of God to rule their life, will live in life, health, happiness, prosperiety et.al. the aspects of sowing love and reaping love.

If one believes in evil he has negated omnipresent love. There was only good/God from the beginning. We have continued to believe the choice of the original man, in evil.

Evil is anything that causes wickedness and pain! If one believes in evil that is what he will live in. Most believe in evil so look at the world.

Evil and all its works must be put away from our minds. If we say we are clean and yet believe that we sin or can do some form of evil then we deny our cleansing.

As long as we judge our own works and others works we create sin. Sin is dead apart from a law. Where there is no law there can be no sin. We are talking Gods law not earthly law enforcement.

If we continue to deny the truth of perfection through Christ and believe in evil, then evil will be the fruit of our beliefs. IMO, God Bless, TK

Greetings TK and Nick…..Right you are Nick ,Iwas not here when the savior came and it may come as a shock but neither were you….Accepting Christ as my savior is something I can do verbaly,however,it is the calling that comes from God and the gift of the spirit that enables….Being spirit filled enables us to embrace the law and live under it…and in so living we set an example,that translates to teaching,prophetising,evangelizing and healing..these are the gifts of the spirit….judging others speaks to our carnality and its subsequent sinfullness…

theodorej
    Participant

Greetings TK…..Sin is the transgression of the Law….I would think that my judgement on what is evil and what is not is something I would approach with a good degree of caution…My feeling is it would Gods place to judge evil….I have no problem knowing that Iam a sinner and I need a Savior….Woe to those that say evil is good and good is evil…To declare something is Evil is weighty….I would be satisfied to have enough wisdom to recognize it…

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ July 11 2010,01:00)

tk

If you have accepted the cleansing of Christ in you, then, from you, will flow rivers of living water. Paraphrased, from you will come words of life to others, you will sow kindness, peace, love, healing, forgiveness perfection, cleanliness, unity, and no condemnation to yourself or others. IMO, God bless all, TK

Pierre

Greetings Pierre…..Let me start with this, the only way we can reach the father is through the sacrafice of the son Jesus( The Christ)….We are cleansed upon repentance and the subsequent change in how we are living….We are still carnal and by no means have we become perfect…If we are instructed to teach,heal,prophetise or evangelize,it will be Gods spirit in us…the only choice we have is to either embrace the gifts of the spirit or reject them….it is by example that we will embrace kindness,love,peace and it is through Christs sacrafice that the living waters flow…not us..our human nature is at enmity with God..

theodorej: God is everywhere. You are born as a son of God. You may not be aware of it but you are. Until Jesus came most all were lost as to where God was. He is within us always has been always will be. He's everywhere.

Through Jesus teaching we recieve the awareness that we have been cleansed, ordained, forgiven, and made whole.

All who believe and lay down their life/self control to allow the love of God to rule their life, will live in life, health, happiness, prosperiety et.al. the aspects of sowing love and reaping love.

If one believes in evil he has negated omnipresent love. There was only good/God from the beginning. We have continued to believe the choice of the original man, in evil.

Evil is anything that causes wickedness and pain! If one believes in evil that is what he will live in. Most believe in evil so look at the world.

Evil and all its works must be put away from our minds. If we say we are clean and yet believe that we sin or can do some form of evil then we deny our cleansing.

As long as we judge our own works and others works we create sin. Sin is dead apart from a law. Where there is no law there can be no sin. We are talking Gods law not earthly law enforcement.

If we continue to deny the truth of perfection through Christ and believe in evil, then evil will be the fruit of our beliefs. IMO, God Bless, TK

Greetings TK and Nick…..Right you are Nick ,Iwas not here when the savior came and it may come as a shock but neither were you….Accepting Christ as my savior is something I can do verbaly,however,it is the calling that comes from God and the gift of the spirit that enables….Being spirit filled enables us to embrace the law and live under it…and in so living we set an example,that translates to teaching,prophetising,evangelizing and healing..these are the gifts of the spirit….judging others speaks to our carnality and its subsequent sinfullness…

theo

you forgot to reply to this;now my question is how can you clean yourself in Christ truth and stay carnal,if so you have not clean yourself and so stay the way you are and live according to the flesh.and also be of a lip service to anyone who lessen to you.

many talking about spirited but can not explain what it is ,

and so :love will remain; Paul talks about the love FOR God and the only way we can express that love is in what we do with our fellow men ,(sorry for my level of written words i am not a scholar)

Pierre

Tim Kraft
    Participant

theodorej: There is no law. Luke 16:16 Jesus said the law was until John the Baptist, since then the Kingdom is preached.

Sin/evil are one. You cannot say God is everywhere yet there is evil or the other way around, there is evil and there is some God. If you don't know what evil is how can you do away with it? If you don't do away with evil you have rejected your salvation.

Sin is not doing evil! Sin is believing in evil! One is cleansed of evil by faith in the works of Jesus. Your works mean nothing. Salvation is by faith. The Law was about doing things or not doing things. That is past. The New Covenant is by faith/believing.

Removing the beliefs that works are good or evil is the only way a person can be saved. Jesus did the works and gave us the gift. Its a free gift from God by faith. If you believe you recieve. If you try to do anything for cleansing, you have denied the gift and are lost.

IMO we are all perfected by faith in what Jesus did. Bless you, TK

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 11 2010,01:16)

tk

Pierre

theo

you forgot to reply to this;now my question is how can you clean yourself in Christ truth and stay carnal,if so you have not clean yourself and so stay the way you are and live according to the flesh.and also be of a lip service to anyone who lessen to you.

and so :love will remain; Paul talks about the love FOR God  and the only way we can express that love is in what we do with our fellow men ,(sorry for my level of written words i am not a scholar)

Pierre

Greetings Pierre…..I can be forgiven and blessed with the spirit so as to be pleasing to God….This does not negate the fact that Iam a carnal human being and subject to temptation,there is only one who is perfect…and the closest we can get to perfect while being in the flesh is to be forgiven and justified…

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ July 11 2010,01:29)
    theodorej: There is no law. Luke 16:16 Jesus said the law was until John the Baptist, since then the Kingdom is preached.

Sin/evil are one. You cannot say God is everywhere yet there is evil or the other way around, there is evil and there is some God. If you don't know what evil is how can you do away with it? If you don't do away with evil you have rejected your salvation.

Sin is not doing evil! Sin is believing in evil! One is cleansed of evil by faith in the works of Jesus. Your works mean nothing. Salvation is by faith. The Law was about doing things or not doing things. That is past. The New Covenant is by faith/believing.

Removing the beliefs that works are good or evil is the only way a person can be saved. Jesus did the works and gave us the gift. Its a free gift from God by faith. If you believe you recieve. If you try to do anything for cleansing, you have denied the gift and are lost.  

IMO we are all perfected by faith in what Jesus did. Bless you, TK

Greetings Tim….."I did not come to change the Law,but to fullfill it."..( not a Dot or a Titl )…..In Lev:23 we are told by the Eternal that" HIS HOLY DAYS are to be Kept From Generation To Generation Even Unto Forever"…..What confuses me is….If Jesus said he did not come to change the Law,but to full it according to scripture ( one of many refs.ISA:53)….and the Father tells us that his statutes are to be passed on from Generation to Generation even unto forever….And don't tell me that this decree was meant for the Jews only,because at that time he was addressing all twelve tribes of Israel of which the Jews( Judah )was one of twelve…..How do extrpelate from Luke that the law ends with John the Baptist….Iam not a quoter of scripture Iam a student of scripture….so bare with me if it takes time to respond to your retort…

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ July 11 2010,01:34)

Quote (terraricca @ July 11 2010,01:16)

tk

Pierre

theo

and so :love will remain; Paul talks about the love FOR God  and the only way we can express that love is in what we do with our fellow men ,(sorry for my level of written words i am not a scholar)

Pierre

Greetings Pierre…..I can be forgiven and blessed with the spirit so as to be pleasing to God….This does not negate the fact that Iam a carnal human being and subject to temptation,there is only one who is perfect…and the closest we can get to perfect while being in the flesh is to be forgiven and justified…

theo

yes you are right and i agree to that

Pierre

Tim Kraft
    Participant

We so valiantly hold on to religious doctrines of which the most deadly one is that we are not perfect. Jesus paid a heavy price for your perfection. Jesus bought and paid for your godliness, cleanliness, perfection, forgiveness, and righteousness unto God the Father.
    You can't do anything for it BUT BELIEVE that he has done it.

Jesus gave himself as payment for that gift of perfection unto God. Each(human) church presented unto God without blemish. We are the temple of God if Jesus made us pure. God cannot dwell in sin!! We have the Kingdom of God within.There is no darkness if Jesus is the light. We are the Kings of our own Kingdom. We are the church which is his body. Is the body of Christ imperfect? Is the body of Christ unclean and blemished? Did Jesus fail him mission of bringing the truth to mankind that he is made whole by God?

Will we use religious phrases like, I am unworthy, or I am unclean, or I am just a carnal man, to negate the awsome works of Jesus. He gave his all for us and we would deny it is enough? Just so we can seem so humble and self-righteous. Carl Marx was right, religion is the opiot of the people. Its just like a destructive drug that affects the mind. It is dark and destroys.

Instead of making Jesus happy it is a grevous denial of what he has done for us.

I accept what Jesus has done for me and handed unto me and WOSOEVER WILL COME AND BELIEVE/RECEIVE! Any form of works or effort on the part of mankind for cleanliness or perfection is as dirty rags to God. If you believe that anything you do makes God happy or makes God sad you are lost in sin/error. Works don't make the person. The person that is already clean produces clean fruit.

God cleaned us through the words of Jesus. This is the gospel of God. Come to the table and eat this for eternal life. BY FAITH NOT WORKS!

If every jot or titl of the law must be fulfilled before the law is finished then we better start sacrificing animals again and stop working of any kind on what you term to be the sabbath day. The sacrifice cannot pass away until perfection has come and the law is finished. THIS IS THE WORK OF JESUS THE CHRIST OF GOD! Who will believe? TK

…the law was added util the seed should come…Gal3:19….
    …we have found him whom the law and prophets wrote…John1;45…
    …All the law and the prophets prophesied until John…Matt.11:13…
    …the law and prophets were until John….Luke 16:16
    …all things written about the son of man were accomplished..Luke18:31….there is no more work for Jesus to do!! Bless all, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    You are perfect??
    Seek first the kingdom of God and everything else will be added to you.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 11 2010,21:13)
    Hi TK,
    You are perfect??

Nick: You are too if you believe that Jesus did the works for you. If you believe you must do anything to be clean you have denied the work of Jesus.

Our work for God is to believe that the works for perfection in his eyes is completed and we are one together.John6:29

Jesus ordained us, sanctified us, and cleansed us by his words from God. John15:16…John17:17…John15:3…

What the Law couldn't do to make the worshiper perfect, Jesus did, once forever he provided perfection by faith. Its so simple that most religious people stumble over the very rock of salvation, Jesus.

Luke17:21 Jesus says,…"the Kinddom of God cometh NOT WITH OBSERVATION:
    Neither say, Lo here or Lo there, for BEHOLD, THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS WITHIN YOU!

If you wish to follow Jesus believe that is true. If you wish to follow religion believe the kingdom will come someday or is somewhere else.

I did nothing but believe in what Jesus did for my perfection.
    Apart from God I am nothing and have nothing. In Christ by faith I have the entire gift of God.

If one learns the truth of what Jesus did for us and rejects it and continues to say I am unclean, unworthy,unrighteous etc., there is no further cleansing unto God.

To do that one must deny Jesus as lord. IMO, TK

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Hi TK,
    You are perfect??

Nick: You are too if you believe that Jesus did the works for you. If you believe you must do anything to be clean you have denied the work of Jesus.

Our work for God is to believe that the works for perfection in his eyes is completed and we are one together.John6:29

Jesus ordained us, sanctified us, and cleansed us by his words from God. John15:16…John17:17…John15:3…

What the Law couldn't do to make the worshiper perfect, Jesus did, once forever he provided perfection by faith. Its so simple that most religious people stumble over the very rock of salvation, Jesus.

Luke17:21 Jesus says,…"the Kingdom of God cometh NOT WITH OBSERVATION:
    Neither say, Lo here or Lo there, for BEHOLD, THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS WITHIN YOU!

If you wish to follow Jesus believe that is true. If you wish to follow religion believe the kingdom will come someday or is somewhere else or hasn't come yet.

I did nothing but believe in what Jesus did for my perfection.
    Apart from God I am nothing and have nothing. In Christ by faith I have the entire gift of God.

If one learns the truth of what Jesus did for us and rejects it and continues to say I am unclean, unworthy,unrighteous etc., there is no further cleansing unto God.

To do that one must deny Jesus as lord. IMO, TK

theodorej
    Participant

Hi TK,
    You are perfect??

Greetings Nick….Yes once again you have Paroted a passage in scripture to make your point….unfortunately there are many more verses in the chapter than the component that you think makes a point….If we examine this issue maturely and with a reasonable amount of intellect,you have to ask yourself this question….Are You Perfect ??? Perfection being the absense of fault,with out error and no trace of frailty….My self….Iam far from it…yes Iam insearch of perfection,however,I will not attain it until Iam in the kingdom…and until then I will have to live with my inperfection and seek mercy and forgiveness until Iam called…

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ July 11 2010,20:52)
    We so valiantly hold on to religious doctrines of which the most deadly one is that we are not perfect. Jesus paid a heavy price for your perfection. Jesus bought and paid for your godliness, cleanliness, perfection, forgiveness, and righteousness unto God the Father.
    You can't do anything for it BUT BELIEVE that he has done it.

Jesus gave himself as payment for that gift of perfection unto God. Each(human) church presented unto God without blemish. We are the temple of God if Jesus made us pure. God cannot dwell in sin!! We have the Kingdom of God within.There is no darkness if Jesus is the light. We are the Kings of our own Kingdom. We are the church which is his body. Is the body of Christ imperfect? Is the body of Christ unclean and blemished? Did Jesus fail him mission of bringing the truth to mankind that he is made whole by God?

Will we use religious phrases like, I am unworthy, or I am unclean, or I am just a carnal man, to negate the awsome works of Jesus. He gave his all for us and we would deny it is enough? Just so we can seem so humble and self-righteous. Carl Marx was right, religion is the opiot of the people. Its just like a destructive drug that affects the mind. It is dark and destroys.

Instead of making Jesus happy it is a grevous denial of what he has done for us.

I accept what Jesus has done for me and handed unto me and WOSOEVER WILL COME AND BELIEVE/RECEIVE! Any form of works or effort on the part of mankind for cleanliness or perfection is as dirty rags to God. If you believe that anything you do makes God happy or makes God sad you are lost in sin/error. Works don't make the person. The person that is already clean produces clean fruit.

God cleaned us through the words of Jesus. This is the gospel of God. Come to the table and eat this for eternal life. BY FAITH NOT WORKS!

If every jot or titl of the law must be fulfilled before the law is finished then we better start sacrificing animals again and stop working of any kind on what you term to be the sabbath day. The sacrifice cannot pass away until perfection has come and the law is finished. THIS IS THE WORK OF JESUS THE CHRIST OF GOD!  Who will believe? TK

…the law was added util the seed should come…Gal3:19….
    …we have found him whom the law and prophets wrote…John1;45…
    …All the law and the prophets prophesied until John…Matt.11:13…
    …the law and prophets were until John….Luke 16:16
    …all things written about the son of man were accomplished..Luke18:31….there is no more work for Jesus to do!! Bless all, TK

Greetings Tim….Humility is one of the ways to earn favor, another is a fervent prayer for wisdom….I appreciate the fact that before God Iam but a sinner who deserves death,but,through his mercy and forgiveness he gave us Jesus….As I see it… this is not a denial of the cleansing grace of Jesus' sacrafice but a gracious acceptance of a chance at salvation…..Iam not a religous man Iam a God fearing man…and my fear of God is routed in respect…

Tim Kraft
    Participant

theodorej: When I read your post the first words that cut me to the bone were…"one of the ways to earn favor"….! Please with everything in me don't believe that you can earn favor by doing certain things or begging! That was ot lies. That is a slap in the face of Jesus and his great works for your perfection today.

No matter what we were before Jesus we are not now the same. If now you would still say you are a sinner who deserves death, then you would be denying the gift Jesus gave.

One thing to note: We are not in any way talking any form of perfection in this world on earth! Define perfection! If nobody know what it is then it is like a dangling carrot in front of the horse. You'll never get it. If one believes he is in sin and dirty and imperfect he cannot commune with God.

Another note is about the fear of God. I hope above hope that you are not referring to fear as being afraid of God. The fear of God is respecting what he says. If you say in your heart,….if God says I'm perfect then Im agreeing with God, that is respect. Jesus must have said "fear not" fifty times in the NT. If God is love how could anyone fear love? Can a person fear the truth? Could a

person fear meakness, kindness, peace etc.? Aren't these the fruit of the spirit of God? If you respect God and love God believe what he says and what he has done for you!

The old testament is over, finished, completed, through, done, ready for the waste can(2000 years ago) It was built on mans ideas of religion.It was in sin. The New Testament is constructed on the words of God through Jesus the Christ. On his words we live. The

New Testament is the effectual will of God. The old is passed, The new has come. The old produced works, effort, trying, begging, sacrifices, tithing, all man made physical efforts to appease God. Mostly made up by religious men that profited greatly from every doctrine they created. They were in sin. They were in darkness. What else can I say.

Nothing, the line is drawn in the sand. Believers of Gods truth through Jesus enjoy the Kingdom prepared for them. Outside are the workers of inuquity. Those who believe they are still sinners. Those who don't believe in their righteousness by faith. There is weaping and gnashing of teeth there, sorrow, pain, sickness, disease, sin! Does any of that sound like here, now for unbelievers? TK

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ July 12 2010,01:32)
    theodorej: When I read your post the first words that cut me to the bone were…"one of the ways to earn favor"….! Please with everything in me don't believe that you can earn favor by doing certain things or begging! That was ot lies. That is a slap in the face of Jesus and his great works for your perfection today.

No matter what we were before Jesus we are not now the same. If now you would still say you are a sinner who deserves death, then you would be denying the gift Jesus gave.

One thing to note: We are not in any way talking any form of perfection in this world on earth! Define perfection! If nobody know what it is then it is like a dangling carrot in front of the horse. You'll never get it. If one believes he is in sin and dirty and imperfect he cannot commune with God.

Another note is about the fear of God. I hope above hope that you are not referring to fear as being afraid of God. The fear of God is respecting what he says. If you say in your heart,….if God says I'm perfect then Im agreeing with God, that is respect. Jesus must have said "fear not" fifty times in the NT. If God is love how could anyone fear love? Can a person fear the truth? Could a

person fear meakness, kindness, peace etc.? Aren't these the fruit of the spirit of God? If you respect God and love God believe what he says and what he has done for you!

The old testament is over, finished, completed, through, done, ready for the waste can(2000 years ago) It was built on mans ideas of religion.It was in sin. The New Testament is constructed on the words of God through Jesus the Christ. On his words we live. The

New Testament is the effectual will of God. The old is passed, The new has come. The old produced works, effort, trying, begging, sacrifices, tithing, all man made physical efforts to appease  God. Mostly made up by religious men that profited greatly from every doctrine they created. They were in sin. They were in darkness. What else can I say.

Nothing, the line is drawn in the sand. Believers of Gods truth through Jesus enjoy the Kingdom prepared for them. Outside are the workers of inuquity. Those who believe they are still sinners. Those who don't believe in their righteousness by faith. There is weaping and gnashing of teeth there, sorrow, pain, sickness, disease, sin! Does any of that sound like here, now for unbelievers? TK

Greetings Tim….Point well made…and it is taken under advisement….the advisement being we are to prove all things…one quick question before I attempt to add credability to your well spoken and researched post….Are you a sinner,and what make you think I am denying the sacrafice of Jesus and the subsequent grace it attained? MY mind is open and along with being a student of scripture Iam also a student of history..

Tim Kraft
    Participant

theodorej: By the word of God through Jesus I believe you are cleansed of all sin, ordained to do the work of God, made perfect in Christ. That is the truth of God for me. Whether or not you believe those things for yourself only you and God know. I can say if you do agree and believe that those words are from God and for you, then it is the honest to God truth for you.

The Bible truth from Jesus comes with a warning from the master. When the good news/seed of the word of God is sown in a man, deception/lies/and untruth will come (from other earthly well respected people) to steal the words that were sown. Let the truth sink down deep within and hold fast and non-believers will flee.

God bless all your endeavours in Bible truth. If you ever want to request some of my writings I have very many about the Bible and would be glad to send them to your email for free. Request at [email protected] documents about truth and I will send some immediately. This is also for anyone else with interest. I can send you a history of myself and the word if desired. God bless, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    Reading the bible saves nobody.
    Believing what is says and calling Jesus Lord is useless.

Why do you call me LORD LORD and not do what I say ?

You must be born again of water and the Spirit.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 12 2010,06:12)
    Hi TK,
    Reading the bible saves nobody.
    Believing what is says and calling Jesus Lord is useless.

Why do you call me LORD LORD and not do what I say ?

You must be born again of water and the Spirit.

Nick: You said, reading the Bible, believing what it says and calling Jesus lord is usless! Oh, my!

At least I know what being born of water and spirit means!

Apparantly you don't!

Was there something destructive that I wrote in that last post to theordorej or are you just an angry pharisee that will

pull words out of context and serve them up with inuendo mixed with anger to make it look as though I was saying somenthing wrong?

You are just as clean as the works you do for God. By those works you will be judged.
    I choose to be cleansed by what Jesus said, from God, about me. I believe he is correct. I will take the judgment that comes from faith in Jesus. TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    Why bluster outside the gate of Jesus and not enter the kingdom?[Jn10}

JustAskin
    Participant

Tim,

Please check with t8/heaven if personal advertising is allowed before posting links to personal websites.
    (it would not be good if [real] people started registering just to post advertisement links while masquerading as Forum posters!)

[Moderator]

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 365 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account